• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Epic... Rap... BATTLES OF HISTORY!!! OVER GUESS WHICH SIDE WON

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Nah, I got my stances, I'm just choosing not to tell you them.

inb4 you use this as more reasoning as to why im "deff scum"

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
thats also implying you actually have reasoning for me being scum too ;)

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Yep, that's one of my reasoning (as already stated). Also keep in mind you also didn't have real stances yesterday either, you were only working in if then statements upon JD's flip. Also consider you never gave a real stance on JD, just a flimsy stance due to him being town upon him hammering himself. You tried to excuse JD for an example you 'mis-remembered'. That was scummy.

Also you rely too much on the results of Circus, instead of look at people first before deciding a lynch.

And no, you don't have stances. If you had stances, you'd given them yesterday, regardless of wanting to tell me or not (cuz others were talkin to ya too)

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
This conversation is a waste of time until Kat/Circus post.

bye.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
this reminds me of TT... I still think it's not likely for there to be a Town-confirmed universal backup and deputy with a "cop" who, when he dies, splits into 2 other town cops... think of the counter claiming wifom that would ensue for a small game... now throw in the fact he's now likely going to be "random"/whatever sanity... yep it's suspicious to me. This is why I disagree with zei's theory of a random cop and moreso agree with soup's analogy that the setup is a red herring what with their flip now... at least this is what i'm thinking at the moment. will post more later

ran curiously, when I placed my vote on J, why did you instruct Marshy to "sheep me" there and then?

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
actually...

jtb curiously how has your read on inferno developed throughout the game and what caused those developments? iirc didn't you want him dead d1 based on a kwk town flip but then switched to dsh? why don't you care about him now?

Circus' results will be integral to who we lynch toDay.
I don't care about Inferno at this moment, I'm only concerned with what results Circus' will bring and you.
^didn't you state circus was likely scum by the end of d4 and if dietz flipped scum? why are you placing emphasis on his results?

Kataefi

*smoke machine*

wii must avenge no lynch btw for putting in work. i shouldn't be looking up gifs at work but it's too addictive :chuckle:

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Ugh so much WIFOM right now. I'm wondering if Circus is scum and was dumb enough to kill his own guilty or if scum is trying to set him up for a ML on him. Like this situation really sounds like the easiest way to set up a mislynch, but honestly with a scumdeitz flip, NL was more or less cleared.
I'm glad I didn't have to bring this up myself. Scum's NK choices have actually been a lot more telling than I think they realize, and I'm gonna do my best to show that.

Ran, to assuage my paranoia, please elaborate further on why Inferno absolutely isn't scum. I've had a null-to-town lean on him all game, but I want to be sure you're not just letting him off the hook because there's just so much scum in this game. You were the one who was telling me yesterDay that we have to examine every angle. Are you examining the angles and deciding Inferno is town, or are you just being lazy?

You don't get to do this. You've been, without question, the quietest player over the course of this game. I don't think you even posted during D3. Like, at all. There's no reason you should be waiting on my investigation results to reveal your stances, unless you're planning on trying to set me up as a mislynch based on shallow reasoning that has nothing to do with my actual play.

Super cool that now that your *** is on the line, you finally wanna play the game.

To answer your question, I investigated Kat last Night and was told he's not mafia. But that obviously doesn't mean anything at this point because No Lynch's flip confirms my results are unreliable.

Now you have no excuse. Reads, please.

this reminds me of TT... I still think it's not likely for there to be a Town-confirmed universal backup and deputy with a "cop" who, when he dies, splits into 2 other town cops... think of the counter claiming wifom that would ensue for a small game... now throw in the fact he's now likely going to be "random"/whatever sanity... yep it's suspicious to me. This is why I disagree with zei's theory of a random cop and moreso agree with soup's analogy that the setup is a red herring what with their flip now... at least this is what i'm thinking at the moment. will post more later
You know what I love the most? The way you and JTB have jumped so headfirst into this "Circus' claim is suspicious; he's probably faking it" idea, with hardly any hesitation, when even No Lynch—the guy I had a guilty on—was actually trying to reason with me and was judging me based on my actions. It was one of the most level-headed things that slot did this game.

Your suspicion of me is based entirely upon setup speculation. You keep coming back to the red herring idea, which on it's own is fair, since we have definitely seen claims that absolutely do not seem to make sense on their own (hello, FBI Agent). However, you're taking an extra step in deciding what the misleading roles in this game actual mean about the setup, and you're outright refusing to consider how my actual play factors in. The fact that I apparently am capable of getting false results is itself an example of a red herring mechanic, because it has the potential to send me on the wrong path. It's a ****ty role, but it matches the flavor that you're proposing as well as anything else. There's no logical reason for you to just ignore this possibility if you're actually interested in finding the truth, rather than just lynching me. You like the idea that my role itself is suspect because you would prefer to mislynch me without having to base anything on my actual play.

It makes sense that, if you couldn't get me to tunnel NL into a lynch, that your Plan B would be to set me up as the next fall guy. Killing No Lynch so that we would see his flip, on the surface, sure seems like a good way to try and reenforce the idea that my role is fake, which is the idea that you and JTB have been championing ever since the No Lynch lynch stopped looking likely yesterDay.

wii must avenge no lynch btw for putting in work. i shouldn't be looking up gifs at work but it's too addictive :chuckle:
Whoa. Careful, dude. You might choke on your own townieness.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
bah, the post ive been waiting for all day and it comes right before i need to go to work n_n

ill be back tonight

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Work johns are legit.

"I couldn't post until some other player said something totally irrelevant to actually finding scum" johns are not.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Inferno, you should let me know right now if you intend to look at my post with a neutral standpoint or if you are just waiting to drop a vote on me because if its the latter, ill just self vote and spend the time I'm setting aside tonight doing something else. If its the former, then do something besides announce how badly you want to vote me. If I'm scum, push me, otherwise look at the scum flip we just had and find out who his partners are.

:phone:

Inferno3044

Smash Master

inb4 you use this as more reasoning as to why im "deff scum"
On my phone and can only quote once so im cnoosing this post. Give me a good reason why to not give your reads. We are in a 2nd lylo. Reads from everyone are extremely important. Not giving us information about who you think is scum is antitown. Hiding this entire time until you are on the chopping block is scummy and, to be honest, typical of your scum play. In MMX and Gigabots mafia you stayed in the shadows, barely posting until you are a possible lynch candidate. In a town game, from what ive barely played with him in, he at least had some occasional posting.

But i'll bite JTB. Tell me why I shouldn't think you're scum.

Inferno3044

Smash Master
I promise a neutral standpoint, but you have to actually give me things to look at deal? Starting with these questions:

1) Why wouldn't you give your reads until Circus gave his result? The NK obviously proved that Circus's results are either being tampered with or useless. Therefore we can't fully trust them.
2) What are your reads? You've been asked this question and you intentionally avoided and literally refused to answer it.
3) Why did you offer to self vote?

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
I'll have my reads in my big post, so sit tight for that.

I didn't give my reads before Circus gave his result because coming into the day, he was someone I wanted to look at closely due to his 1892. Having a guilty on someone but saying that a lynch on someone that he hasn't investigated is a better path (in mylo/lylo, mind you) suggests that he either doesn't trusts his results (which shouldn't be happening pre-NL flip) or he's faking a result on NL. So, if Circus was scum, I wanted to avoid saying anything that might change his fake result.

I haven't come to a definitive read on him yet because of Garg vs DH during D1 doesn't appear to be SvS, but I'm not positive yet.

I proposed a self vote because your post conveyed a sense of "I don't care what JTB posts, he's going to be the lynch." and if that was going to be the case, I don't care to waste time pushing my scum reads and I'll just let scum alpha me.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Katafi, have you read the thread with a JDietz scum flip in mind? Who do you think his partners are?

Inferno3044

Smash Master
I proposed a self vote because your post conveyed a sense of "I don't care what JTB posts, he's going to be the lynch." and if that was going to be the case, I don't care to waste time pushing my scum reads and I'll just let scum alpha me.
This part really pissed me off. Not from a "omg you're so scummy" standpoint but from a "Wow is this guy serious?" point. You are definitely are on the chopping block right now, but that doesn't mean that you should throw the game, assuming you're town. If you're actually town then you should be trying to prove that you're town and who the remaining scum team is. If you seriously are town and self voted I would have so much beef with you. Possibly to the extent that RR has/had with Zen.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Post isn't going to happen tonight and I'll explain why.

I hadn't read the thread at all and came into toDay with just scattered info I know from skimming occasionally and the end of yesterDay. I liked Inferno, disliked Circus/Ran, and didn't have anything on Kata yet. Inferno was because of him holding off the hammer, Circus was because of the reason mentioned previously, and Ran because of him not liking me because I said that town also self hammers and incorrectly thinking that he self hammered in Newbie.

Reading through just D1 flips everything upside down. If inferno hadn't defended Garg, he probably would've gotten lynched D1 due to his inactivity and significantly hurt their faction. Ran and DH/Circus pushed Garg well into D2 and it doesn't look like distancing to me due to the integrity of their pushes. Kata might be SK, but it's a read I'm slowly developing.

That said, these are where my thoughts stand at this moment. I'm currently around post 800 and will continue to read until my eyes fall out of my head, but I know I won't be awake mentally to compile my thoughts into a sensible post.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
I knew I should've unvoted before I went to bed and put the hammer in my control. However im not disappointed and we will be better without them.

@marshy - if youre actually a warlock then **** you. I thought we could be town buddies. Welp, looks like I might be doing this alone. Anyways cop is on circus tonight and doc is on me/NL. If someone is holding a vig shot use it on J tonight.

hnggggggggg

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Jdietz, shoot me toNight or I'm gonna wrestle thread power away from the stooges toMorrow and make sure you're the lynch. You best believe a wall of your shady-*** play is coming at you if I'm alive on D3 (or toDay, if I get enough time to stack it up before Gorf comes with the flip). Reading over D1 again, that slot's been sitting obvscum since the beginning, and somehow it's still alive.
:bee: .

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Personal offense to the bold, but I can't be mad. I was hoping Marshy would actually listen to me and vote how I wanted him to. I want JDietz dead but I want to be the one to hammer. So until I say otherwise consider my vote on him.
read: I'm not going to vote Jdietz until he is for sure the lynch

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Unvote. As much as I want him dead, I don't want an alpha strike if he is somehow town. I want Circus to claim.
I'm pretty sure I've seen this post like every day from Inferno regarding Jdietz

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
and jdietz was pretty much confirmed scum from D3 twilight anyways, theres no way he could be somehow town

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
I was hoping you were the doc JTB. Reason why is that I'm the Wright Brothers, town nurse. So in actuality I'm just another deceptive role. If you were the doc, you would basically be guaranteed town because of my role and we would've known for sure that NL is scum and Circus would be definitely sane.
explain what you meant by this because im not folllowing your thought process

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Good to hear... lol

@Mod: Request Votecount

I'm starting to feel Inferno/NL team here. They're both talking about a misinfo setup and using it to push me, but they themselves are the ones who claimed that way to make this seem plausible. I haven't forgotten that NL claimed twice, or that Inferno was last to claim here.

No matter which way anyone slices it for me it's NL or bust.
>Inferno/NL scum team
>NL lynch or bust, not inferno

huh

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Got through the thread.

Vote: Inferno

If he isn't scum, I'll eat my ****ing shoe.

I'll tie it all together in a nice post tomorrow if others actually need convincing of this, but there is no way he is flipping town.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Oh well, that's what I get for joining a game and not investing time in it until Lyle

Can't believe inferno wasn't scum though

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
And the sad thing is I thought random cop made sense in this setup as well :/

Sorry town

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
And this is the final rap for town
For they lynched yet another townie and lost the crown.
Say goodbye to the one they call Inferno
And watch The Wright Brothers, Town Nurse, burn yo.

Ranmaru, Elvis, Sleepwalking Townie and JTB, John Lennon, VT were endgamed!

Kataefi, Kim Jon-Il, Mafia Godfather and Circus, Adolf Hitler, Mafia Ninja have won!

Rap PM's coming up in a second.

Top Bottom