• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Etrian Nomination Mafia - Endgame: Until the Day the Adventurers Rise Again

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Given thay flip what is your take on chu?

i’m on page 8.
Everyone in the D2 lynch pool has Chu as town. Laundry and I think that they're all town. Kantrip thinks I'm scum (citation needed, can't tell if he thinks I'm scum or scummiest). Pokechu thinks that Kantrip and/or Laundry are scum.

Kantrip

Kantplay
From my perspective, and trying to be objective, I think people should logically be where Joey's at. Obviously I'm biased and it's dumb for me to argue this but I feel like the arguments that make Pokechu town apply to me too in that I wouldn't put myself in the pool as scum with these players and my attitude towards the lynch is quite complacent, logical, and unconcerned.

The tipping point for me is I think my play has shown I'm more invested in finding scum and will be a bigger asset for town if kept.

My argument fails if people still distrust me in which case I'd accept my lynch begrudgingly. But if there's even a miniscule chance that people would still distrust Pokechu then I will fight tooth and nail to see him go over me.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Wait

If I was the really obvious pick from the start

Why would the whole pool be all townies? Could they not risk putting a scum there? That's why I'm CONFIDENT there is scum

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Bleh. We've talked this to death. Waiting on Ruy to catch up. Joey's thoughts are published. Still waiting on Disfunk to plot out where his head's at because he appears to be working something out. Pokechu hasn't posted his case, but has made his views clear.

Other than that, we're chilling til other people show up.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Everyone in the D2 lynch pool has Chu as town. Laundry and I think that they're all town. Kantrip thinks I'm scum (citation needed, can't tell if he thinks I'm scum or scummiest). Pokechu thinks that Kantrip and/or Laundry are scum.
Nah I think we're all town too. You're just my least confident townread and I feel like your stance on me is a mirror of mine on you. However I think you should know I wouldn't put myself in this position if I could avoid it as scum. It's a death sentence when if I wasn't in the pool there's no way I get lynched toMorrow over the likes of soup/Z25/Ryu/Nabe.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Like Ryker and Laundry being put as the same pool as me?

Whoever made it knew I was getting lynched so why not add on some scum, get them in the pool so it's not suspect that they're not in it later

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Nah I think we're all town too. You're just my least confident townread and I feel like your stance on me is a mirror of mine on you. However I think you should know I wouldn't put myself in this position if I could avoid it as scum. It's a death sentence when if I wasn't in the pool there's no way I get lynched toMorrow over the likes of soup/Z25/Ryu/Nabe.
I'm pretty sure I've said before that while I think you COULD do it, that I find it unlikely that you would pick this hill to die on. It's foolish. Pair that with the entire page of just you and I talking at 4am and I'm fine with you, dawg. I could theoretically say my stronger townread Laundry is more likely to be scum based on nomination mechanics, but that's pretty ****ing tone deaf in my position and I refuse to bite on that WIFOM.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Z25’s reactions and posts in general seem more town motivated than scum given the heat he got and how he reacted to it.

trying to consider the situation and think about how people are posting and interacting reads like town effort to me.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Wait

If I was the really obvious pick from the start

Why would the whole pool be all townies? Could they not risk putting a scum there? That's why I'm CONFIDENT there is scum
Sorry this makes no sense. I explained how this works to you yesterday. If you don't understand it still my faith in you helping town more than I will moving forward is near zero.

I want something on why I'm scum that acknowledges my play this phase, please. I know you're on mobile but even bullet points will suffice. I'm on mobile right now too.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Like Ryker and Laundry being put as the same pool as me?

Whoever made it knew I was getting lynched so why not add on some scum, get them in the pool so it's not suspect that they're not in it later
I don't actually think people knew you'd get lynched. There's a chance conspiracy theories and tinfoil hat logic got me or Laundry lynched and I've stated I think Kantrip was a bait given my stance on him at EoD yesterday.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Z25’s reactions and posts in general seem more town motivated than scum given the heat he got and how he reacted to it.

trying to consider the situation and think about how people are posting and interacting reads like town effort to me.
Give me this read again when you get to the end.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Sorry this makes no sense. I explained how this works to you yesterday. If you don't understand it still my faith in you helping town more than I will moving forward is near zero.

I want something on why I'm scum that acknowledges my play this phase, please. I know you're on mobile but even bullet points will suffice. I'm on mobile right now too.
How does it not make sense lol

I'm saying with three good people and one bad of course chances are I was the lynch

Kantrip

Kantplay
I'm pretty sure I've said before that while I think you COULD do it, that I find it unlikely that you would pick this hill to die on. It's foolish. Pair that with the entire page of just you and I talking at 4am and I'm fine with you, dawg. I could theoretically say my stronger townread Laundry is more likely to be scum based on nomination mechanics, but that's pretty ****ing tone deaf in my position and I refuse to bite on that WIFOM.
I accept that and I'm not asking you to bump me above Laundry. I just don't think Pokechu is more townie than me considering the points in his favour can be applied to me and looking at play alone I come out squarely ahead, objectively.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Eap

I'm saying with three good people and one bad of course chances are I was the lynch
ESP so if the scum knew I wasn't going to put my full effort in like last games

Kantrip

Kantplay

You're just spouting WIFOM. Why is it "3 good and 1 bad?" Like sure scum could put one of their own in a pool with someone scummy and feel relatively safe about it, but that doesn't mean they did necessarily.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I accept that and I'm not asking you to bump me above Laundry. I just don't think Pokechu is more townie than me considering the points in his favour can be applied to me and looking at play alone I come out squarely ahead, objectively.
Sure, if you think he can and would fake the bumbling in this phase. His play is textbook scummy, I'm not disputing that. I just have a hard time believing he is a mastermind who is successfully playing me with all this strategic bumbling.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Like idk why kantrip is comparing himself to me trying to put himself above when I've put out some good stuff

Wasn't I like the first to actually throw shade and suspect Laundry?
You're just spouting WIFOM. Why is it "3 good and 1 bad?" Like sure scum could put one of their own in a pool with someone scummy and feel relatively safe about it, but that doesn't mean they did necessarily.
nothing is necessary in mafia but chances are highest there's scum in the pool now because it's safest for them.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I need to stop retreading old ground. I'm flooding the thread again and this time there's not much of a point to it.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Like I think my slot was arguably the scummiest of us 4 at the end of Day 1. I hammered a townie after waffling all Day and tunnel visioning my RVS vote. I wouldn't like it either.

I stand by the problems I had with Z25 but I admit I didn't put effort in elsewhere where I should have.

With this in mind, I'm self aware enough to keep myself out of the pool toDay knowing I'd be at risk, so I won't accept any argument that hinges on me being scum banking on Pokechu getting lynched over me.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Like I think my slot was arguably the scummiest of us 4 at the end of Day 1. I hammered a townie after waffling all Day and tunnel visioning my RVS vote. I wouldn't like it either.

I stand by the problems I had with Z25 but I admit I didn't put effort in elsewhere where I should have.

With this in mind, I'm self aware enough to keep myself out of the pool toDay knowing I'd be at risk, so I won't accept any argument that hinges on me being scum banking on Pokechu getting lynched over me.
That last paragraph

You're saying that scum kantrip wouldn't have put himself in the pool??

But didn't you say earlier that that's exactly something scum kantrip would have done???

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
That last paragraph

You're saying that scum kantrip wouldn't have put himself in the pool??

But didn't you say earlier that that's exactly something scum kantrip would have done???
Do y'all hear sumn??

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Explain

Or else I pull out the Ace Attorney music and junk

Kantrip

Kantplay
Yes I would feel confident that I could live over you as scum. No I wouldn't do it just to flex my skills as it's a huge unnecessary risk when I'd be coming into the pool as public enemy number 1.

The context of that quote is me telling Ryker not to discount my perception of my ability to play scum. That said, it's different from trying to argue I actually did that because it's still a very skewed risk reward ratio that just isn't worth taking.

Kantrip

Kantplay
I still want to hear your points for why I'm scum which you claimed prior to this contradiction you think youve caught.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
I'm not on a computer... yet

Will be on one really soon

I gotta flex these muscles over a keyboard and all your receipts

Kantrip

Kantplay
-sigh-

By all means, flex away. I still think you're town but I'll be miffed if you live toDay and then continue to play like you have been.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
-sigh-

By all means, flex away. I still think you're town but I'll be miffed if you live toDay and then continue to play like you have been.
Ever since last night I've been playing GOOD

I haven't felt this way in a WHILE!!! What Chu mean???! No pun intended LOL

Kantrip

Kantplay
I've had to explain the barebone basics of this setup to you twice now, you came in at deadline to contribute to a townie's lynch, and the half of your posts that aren't ****posting are still joke-toned statements without substantiation. Only now when you are about to be lynched as a perceived "lesser-of-evils" mislynch do you decide you'd rather live and you're suddenly confident that one of the nominees must be scum off of WIFOM speculation rather than any assessment of our individual play.

So no, I don't think you've been "playing GOOD," but go off.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
I've had to explain the barebone basics of this setup to you twice now, you came in at deadline to contribute to a townie's lynch, and the half of your posts that aren't ****posting are still joke-toned statements without substantiation. Only now when you are about to be lynched as a perceived "lesser-of-evils" mislynch do you decide you'd rather live and you're suddenly confident that one of the nominees must be scum off of WIFOM speculation rather than any assessment of our individual play.

So no, I don't think you've been "playing GOOD," but go off.
You only explained it to me once and just told me a valid observation I made made no sense

I'll knock ur junk kantrip if you spew more stuff like this

Top Bottom