• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Everyone look it's a new sticky!!! - Ness video critique thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

mobilisq

Smash Ace
i have yet to play wifi without some horrendous lag, and yeah i usually cant find any people worth playing on when i try anyhow.

Man of Popsicle

Smash Lord
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sh0_M5b-9CA&feature=related

Oh shoot.
I found a random video of my ness on youtube!
Finally! critique.
Some of the matches aren't so great because of lag/rust/night-time johns, but I wasn't doing so bad. (there's about seven videos.)
So please critique. I feel the above is a prtty good example of my fundamental strategy. Stage control.

This one is the best. But number 5 is hilarious.

Chuee

Smash Hero
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sh0_M5b-9CA&feature=related

Oh shoot.
I found a random video of my ness on youtube!
Finally! critique.
Some of the matches aren't so great because of lag/rust/night-time johns, but I wasn't doing so bad. (there's about seven videos.)
So please critique. I feel the above is a prtty good example of my fundamental strategy. Stage control.

This one is the best. But number 5 is hilarious.
lol you found them!
Thanks, when I went to view those I found random vids of myself ._.

Uffe

Smash Hero
I always ban Yoshi's Island. But recently I did pretty good there against my opponent. I think I was fighting Zelda. But yeah, I hate Yoshi's Island. I think the next time I fight Falco I'll ban Japes and for Snake I'll ban Luigi's Mansion. I think I'll have a better chance of winning on Yoshi's Island vs them.

xoxokev

Smash Lord
near perfect spacing in the first game of the MM, i think you got a little careless during the next two games. especially at delfino. you should have stayed on the left platform on the part with that wooden boat in the background, and you DEFINITELY should have stayed away when DDD was standing next to that wall. yoshi's island seemed to be a good counterpick, good job on that

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
Jorge, you had him *****... Gj... A couple of things could have been altered to win, but good nuff. End of 2nd match, absorb furthest away and magnet cancel a spotdodge, expecting the grab; then nair wouldve won it. Also, as xoxo said, careful of those infinites and walkoffs... Those kill you if you're not careful. Good overall. Couple of things i've gotta do more frequently (nair>uair>utilt)... Great combos on him! Gj.

CarVac

Smash Journeyman
You missed a ton of dashgrabs. Also, it may be just me, but I spotdodge or roll behind Ike when he Aethers and lands on stage. Otherwise, great job predicting what your opponent would do.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Alright, a couple things I noticed...

You roll WAY too much. At higher levels of play, you'll end up getting punished for them, hard. You also missed a lot of opportunities to punish because you were rolling. Many of the attacks would have been easy to spot dodge, allowing you to punish.

You missed a lot of grabs. Learn the range on that, you should have been punished for those too.

The Ike wasn't really good. Got hit by a lot of things he shouldn't have and he hardly spaced. He also overused counter. =/

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
I didn't have much to say to that considering everything you did worked really well. Especially the PKF abuse. :laugh:

I guess I have a few points of advice.

One: Get a better cameraman.

Two: Stop running into Usmash. A lot of the times you were hit by it for air dodging immediately after an attack, which isn't necessary at all. For example, in the first video at about 0:53 you air dodge right after being hit by Fox Illusion, which doesn't have any instant follow ups. That reaction got you usmashed.

That's really all I noticed.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
One: Get a better cameraman.

Lol I didnt evenknow who the camera guy was or that heeven put it up. Heck i dun even remember seeing him record O_o
I was 2 busy PKFing and edgehoging :p

THe airdodge thing s funny cuz I am a victim of this bad habbit, yet I ride on this forsome combos Ipull off myself lol. But thnks. This tournament brings ack some happy... and pissy memories. Mainly me being disqualified for showing up late the next dy in ladder T_T

CarVac

Smash Journeyman
@EB360: Your playstyle is very spare, and very effective. I notice you do the walk away>turn around> dashgrab. I guess that way when you're walking away, you can respond with anything (all smashes, tilts, etc).

mobilisq

Smash Ace
bear in mind that the video i linked is over 7 months old, so im a little less stupid with rolling. still, yeah, this is the best opponent ive had since.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Thank you Cardvac. Yes I walk a lot because I feel it's easy to respond with, and you dont get that dash animation of a run. That little animation makes you move a certain distance before you can actually respond with an attack. Walking can end wherever you want so it's more precise.

However, I have been pivot smash and batting lately. Even dash attack. The range of those attacks feel like theyre enough to cover the distance of the dash animation.

Uffe

Smash Hero
Playing EB360 is kind of scary. He mixes his playstyle up quite a bit it's almost hard to read him. His walking tactics are especially interesting. I've been trying some of it myself and it's been helping me out a bit. But there's more to it than just that. He's good with getting aggressive and spacing. I've seen a similar thing in ViceGrip's and Bartolon's Ness.

CarVac

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, dash attack is just amazingly ranged (it's just hard to space properly). When spaced, though, you can't get grabbed, and its hitbox is transcendent so it can't be clashed with. I should try using it more as a mixup instead of just pivot PKFs. I guess walking could help with the spacing on it, though.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Funny you bring that up because I was JUST starting to do this. Dsmash has very good range compared to Ness' other attacks and the dsmash going backwards has much more speed than an fsmash. Hasn't really done any bad for me so far.

CarVac

Smash Journeyman
First of all, he didn't SDI out of the laser blast. WTF?
Anyway, he was just using typical Snake tactics, trying to make you approach, and you wouldn't.

For one, you seem too afraid of his grenades. By the time you decide to go run towards him, they would go off.
You also caught them a few times with aerials and forgot that you had them in your hand.

You occasionally seemed to forget about his mine and the upsmash mortar falling down.

Basically, you must approach with your strong aerials, and DON'T HIT HIS SHIELD when he is holding a grenade or else you'll blow up.

Asa

Smash Hero
Sweet thanks.

Idk why he didn't sdi out of the laser lol

For the first vid, did I make a good choice on the counterpick? What are some good stages to take mk to?

Bartolon

Smash Lord
**** you've gotten much better. Im proud =)

Try to play more safe, Nair Oos is probably your best punisher vs marth.
Try to space your fairs well =O

Don't have much too say I still struggle with marth.

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
... Marth is annoying...

Dancing blade with the multi hitting end you want to sdi out as far as possible as early as possible. You may end up getting into a tipper by that, but you also don't want to just take a ton of damage from nowhere... Good job avoiding the grab... You seemed to have broken out jus far enough each time to not ge regrabbed... Except maybe once...

The 0:27 mishap is what made me lose a set to dla's dk in the last game.... I beat his ganon though...

Fair a little less...
When pkfire-ing off the ledge to get a pillar up, try to fh it... Less laggy and goes downwards a little to prevent someone who would barely make the ledge... Less fair from hanging on ledge... Ledgegames must be mixed up as much as possible to prevent being read/killed.
Keep up the no psi magnet...
Pkt tailwhipping from a distance when trying to stop an offstage marth... Also pkflash if they are far enough...
Ftilt and jabs seemed to nearly never be used... Jab only first and second hit then either dtilt or spotdodge or grab. Ftilt for when you can punish.
Perfect shielding destroys a lot of marths things...
.... You are good, but I'm always criticizing... I'm worse on myself...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom