• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

EVO 2013 - July 12th, 2013 - Las Vegas, Nevada

Status
Not open for further replies.

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
Yeah it's hilarious because it was literally being talked about at length directly above his post.

Now that we know there's 400+ confirmed and plenty more coming, can we finally get some serious hype in this thread? Pound, Genesis, Apex, etc... get 100s of pages at 40 ppp.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Now that we know there's 400+ confirmed and plenty more coming, can we finally get some serious hype in this thread? Pound, Genesis, Apex, etc... get 100s of pages at 40 ppp.
It's gonna take a long, long time before these thread reply totals get back to the level they were at a year ago. A lot of people are resistant to the board changes or too lazy to leave the friendly confines of their local Facebook groups. Hopefully Smashboards will draw more people back with the new mobile interface and upcoming frontpage features.

Dopey

Smash Lord
Man smashers nowadays r just *******.

I miss the good ol' days...ppl jus showed up to tournys if they were on here or not...but mostly miss it bcause I was good back then loll

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
yo who is HE

oh yeah i forgot no one uses smashboards anymore. I can't tell the difference because where i live lol.

XavierSylfaen

Smash Apprentice
Will there be friendlies or is it constantly tournament matches? I'm not coughing up $80 to get my ass handed to me in the first set and be limited to watching for the next three days. But if I'll be able to actually play a lot of the time that would be great.

smashmachine

Smash Lord
Will there be friendlies or is it constantly tournament matches? I'm not coughing up $80 to get my *** handed to me in the first set and be limited to watching for the next three days. But if I'll be able to actually play a lot of the time that would be great.
there's going to be friendly setups outside the main areas

Revven

FrankerZ
Will there be friendlies or is it constantly tournament matches? I'm not coughing up $80 to get my *** handed to me in the first set and be limited to watching for the next three days. But if I'll be able to actually play a lot of the time that would be great.
As smashmachine said above me, there will be setups for friendlies in the bring your own console room, among other side event stuff if someone organizes them or if there's time.

Dopey

Smash Lord
im soo excited...an i jus cant hide it...dun dun dun dun dun!!!!

S.D

Smash Master
I think Fuzzy, King Funk, and Jolteon from Europe are confirmed to going. Not sure what's up with Canada, Puerto Rico, Australia, etc.

It'd be nice to know the current list of registered players for SSBM. =\

It's nice to DREAM about getting 300+ entrants, but it'd be even better if people acted on this and made it actually HAPPEN.
Australia is going to be me. And one brawl player.
REPRESENT!!!

Skrlx

Smash Champion
Is it possible for someone to buy a S+ tier competitor pass from a person, or am I out of luck? I'm really late at registering, but I want to catch the GFs in person, and not in a livestream. :(

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
whoa, the registration numbers went flat after hitting 400+
hopefully it increases more in the last few days

wait, how do you know that
More like, registration numbers this time are normal, while registration numbers for past Smash nationals are unusually backloaded. This is how it should be. Smashers should break out of their lazy habits.

TheCrimsonBlur

Smash Master
No, I think we likely spiked at the first deadline ("early bird registration") and will do so again at the next one.

It shouldn't be surprising. There was no incentive to register in between the deadlines.

Just how big a spike we'll see is unpredictable, but a lot of it depends on how effectively we spread the word.

smashmachine

Smash Lord
No, I think we likely spiked at the first deadline ("early bird registration") and will do so again at the next one.

It shouldn't be surprising. There was no incentive to register in between the deadlines.

Just how big a spike we'll see is unpredictable, but a lot of it depends on how effectively we spread the word.

what he said
although i suppose without the early bird registration, the initial spike wouldn't have happened

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
I dunno I think we've seen everybody register already, there'll be a few late comers like armada and forward, probably hit 630 max.

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
I dunno someone on Facebook said they had a spectator pass and wanted to upgrade and someone said "is that forward?" Along with others

kirbykid

BRoomer
BRoomer
Hey everyone. The KrazyKirbyKid is going to EVO! I'll be supporting my fellow smasher AND I'll also be showing off a sweet fighting game I've been developing. It's called BaraBariBall. It's very smash bros inspired. It'll be releasing on PSN later this year, so this is a huge deal.

Check out the new trailer for BaraBariBall!

strawhats

Smash Master
Hey everyone. The KrazyKirbyKid is going to EVO! I'll be supporting my fellow smasher AND I'll also be showing off a sweet fighting game I've been developing. It's called BaraBariBall. It's very smash bros inspired. It'll be releasing on PSN later this year, so this is a huge deal.

Check out the new trailer for BaraBariBall!
wow soo many old school players going to this. Hope KDJ/Azen go to this too. I know PC/Chu aren't going unfortunately, would've been nice to see the elite 4/5 from 2005-2006 in one building together in one room, especially with Ken going.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom