• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ESAM's ZP Monthly tournaments 12/11/10 Dastrn's Will

Status
Not open for further replies.

8Bitman

Smash Master
i live like 10-20 minutes from thar.. i think.. but still i hate living far from miami cuz thats where the main SFL bizrawl scene iz. =(

Two-Ell

Smash Master
Yeah, I dunno about Seibrik(dunno what city he's in) but I'm not that far from you and DFEAR. It takes me the same amount of time as you two to get to the venue lol.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Singles will probably end around 9:30-10, assuming around 30 people. If less, it'll end around 9, and GF normally lasts at least 30 minutes or around that. I think we could end it potentially at 8:30, but people would have to be really willing to play their matches as soon as possible.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
ATTENTION SMASHERS! IF YOU GET CALLED FOR A TOURNAMENT MATCH AND DON'T REPORT IN 10 MINUTES, YOU WILL BE DQ'D FROM THE SET I DON'T CARE IF YOUR FRIEND IS PLAYING AND YOU WANT TO WATCH, YOU WILL BE DISQUALIFIED! IF YOU TAKE IT UPON YOURSELF TO START YOUR MATCH WHEN I HAVE NOT CALLED IT BECAUSE YOU LOOKED AT THE BRACKET AND SAW WHO YOU HAD TO PLAY, THE MATCH WILL NOT COUNT. PLEASE DON'T DO THIS SO THIS TOURNAMENT CAN RUN SMOOTHLY SO THAT PEOPLE WITH TIME DEADLINES (Afro) CAN LEAVE BY 8:30 WITHOUT ANY PROBLEMS!

Thank you

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
ATTENTION SMASHERS! IF YOU GET CALLED FOR A TOURNAMENT MATCH AND DON'T REPORT IN 10 MINUTES, YOU WILL BE DQ'D FROM THE SET I DON'T CARE IF YOUR FRIEND IS PLAYING AND YOU WANT TO WATCH, YOU WILL BE DISQUALIFIED! IF YOU TAKE IT UPON YOURSELF TO START YOUR MATCH WHEN I HAVE NOT CALLED IT BECAUSE YOU LOOKED AT THE BRACKET AND SAW WHO YOU HAD TO PLAY, THE MATCH WILL NOT COUNT. PLEASE DON'T DO THIS SO THIS TOURNAMENT CAN RUN SMOOTHLY SO THAT PEOPLE WITH TIME DEADLINES (Afro) CAN LEAVE BY 8:30 WITHOUT ANY PROBLEMS!

Thank you
Quoting because I got new paged...

AfroQT

Smash Master
Ty very much ESAM, i think i'll play Pokemon Yellow today.

[X] Credit is Due
[X] Credit Earned

You deserve credit man.

KAB1

Smash Apprentice
Hey can I ask a quick question? I might go to this but I always lose right away and thus don't get any practice. I've been told to play "friendlies" but people at ZP are always already playing someone. Thus there's no one I can play. Can someone give me advice on how to get these "friendlies" so I can make the most out of my tournament experience? I just don't get what to do. Thanks!

Two-Ell

Smash Master
well KAB you gotta be a bit assertive on trying to get some play time in. People don't purposely try to keep you out of games, but TVs get occupied fast. When you see some people playing for a really long time kindly ask if you could play one of them or join in. People don't have the right to just take over stations and not give others a chance to play. At the same time you have to make sure you're heard by people, or move fast when you see spots open.

8Bitman

Smash Master
I concure. It helps to yell aswell and when they say "after the set", you say no and shut off the wii and take their controller, throw it on the ground, stomp on it and say "DONCHU EVA TELL ME TO WAIT AGAIN!!!"

XD

Masky

Smash Master
Just go up to a TV where people are playing friendlies and say "I've got next"

Failing that you could just bring your own setup, you can play on it as much as you want if it's yours lol

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
If people are giving you a hard time about letting you play friendlies, tell me and I'll get you on :D

GUYS I NEED WIIS! BRING WIIIIIIIIIIIS

LoliLovesRain

Smash Master
i'll bring my wii...still going in costume tho just because i wanna try on this wig like out :3 and...Kab just call next =/ who cares if they are already playing xD it's k if u has problems ill get u on a wii as well ^_^ Im MEAN grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr ......-looksaround- 8bit...ur advice was terrible lol

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Hey can I ask a quick question? I might go to this but I always lose right away and thus don't get any practice. I've been told to play "friendlies" but people at ZP are always already playing someone. Thus there's no one I can play. Can someone give me advice on how to get these "friendlies" so I can make the most out of my tournament experience? I just don't get what to do. Thanks!
VVVVVVVVVVVV is the best advice here.

Just go up to a TV where people are playing friendlies and say "I've got next"

Failing that you could just bring your own setup, you can play on it as much as you want if it's yours lol

LoliLovesRain

Smash Master
Bring WII's!!!!!! we need 2 more!!!! Also, if you are called for a match you have 10 minutes before you are DQ'd. I repeat TEN minutes before you are DQ'd.

:) there xD helping you out since it wasn't on the page anymore i don't think xD

LoliLovesRain

Smash Master
xD Wow this tourney is going to have sooo many wiis :3 Well like they say the more the merrier but don't forget if the amount of wiis exceeds what we need then yours would just be extra xD

Two-Ell

Smash Master
I'm bringing my N64 Serg so yeah, but you need to bring a controller since I dunno if anyone else is bringing extras. Mine are no good lol.

Bring N64 Controllers everyone for Pokémon Puzzle League and Diddy Kong Racing!~

I don't know if anyone wants to bother with Pokémon Stadium haha.

Hopefully there'll be a TV free D:

:rosalina:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom