• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Epic... Rap... BATTLES OF HISTORY!!! OVER GUESS WHICH SIDE WON

Detective Sherlock Hound

Dooms|Red Ryu
my reasons: hes a bad guy
and therefore must die

for me thereve been MANY a game
where a scumbag was saved solely by claim
that **** is lame
so kill em fore they tell us their name
or else town will stupidly have their minds changed

:phone:
This is reckless.

When do we actually defend someone who may just be playing bad over a scummy? Scumbags can't save themselves from a claim alone unless their play is near perfect or town ****s up royally.

We are not doing this while I am here.

Inferno3044

Smash Master
I stated why I believe Gargalione to be town
Because I believed his posts contain sincerity.
Your reason for your vote Ran made me frown
I think your vote needs more clarity.

You voted him solely off him not wanting to vote Dark Horse
And when he decided to vote you stayed on the same course

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
"Unvote: Dark Horse
I'm willing to hammer, but not ASAP"

This is confusing. Why did you say this, Kary?
I'm still prepared to lynch Dark Horse, and I'm happy to be the hammer (Kataefi was asking people to declare intent to hammer). On the other hand, I don't really want him quicklynched, I want to hear a little more from him and others, so there you go.

"Do a proper re-read, DH. Because I disagree with Purple, I think you're still in the spotlight here."

Kary the underlined seems more like you are trying to bring DH in the spotlight, rather then him still being in it.
Ran, I can't speak for everyone- I don't know how many people are still looking at DH. I'm still looking at him, and I assume many other people are, hence my disagreeing with Purple.
I am trying to keep him in the spotlight- but I don't think I'm trying to bring him back into it, so I disagree with you on that. You also make it sound like a bad thing... which I don't think it is.

"@Garg: If it's any consolation, I like you.
Please tell me what you thought of each Ranmaru's and Soup's votes against you?
And don't worry about DH's vote on you, it looks to me like he's reaching because he's in trouble.
Ran, please unvote this guy or give me a good reason not to."

No, I'm not unvoting him.

Tell me, why are you trying to relieve the pressure on him from DH?
Ran, if you're not going to unvote him, I'd like a half-decent reason. At the end of the day it's your vote, but I'm not seeing your case at all.
Secondly, if I am trying to relieve the pressure on him from DH, it's because I think the pressure's a waste of time- and as I said, I think his case is a reach. If anything I'm undercutting DH, whereas I'm more actively trying to relieve pressure from you.

You'll want to know why, and it's because I think the pressure on Garg is not going to go anywhere, and the guy could do with a break. That's just my feeling.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Because I believed his posts contain sincerity

Underlined, explain how he seemed sincere to you.

Bold, can you point out where this was the case? (quotes)

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
@Kary:

I'm still prepared to lynch Dark Horse, and I'm happy to be the hammer (Kataefi was asking people to declare intent to hammer). On the other hand, I don't really want him quicklynched, I want to hear a little more from him and others, so there you go.
See the thing is it was still early in the day. I don't understand why you would be ok with hammering already, even though you said "BUT NOT ASAP".

You unvoting, and saying you were willing to hammer BUT NOT ASAP made it seem like you were trying to justify you getting off the DH wagon, yet still stating 'committment' to the wagon, as if you were SURE about it already. That's why I didn't like that Kary.

Ran, I can't speak for everyone- I don't know how many people are still looking at DH. I'm still looking at him, and I assume many other people are, hence my disagreeing with Purple.
I am trying to keep him in the spotlight- but I don't think I'm trying to bring him back into it, so I disagree with you on that. You also make it sound like a bad thing... which I don't think it is.
That is what it seemed like to me. I just thought it was a weird way for you to add to the discussion (by telling DH to re-read properly)

Ran, if you're not going to unvote him, I'd like a half-decent reason. At the end of the day it's your vote, but I'm not seeing your case at all.
Secondly, if I am trying to relieve the pressure on him from DH, it's because I think the pressure's a waste of time- and as I said, I think his case is a reach. If anything I'm undercutting DH, whereas I'm more actively trying to relieve pressure from you.
No, I have already given a reason. Why do you try to tell me why you think my reason isn't good enough.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Kary, what is your opinion of Inferno?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
EBWOP: *Why DON'T you try to tell me why you think my reason isn't good enough lol

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
RANMARU:
You voted Garg because he said he didn't want to vote until he'd heard from more people.
It's not. I voted him for waiting for others before voting. This means he would rather hear what others say before deciding to do something himself, so you are stretching what I'm doing. It should have been clear to you from the questions I asked him.
You just said this, so why are you butting heads with Inferno, when you could just clarify what you were saying?

Inferno, I think you have the right idea but you've not worded it all that well.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Alright, Ran, fine. You voted Garg because he said he didn't want to vote until he'd heard from more people.

You took this as being a scum-tell, but if you read Inferno's argument (#139), he suggests that voting someone isn't the same as getting them lynched. Garg then decides to vote Dark Horse (#140). I think a pretty reasonably conclusion to draw from this is that:
Garg didn't want to vote DH because he didn't want to lynch DH, until he had heard from other people.

If not wanting to lynch someone straight away is a scum tell, then Hound, Kat, me, we're all probably scum- In fact we're all probably scum except for marshy.

Oh, and if being hesitant to use your vote is a scum-tell, then why did Garg decide to be so vocal about his hesitation? Why did he explain in clear view that he wasn't prepared to vote DH? I think that certainly lessens the tell, if not removing it entirely.

Way to make me do all the legwork.

Inferno3044

Smash Master
I was just waiting to see how DH responds to something else before I lay down my vote. In the last 2 (and only 2) games I played, there was that someone that we were so 'sure' was scum, then with the flip, they just turned out to just be a townie who apparently really sucked. You might think relying my personal anecdote is silly, but honestly, I don't want to make the same mistake again.

Voting would mean that I'm ready for DH to be lynched, and it's still pretty early to jump to that conclusion.
From this post alone it is very clear
Both his experience and what he thinks
He doesn't want the end to be too near
He wants to have together all the links

My advice was solely to aid him I kid you not
Because I didn't vote and I got quick lynched in Gigabots.

again @Ranmaru

I'd like to add that it's also possible that you're simply misjudging me based off your indifference to my playing style. I don't like how quick you are to vote, as you apparently don't like how I'm cautious, but I don't see how either ways of playing are either town or scummy, seeing as they can be used either way.

Consider that by voting so quickly I can either think you're genuinely scum hunting or trying to get people to turn on any townie possible. The odds of it being either one are even, seeing as every one of your other actions through out the game were generally neutral so far. So judging me on the basis of my caution is honestly pointless, as it is for me to judge you off your anxiety, unless you have another legitimate reason as to why you think I'm scum.
Once again he shows that he's conservative
And how his play style differs from yours
He likes his vote to have some preservative
Because jumping left and right is something he abhors

Yea, Dark Horse is really leaning scum right now. I think I'll hold my vote a little longer until more people have their say on this. There are still some people not doing much.
Vote: Gargalione

Why do you have to wait for other people's opinions before you give your own?

How do you expect others to do things while you do nothing?
Here is why you put your voting him
No other reason to be seen
So let me ask you this and not on a whim
Is there something else of his that's unclean?

Soo-pah soo-pah soo-pah-dee-doo...
...Kurious kat wants thoughts from you
LMAO!!

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
[glow]Never seen a self-proclaimed detective so doltish!
Somebody please stick a cork in his cheeky blowholes!
Flamboyant and self-righteous, as if he was a goldfish
In a dirty pond full of underedeveloped tadpoles!

Keep your vomit to yourself you loudmouthed clown! And use your brain before you make yourself look even more pathetic!
A hundred outbursts of nonsense don't add up to logic! It's still nonsense! Go back to school and get a grip on your arithmetic![/glow]

:059:

Ramen King

Smash Cadet
K got my role. I'm Master Chief, a vanilla. mfw I'm not vig. Seriously I saw master chief and thought I'd actually gotten something for once.

But wai? I no see REASONGS!

O RLY?
The point of this was what?

Kary, why did you originally refrain from giving an opinion on Inferno?

hey hey i'm at work. will comment on more tonight but @zen: jtb's observation doesn't look like a fish to me in the slightest. I don't understand where this came from.
Yes, but even so what do you hope to gain from asking him about it? I'm not saying it's wrong for you to ask, I just want to know what your intention behind it was. As for what he was referring to, clearly he was talking about how Inferno asked why he was talking like Dr. Seuss (flavor fish).
"ur making suspicions in question form rather than just making the suspicions."

"like you're trying to put suspicion out there without actually committing to it."

^the thing is those questions represent my suspicions. I don't see what's non-committal about this. think of my sexy voice >> it's more thinking aloud as to what's potentially causing this type of behaviour. curiously do you agree with my analysis on both accounts? why/why not? (plz be specific)... Also why did you point out something as generic as this??? because i swear i've been talking this way in like every single game i've played with you??? *makes note to find examples*

Gonna look into recent posts tonight and make something a little more informed when i can't be caught out over here my compadres.
*makes note to await examples*

The thing about it is that your reasoning is really weak and generic. I'm very surprised that you're willing to lynch/kill someone based of these reasons.

"Anyone up for killing gargoyle/soupah toDay as well somehow. *summons Shirley Dayvig*

Gargoyle was hesitant to throw down his vote on Horse despite "really leaning scum". One would think from the word choices there's a sense of urgency here to get rid Town's biggest threat but... nope. maybe he wanted others to chip in to see if there was potential to vote elsewhere?

Soup 'pressured' Kary and from a 3/4 post exchange managed to somehow discern him as Town on page 2...? So much for fisting that RVS I'm just not quite sure how that small load of information allowed him to reach his somewhat detailed conclusion so perhaps he knows underlying info ??"
This is Garg's third game as he mentioned. He barely even played the second. Is it not normal for a newbie to be cautious of voting? This is actually pretty common. You haven't tried questioning or looking into Garg's intentions, instead you have just flat out put him on the chopping block. How is Dark Horse towns biggest threat? Why should he have a sense of urgency? Why are you asking that "maybe he wanted others to chip in" when he flat out said that was his reason? That would be like me saying I want a hamburger right now and then you saying "maybe Zen wants a hamburger?"

This is fine reasoning in itself, but it's not unusual especially based oon Soup's meta. You've hydrad with Soup and should know how he reads people based off of direct interaction, looking at the guiltless/guilty nature of people post. I had gotten the same read from Kary through reading and I'm sure others have as well. Correct, Ranmaru?

The fact the you would be willing to kill either of the two based on this reasoning is very mucky. You are not being analytic this game, trying to look into the intentions behind others. You've been asking questions that don't lead to any sort of reveal behind someones intentions.

Kata, what are your feelings towards Marshy at the moment? Do you intend to continue pressuring him until he adequately answers your question or do you feel he has already done so? What do you make of his joke about night killing you? What was his intention behind it?

RaZen King: No one really that new to mafia that I wanted to pressure. Roxy came back but I didn't expect anything much out of him. It was more of a random vote. Even so, I still did something to progress RVS. It's not always about the vote, it's about the whole thing.
Garg, Kary? Garg? Garg? Seriously why not Garg?

What do you mean you did something progress RVS? How was placing a random vote on Gheb about ariplanes progressing RVS? Voting someone for something scummy, even if small, would be progressing RVS. This is usually how you go about it, do you not?

Roxy: How much of this game have you skimmed and how much do you plan on skimming? Why do you need to namesearch your name? What do you think about my thoughts above on Kata? What gave you the implication that DH pressure was being dropped?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
You just said this, so why are you butting heads with Inferno, when you could just clarify what you were saying?

Inferno, I think you have the right idea but you've not worded it all that well.
Clarify the underlined for me, I don't understand what you mean.

Bolded, tell me how you can guess what Inferno was trying to express without him trying to make me understand it himself. This seems more like you are trying to speak FOR him instead of letting him clear up a misunderstanding himself.

Conclusion:
Garg didn't want to vote DH because he didn't want to lynch DH, until he had heard from other people.

If not wanting to lynch someone straight away is a scum tell, then Hound, Kat, me, we're all probably scum- In fact we're all probably scum except for marshy.

Oh, and if being hesitant to use your vote is a scum-tell, then why did Garg decide to be so vocal about his hesitation? Why did he explain in clear view that he wasn't prepared to vote DH? I think that certainly lessens the tell, if not removing it entirely.

Way to make me do all the legwork.
Underlined, that is not what I think. I feel he didn't vote because he didn't know what to do yet. He didn't vote until he was coached to do so.

Bold, to seem townie, to show the town he can be trusted by being honest.

Garg, Kary? Garg? Garg? Seriously why not Garg?

What do you mean you did something progress RVS? How was placing a random vote on Gheb about ariplanes progressing RVS? Voting someone for something scummy, even if small, would be progressing RVS. This is usually how you go about it, do you not?
I have played with the both of them before, that is why. And no, voting Gheb didn't progress the RVS, pointing out the weird interaction between DH and Inferno did. Like I said, it's not just the vote.

Also, like I stated, I voted Gheb because of my rhyme.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I didn't even notice the philociraptor
But for right now I don't see you as a threat
I do see opportunism in your attempt at scum capture
Although to put down a vote Gargalione shouldn't fret

Just don't be jumping at everything out of your britches.
Also I rhymed philociraptor. Get at me *****es!
The underlined I do not like, because he states he sees opportunism from my vote yet doesn't say how. Keep this fresh

Not voting isn't necessarily the equivalent of not doing anything. I'm holding my vote because my opinion on Dark Horse might just be a lapse of judgement that could change seeing how he/she interacts with other players who haven't necessarily done anything yet. I'm not being deliberately passive, nor am I just waiting to blindly jump on a wagon.
Ok here Garg says he is holding his vote because he thinks his reason might be a lapse of judgement, and wants to see how DH interacts with others. Keep this in the front of your minds. KEEP IT FRESH HOMIE

Mainly because of his anxiety to attack Hound, calling him noobscum and whatnot. I'm aware I questioned Hound's actions earlier, but it was in no way an attack, like DH's post. It was simply scummy behavior on his/her part.
I do not remember DH doing this in the underlined, and I asked Garg to clarify. But he doesn't have to, since I re-read.

I'd really like to hear more from some people.
[/SIZE]
Kary I'm wondering, why didn't you ask any questions to Garg? I'm sure getting more of his opinions would have helped.

Yea, Dark Horse is really leaning scum right now. I think I'll hold my vote a little longer until more people have their say on this. There are still some people not doing much.
-_-

Not even close. I said that Hound's gambit could potentially trip up noobscum. I never attacked him.

Can you elaborate on the bolded?
DH responds to Garg on how Garg was wrong about DH's actions. Yet, does Garg ever respond to him to clear up any misunderstandings?

I wasn't prodded to vote; Inferno made me rethink my actions, and voting seemed like the most sensible thing to do.
Nope, he doesn't. Instead, he just focuses on anyone who mentions him. He doesn't CARE about scumhunting, nor interacting with DH. He's not trying to look for scum, he's just trying to seem like he is.

I feel as I'm simply being scrutinized, as I'm one of the few players in the game with substantial content to analyze. I understand their effort, but their effort's in the wrong place. I feel as if I couldn't have said done any more to justify my actions, which is why I don't understand why they're still on this (and also why I got flustered).

Btw, some of you just drop by and say "Hey, I like/dislike that", some useless crap, and are just getting by with the least effort possible. Could you (you know who you are) actually say stuff when you have the time?
Garg continues to go on about how he's getting flustered and how he shouldn't be the main focus. He still hasn't responded or commented on DH, meaning he is focusing on his survival and not finding scum.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
#124 Shows that Garg only had a scum read on DH because he was sheeping Inferno, because that was why he quoted him.

Let's lynch Garg

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Upon his scumflip, we'd lynch Inferno, and then we'd look at Kary

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Marshy will you vote Garg for me? (I almost said Garf lol)

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698

I want to point out that I disliked Inferno's early accusation of me being opportunistic, because he then tried to misconstrue my accusation on Garg. This is what makes me feel he and Garg may be connected together, and why I would look at him after Garg if he flipped scum.

Inferno3044

Smash Master
Dropping the rhymes for now because Ran is trying to to scum goggle something in every line I write. First of all I stated how it was opportunistic, but let's show it again.

Gargagalione states that he has a scum lean on DH. However he doesn't want to throw his own vote just yet and wants to hear from others.

Vote: Gargalione

Why do you have to wait for other people's opinions before you give your own?

How do you expect others to do things while you do nothing?
This is what Ran posts in response to him not putting his vote down. There is no other reason for his vote, therefore very opportunistic. Just for more clarity, this is how Ran quoted the post:

More proof that there is no other reason for the vote, hence being opportunistic and has yet to explain his scum read. On top of this he has deflected questions I have asked explaining his scum read. Here is an example:

He asked me why I had a town read on him Garg and I answered it. Also I want to point out that he has pointed out this post and purposefully left out what I had just bolded.

Unvote Vote: Ranmaru

Shoot: Marshy

:phone:
Well time to see if this hound is really an *puts on sunglasses* alpha dog

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I hope we can still lynch Garg.

Kary, you need to check this post: #258

in addition to that quote. That, is why I want to lynch him.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Inferno, I have explained my scumread on Garg. Check my previous post, and give me an opinion on it please.

Inferno3044

Smash Master
Ok here Garg says he is holding his vote because he thinks his reason might be a lapse of judgement, and wants to see how DH interacts with others. Keep this in the front of your minds. KEEP IT FRESH HOMIE
Once again, focusing on his vote.

I do not remember DH doing this in the underlined, and I asked Garg to clarify. But he doesn't have to, since I re-read.
I believe this was just a misunderstanding on his part as DH didn't call Detective noobscum but rather said the gambit could've tripped up noobscum.

Kary I'm wondering, why didn't you ask any questions to Garg? I'm sure getting more of his opinions would have helped.
Can't really say anything to this because I don't control Kary's thoughts.

DH responds to Garg on how Garg was wrong about DH's actions. Yet, does Garg ever respond to him to clear up any misunderstandings?
Vote issue.

Nope, he doesn't. Instead, he just focuses on anyone who mentions him. He doesn't CARE about scumhunting, nor interacting with DH. He's not trying to look for scum, he's just trying to seem like he is.
It's hard to look for scum when you're on the spotlight. Especially for a newer player. And in the post you quoted I did see a hint of sincerity as he at least understands there is material to go off of him from.

@Garg - Do you have any scum reads besides DH? What do you think of all the pressure.

Garg continues to go on about how he's getting flustered and how he shouldn't be the main focus. He still hasn't responded or commented on DH, meaning he is focusing on his survival and not finding scum.
The reason he has all this negative attention is because of your focus on that vote which has made a wagon. Granted that I think Garg should respond to this, I still do not have a scum read on him. I don't plan on voting him unless new information comes that would change my mind.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Kary: First you answer my questions to you in #257 and #258.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Once again he shows that he's conservative
And how his play style differs from yours
He likes his vote to have some preservative
Because jumping left and right is something he abhors
I never found his playstyle bad, it's good that he wants to be conservative. Yet, he hasn't done much speaking, and has only sheeped you. He only voted when you advised him to. This supports him not really scumhunting, and just following another's lead.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
What I really want to know is why it's just after Zen posts this:
@Ranmaru: y didn't u start out the game with your normal planned voting type of deal? y did you vote gheb rather than someone who you don't have a lot of experience with?
That Ran flies completely off the handle.

I also really want to know why Ran is COMPLETELY DISREGARDING the pressure brought on Dark Horse, and really wants to get Gargaglione lynched. It's almost as if he's trying to disrupt the Dark Horse Waggon.

I admit, both Ran and Dark Horse being scum... actually it's not that much of a reach. There's not that much to link them, but... hey. I'm going to throw it out there as a possibility.

P.S. Zen? My #254 is sarcasm, which you might have caught if you'd read the thread, or considered how likely I am to perform a complete 180 in the space of 5 minutes.

P.P.S. Everything you've posted so far is either dragging someone's posting habits/playstyle through the much, or asking questions that aren't very specific. It's almost as if you're fluffing. Hmm, maybe that's too harsh... but right now I don't care!

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
I never found his playstyle bad, it's good that he wants to be conservative. Yet, he hasn't done much speaking, and has only sheeped you. He only voted when you advised him to. This supports him not really scumhunting, and just following another's lead.
^ Not grounds enough to lynch someone.

THINK MORE, POST LESS

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Kary, my #257 and #258 please.

Also please give the reason for your vote on me.

I will reply to Inferno soon, going to eat.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
@Ran:
Delete as appropriate:
a) You're wrong, re-read the thread.
b) That's not grounds for a scum read.
c) There's no reason why you're feeling can't be wrong.

e.g.
b)
a)
c)

Job done.

Top Bottom