• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event 52 - PREREGISTRATION REQUIRED - $500 OOS Bonus- Kansas City, KS - Oct 18th-19th

spiritdragon

Smash Ace
Hey, so I sent Darkrain a PM about housing again a few days ago, and since there is only a week left and he hasn't replied, I am asking again for housing for 5 people coming from Colorado. We'll be leaving the 17th and probably will arrive in the early morning of Saturday(like 12-2am kinda thing). We will then leave Monday the 20th. So a grand total of about 3 days for housing.

Note this is just as a precaution cause I haven't gotten that PM from Darkrain back, so if one or the other happens(Darkrain finds us housing, someone is willing to house us), I'll PM both people and tell them what will go down.

Seriously though guys, tacking on up to 30$ each person for a hotel room(10$ for 3 days) is not fun when the money could be spent on money matches or food or other smash related things :laugh:

Massive thanks to whoever can house us, PM me.

Jesi

Smash Ace
Colorado, he may not have respond but he's probably already counted you as housing at his place. Just go ahead and head there. if you need the address pm me or it might be on the first page....

no worries! ^_^

Perfect Duck

Smash Journeyman
Oh and I can bring a cube. How do you stop people from stealing that anyway? Do I have to pack it up when I go to sleep? Noob question etc.
This goes for everyone, especially those concerned about their stuff: MARK IT!! It could just be with a strip of masking tape with your name sharpied onto it. This would drastically reduce 'whose child is it' drama.

Anyone up for teaming with me? I am the ultimate supporter. I will hurl myself in front of a ****ing train for my teammate.
Well, that sounds really attractive since the South KC/Overland Park crew has exactly 3 melee enthusiasts remaining... Among Stealth Raptor, Jace08 and myself, one will be the odd one out and looking for a teammate. (probably me because Jace and Stealth were looking at teaming up for a while now) We'll be deciding for sure during today and tomorrow's practice... But would you take one of us?

papermarkis

Smash Lord
Yeah, if you're flying in, go ahead and assume Darkrain's housing you unless he comes in and says otherwise. If you're driving in, I believe phatgamer has already vocalized everyone he is housing and it is closed. When I see Darkrain today or tomorrow I'll tell him to come here and make clear exactly who he is housing.

spiritdragon

Smash Ace
Bring that Colorado yoshi, I think he's from CO atleast.
Bloshi, does not live in Colorado anymore, which SUCKS cause he is pretty **** good. And now we can't even play him.

Colorado, he may not have respond but he's probably already counted you as housing at his place. Just go ahead and head there. if you need the address pm me or it might be on the first page....

no worries! ^_^
Yeah, if you're flying in, go ahead and assume Darkrain's housing you unless he comes in and says otherwise. If you're driving in, I believe phatgamer has already vocalized everyone he is housing and it is closed. When I see Darkrain today or tomorrow I'll tell him to come here and make clear exactly who he is housing.
We are actually driving there. HUGE huge thanks for letting him know, cause we really need to know otherwise we'd be going nowhere :(

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
Well I'm sure it can't be worse than the guy who tried to house like 30 people at the giant Georgia tournament... in his one bedroom, one bathroom studio apartment.

Col Bol

Smash Champion
Well I housed 17-20 people for FAST in my living room, dining room, bedroom, and kitchen, but it wasn't the most comfortable for everyone :p

darkrain

Smash Ace
So far there are 18 people flying in that have PM'ed me. I live in a small 2 story house but the upstairs isn't being occupied by anyone at the moment. There is 3 bedrooms, a living room, and a dining room plus I have a living room and a den downstairs. Accommodating 18 people isn't going to be hard at all. I think colorado should go ahead and come to my place since phatgamer is already housing like 60 people.

I can house about 30 people. I've got 23 so far with the people flying + colorado. I'm pretty sure there are still a few people who haven't given me their flight info yet so I'm getting close to being maxed out. Anybody else flying in that hasn't pm'ed me? Holla!!

soap

Smash Hero
darkrain posts are straight informational... the only useless darkrain post ive seen is when he was talking about echo being the best samus in the midwest

spiritdragon

Smash Ace
So far there are 18 people flying in that have PM'ed me. I live in a small 2 story house but the upstairs isn't being occupied by anyone at the moment. There is 3 bedrooms, a living room, and a dining room plus I have a living room and a den downstairs. Accommodating 18 people isn't going to be hard at all. I think colorado should go ahead and come to my place since phatgamer is already housing like 60 people.

I can house about 30 people. I've got 23 so far with the people flying + colorado. I'm pretty sure there are still a few people who haven't given me their flight info yet so I'm getting close to being maxed out. Anybody else flying in that hasn't pm'ed me? Holla!!
fffffff MASSIVE THANKS FOR THIS DARKRAIN'S MY HERO! Ok, so we will most likely show up very early in Saturday. I've PMed you about this as well.

Ulti

Smash Journeyman
I was wondering if Darkrain, or anyone experienced in running larger tournaments, would have an estimate for when this might end. I think I remember reading somewhere that brackets were going to start at 2:00 on Sunday. Is that still the plan? If so, what is the usual length for that? If not, when will brackets start/end?

Thanks.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
^It was in the first post. Here it is:
When & What

Saturday, October 18th
- Check in starts at 9:30am
- Super Smash Bros. Melee Pools (Teams) @ 10am
- Super Smash Bros. Melee Pools (Singles) @ 3pm

Sunday, October 19th
- Super Smash Bros. Melee 16 Man Bracket (Teams) @ 11am
- Super Smash Bros. Melee 32 Man Bracket (Singles) @ 2pm

Ulti

Smash Journeyman
Wow I can't believe I missed that, sorry; but how long do 32 person brackets typically last (I have only attended small in-state stuff before, haha)?

I take it that if a 16 team bracket takes 3 hours that a 32 person bracket will take around twice as long?

Sorry, and thanks again.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
It definitely depends. It for sure wouldn't take six hours; Teams have 16 stocks to go through each match and yet a 16-team bracket only takes 2.5-3 hrs. I'm guessing 4 at max?

Cups

Smash Ace
KC tourneys usually go as long as we can until Duck and Stealth kick us out lol. Just plan on it being relatively late, it would be safe to say 10 pm or later.

I summon a Stealth post telling us when we have to be out!

darkrain

Smash Ace
I made a new tentative schedule that is a little more detailed. This is assuming we have 32 setups, each round of pools consists of 8 pools with 4 TVs per pool.

Saturday, October 18th

9:30 AM Registration Begins
10:00 AM Registration Ends, Missing Teams/Singles removed from pools
10:30 PM Teams Pools, Round 1..... 64 to 32, Top 4 Advance
12:30 PM Teams Pools, Round 2 .....32 to 16, Top 2 Advance
3:00 PM Singles Pools, Round 1, Set 1..... 150 to 64, Top 4 Advance
5:30 PM Singles Pools, Round 1, Set 2 .....150 to 64, Top 4 Advance
8:30 PM Singles Pools, Round 2 .....64 to 32, Top 4 Advance
10:00 PM Top 32 Singles Bracket and Top 16 Teams Announced
11:00 PM Tournament done for the night

Sunday, October 19th
10:00 AM Breakfast Served at the venue
11:00 AM Teams Final Bracket, Top 16
2:00 PM Singles Bracket, Top 32
6:00 PM Singles Finals
7:00 PM Crew, low tier, smash 64, friendlies
11:00 PM We get kicked out

This is all estimated but it will be pretty close to our actual schedule.

Mars-

Smash Champion
:083: we will be locking the event room over night. you can leave your stuff there if you want
Lolz, that sounds really safe.

Still looking for MMs.

People I am interested in MMing(amount next to name):
Wife ($5 lets do this)
HugQ ($5)

Thats only $26, I'm still looking for more money matches vs people.

Already accepted:
ihavespaceballs ($5)
Scar($5)
Rob gambino($1)
HAT($5)
Zicore($5)
Mango($5)

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
KC tourneys usually go as long as we can until Duck and Stealth kick us out lol. Just plan on it being relatively late, it would be safe to say 10 pm or later.

I summon a Stealth post telling us when we have to be out!
lol Darkrain has it right cause we WILL be kicked out at 11 PM. no exceptions, packed and gone by 11.

Perfect Duck

Smash Journeyman
Wow. Makes me sad that ssb64 starts after I have to go.

I'm sure I can TRY and convince my parents to stay longer :)
Even a 32-man bracket can't possibly be using all of the tv's at once. There will be lots of opportunity to get friendlies/mm's in all day Sunday.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
With 32 set-ups (which will be there, otherwise the pools would fail completely and take forever), a 32-man bracket Singles takes up 16 of those set-ups. 16 TV's for friendlies/mms/whatever. Plus after each round that number is halved.
16-team bracket would only take up 8 set-ups for first round, 4 for the second, 2 for the semi-finals, and 1 for the finals.

Top Bottom