• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

EVO 2013 - July 12th, 2013 - Las Vegas, Nevada

Status
Not open for further replies.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
As far as I know, there hasn't been any news yet. I'm pretty sure we're all hoping to be able to do the one week thing.

Revven

FrankerZ
Nothing official has been said by the Genesis TOs about when Genesis will take place. It's all speculation/conjecture at this point.

Tink

Smash Hero
i read a message from boback on facebook like, the day after smash won evo and i swear it said it was going to be the weekend after, they just had to confirm the venue, and were 99% sure 0_o.....i could be wrong or things changed by now, but that was the last i read.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
So the dates for G3 are 97% confirmed for July 19th, 20th, and 21st. (fri-sun)

I say 97% because the venue is still not confirmed. The dates however are not 100% yet due to not having the venue confirmed.

The second the venue is confirmed, all the information, website, pre-reg, and all that good stuff will be posted and presented for everyone to see.

thanks for being patient everyone :D
Straight from Boback.

Melty Venus

Smash Cadet
^ seems like it'd be kind of expensive as well. Damn, I was happy because EVO doesn't conflict with Comic-Con but it looks like it does with Genesis 3 and now I'm sad.

:phone:

lotor611

Smash Journeyman
I trust the info Rob got from Boback. I just really hope they are back to back weekends for those that are traveling from farther away. Will be one of the best summers for melee! This community is amazing!

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
I don't play melee, but even I entered to support the tourney attendance

Although if someone loses to me in tourney, you gaaabage :laugh:

On a serious note, entering AE/SFxT for the games I actually play

CaptainCrunch

Smash Ace
We need to figure out housing for this and G3. Ideally we would go to evo and then split up the smashers b/w AZ, NV, and CA and then meet up in Cali for G3 and fly out from Cali. We'd need a lot of people to volunteer for housing going to evo and g3 to make this a success, I don't think many smashers especially from EC can afford 2 round trip flights 2 weeks in a row. If you can house and live in AZ,NV, or CA, PLEASE, let people know.

Metà

Smash Master
do they ever put a cap on the number of entrants? becausethis tournament is way too hype right now

registering as soon as i get my travel details sorted out

Revven

FrankerZ
do they ever put a cap on the number of entrants? becausethis tournament is way too hype right now

registering as soon as i get my travel details sorted out

To my knowledge, no they don't put a cap on entrants. SSFIV AE and Marvel 3 both had about 1,000+ entrants for each. But there's a overlap there because lots of players play both games. For SSBM I can see it getting high up there because there's tons of players who just exclusively play SSBM.

As an aside, you can register right now if you have the money. Early bird registration (which is what they're taking right now) closes March 31st and registration in general closes June 30th.

OP should at least have the registration link up, even though we don't have the other details yet.

n00b ADAM!

Smash Cadet
YO YO YOOO what up my *****s the soulthelegend is back!!!!! 22 months in the slammer but dem *****s couldn't hold me down. YO I heard this tourney is gonna be HUGE, like my **** sukkas. YO ive been practicing up in jail. Beating all the other inmates in melee, but I don't mean Super smash brothersss i mean actuall fighting ya dig. I heard they make a mean slice of pizza in La Vegas. Ill be down for pizza matches with and nub who thinks they can take on soulthelegend of rap. YO PEACE

Lovage

Smash Hero
YO YO YOOO what up my *****s the soulthelegend is back!!!!! 22 months in the slammer but dem *****s couldn't hold me down. YO I heard this tourney is gonna be HUGE, like my **** sukkas. YO ive been practicing up in jail. Beating all the other inmates in melee, but I don't mean Super smash brothersss i mean actuall fighting ya dig. I heard they make a mean slice of pizza in La Vegas. Ill be down for pizza matches with and nub who thinks they can take on soulthelegend of rap. YO PEACE
hell yea my man is OUT
cya there homie

chaddd

Smash Lord
Vegas and Smash was so much fun in 2007 that I'm going to have to fly out for this.

Mundungu

Smash Lord
I'm def gonna make it out to this, and maybe G3 too. Might be chillin in the west coast for almost a month!

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
Ive alerady paid for my evo tickets, entering marvel + ssf4 as well

already got my hotel sorted, Jolteon is travelling with me from the UK

We will prob need some housing in socal beforehand, and possible norcal after evo depending on flight costs/times

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom