• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event 52 - PREREGISTRATION REQUIRED - $500 OOS Bonus- Kansas City, KS - Oct 18th-19th

DYC

Smash Champion
Yeah, I know that Darkrain is real busy with other stuff (and by now, probably setting up the tournament/sleeping), but I at least would really appreciate if a final update could be made on who's registered. I'm pretty sure I have, but I am not 100% certain and I don't want to drive nine hours to get rejected at the door/make more work by registering twice.

Regardless, I hope to see everyone on Saturday! I am really looking forward to this.
All registration was for was to give us a good general idea of how many people were coming, and thus how to structure the tournament. Show up and you can enter the tournament.

Perfect Duck

Smash Journeyman
All registration was for was to give us a good general idea of how many people were coming, and thus how to structure the tournament. Show up and you can enter the tournament.
From the very start, I had the suspicion that preregistration wasn't -really- required. Really, though, being able to see the list made it inspiring for others to join the list. It was a brilliant idea.

papermarkis

Smash Lord
Is registration going to start earlier than 9:30? 30 minutes doesn't sound like enough time to register almost 150 people, get the pools made for both singles AND doubles, and announce all the pools and where they will be playing.

KOS-MOS

Smash Journeyman
I want to 1$ MM Cactuar, although I think he'll decline considering how badly I owned him last time...in pools...with my Peach... <3

/trashtalk

Phatgamer1

Smash Lord
1111 NE Waterfileld Village Dr.
Blue Springs, MO

Cell phone number: 816-878-3896. Call me if you need help with getting to my house.

darkrain

Smash Ace
If anyone needs a last minute hotel this one is really close to the venue and reasonably priced. I'll put it in the first post as well

Days Inn Kansas City Lenexa
630 Rosehill Rd
Lenexa, KS 66215
(913) 492-7200‎

Cactuar

El Fuego
BRoomer
I want to 1$ MM Cactuar, although I think he'll decline considering how badly I owned him last time...in pools...with my Peach... <3

/trashtalk
Wait wait...

Was that the time you lost to me?

Also, I will mm anyone, assuming they come up to me during the tourny and request it. Forum challenges rarely get carried out.

Tomacawk

Smash Master
I live near springfield, IL
My ride just called me and said he's not going
if ANYBODY is driving there, call me A-S-A-P in the area, I have possibly 2 additional people who may come and we'll all throw down for gas
call me if you can 217-370-6174

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
See everybody tomorrow. Oh and Phat sorry for not telling you for sure if i was staying at your house or not....last minute changes and such....plus i don't get cell phone reception at my own house so I couldn't call you...

I can't wait for this thing to get started.....

~GregDang!~

Smash Master
Des Moines is only coming with 3 peeps. Very upsetting to me, but we are about to leave. We'll have a setup if you guys need it.

Perfect Duck

Smash Journeyman
I made a new tentative schedule that is a little more detailed. This is assuming we have 32 setups, each round of pools consists of 8 pools with 4 TVs per pool.

Saturday, October 18th

9:30 AM Registration Begins
10:00 AM Registration Ends, Missing Teams/Singles removed from pools
10:30 PM Teams Pools, Round 1..... 64 to 32, Top 4 Advance
12:30 PM Teams Pools, Round 2 .....32 to 16, Top 2 Advance
3:00 PM Singles Pools, Round 1, Set 1..... 150 to 64, Top 4 Advance
5:30 PM Singles Pools, Round 1, Set 2 .....150 to 64, Top 4 Advance
8:30 PM Singles Pools, Round 2 .....64 to 32, Top 4 Advance
10:00 PM Top 32 Singles Bracket and Top 16 Teams Announced
11:00 PM Tournament done for the night

Sunday, October 19th
10:00 AM Breakfast Served at the venue
11:00 AM Teams Final Bracket, Top 16
2:00 PM Singles Bracket, Top 32
6:00 PM Singles Finals
7:00 PM Crew, low tier, smash 64, friendlies
11:00 PM We get kicked out

This is all estimated but it will be pretty close to our actual schedule.
Just quoting this post so more people know about it.

Zantetsu

Smash Master
I'm bringing 2 recording set ups.

1 9'' tv w/ recorder and some weird old vcr I found in my room. I also have 6 sony tapes and a gamebridge here in my hotel room.

My gamebridge quality, if fed straight through, turns out like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcoDHqaNl1g&fmt=18

With my old vcr, the quality kinda turns out like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eS6HAMiq0S0

So if we have anyone else with a vcr, you're going to really want to use that for important matches. But just for friendlies, I've got a nice ****ty vcr :)

EDIT: Turns out my 9'' tv w/ vcr doesn't record under the AUX setting. I guess it's to prevent people from copying tapes from hooked up vcr's or something. So make that 1 setup. I'll just set the vcr to my small tv until it's really needed for something.

Also, the quality from the VCR may not be the VCR's fault. I remember buying some really really bad tapes. Now I got 6, 6 hour sony tapes :)

Big_R

Smash Champion
dude jiano and dmac and running thru pools wrecking everything they beat cactuar and m2k it was 222hot

i got knocked out 2nd round it was tough

we are starting singles pools soon

this venue is sweet

ummm idk i got nothing else

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
any other updates? especially from the PA players, gotm scar tuar and m2k. i know gotm and scar made it to teams bracket with 2nd seed from round 2 pools, and from what big r said it seems the same for m2k and tuar. how about singles stuff?

Top Bottom