• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Epita Smash Arena 3 - April 11&12, 2009 - Paris, France - Melee !

strawhats

Smash Master
mango>m2k>ken

1 hokage: ken

2 hokage: m2k

3 hokage: mango

4 hokage: ? (most likely dashizwiz)

Aldwyn McCloud

Smash Ace
Strawhat here.

This is not the reason, the main reason is because I train like 2 or 3 hours per day alone in my room.
Is training alone THAT useful? I used to train with CP as well, but it doesn't seem to benefit me THAT much nowadays..

Also, this tournament definitely needs a results thread.

Zephynazo

Zobaia -Deus- Ariana
Surprised me as well Ache O_o He like told me, hey, I just registered on Smashboards today. And when i see his account, it says join date 2006. I was like "wtf"? xD

Neasala

Smash Rookie
Ache, lets smash at friday or saturday, this weekend :)

Anyways on topic : GJ, winning teams armada/anioals :p

Luffy Dahean

Smash Apprentice
Do you guys have the winners semifinals? Me + Over VS Amsah + Adam (we fought two times, winners semifinals and loser finals).

Luffy Dahean

Smash Apprentice
It doesnt matter that much, as I said, I dont want a discussion. I feel bad for my opponents, he called Makenshi and Infernum "easy" (and ClemJ, who was in the ESA finals). Then I had to play Armada and Amsah.

I wanted to fight Adam and Zgetto in tournament, maybe next time ^^'

Samochan

Smash Master
It doesnt matter that much, as I said, I dont want a discussion. I feel bad for my opponents, he called Makenshi and Infernum "easy" (and ClemJ, who was in the ESA finals). Then I had to play Armada and Amsah.
Lol remen's being a very very sore loser. Makenshi was top 6 on esa2 and top 8 on esa3 lol and had just beaten zgetto before facing Strawhat *cough zgetto's smack success cough*. Infernum beat adam, against whom remen coincidentally lost to. Then straw got matches from armada, with marth I might add, a feat no one in europe has managed to do on tournament match as of yet besides him and the retired marf master Ek. So yea, remen doesn't have any room to john here.

Please continue with the discussion. =)

Zephynazo

Zobaia -Deus- Ariana
Geez, how can u be so serious Ache? I was just joking. And im pretty sure Remen meant it as a little joke as well.

U gotta love the smashboards... >_>

Luffy Dahean

Smash Apprentice
Oh, he didnt say anything in person, I just though that Remen said my bracket was easy because I didnt have good opponents, he never really said "Your bracket was easy".

Nizro

Smash Journeyman
Europe hasn't seen a unique Marth in ages, Ek being one of a kind and the only one that actually competes well with him when he wants to..(he sometimes show up, and if he wants to win, he'll put up one hell of a fight.. like on smail)

Marth is the underdog in Europe..

Nizro

Smash Journeyman
Nirzo, so is Falcon, IC and Samus...
Falcon is pretty demanding of a character.. you have to be creative, fast and fearless..
But once you mess up with C.Falcon you're done for.. Lose your cool equals a match..
Most, if not all players actually play C.Falcon as a "lol" character but never play him in a serious way.. meanwhile, Marth is played in a serious way but still doesn't perform aswell as the rest of top 3.. (Fox, Falco, Shiek)

But really, Europe is a Fox/Falco paradise.

Aldwyn McCloud

Smash Ace
Falcon is pretty demanding of a character.. you have to be creative, fast and fearless..
But once you mess up with C.Falcon you're done for.. Lose your cool equals a match..
Most, if not all players actually play C.Falcon as a "lol" character but never play him in a serious way.. meanwhile, Marth is played in a serious way but still doesn't perform aswell as the rest of top 3.. (Fox, Falco, Shiek)

But really, Europe is a Fox/Falco paradise.
Europe isn't a Fox/Falco paradise. It's just that Sheik and Fox aren't as broken as in NTSC and therefore don't have the same edge on the other characters. Marth is still owning as usual and considering that he only loses his spike in moving to PAL version, I'm pretty sure he is supposed to be Europe's top tier (I'm convinced that European Marth players do not exploit their character well enough.. perhaps Marth doesn't fit the European way of playing smash?). Falco, Peach and C.Falcon benefit Sheik and Fox's nerf and therefore perform better.

Nizro

Smash Journeyman
The Marth players that still go for the Ken combo will not advance far enough to get to the "top"..
Marth is owning yes, but as long as players watch people like "Ken, m2k" they'll try to play the same and therefore not really get that little extra that put you forth if you get what I mean.

PAL is pretty balanced compared to NTSC.
Oh well, Marth players... GET BUSY.. BUST A MOVE!
(last post offtopic)

wisl

Smash Journeyman
maybe this will help with what you guys are talking about. these numbers don't have godlike accuracy, but still:

Char. (+tier) | Points | (# used in top 8)

1:
Fox (3).......| 78 | (24)
2:
Falco (2).....| 67,5 | (24,5)
3:
Marth (4)....| 50,5 | (20,5)
4:
Sheik (1)....| 45 | (17)
5:
Peach (5)...| 39,5 | (13)
6:
CF (6)........| 18,5 | (7)