• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Epita Smash Arena 3 - April 11&12, 2009 - Paris, France - Melee !

Zephynazo

Zobaia -Deus- Ariana
That was old ****, u try and take "care" of the beast from Sweden know, then talk =P

EDIT: Gratz to Armada and Aniolas! ****, u guys ****!

Ryuker

Smash Lord
Just got back with the train. Had a lot of fun this tourney. I'll write a short write up of how I think the event went later but I'm happy it went a lot better then last year ^^.

I wanna apologise for increasing the time singles took. It's probably my fault cause there were so many matches in losers that wanted to be recorded. Considering I had only 1 set up ( and didn't plan on recording anything my self at this tourney before I went to epita) you can imagine the tourney runs late because of this.

But while the tourney had to go on I also had to consider that all the matches that I recorded were the top of each of there country's and considering those face offs are very rare these days I recorded most of them.

As far as I'm concerned though this was the last time that I record a big event like this with only 1 set up.

Now I have lot's of vids to cut, encode and I'm starting a big time consuming group project at school as well.
So AJP please contact me on msn cause I gotta find a fast way to get these vids out ^^.

PS: As a special treat I tried recording the crowd reactions as seperate files this time. Dunno yet how I'm gonna sync them with the vids but I'll try later ^^. If anyone wants to take a stab at that though I'll upload the complete folder on filefront soon ^^.

So time for a shower and food now ^^.

strawhats

Smash Master
Armada is like the mango of Europe. Using a floaty to **** everyone including the former best player in Europe.

Tonb3rry

Smash Ace
Armada is like the mango of Europe. Using a floaty to **** everyone including the former best player in Europe.
Yeah, but Armada's character has no rest, therefore he's using the good old way of winning: by using comboes and mindgames. :)

a lot of people are missing in the results.. what happened to Remen, CalleW, JD, Cash mooney, etc.?
First of all: Neither Calle W nor JD attended this tourney. As for Cash Mooney, he lost against Strawhat and Aniolas. And Remen goth 17th place by losing to Adam and Porc =p

Full singes results:
1: Armada
2: Amsah
3: Strawhat Dahean
4: Zgetto
5: Iñf
5: Inevitable
7: Poilon
7: Makenshi
9: Overtriforce
9: K-12
9: kJaB
9: Ice
13: Waxon
13: porc
13: Faab
13: Baxon
17: Wii Lee
17: Yomi-no-Kuni
17: Cyril
17: Remen
17: Qlex
17: Urulok
17: Agony
17: ClemJ
25: Tero
25: Doraki
25: CM
25: kyoichi
25: peyudosmith
25: Aniolas
25: Ryuker
25: salepate
33: CBT+
33: Aether
33: LGuy
33: 4ever
33: Boo
33: Mrik
33: Daisuki
33: Ashura
33: M.
33: Jin
33: bGin
33: Cash Mooney
33: Hikotsu
33: Venom
33: Slhoka
33: J0hn
49: Genius
49: Makkura
49: Odaril
49: Ksta
49: Raw!
49: Miko
49: Hectortugo
49: bossofsmash
49: Lal Tsuna
49: Hiryuu
49: Jontro
49: Gorn
49: Mass
49: Plinci
49: Over
49: Kurogane

Qlex

Smash Cadet
Correction : Remen lost to porc in the losers bracket.

Shoutouts to come.

Slhoka

Smash Lord
I wanna apologise for increasing the time singles took. It's probably my fault cause there were so many matches in losers that wanted to be recorded. Considering I had only 1 set up ( and didn't plan on recording anything my self at this tourney before I went to epita) you can imagine the tourney runs late because of this.
I don't even how you can apologize for recording better videos than we could have had. You really helped us, even though everyone wanted to play on this TV. I'm really thanksful toward you and I can't understand how you can think you should apologize.

I'll post my point of view about this tournament as well as shoutouts when I'll have time (that is to say when I won't have anyone at my place anymore =p ).

wisl

Smash Journeyman
yup, no esa3 videos would have been sad. thanks ryuker.

so the usual: characters for top 8 singles and top 4 teams, please:

Singles:
1. Armada
2. Amsah
3. Strawhat (crazy spanish guy o_O, GJ!)
4. Zgetto
5. Adam
5. Infernum
7. Makenshi
7. Poilon

Teams:
1. Armada & Aniolas
2. Strawhat & Over
3. Amsah & Adam
4. Ice & Remen

edit: oh and is waxon french?

Qlex

Smash Cadet
He sure is! He made some crazy results considering he hadn't been playing smash for a long time at the moment.

Ryuker

Smash Lord
Right so first the audio of the crowd reactions just to tease you guys a bit ^^:
http://files.filefront.com/esa3+crowdreactionrar/;13593708;/fileinfo.html

I don't even how you can apologize for recording better videos than we could have had. You really helped us, even though everyone wanted to play on this TV. I'm really thanksful toward you and I can't understand how you can think you should apologize.
Thanks Slhoka. I really appreciate that ^^

Infernum

Smash Apprentice
Thx Ryuker for this (and for the videos)

1. Armada Peach
2. Amsah Sheik and Marth + Falco during finals
3. Strawhat (crazy spanish guy o_O, GJ!) Marth + Sheik
4. Zgetto Fox + Falco
5. Adam Sheik + Marth dunno about Falco
5. Infernum Jigglypuff
7. Makenshi Marth
7. Poilon Fox + Marth + Falco

I really played like a noob against Marths, but no johns. Oh, and to all Fox players, stop spamming lasers or change your main >_>.

Aldwyn McCloud

Smash Ace
I played Ness and didn't make it through pools.
too bad me and Dax just made up a theory according to which Ness is top tier, so no johns please :p

Thx Ryuker for this (and for the videos)

I really played like a noob against Marths, but no johns. Oh, and to all Fox players, stop spamming lasers or change your main >_>.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJ8l-XQQ1Yg

^

if I had done like that, I'd have taken SMACK. I just had too much mercy.

Smasher89

Smash Lord
too bad me and Dax just made up a theory according to which Ness is top tier, so no johns please :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJ8l-XQQ1Yg

^

if I had done like that, I'd have taken SMACK. I just had too much mercy.
Lol, teh_spamerer surely knows his playstyle well, waiting=win for him, I wonder who would win of him and Hiko ...(Is plainkk playing like that in SSBM too?)

EDIT: Infernum- you know that´s the strategy everyone likes too use against puff for a reason, it counters the way alot of puffplayers play which is waiting for restoppoturnity:p

Slhoka

Smash Lord
Teams:
1. Armada (Peach/Fox) & Aniolas (Sheik)
2. Strawhat (Jigglypuff) & Over (Sheik)
3. Amsah & Adam (Double Sheik)
4. Ice (Falcon/Sheik) & Remen (Fox)

Slhoka

Smash Lord
Amsah adam were more fox/sheik then sheik sheik
Oh, my bad.

By the way, here's a pack of pictures taken by CM during the tournament. Those are heavy files (4-5 Mos/picture), but I think those are very good pictures =)

Edit : oh crap, I forgot that the upload isn't over yet. I'll add the link later.

Here it is : http://www.megaupload.com/?d=3I6LML3S

As for the results thread, I'll post it as soon as the complete results will be on All is Brawl.

soap

Smash Hero
r u rusty amsah? or was armada just playing lights out?

he didn't lose a single match... that's pretty ridiculous

strawhats

Smash Master
Don't worry amsah m2k also knows how it feels to be beaten and not be called the best anymore.

Armada to you is like mango to m2k

Catharsis

Smash Apprentice
Teams' results (in Spanish, but you can understand it, i think)

1os Aniolas+Armada
2os Dahean+Over
3os Amsah+Adam
4os Remen+Ice
5os Infernum+Poilon
5os Faab+Zgetto
7os ROYALTY DUO (M+Peyudosmith)
7os kJaB+Baxon
9os Makenshi+Waxon
9os Uru+K-12
9os Yomi-no-kuni+Tero
(otros novenos más que no sé)
13os Ksta+Daisuki
(aquí paro)

strawhats

Smash Master
If I may be so bold to make an analogy b/w. amsah and armada and tennis. Armada and mango are the new kings of Europe and U.S. (Raphael nadal) while m2k and Amsah are the old kings (roger federer).

pheX

Smash Apprentice
Wooow Armada really is a beast. Saw him playing @ smack and I was just like WTF.
Congrats to the german players, especially makkura for making 9th in teams. Good job!

Aldwyn McCloud

Smash Ace
If I may be so bold to make an analogy b/w. amsah and armada and tennis. Armada and mango are the new kings of Europe and U.S. (Raphael nadal) while m2k and Amsah are the old kings (roger federer).
I might as well make an analogy with death note then..

The main character outwits his smart rival only to be screwed by a young kid some years later.

Near > Light > L

Armada > Amsah > Ek

Top Bottom