• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Epic... Rap... BATTLES OF HISTORY!!! OVER GUESS WHICH SIDE WON

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
@Inferno:

Once again, focusing on his vote.
That wasn't for the vote, that was me giving an example to support that he wasn't really trying to interact or deal with DH, like he said there.

I believe this was just a misunderstanding on his part as DH didn't call Detective noobscum but rather said the gambit could've tripped up noobscum.
Yet he didn't try to clear it up himself. He is clearly not interested.

Can't really say anything to this because I don't control Kary's thoughts.
Ok.

Vote issue.
Can you clarify this?

It's hard to look for scum when you're on the spotlight. Especially for a newer player. And in the post you quoted I did see a hint of sincerity as he at least understands there is material to go off of him from.
Well what was he doing before he was in the spotlight?

Underlined, are you excusing him because he is new?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
@Kary: You still haven't gotten to my #257. I will answer your question once you do.

Now I'm going to watch the Avengers, be back later.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
I'd like anyone voting Gargaglione to read #251 (me) and #252 (Inferno)

I'd like everyone to read my #276 for thoughts on Ran's recent activity.
Also like to apologise to Zen for my tone in said post, and direct him to my 'P.P.S.' which was addressed at him.

@Mod: Request votecount, and probably some prods.

Just to tell everyone I won't be answering anything else Ranmaru asks- he's still not given me any reads, and I've yet to see any question he's asked that my post #280 doesn't cover. I.e. that he's either misread, assumed something is scummy, or is appealing to his feelings.

Unvote

Much as I may dislike or suspect Ran, I don't need my vote on him now.

Ramen King

Smash Cadet
Kary I didn't ask what it was. I asked what the point of it was. You told me what it was, sarcasm. I'd like to know what the point of posting the sarcasm was.

Why did you point out ORLY at me not having my role PM at the time?

Ramen King

Smash Cadet
Oh now I see. Kary, I'm Zen. I never said anything about your #254. I'd like you respond to #256 which is what I thought you were referring to.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
im probably dead due to sherlock hounds dumb play. hopefully i can sit down and give final reads before gorf posts the flip. lol @ him *****ing about me being reckless then making one of the worst plays this room has ever had the misfortune of seeing

:phone:

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
@marshy, while you're here:

You're probably doing this already, but please give me an opinion on Sherlock, specifically with regards to the odds of him being an indie? Really appreciate it, man.

Kreative Whiz Kids

Kantrip|Sokr
Vote: Kary

Should've done this earlier, but I really was on the fence. The added aggression to Kary's game makes me feel even better about him being scum.

His questions lack direction, his aggression lacks sincerity
And his answers lack commitment what a terrible disparity
This dude's so off-the map all-over-the-place it's scary
So c'mon everybody, join us and Vote: Kary!

I'll see what I have time to address right now.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
K got my role. I'm Master Chief, a vanilla. mfw I'm not vig. Seriously I saw master chief and thought I'd actually gotten something for once.

[Kary's REASONGS? / O RLY? post]

The point of this was what?

Kary, why did you originally refrain from giving an opinion on Inferno?
The O RLY is questioning why you're telling us we can trust you- I really don't see where you're going with that. Same goes for your claim. Don't know what you're trying to prove.

The REASONGS is questioning why you're throwing out stances without anything to back them up at all. You say you're against lynching DH, for killing Kreative, and that Garg can go, but you don't give any explanation as to why. Not even so much as saying it's a feeling you have, you just say what you want to happen.
I just wanted a little more input from you, especially considering you'd done a quick 180 on at least one of Soup's reads. I don't think that's unreasonable to ask for.

I mentioned my #254 because I haven't offered an opinion on Inferno at all. My #254 is actually a comment on Ran's play:
Nope. All you need to hear is who I suspect.

I can tell you I liked the direction where Soup was going. He was trying to progress the game, nothing else stood out from me at the time.
I copied precisely what he said to try and show how null and unhelpful it was. To his credit was pretty open about refusing to give me a Soup read.

And I didn't give an opinion on Inferno at all because I really didn't want to after Ran refused to give me a Soup read, and especially given the timing of his question, which was just as he was trying to argue with Inferno and I over Gargaglione's play

Also, since you're probably interested, I have a relatively null read on Inferno, with a possible town lean. I'm yet to see a post that I think wasn't trying to help, but that hasn't cleared him for me yet. Taking a strong stance on Garg does not necessarily make him pro-town for me.

Hope that answers everything. Or do you want to know why I was criticizing your play so far?

Kreative Whiz Kids

Kantrip|Sokr
Kreative Whiz Kids:
I'd prefer you to answer mine and Roxy's questions before I deal with your flood of queries (#147). I'd also like you to tell me how much you have read of the thread, as I'm under the impression you've been skimming. I'm typing up my responses to you now. Cheers.
Why was it relevant? Roxy asked a question AFTER I posted my questions to you and then you go and want me to answer it before you even address my post? Even worse, you want me to answer your question about Sherlock Hound? Did you just want to stall out your answer, or do you have a reason for making me go first?

For your question: I currently lack an opinion. I'll see how his shooting marshy turns out and probably still won't have an opinion because this dayvig crap is really null, especially for someone like Red Ryu.

KWK, a lot of your info is repeats of previous people. You said a lot, but concluded nothing. How do you actually feel about Kary. By that I mean which side are you leaning towards.

Really? Other people are having the same issues with Kary that I was having? Who? What was a repeat of previous people?

I was on the fence about Kary. Could see lots of activity and wasn't sure how to take it. The questions lacked direction and I didn't like that, but it can easily be town just trying to address everyone as much as it could be scum faking content. I'm leaning more to the latter now, though.

Kreative Whiz Kids

Kantrip|Sokr

You're probably doing this already, but please give me an opinion on Sherlock, specifically with regards to the odds of him being an indie? Really appreciate it, man.
So you're scum and think Sherlock Hound still looks scummy?

Good to know, thanks.

Kreative Whiz Kids

Kantrip|Sokr
Inferno is town because he's not scum.

I approve of the Garg pressure as he's not the same as he was in Donkey Kong Mafia (I modded) and it's good to look into why. I'll have to look at in in-depth over the weekend.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
So yeah, trying not to get a scum read on everyone who votes me.
Answers to KWK, from earlier[COLLAPSE="are here"]

Originally Posted by Kary
Dun dun dun DAH dah dah dah

Your intention? Well, you're trying to get people talking, I guess. Or more specifically, me.
Why me, out of interest?
Why you want them talking, couldn't say.

@Ran, oh ok, never seen Lost. What do you mean by in your lane?

Hey Kary, could you explain the purpose of these questions? There are more questions of yours I can't see the purpose of, and I'd just like to know why you ask the questions you do. The first one, where you ask Soup why he chose you: What possible answer did you expect from him? Are there certain answers that would have changed your opinion of Soup? If so, what kind of answers were you looking for to make him seem townier/scummier? Otherwise, be honest, were you just asking for the sake of asking?

Soup decided to try and stop RVS, by asking questions of me. I thought it was reasonable to ask why he chose me, when several other people had posted. I asked Ran to clarify something because I didn't understand the reason, if any, for his RVS vote.
What sort of answer did I expect from Soup? Something like his #76: "Well..I can tell you that the way Kary reacted to your call-out was more interesting than anything else," which gives some reason for why he chose me. Almost any answer, or indeed no answer at all would have changed my opinion of Soup- but not necessarily as town/scum, more as his playstyle. I certainly wasn't asking for the sake of asking, and I don't like the tone of this question- I was trying to gauge the way that Soup plays, and from that get a clue to his intentions.

Originally Posted by Kary View Post
@Ran: just seemed like a really weird choice of rhyme. Wondered where you were going with it.

@D S Hound: you guyyys... got any thoughts on Soup's play so far?

Here's another one. Why are you asking the slot you're asking this question? Be honest: Was there a reason, or did you just randomly pick someone for some arbitrary reason? At the time of asking this question, what were your thoughts on Soup's play?

Now, at this point in the game, Hound had just posted in the thread, but not said very much. Soup, on the other hand, had started a line of questioning which was pretty much the only non-RVS thing to have happened so far. So, I asked Hound because he was around, but not providing much content, and no, it wasn't random or arbitrary. It also wasn't random that I chose Soup- because I felt he had posted enough to have an opinion on.
I think I've already explained why I was asking about Soup. But you asked for my thoughs, so here you go: he seemed eager to get out of RVS. He seemed eager to question someone, and chose me, presumably to try and get a read on me. He also decided to post that read for everyone to see, which I assume he did to elicit a reaction from people. None of this leant strongly town or scum for me.

also, Kataefi...
could you please give me an opinion on Roxy/Purple and Gargaglione, if possible?

Why did you ask Kataefi this? Even worse, what made you choose Roxy and Gargaglione? Did you even consider how much content those two players had to work with. What kind of answer did you POSSIBLY expect? Once again, I'd like an honest answer: Are you putting thought into this question, or did you just ask someone random to give an opinion on two random players?

I asked Kataefi, again, because he was around. In addition, Kataefi had not commented on my vote on him at the start of the game, but had asked questions of me, and I wanted to get a response from him. I chose Roxy and Gargaglione precisely because of the amount of content they had posted- they had both posted very, expressed generally null opinions and decided not to vote for anyone, at almost the same point in the game. What sort of answer did I expect from Kataefi? Perhaps some meta data on one of the players, about their posting habits or tendency to vote. Perhaps some suspicion about their lack of stances so far. Maybe nothing at all, but all of these would give me some amount of information about Kataefi.
So, yes, of course I'm putting thought into it. I didn't choose Kataefi at random, I was trying to engage someone who had already questioned me in some conversation. And I didn't choose Roxy and Gargalione randomly either- I chose them for their quiet, conservative posts and low activity, and in the belief that they are more likely to post if they are being talked about.

Hmmm... Gargaglione, could you please tell me your strongest town read so far, and give reasoning for it? That'd be great.

Oh my. What are you going to do with Garg's strongest town read?

I think I answered this question in #108. I'm not going to do anything with it, especially, but it helps me to build a picture of what Garg is thinking and the way that he reasons.

Please, Kary, clarify this stuff for me. I'm on the fence about all these questions and whatnot and need help deciding what side to jump to.

Why didn't you just ask: 'Kary do you choose the people in your questions randomly, and if not, how do you choose them'? I have tried to be as helpful as possible, but I'm telling you now I'm not going to do this all day. If you come up with another torrent of questions that I do not feel are going anywhere, there is no way that I am going to answer them in full. This is your only warning.
Considering that your main point against me was that you don't see the point of my questions, I really do wonder why you have asked me so much just to try and help you get a read on me. But there you go.
[/COLLAPSE]

Kreative Whiz Kids

Kantrip|Sokr
I'd like anyone voting Gargaglione to read #251 (me) and #252 (Inferno)

I'd like everyone to read my #276 for thoughts on Ran's recent activity.
Also like to apologise to Zen for my tone in said post, and direct him to my 'P.P.S.' which was addressed at him.

@Mod: Request votecount, and probably some prods.

Just to tell everyone I won't be answering anything else Ranmaru asks- he's still not given me any reads, and I've yet to see any question he's asked that my post #280 doesn't cover. I.e. that he's either misread, assumed something is scummy, or is appealing to his feelings.

Unvote

Much as I may dislike or suspect Ran, I don't need my vote on him now.
"Since Ran isn't giving me the stuff I want from him, I won't give him the stuff he wants from me! Yay stalemate! Yay halting content!"

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Also it's as though you've never heard of scum trying to jam up the thread with confusion and pointless questions. Arguably not giving any more ammunition to a player I have scum suspicions on is a pro-town move, it lets people examine their own play more.
Oh yeah, and then I ACTUALLY GAVE THE CONENT

Kreative Whiz Kids

Kantrip|Sokr
I didn't say anything about my content. Yeah, it's low. Cool story.

You definitely took my first post for you in the wrong context. I said very clearly "I am on the fence about you". That post was NOT "points against you". It was a series of questions. Why didn't I just ask ONE question about how you choose the people you do? Because I wanted in a CASE-by-CASE basis so I could get the intent for EACH ONE INDIVIDUALLY. If I had just asked "How do you choose who you ask questions to and about?" would I have gotten your intent for the questions you asked? NO. I'd get a general statement that I could do NOTHING with.

You don't think my questions to you were going anywhere? Cool. I don't think the majority of your questions are going anywhere. You're getting far too aggressive whenever anyone says something negative about/towards your slot. Kindly calm yourself down before responding to people and realize that everyone will interpret different actions in a different way depending on their experience and ideals with mafia. This doesn't make people who find you scummy to be scum themselves, so there is NO NEED to start attacking people when they attack you. That is called OMGUS. Attack people for having scummy intentions, not for having negative things to say about you.

Kreative Whiz Kids

Kantrip|Sokr
Also it's as though you've never heard of scum trying to jam up the thread with confusion and pointless questions. Arguably not giving any more ammunition to a player I have scum suspicions on is a pro-town move, it lets people examine their own play more.
Oh yeah, and then I ACTUALLY GAVE THE CONENT
I've heard of it. If anyone's doing it it's you, as you've asked for more questions than me and Ran combined. Are we scum for not posting enough content, or posting too much content? Because you're saying both.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
The funny thing is, I ask questions one or two at a time. And I look at people's answers.

Can you honestly be tellling me you do the same?

If you don't post anything, that's anti-town. See my first exchange with soup.
If you think all my questions are fluff, then that's fine, you can have that opinion. But i've already given you at least 3 case studies where I talk about who i picked and why. Why I chose them might not be obvious on a sloppy re-read, but that's tough **** for you.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
KWK 48 hours ago:
*tunnels kary and soup*
btw guys inferno's town!

KWK now:
*tunnels kary*
btw guys inferno's town!

lol, shame you're not bulletproof marshy

Inferno3044

Smash Master

FoS: Kary

I think you're being oddly aggressive towards quite a few people. I would consider it overaggressive. On top of this you're looking for an indy on D1. That raised a red flag for me. Why are you looking for an indy instead of looking for scum in general?

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Out of character:
I apologize for the aggression. I shouldn't stay up late playing mafia, and Ran winds me up sometimes. My tone just gets worse and worse, but i'm really not trying to attack anyone personally, I think this should be a fun game to play.

@Inferno: what do you think is odd about my aggressive play? Is it that it is out of character with the rest of my play?

If DSH is a day vigilante, I think it is very unlikely that he is mafia, unless there are a huge number of power roles in this game or something. This more or less clears him as town, except for the possibility of him being indie. Which is why I'm asking if DSH might possibly be indy, of marshy, whose opinion I can trust or disregard come the flip.
I'd like full reads from marshy, but as I said I think DSH will either be indie or town. Don't know whether mafia day vig is a possibilty but it seems very unlikely to me.

Inferno3044

Smash Master
I saw it as out of character a lot towards Ran and then you unvote and go really aggressive on KWS. Why you ask specifically if Detective is an indy rather than just asking if he's scum?

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Hmmm. Ran doesn't listen to reason, really, which is why I tried to brow-beat him. I really do wish he'd post less idle questions, and actually respond to the points people try and make. I don't yet know why he was so focused on Garg, or why he kept trying to undermine my argument and yours. After a while I just got sick of it, hence the swear words, then ignoring him.

Then KWK appeared, attacking me because... I'm attacking Ran and I ask too many questions? The tone of his posts screamed scum to me, and the points he was making were BS in my opinion. I was already a bit wound up, so I made a few jibes at him, like having not posted enough.
My #303 and #305 though are, I feel, legitimate criticisms- basically asking KWK why they're attacking me and whether they actually have anything to back up their vote on me.

Why did I say indie? Just to try and make the question clearer I guess. I'd say scum means both mafia and indy, but more commonly refers to mafia- and right now I really don't think he'll be mafia.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
iight

dark horse still the best play today. shame we didnt just finish the lynch so all the bull**** that came afterwards wouldntve happened

katae/roxy/inferno/kary are all nonplays for quite a while. hound can stay cuz town needs his gun but keep an eye on him. was thinking zen was good to go but idk what in the mother**** hes doing with his kary vote. rans weird but can stay i guess

jtb/garg are meh

gheb i thought might be bussing dhorse dont go clearing him when dhorse flips scum

just kill

dhorse
whiz
garg
jtb/gheb

in that order and go from there. rest should be easy

also dont fall for the typical "claims are good/lots of discussion is good" bull**** mindset that sadly permeates throughout this room. theyre just excuses for scum to wiggle out the noose and **** with town as they inevitably start second guessing themselves

Inferno3044

Smash Master
Hmmm. Ran doesn't listen to reason, really, which is why I tried to brow-beat him. I really do wish he'd post less idle questions, and actually respond to the points people try and make. I don't yet know why he was so focused on Garg, or why he kept trying to undermine my argument and yours. After a while I just got sick of it, hence the swear words, then ignoring him.

Then KWK appeared, attacking me because... I'm attacking Ran and I ask too many questions? The tone of his posts screamed scum to me, and the points he was making were BS in my opinion. I was already a bit wound up, so I made a few jibes at him, like having not posted enough.
My #303 and #305 though are, I feel, legitimate criticisms- basically asking KWK why they're attacking me and whether they actually have anything to back up their vote on me.
Okay. I'll give you these. You just weren't as aggressive earlier in the day but it's still early-mid D1. I don't have too much to go off of.

Why did I say indie? Just to try and make the question clearer I guess. I'd say scum means both mafia and indy, but more commonly refers to mafia- and right now I really don't think he'll be mafia.
As town we must eliminate all scum both mafia and indy. I advise you to look for scum regardless of whether they are mafia or independent.

Ramen King

Smash Cadet
Vote: Whiz

Kary I never said anything about #524. I really don't know why you're talking about it with me. I don't even think I read that post. I tend to skim my town reads. If you want me to give reasoning on something you need to ask about it specifically. Simply pointing out "but wai no ressoningz" does nothing. It leaves one no reason to respond to you.

Out of curiosity, Kary, are you intentionally being obnoxious this game or what's the deal?

Purple

Hi guys!
A couple of things were pointed at me earlier today and yesterday; I apologize for not being able to post as i've been busy on a few art projects i'm just now coming along with.

That being said, you all will be responded to tomorrow afternoon along with some more info.

Real quick though, once thing I DID notice and i was interested in.

Ramen King, you said I name searched my own name? Was that a joke or were you being serious.

Also garg doesn't need to be pressured, I think he's town based on his whining segment around three pages ago, waste of time looking into him.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
I'm still being lazy, can someone tell me what's been going on and what I should read up?

Ramen King

Smash Cadet
A couple of things were pointed at me earlier today and yesterday; I apologize for not being able to post as i've been busy on a few art projects i'm just now coming along with.

That being said, you all will be responded to tomorrow afternoon along with some more info.

Real quick though, once thing I DID notice and i was interested in.

Ramen King, you said I name searched my own name? Was that a joke or were you being serious.

Also garg doesn't need to be pressured, I think he's town based on his whining segment around three pages ago, waste of time looking into him.
I was serious. Earlier after Kary asked you what you would like to be called you said that just using Roxy makes it easier to search. I'm asking why you need to search your name.

I'm still being lazy, can someone tell me what's been going on and what I should read up?
Basically you should vote Whiz. I'd be fine with you just following my vote today.

Top Bottom