• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Epic... Rap... BATTLES OF HISTORY!!! OVER GUESS WHICH SIDE WON

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
probably town cuz yeah

whiz iz jus scum to maximum and needs to be ****ed outta hear so town dont have his ****posts anymore. dying with my vote on scumbaggo

unvote vote whiz

:phone:

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
[glow]The loudmouth detective surely is a self-righteous snob!
And exposing himself more and more as a wretched clown
As frivolous and braindead as the most ignorant mob
Somebody apprehend him and chop his empty collar down!

Why go for a lucky shot when it's clear you lack the brains to make an educated decision?
Logical conclusions you are unable to draw! Too petty you are to shift suspicion![/glow]

:059:

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Kary I never said anything about #524. I really don't know why you're talking about it with me. I don't even think I read that post. I tend to skim my town reads.
I'd assumed you read it because you asked why I 'initially' refused to give a read on Inferno, when in fact the 'read' that I'd given at that point wasn't my read at all.

If you want me to give reasoning on something you need to ask about it specifically. Simply pointing out "but wai no ressoningz" does nothing. It leaves one no reason to respond to you.
Hmm, I disagree on it doing nothing. It calls attention to your play, which to me seems like you're going to shoot first and provide reasons later.
For instance, you're voting Whiz Kids, but I don't know to what extent that's based on their latter play, or their first set of posts, because you didn't explain why you were interested in killing them beforehand.
I should have asked more politely for some reasoning from you- but it's only going to give you a reason to respond if you decide to listen to that request.

Loosely on the same topic, I would really like to hear your reasoning on Dark Horse, w.r.t:
Just from the first page alone I'm not in support of the dark horse lynch.
- - - - - - - -
Out of curiosity, Kary, are you intentionally being obnoxious this game or what's the deal?
The deal is that I probably shouldn't play mafia past midnight, or after drinking, or when arguing with Ranmaru, or some selection of the above.
I'm certainly not trying to be obnoxious, sorry i'm coming across like that.

I was serious. Earlier after Kary asked you what you would like to be called you said that just using Roxy makes it easier to search. I'm asking why you need to search your name.
Answering for Roxy, but...
Roxy was suggesting that I should use 'Roxy' rather than 'Purple' If I'm going to search for his posts- he wasn't suggesting he would be searching for his own name.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
I'm still being lazy, can someone tell me what's been going on and what I should read up?
Dark Horse looks like scum. Garg looks like a newbie one way or the other. My play gets quite swear-heavy when I argue with Ran. Kreative Whiz Kids look like scum.

Those are probably the four people to look at: Dark Horse, Gargaglione, Me (Kary) and Kreative Whiz Kids.

Oh and Red Ryu shot marshy apparently.

As town we must eliminate all scum both mafia and indy. I advise you to look for scum regardless of whether they are mafia or independent.
Cheers bro, will do.

Inferno3044

Smash Master
Unvote Vote: Dark Horse

As much as I don't like some of Ran's play, he isn't the play right now. I'll accept that. Anyways I'm down to making the lynch pool right now Dark Horse or KWK. I think both of them are fine choices to lynch, but I would rather have DH gone.

Inferno is town because he's not scum.

I approve of the Garg pressure as he's not the same as he was in Donkey Kong Mafia (I modded) and it's good to look into why. I'll have to look at in in-depth over the weekend.
I'm town because I'm not scum. As obvious as that is, comments like that get us nowhere. Try posting some content. Because people like you just popping in and out and leaving little arbitrary comments aren't good for town's sake.

Also for curiosity sake, what was Garg's role in DK mafia?

@mod - request vote count and mass prod

Ramen King

Smash Cadet
Oh yeah Kary I did ask you about Inferno. I get it now. Dark Horse just gave me town vibes. I'd like for him to post more though because he is basically sitting at null. And I getchu on the Roxy thing thanks.

I'd like everyone to take a full stance on Gargaglione in their next post.

Inferno3044

Smash Master
Oh yeah Kary I did ask you about Inferno. I get it now. Dark Horse just gave me town vibes. I'd like for him to post more though because he is basically sitting at null. And I getchu on the Roxy thing thanks.

I'd like everyone to take a full stance on Gargaglione in their next post.
If you had read you'd know my opinion but I'll restate. He is a town lean due to some sincerity and some noob town things I see such as hesitance in using his vote.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
[glow]I have yet to see a rebuttal from the dark mount
Why is he hiding himself away from the light?
There are still things for which he has to account
Yet instead he tries to keep away from our sight!

It saddens me to be surrounded by clowns who can't tell apart vicious from unique!
It saddens me that people ignore the words of Kary but listen to the Ramen's ugly shriek![/glow]

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
My position on Garg is thus: he's probably town. He needs to post more, despite his anger at other people not contributing. The case against him is weak, and I don't know why there's momentum behind it still. The way he defended himself wasn't great, but I didn't think it was very suspicious.

Dark Horse on the other hand, what the hell. I can give you four discrete reasons for him being scum, and apparently he's going to pretend like nothing happen.

Vote: Dark Horse

I'm assuming people are voting Whiz Kids because his case on me was bogus and forced, and his comments Re: Garg, Inferno etc. were suspect and unhelpful.

I'm waiting til Marshy flips.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Dark Horse looks like scum. Garg looks like a newbie one way or the other. My play gets quite swear-heavy when I argue with Ran. Kreative Whiz Kids look like scum.

Those are probably the four people to look at: Dark Horse, Gargaglione, Me (Kary) and Kreative Whiz Kids.

Oh and Red Ryu shot marshy apparently.
RR is a dayvig and shot marshy? For what reasons?

Why do I need to look at you? Shouldn't I be paying attention to other players since you know that you are town?

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
RR is a dayvig and shot marshy? For what reasons?/QUOTE]

I believe because marshy is 'borderline unreadable' and insistent on quick lynching. It's yet to be determined whether RR is a dayvig, though. If you read Sherlock Hound's posts in isolation you'll probably not miss much of that whole saga.

Why do I need to look at you? Shouldn't I be paying attention to other players since you know that you are town?
If you want to get up to speed, you should probably read me because I've posted twice as much as anyone else in this game, and already had a 'case' made against me. I subscribe to the school of thought that you should be looking at everyone, but if you want to try and get up to speed, I'd suggest you look at those people.

If you want to find scum, then yes, there's no point looking at me. But that's not exactly what you asked, so i'd prefer it if you try not to make this weird.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
@Dark Horse

Yeah, I do mind. Here's the short version.
1. Late to the 'what's Ran doing?' party.
2. Over-reaction to Inferno's post about dayvig claim
3. Strange response to my questions.
4. Huge deflection in voting Garg.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
My position on Garg is thus: he's probably town. He needs to post more, despite his anger at other people not contributing. The case against him is weak, and I don't know why there's momentum behind it still. The way he defended himself wasn't great, but I didn't think it was very suspicious.
Tell me, why do you say probably in the underlined?

Bolded, isn't this considered a contradiction, or pot calls kettle black?

I am also wondering why you haven't followed up with your questions to me, Kary. Do you even care if you get the answer? Anyways, will you now get to my #257 since you have calmed down?

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
@Dark Horse

Yeah, I do mind. Here's the short version.
1. Late to the 'what's Ran doing?' party.
2. Over-reaction to Inferno's post about dayvig claim
3. Strange response to my questions.
4. Huge deflection in voting Garg.
I don't get what you mean by 1 and 4

I realized that it could trip up noob town too, which is why I stopped with it

And how are my responses a scumtell?

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Clarify the underlined for me, I don't understand what you mean.
You're arguing with Inferno for the sake of it.
Bolded, tell me how you can guess what Inferno was trying to express without him trying to make me understand it himself. This seems more like you are trying to speak FOR him instead of letting him clear up a misunderstanding himself.
It's a guess! I think I can understand him. You're reaching when you say i'm speaking for him.
Underlined, that is not what I think. I feel he didn't vote because he didn't know what to do yet. He didn't vote until he was coached to do so.
You're just appealing to your feelings, you haven't really made a point here.
Bold, to seem townie, to show the town he can be trusted by being honest.
You haven't explained how this equates to him being scummy- townies seem townie.
That wasn't so bad, actually. It's still quicker to just say YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING though.

I said probably because I say it like it is. And that would be hypocrisy- but I don't know what you're getting at.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
I don't get what you mean by 1 and 4

1: Read Kat's #164 2&3: Soup's #183 & #184, and 4: your #198.

I realized that it could trip up noob town too, which is why I stopped with it

This isn't an explanation as to why you over-reacted.

And how are my responses a scumtell?

My 118 and your 119 seemed pretty scummy, even if you disregard you not giving me a straight answer.
ten whole characters

Inferno3044

Smash Master
I am neither. Just have a town read on him for reasons I have stated multiple times. I know I'm gonna look bad if he flips scum and I'm willing to take that chance. Unfortunately DH nor Garg has really responded to any pressure on them and I want them both to respond. DH in particular has definitely been trying to hide under the radar and I still want him dead.

Ramen King

Smash Cadet
I am neither. Just have a town read on him for reasons I have stated multiple times. I know I'm gonna look bad if he flips scum and I'm willing to take that chance. Unfortunately DH nor Garg has really responded to any pressure on them and I want them both to respond. DH in particular has definitely been trying to hide under the radar and I still want him dead.
What pressure?

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
I'm back, kinda! I'm hanging in there!

What is dark horse on? votecount plz

@Dark Horse how has your read on Ran developed? Did Ran's replies on "rap skill" ever satisfy you? Also I asked you about how you viewed the momentum on your developing wagon and you gave me the most generic response evah... so what do you make of marshy/gheb right now?
_

Btw... why is Kreative fantasising over Mariah Kary?? Looks weird =?

You definitely took my first post for you in the wrong context. I said very clearly "I am on the fence about you".
The thing is were you genuinely on the fence about him at this time or did you think he was scum? Because...

I don't agree with having a definitive read on Kary so soon.
Think back to Awkward Moments, when a certain newbie traitor (hint: It's Kantrip) was throwing out random questions. Is this not a similar scenario?
Once again, I'd like an honest answer
...read to me much more like a pursuit on Kary than a fence-sitting investigation. Find it weird you would state this was a fence-sitting type of post almost as if this was a lie :mad:... Can you elaborate on why you never placed your vote on kary at this point? Can eye get a lowdown of what you think of everyone not named kary? :awesome:

It saddens me to be surrounded by clowns who can't tell apart vicious from unique!
It saddens me that people ignore the words of Kary but listen to the Ramen's ugly shriek![/glow]

So what do you make of Ramen then? How has your read developed on this slot from Soup to Zen. can you be explanative in ur grammy nominated raps?... because i always forget about you and would like to take a gander at your thought processes in greater detailz...

i'll get to zen's post in a sec

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Yo Kat how has your read on Inferno and Kary progressed? If you haven't given one, give me one plz

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
DSH, what was your goal in gambitting a dayvig shot on marshy because I don't believe for an instant that you are really dayvig.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
@mod, if you don't mind
A votecount if you would be so kind

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
the dog dayz are ovahhh

zenny here's my post!

Yes, but even so what do you hope to gain from asking him about it? I'm not saying it's wrong for you to ask, I just want to know what your intention behind it was. As for what he was referring to, clearly he was talking about how Inferno asked why he was talking like Dr. Seuss (flavor fish).
I didn't clearly see this as a fish. As I didn't clearly see, I wanted him to clear it up. Really I don't quite know how much simpler this explanation can be. Didn't I mention this to you before? Shame JTB has somehow disappeared into the abyss :grin:

If you think I'm not wrong to have asked him this, why did you question me?

The thing about it is that your reasoning is really weak and generic. I'm very surprised that you're willing to lynch/kill someone based of these reasons.
Didn't you say in a previous post my reasoning was non-committal? Why are you very surprised that I'm now willing to lynch these players... now?

FWIW I definitely went into specifics here. I don't accept that my reasoning was weak and generic at this time... at all! My reasoning would have been about as weak and generic as Kary's beef on Dark Horse at this time, Gheb's beef on Dark Horse at this time, Ran's beef on Garg at this time, Marshy's beef etc etc etc etc etc etc. Why was weak and generic exclusive against me in your thoughts?

This is Garg's third game as he mentioned. He barely even played the second. Is it not normal for a newbie to be cautious of voting? This is actually pretty common. You haven't tried questioning or looking into Garg's intentions, instead you have just flat out put him on the chopping block. How is Dark Horse towns biggest threat? Why should he have a sense of urgency? Why are you asking that "maybe he wanted others to chip in" when he flat out said that was his reason? That would be like me saying I want a hamburger right now and then you saying "maybe Zen wants a hamburger?"
*Digital Slap* I did touch on a possible intention though... =/ Also I don't think newbies should be pidgeonholed as just newbies. This is just general chitchat. I'm sure Cello/Swiss/Myself/Vanz/others would love to have words with you here... There are individual differences in common stereotypes that Dgames peeps seem to love to hate.

Look! He's not used to a slow pace. Has he played before? The start of this game shows a hyperactive bouncy Garg, throwing votes. This one's version André 3000. Andre likes to "attack" :chuckle: Look! <-- he gained 'quite a bit of suspicion' here on D1... what did he do prior to this?... he placed down a vote...

...and yet when he "really" leans scum on someone here in this game he shows a hesitancy. He had an opportunity for added pressure and did what with it?... the hesitancy suggests a fear to me... something underlying that's stopped him... Yes he could be a classed as a "newbie", but he's still a "newbie" that was scared once to vote and once to conform to the pressure put on him and it is this behaviour that stands out as slightly odd as if to people-please the Town, which made me sceptical as I'm a fan of scum having an inherent fear to look good. I def think for a page 5 lead this wasn't (and def still isn't) as weak and generic as you'd like to convince yourself to believe... you evil evil lawyer.

what an exercise in analysis :mad:

^@Kary: what do you think of my analysis here on Garg? would you be willing to vote him now?

This is fine reasoning in itself, but it's not unusual especially based oon Soup's meta. You've hydrad with Soup and should know how he reads people based off of direct interaction, looking at the guiltless/guilty nature of people post. I had gotten the same read from Kary through reading and I'm sure others have as well. Correct, Ranmaru?
thing is though can you explain in what way you think Soup in Time Travellers is similar to the Soup here? I pointed out a difference in his behaviour earlier on. This point-out was more in jest though :chuckle: but still i swear he's been a lot more executive recently... =/

Also...

This is the second time you do this! You stated that this is "fine reasoning in itself". Previously you stated that I'm "not in the wrong to ask" (concerning JTB). What is the point? It's almost reading to me like you're trying to make something out of nothing that meaningul to you...

Kata, what are your feelings towards Marshy at the moment? Do you intend to continue pressuring him until he adequately answers your question or do you feel he has already done so? What do you make of his joke about night killing you? What was his intention behind it?
Marshy is like the personification
of 0 elaboration
representing the...
united nation
booyah!

I'm still waiting for his reasons on his scumspects.

_______

o wait

Yo Kat how has your read on Inferno and Kary progressed? If you haven't given one, give me one plz
Kary is SOOOOOO analytical, I love it! I like his vote patterns because it's almost like I see a journey in his scumhunt... looks genuine to me. I want to bounce off this guy more.

I want inferno to go into a little more depth on his Kreative read. I don't see him as a play.

I don't see these players as plays at this point.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
I see it

Dark / Garg / ZenSoup / Kreative

...should all die... simultaneously :awesome:

Let's get this moving plz. Can someone count up the votes that dark horse is on? it's like 2am here i'm muchas tired

Top Bottom