• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

EVO 2013 - July 12th, 2013 - Las Vegas, Nevada

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atlus8

Smash Master
For those that are still looking for a hotel, book at The Harrah's RIGHT NOW! There is a promo going on and it's dirt cheap! I ended up cancelling my last reservation, making a new reservation where I check-in a day earlier AND it's still cheaper than my cancelled reservation! Check-in from Wednesday on the 10th to check-out on Monday on the 15th came to less than $300! Probably gonna catch a show with that extra day!

F Zero

Smash Journeyman
My search at The Harrah's came up to a 1 bedroom classic for three days 197$. Plane ticket is from florida on Spirit Airlines, and that's 398$. All in all, a $600 dollar 3 day trip -_-
Can't take more than three days off work...that's a hefty price too.
Has anyone in atlantic south/east coast found a better price?

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
scratch that, meant to be say something like who got rooms and stuff already. Looking to see it people have rooms or anything yet. I will be getting on it this weekend

atlus that deal sounds beast

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I got the paris for $98 a night. be jelly

luzbwl

Smash Cadet
Now that Armada is retired I call pp winning this, with m2k as a close 2nd

Revven

FrankerZ
Only a week left until early bird registrations are over (meaning you won't be getting the $20 discount). If you don't want to pay more, you better register soon!

Atlus8

Smash Master
It's worth noting that Mr.Wizard has posted that The Paris Hotel is 90% booked for EVO! He had already asked for more rooms before so if people haven't booked then do so soon!

Revven

FrankerZ
theres like no hype lol i wonder what the turn out rate for melee is gonna be... probably less than 200 melee entrants?
I feel like a bunch of people are procrastinating like they always do. Tons of smashers tend to register pretty damn close to tournament week most of the time because they usually don't know months in advance whether they'll be able to go or not.

That's... my hope at least, lol. I guess it's just not close enough to July yet for swarms of people to be posting. :V

I just really hope the top players like Mew2King, Dr. PP, Hbox, and etc. already registered and got their hotel rooms. It would be absolutely ridiculous if any one of them waited until the very last minute and then were screwed out of going because registration closes or something. This is ****ing EVO, you can bet your ass it's going to be crowded so it'd be a good idea to register early than late.

OkamiBW

Smash Champion
As Atlus said, we're at 90% booking for the hotel itself. I just booked my 4 days today*. :)

*which means Fly, Oksas, and 3 other no-name SoCal'ers (including myself) have a place to sleep.

strawhats

Smash Master
I feel like a bunch of people are procrastinating like they always do. Tons of smashers tend to register pretty damn close to tournament week most of the time because they usually don't know months in advance whether they'll be able to go or not.

That's... my hope at least, lol. I guess it's just not close enough to July yet for swarms of people to be posting. :V

I just really hope the top players like Mew2King, Dr. PP, Hbox, and etc. already registered and got their hotel rooms. It would be absolutely ridiculous if any one of them waited until the very last minute and then were screwed out of going because registration closes or something. This is ****ing EVO, you can bet your *** it's going to be crowded so it'd be a good idea to register early than late.
this is more likely to happen to mango then anyone else lmfao. He's prime suspect numero uno when it comes to registering for big tournaments. Battlecow had to register for him (Apex 2013).

LLDL

Smash Hero
If you registered for evo, rsvp in this thread so we can build up hype

LLDL

Smash Hero
Because they don't show you the attendee list on the evo website

SillyGoose

Master of QWOP
this is more likely to happen to mango then anyone else lmfao. He's prime suspect numero uno when it comes to registering for big tournaments. Battlecow had to register for him (Apex 2013).
Mango never even payed Battlecow back either, despite winner several hundred bucks. That guy is unreliable and unpredictable

prog

Priest of the Temple of Syrinx
Registration for EVO WILL CLOSE AT SOME POINT.

REGISTER ASAP OR GET LEFT BEHIND.

Revven

FrankerZ
Doing a quick google search on how early EVO registration closed last year and it looks like it closed sometime late May or early June. But this may be dependent on the amount of players registering late; meaning it could close even earlier this year than last year because of more players registering early.

I mean, if the Paris Hotel is already 90% full... that's a pretty good indication that you may want to register this month or early next if you want to guarantee your slot.

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
Didn't he need battlecow or someone to register him for apex at the last minute? ...someone register him now, he'll have the money afterwards lol.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
I would laugh so hard if we payed 90k to get to evo, and then had like a couple dozen people show up. Commonyoshi for EVO 2013 champion, LOL.

strawhats

Smash Master
apparently Darkrain is probably going too, and lucky...according to Juggleguy and some dude from Cali (regarding Lucky)

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
Anyone able to get in touch with javi and see what the chances are if seeing him there? I mean its a lot closer than new jersey

Revven

FrankerZ
I think Fuzzy, King Funk, and Jolteon from Europe are confirmed to going. Not sure what's up with Canada, Puerto Rico, Australia, etc.

It'd be nice to know the current list of registered players for SSBM. =\

It's nice to DREAM about getting 300+ entrants, but it'd be even better if people acted on this and made it actually HAPPEN.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom