• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Epita Smash Arena 2 - Results and shoutouts

Mr P

Smash Ace
I just looked at the pools results on the website and 4Ever put down that he beat me 2-0 and that AE beat me 2-0 this is a downright lie. i WON from 4Ever 2-0 and lost only 2-1 to AE. What a ****ing ******* i cannot believe anyone could do such a thing.

Samochan

Smash Master
I just looked at the pools results on the website and 4Ever put down that he beat me 2-0 and that AE beat me 2-0 this is a downright lie. i WON from 4Ever 2-0 and lost only 2-1 to AE. What a ****ing ******* i cannot believe anyone could do such a thing.
This is why you should always check your results after your matches and put em down yourself. -__- (not to frown at you mr P, more like frown to those that do such thing)

This is just stupid people... how low...

Albeit it could've been an honest mistake, cause the pool paper wasn't so nicely done and even baxon ehre made a mistake, so I had to manage my pool and fix it. >_> Pools are one of the easiest things to actually put onto paper, but somehow the pool papers were still very awkwardly done and hard to actually look your scores from unless you were at the top of the list.

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
IMO the papers were clear enough and every pool had a leader appointed for a reason... Considering that, you can't expect people to check the paper all the time. I'm personally always on top of everything (you know you like it, Faab), but something like that could have happened to me as well. I don't know what went wrong with that 4Ever guy, but it seems really fishy to me. If he didn't do it on purpose, he or the one who put it down is a ****ing idiot.

Poilon

Smash Cadet
for housing, it's JD's fault, because some people have just DESTROY and make a real NOISE in his house.... and his father was angry because the man next door was angry ....
I'm really sry about that ...

you know what is 233 players ? 233 ?? just try to have housing for 100 persons in paris for free, it's crazy. We really tried to do our best. In my really small flat we were 15. If the brackets was on sunday, it's because a lot of people ask me this ! And everybody said that it was better at this moment. After that, if it wasn't best of 1 for the begining of bracket of teams, we could have not enough time to finish it .... I know that it's unfair, but i can't do anything. Just think a little, I think JD housing could be better, but the rest can't. We were really unlucky, and i'm sry about that, but we really do our best ... i didn't slept during 3 days, slhoka too, we really tried to do our best.

Now it's the end, and i just want to sleep.

(thanx for the 80 euros again?)

Kone

Smash Master
Ill tell you why all these tournaments fail . . . . lack of bloody communication. We all dont speak the same language. Hence, why problems happen and time management is difficult and people don't know where their staying etc

Ive got two ideas:

1. UK should run a big European tournament and show how its done. As English is our mother tongue we will make sure communications are amazing

----OR----

2. All you god**** europeans need to step it up and learn to speak ****ing english properly. Its really irritating when a conversation lasts longer than it should or you just dont make any sense/speak like your a five yr old.(poilon)

Just a few points to think about.

Kriz

Smash Cadet
No offence, but I think it's only the French and the Spanish who don't speak English that well. (Of course, there are exceptions.)

Shout-outs will come later :)

Hack

Smash Journeyman
Ill tell you why all these tournaments fail . . . . lack of bloody communication. We all dont speak the same language. Hence, why problems happen and time management is difficult and people don't know where their staying etc

Ive got two ideas:

1. UK should run a big European tournament and show how its done. As English is our mother tongue we will make sure communications are amazing

----OR----

2. All you god**** europeans need to step it up and learn to speak ****ing english properly. Its really irritating when a conversation lasts longer than it should or you just dont make any sense/speak like your a five yr old.(poilon)

Just a few points to think about.
Ehrm...
I don't have anything personal against you Kone, or any englishmen for that matter, and I know how dissappointing and totally ****ed up ESA2 was, but swearing all the time, making offensive personal comments and insulting people for their ignorance of english doesn't really make you stand out like the most well-educated people in Europe.
I don't think they can decide how much english their schools will teach, or at what level. As for TV-shows/movies, they are mostly dubbed. Please don't contribute to the ignorance you're preaching against.

Yomi-no-Kuni

Smash Lord
lol Kone

how about you learn a second language so you can communicate in that language? xD
btw. italian ppl. cant speak english either (many don't... the good ones can though)

Slhoka

Smash Lord
Ehrm...
I don't have anything personal against you Kone, or any englishmen for that matter, and I know how dissappoining and totally ****ed up ESA2 was, but swearing all the time, making offensive personal comments and insulting people for their ignorance of english doesn't really make you stand out like the most well-educated people in Europe.
I don't think they can decide how much english their schools will teach, or at what level. As for TV-shows/movies, they are mostly dubbed. Please don't contribute to the ignorance you're preaching against.
I don't know who you are, or where you come from, but I totally agree with you.
In the french smash community, I'm always one of those who criticizes the ones who can't speak english, and try to make them learn english. But at least I know the problem that Frenchies have to face in order to learn a foreign language, especially english.
I don't know for Spain, but here, we can't hear/read english as easily as in some other countries : everything is dubbed on TV, and trying to find a cinema which screens movies in original version is just useless if you don't live in a really big city. You can find books in english, but there again, you really have to search to find some of them, and the choice is often limited.
We can't rely on school either. France's educational system is made so that the aim of a language is never shown. You never have the possibility to speak and you just keep doing useless grammar exercises, without using what you learned.
And I won't even say a word about others languages, because it's even worse.

So please don't blame us just like we were lazy bums who wouldn't make the effort of learning english. Because although this is no reason not to learn it or to change the way english is shown here, learning a foreign language in France is really, really hard.
So please, before posting like you did, in a -according to me- really rude way, please do gather information about what you're criticizing.

And also, as I'll try to explain in a post soon, ESA2 wasn't a failure because of communication in english, but because of a lack of communication between the smashers and Cycom.

Samochan

Smash Master
Universal translators, where are you!? *_*

lol

But yea, frenchies should step it up if they want something in english, cause nothing is gonna happen if you let other people decide for you. I'd really get bored if I had to watch... lol finnish stuff all the time and dubbing some english shows is just plain horredous to hear...

We got some anime in original language here on tv cause we made our stand clear. D: With finnish subtitles! Omg

Revolution!:bee:

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
Yeah, it's very realistic to expect an entire country to speak up for subbed anime. >_>

I do agree that France in general should educate its people better when it comes to foreign languages, but I don't think many Frenchies consider it even necessary. French is a dominant language after all. The problems Slhoka mentioned don't justify their lack of English skillz, but they certainly make it a lot more understandable. I also don't think it was that much of a problem at this tournament.

Kone

Smash Master
French as a international language is dying, bout time they sorted themselves out and spoke a real language.

Yomi-no-Kuni

Smash Lord
if a german said that he´d be called a racist....
Koen your view is a little radical...
i mean its good to have a language everyone is able to speak, but that doesn´t mean everyone HAS to be able to speak it...
true, a Tourney Host should be able to communicate properly, but still thats no reason to be so ignorant about it...

Kone

Smash Master
Thats cos all germans are mega sensitive to everything now........theres nothing that can be remotely defined as racism in my post.

I dont expect all french to stop speaking french ;) . . just say 90% of them should drop it for english/mandarin/spanish. Let 10% speak it still so they still to keep the tradition going.

My main point is that generally communications are terrible at large tournaments. There needs to be better pre-tournament planning, larger staff running the tournament that can speak english and better availability of information one may need.

In my very important opinion there should be a team of 10 staff that understand how to run large tournaments and know what is happening at the tournament they are hosting at all times ie not just one peron running it. Their phone numbers should be easily accesible incase of problems during the entire tournamnet AND most importantly they should be easy to identify. I didnt go to this tourney, but at ros4 i had no idea who was who. All europeans look the same. Maybe the staff should all wear the same coulored tshirts . . . like pink if their french etc

would make things easier

ed

;)

Yomi-no-Kuni

Smash Lord
i agree with you completely, but still its supid to say one should drop their mothertongue or anything, because another language is better xD
that might not be racist, but extremely patriotic (like gloryfying your own language)

i dont wanna start an argument about it, i apologitze for the post before, but it´s still a bit rude to look down on someone else´s country/mothertounge (eventhough i hate french(language) myself)

ImperfeCt

Smash Apprentice
Honestly, Kone, you say that like it happens in all European tournament. However, at RoS, the communication was excellent from the organizer's side. Helios speaks like an American, and a lot of other non-English Europeans can speak nearly as well. Whether or not you match up against people who can't speak English in the tournament is irrelevant, because it has nothing to do with the organization.

However, there were a lot of communication-issues at ESA2. Slhoka, you write English pretty well, but I can't understand why JD wasn't in charge of the verbal announcements, because it was very hard to understand you. You really have no point of reference for how to pronounce English, fair enough, but then why not pass the torch to someone who does? Thanks for your effort anyway.

Some minor complaints about the tourney aside from what has been mentioned by others:

-No projector, this made watching the "big" matches almost unbearably crowded with smelly gamers and limited space (either due to lack of available showers or hygiene, either way, the result remains).

-Pools took way to long due to the lack of decent TVs, okay, you had no way of knowing that the TVs you rented would be absolutely abhorrent. However, when you have a lack of TVs, the best way is to run no more pools than the amount of TVs can handle, and just superspeed through them one at the time. They did this at Ros and it was significantly better. Part of the problem was also the fact that everyone wanted to finish watching their friend play before starting their own matches. The pool leaders needs to have some authority and make people play their matches when they are supposed to.

I had a fun time, it was a good experience, but the tournament was ran horribly, I'm sorry.

Kone

Smash Master
My point was directed towards the organising of tournaments re: read last post in regards to tournament staff. Normally, tournaments end up being ran by one person with maybe a few helpers and then selected people that run the pools (even thse people are sometimes naive to rules). Hence. suggestion the main organiser of said large european tournament should ensure he has a dedicated staff around him before deciding on running tournament. I know I end up running tournaments on my own, if there were five or more people like myself running i together, itd be amazing.

Your comments at JD proved my points.

Also, my general jibe at the lack of english standards was more aimed at peoples' prides. European tournaments are boring, theres no real rivalry going on between countries esp. when compared to say america. I was thinking why, and I reckon its down to english. International crews should always be a huge deal, but they arent, which I find odd.

Id like people to speak english better so that they could atleast heckle me back, make abit of an atmosphere, make it a lil bit more fun.

Im greatly enjoying this thread.

;)

$hYne

Smash Ace
Germany, but i dont use this account anymore, my n
Shoutoutz, son
First of all my msn Tero@live.de <--- add me if we talked or if you like to

For all the Guys who dont remember me: I was the german Jigglypuff player (Tero).

Sry for everyone i forget (cuz i know ill forget some xD)
Germans/Swiss and Austrian ppls @ german board

Friday @ Qlex place:

Qlex: Thank you for everything! Actually Friday was the best organized day xD you had everything under conrol and everything was fine. Your Ganon was also pretty good, stick with it, im sorry we didnt play. Sorry that we started playin smash again after you told us to stop, you know : its always the last match xD

nnja: Nice shoes man, next time i want some matches xD good job in the crew match vs spain

A-D: We only had one or two matches, hope to play you again sometimes

First pool:

Ryuker: Close Matches, i shouldve one :p :p your a nice guy, hope to see you again ^^

Doraki: Yeah good fox, actually i think you were kinda unfriendly, sry.

peyudosmith: man our matches were messed up, first jv 4stock or something than you won 2 matches and i played crap. But your good and a nice person.

other guys keep on training, you all had potential.

Seccond pool:

Faab: wtf close matches were you sandbagging ? but your very good and a cool guy.

Aniolas: Nice Sheik, i wish i would've won the seccond match. nvm your 2 good i guess xD

Baxon: WTF i 3 stocked you twice but you won against aniolas and faab ? ^^ You should play against more jigglys xD 2nd in pool = 2 good

Devil_Ness Yore cool guy, keep on practising

Frostbyte: whaaaat that was so close, nice marth.

Kman: cool peach, we didnt talk much.

other guys Fox Player (Daisuki) sry i lamed xD jiggs is gay ^^

Other People:

Aldwyn and Seretur: You are two of the friendliest persons at all i met during smash. Seretur we didnt even play this time, what a shame :´( i realy hope to see you guys again probably in italy or switzerland ^^

Dax We didnt even talk this time, same as aldwyn and seretur: hope to see you sometime in italy or switzerland.

Shadow: Nice matches. good player. see you again in germany ? xD

Shloka; Thx for the tournament you did a great job but its seemed like you were the only one who really worked.

Everyone we ***** in teams: GOOD ****. We would have won if we had more time.

Edit: I forgot JD ^^
Good **** jd you ***** me in the crewmatch what the fukc, i was always feeling sure with going jiggs against falco but it was ****. 2 good.

Edit2: Oh and i forgot Coen: Sorry we didnt played ^^ next time :O

Man i still feel like i forgot someone important

My MSN: Tero@live.de <-- add me :p :p

Aldwyn McCloud

Smash Ace
European tournaments are boring, theres no real rivalry going on between countries esp. when compared to say america
speak for yourself man, having the rest of Europe acknowledge Italian players as good was already hard enough for me, I definitely preferr caring about skills regardless of nationality rather than generating rivalry between smashers only because they're from different countries.. and anyway I think there used to be plenty enough of rivalry between the dutchies and the Swedes.. regional battles at RoS4 anyone? ;)

Kone

Smash Master
What the **** are you on about aldwyn? there was no atmosphere between sweden and holland at ros4. It was the most boring crew match Ive watched in my life. I understand why you would say that you care more about personal rivalry, but theres still little evidence of it when your at a tournament. All im saying is, as a spectator, european smash is boring to watch. I be more enticed to see people being fanatic, like other sports, i really do think the lack of trashtalk is due to a common language.

I never cared whether italy was good or not at smash. Well done that your competitive. Be nice if you guys had any crack about ya's.

Zgetto

Smash Ace
Yes agrees with Kone on regionals =] Always thought regionals was one of the most fun parts of tournaments... But yeah Sweden vs Dutchies at rox4 was pretty much death because it was held when everybody just woke up and nobody really cared=[ If it was done the night before things would be much different^^
If it would be done at epita though Dutchies would deffinnatly win =]

Edit: Aldwyn, you should really change your avatar =p

Helios

BRoomer
BRoomer
..you had no way of knowing that the TVs you rented would be absolutely abhorrent.
Not true.
I spoke to shloka before the event, and I told him about the problem with flat screen TV's and lag, although he claimed there would be no problem.

€3000 later, what do you know? ^^

Tonb3rry

Smash Ace
As I know, only HDTV's are lag-free(maybe other flat-screen types too). LCD-TVs got mayor lag, whatever what.

Helios

BRoomer
BRoomer
The lag we all hate comes from scaling a 720*480 image to a 1366*768 screen, something that takes time.
This is occurs even on CRT's sometimes, if they're real pieces of ****. They just can't display the picture fast enough.

But yeah, the point is, don't use flat screen TV's for melee!! >__<

ALso, you really don't know what you're talking about there, Tonberry :p

Slhoka

Smash Lord
We tested these ****** screens before the tourament and they worked perfectly >_>

BTW I'm writing a post to explain everything that went wrong and why, I'll post it soon.
I guess it's necessary to clear up things.

clemj

Smash Rookie
I was strangely tired during the tournament so that i wasn’t very active :s in spite of this I’ve some good memories ^^
(Sorry if my English is not very pleasant…)

Shoutouts :

Dutch :

Choco : You play the same characters than me :bee: More seriously, you’re a cool guy, stay as you are. Good job for the crews!

Faab : I gonna miss you :) I like your playstyle. I want to play you before I stop smash totally!

Amsah : I didn’t play you that time but I watch your matches and finally I’m happy not to having played you =p

Zgetto : I remember you at Ros4 and ESA1, and now your level is awesome ! What’s more you’re a nice guy ;) and 9th place powa !

Adam : You beat me two times in the Brackets :’( I would have liked to play an other smasher, but nevertheless I don’t regret that you eliminate me ‘cause I’ve a lot of respect for you. Anyway you’re too fast !!! ;)

Samochan : I thought you was a newbie when I saw you in brackets :p. But finally you’re pretty good with your Peach. Pleeeease stop your small noises in serious matches! It was very disturbing for me ;) but I couldn’t lose against you :).

Linkje : Sorry for your 2nd pool but for our match… I train with a Ganon generally, so if I had lose, he would have shouted on me ^^. Though well playing you impress me on the first match ;)

Swedish :

Yuna : Good game for the money match. Even if Makenshi turn off the GC (rofl) you deserve to win. It’s cool to know you ;).

C : We haven’t finished our match rofl ‘cause of my team matches :s. You’re the friendlest stranger smasher I’ve ever known. It’s thanks to persons like you that I love to play to smash :p. I gonna miss you too.

English :

Fuzzyness : I didn’t understand well why did you play Marth against my Fox ^^ But your marth is pretty good finally and I thought it was good matches. Nice to see you pp.

Japanese :

Masashi : I would have liked to play a little more with you, but the matches we played together were very instructive for me ^^. You stay one of my favourite smashers.

CJ : Your Sheik is awesome, I’ve barely won one match ^^. Don’t forget I will squat your place when I come to Japan ;)

Cho : I really enjoyed to play with you and I’m sorry for having eliminated you :ohwell: You’re a nice guy who like to laugh and I hope to see you soon in France! :)

French : Posted on the CF yet…

Hope to see you one day.

Samochan

Smash Master
Clemj: you know my small noises are mindgames right? ;) Disturb mah opponents lol. It has become a habit of mine and I seem to do it without thinking, so next time I bother anyone, just tell me to shut up lol.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=4018705

And everyone go here, overtriforce vs makenshi final match is up D: (where was teh bracket again gaah) and Epita crews greatest moment D:

Top Bottom