• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Etrian Nomination Mafia - Endgame: Until the Day the Adventurers Rise Again

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
I'm not lynching off of mechanical bs. If I was, I'd be voting Laundry or Ryker because mechanically those are the only two that make sense putting themselves in this pool. Alternatively, this is the only shot we'd realistically have at lynching Ryker and the fact that we're actually doubting Laundry because of this says more than enough to me. The fact that we're auto-clearing you and Kantrip also says a lot. It's just too deep of a pool to try to pull a lynch with mechanical theory. It'll go in circles until we lynch one of our strong town players just because we're scared.

Pokechu, while your AtE made you obvious town and your reads were contributions, to say you've contributed more than anyone else in the pool would be completely incorect. Trying to pull mechanical reasoning to get a lynch on someone else isn't helping either. It's just showing that you're going to rely on this later and probably lose us the game if we keep you over the stronger contributing players that are coming across to be just as townie as you are.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
I agree that soup's wagon diverting looks too blatant to be partner defense, but I wouldn't completely discount the possibility. There's been a recent trend of wagons that gain steam ending up going all the way in an HBC reminiscent fashion that is aided by the short deadlines everyone likes around here. It is possible soup tried to discredit a Z25 push early and something still rubs me the wrong way about his insistence that he wasn't calling Z25 town where I think in the scenario where soup is scum and Z25 is town soup would feel more comfortable throwing out a townread as justification for defending Z25. By saying he sees the scumminess he covers his bases if Z25 does end up getting lynched and flipping scum. The whole "mislynch waiting to happen" and "I never said I townread him" combination just doesn't sit right with me.
I believe in the idea of choosing best lynch for town even if that person is doing something that is scummy, because if it isn't clear by now mislynches are a thing that exists and really I want to avoid them even if it seems contradicating. Does that make sense? It's like I said before in that I understood why people thought Z25 was scummy but I was really battling the idea if he was just too obvious therefore I was reading too hard into someone that is inexperienced, but as time went on I've gone back on this as players have improved in their content and posting. I don't believe I deserve such ire for having a change of heart.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
I'm not trying to say I contributed more than Kan

I'm just saying I didn't like how he came off with trying to impose I've done virtually nothing

#HBC | ѕoup

Oh and, I honestly want to lynch Laundry for complete crackhead reasons but none of you will do it

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
But it's whatever

The computer I'm at doesn't have wifi that works anyways so I'll just quit posting

#HBC | ѕoup

3K>Z25>Nabe is my pool for toMorrow. Do I have anything to sell on Kantrip? That I don't really know, is Kantrip confident and egotistic enough to nominate himself like that? Certainly ****ing Pokechu wouldn't lmao

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
The end of day 1 is wierd, Mostky how Ryker is jumping around but my gut feeling if I see it is that it seems like he had trouble finding a good option that would help with info and be a good find for scum.

But the wierdness is in the choices of fire and third, since the info provided on both would be limited.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
I know I'm busting your balls here but you've given me ****all to work with and read your slot. My read of you is entirely based in how you're positioned within the thread and has little to do with stuff you've actually done. You keep throwing out these stances but leave them completely unsubstantiated and rarely ever pursue them. If you want to live, fight to do it. The fact that you haven't and Kantrip has is entirely why people are consolidating onto you rather than him.

:186:

Kantrip

Kantplay
Oh and, I honestly want to lynch Laundry for complete crackhead reasons but none of you will do it
Do you still scumread me?

Also I respect and acknowledge your response to me but won't comment on it at the moment both because it's not relevant to our objective for this stretch to deadline and also because it doesn't change anything for me without rereading again.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
3K>Z25>Nabe is my pool for toMorrow. Do I have anything to sell on Kantrip? That I don't really know, is Kantrip confident and egotistic enough to nominate himself like that? Certainly ****ing Pokechu wouldn't lmao
Has Funko's posting done nothing for your read on him?

#HBC | ѕoup

Do you still scumread me?

Also I respect and acknowledge your response to me but won't comment on it at the moment both because it's not relevant to our objective for this stretch to deadline and also because it doesn't change anything for me without rereading again.
Are you egotistic and confident enough to nominate yourself? Laundry's theory about this all being town could be right but it also is possible TMI that my curious self is willing to test, but apparently Laundry is pretty town to the rest of you and well, my feelings have evaporated on this

Has Funko's posting done nothing for your read on him?

Honestly, no. Maybe I got a case of the tunnel vision but how 3K played and acted is so much more damning than anything Disfunk has done.

Kantrip

Kantplay
On an unrelated note, Pokechu, don't take any of this personally. I think you're a valuable asset to town when you want to be and your reads have been impressively accurate in the past from what I've seen. I don't want to come off wrong and hurt your feelings outside this game but I feel strongly about what you and I have contributed and will contribute to this game from my perspective where both of us are town.

#HBC | ѕoup

I'm so confident 3K/Disfunk will flip scum I am willing to die if I'm wrong, because the chase is all exciting for me and I think you'd all stop being paranoid about me afterwards either through lynching me and seeing I am town or praising me for such a good ass read

OR MAYBE IM JUST ****ING ********.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Highly abrasive, that attitude should be removed regardless of his alignment, but he wants to cap on other players while not providing anything himself or even really make an attempt to contribute
Shi didn’t really expand on anything I agree, but you kinda dipped yourself and this isn’t really a tell for shi.

which I bring this up despite the flip due to the fact i ask this. He’s done this at least on two others games i’ve seen you two play in. What make this one different?

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
I'm so confident 3K/Disfunk will flip scum I am willing to die if I'm wrong, because the chase is all exciting for me and I think you'd all stop being paranoid about me afterwards either through lynching me and seeing I am town or praising me for such a good *** read

OR MAYBE IM JUST ****ING ********.

Kantrip

Kantplay
I still don't understand what 3K did that's making soup tunnel him. His reads feel oddly fixed and I don't like it.

Similarly his read on me has remained static evidently where he looks at his former stance, says "is this position still logically possible?", and then holds it. Like the argument that both him and Pokechu are clinging to is that I would potentially have the guts to nominate myself as scum but I haven't seen a genuine effort from either of them to actually consider my play.

#HBC | ѕoup

I still don't understand what 3K did that's making soup tunnel him. His reads feel oddly fixed and I don't like it.
He started off the game with a completely awkward footnote saying how much he hated RVS and then didn't participate in trying to get out of RVS at all, and when he came back he tried to credit himself by his useless post in the beginning as the reason we got out of RVS. The rest of his time was apologetically speaking on the behalf of his disinterest following a bunch of half-hearted responses and absolutely nothing that came to conclusion, including contradictions in which he said that he would shoot me but also complimented like...two posts after. If you don't see why I think he's scum from reading this paragraph alone I'm frankly dissapointed.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Man the knowledge that no one will ever die except from lynch frickin sucks.

Question marks won't become clear unless we do something about them, and slots we get paranoid about will just stick around and no night kills will help our paranoia.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Yeh I never got the gist of it in the moment and Funko's posts have made me feel better about the slot. I don't have him in the scumpool atm.

Similarly his read on me has remained static evidently where he looks at his former stance, says "is this position still logically possible?", and then holds it. Like the argument that both him and Pokechu are clinging to is that I would potentially have the guts to nominate myself as scum but I haven't seen a genuine effort from either of them to actually consider my play.
Or that I'm somehow scum but neither of them has the balls to go for it.

#HBC | ѕoup

3K was being awkward, contradictive, spent most of his time apologizing for things he didn't do, and then replaced out. There was no grit to his postings and when he tried to adapt it fell flat on his face because he felt the need to exaggerate his behavior much like awkward scum do, and this really is the centerpiece of why he's scum. Disfunk's posts are serviceable at best

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Man the knowledge that no one will ever die except from lynch frickin sucks.

Question marks won't become clear unless we do something about them, and slots we get paranoid about will just stick around and no night kills will help our paranoia.
To be fair, in a normal game mafia's not shooting the question marks anyway. We'd have to deal with them regardless of the game. The thing that sucks is lynching townreads. This phase has felt so unproductive because I don't think there's mafia in the pool and those not in the pool have taken a rain check on the phase it seems.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
If I am reading the first page right, can’t mafia just select all 3, or in this case or is 4? To be town or themselves in a lynch pool. Now I get it, ruy didn’t read the set-up before offering to join lol.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
To be fair, in a normal game mafia's not shooting the question marks anyway. We'd have to deal with them regardless of the game. The thing that sucks is lynching townreads. This phase has felt so unproductive because I don't think there's mafia in the pool and those not in the pool have taken a rain check on the phase it seems.

Louder for the people in the back

Kantrip

Kantplay
Only even-numbered phases use nominations. Odd-numbered phases are regular Day phases, and they alternate such that nominations simulate scum's NK.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719

THIS PHASE HAS FELT SO UNPRODUCTIVE BECAUSE I DON'T THINK THERE'S MAFIA IN THE POOL AND THOSE NOT IN THE POOL HAVE TAKEN A RAIN CHECK ON THE PHASE.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I’m questioning Pokechu scum with that pool on day 2, it’s too easy to get a lynch with that pool unless someone could push it on kantrip or Ryker

#HBC | ѕoup

I'll be here in 24 hours to tunnel 3K/Disfunk into the ground, I know all of you love unnecessarily long walls to explain every minute detail instead of just understanding the usage of adjectives to accentuate behavior without wasting everyone's time and smashboards bandwidth but hey that just be how it is sometimes

Kantrip

Kantplay

What I mean to say is in a regular game a slot like yours would likely be Night Killed if you were town because you pose a threat to scum by driving discussion etc. You staying alive in that case would introduce uncertainty and paranoia about why your slot is still alive, whereas in this setup that paranoia is a given for every single slot because scum doesn't have the power to kill off threats to them.

Essentially scum is incentivized in this setup to be as townie as possible with no fear of looking "too townie" which would ordinarily raise suspicions on why they aren't being killed off.

But yes you're right that question marks are a problem no matter what and it's on town to be accurate and confident in our reads.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
i still hate pokechu’s posts on page 16

kantrip and ryker not aligned btw off this page.

it just seems like the obvious pick, of scum choose him to go in, he’s the easy fall on guy for this pool. That’s is what’s driving me to rethink the lynch here.

The Pokechu plays in most games makes me read him as scum but the situation of him being thrown into the pool is my main point of contention for him being scum.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Granted both in the same pool should be a giveaway they are not aligned.

gut read and thinking is that I want to lynch in Nabe/dis tomorrow for a closer look to get heat on their feet.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Ryker votes interest me, mostky since I want to understand where this is coming from and started on page 17.

Are people just not as confident in poke scum or all 4 being or something else. I want to see more justification later hopefully.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
I feel uneasy about the unanimous decision that everyone in the nomination pool is town. It feels way too easy to come to this shared conclusion which is making me feel that scum does have someone in the mix. My gut tells me it's Ryker but I have nothing hard to support that and I won't bore you all with wine. I doubling down on my earlier statement that Pokechu is the smallest lost if we have to sustain a loss this phase.

On an unrelated note, Pokechu, don't take any of this personally. I think you're a valuable asset to town when you want to be and your reads have been impressively accurate in the past from what I've seen. I don't want to come off wrong and hurt your feelings outside this game but I feel strongly about what you and I have contributed and will contribute to this game from my perspective where both of us are town.
I want to emphasize this Pokechu Pokechu
I'll be here in 24 hours to tunnel 3K/Disfunk into the ground, I know all of you love unnecessarily long walls to explain every minute detail instead of just understanding the usage of adjectives to accentuate behavior without wasting everyone's time and smashboards bandwidth but hey that just be how it is sometimes
If you pressure me, I will replace out. Seriously though, if it makes you feel any better, I have a strong bias against TTK's playstyle. I realized that last game he was in and re-confirmed this game as well. I always read him as scum for reasons similar to you.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Still want to lynch Pokechu of the 4 given I got nothing to work with In recent posts where I can’t read into it when it’s contributing nothing to the table.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
What's the vote count? I don't want to hammer if some folks are still processing but I also don't want to finish this phase without voting.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
My big concern long game despite that being my preferred direction is that it feels way too easy if a choice, which is why my eyes turn to those outside of the pool.

even more so when I have doubts Ryker is in a scum team with Laundry or Kantrip given his interactions with them. And I don’t see much to make me think scum in those 3 right now.

Top Bottom