• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Eor's Hellhouse Mafia - Night 2 (totally cancelled)

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
<3 loves "I told you so"s...

Come to the conclusion that a majority of the town players are bad. No, horrible.
Most of them skim posts, or they flat out don't read... Axemang for example said <3 "pretty much somehow" started roleclaiming? What? WHAT?!
If you don't want to play... don't bother, leave! People are lined up and waiting to get in.

suspicious and scummy are the same in this game. You can't be suspicious of someone if they aren't doing anything you view as wrong...

<3 doesn't know, loosing faith in you guys big time. There is one player here won't name any names (already have) who flat out contradict himself in the first day... no one finds that suspicious at all?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contradiction
those, contradictions, for the record are bad...

http://www.mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page
http://www.mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=Theory
http://www.mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=FAQ

omegawhitemage

BRoomer
BRoomer
Are we allowed to vote for no lynching?
I know this is my first game and all, but wouldn't no lynch just give the mafia a free nightkill? Then we'd end up with near no new information on day two and we'd be right back to baseless speculation like we are now.

spam_master

Smash Rookie
<3 loves "I told you so"s...

Come to the conclusion that a majority of the town players are bad. No, horrible.
Most of them skim posts, or they flat out don't read... Axemang for example said <3 "pretty much somehow" started roleclaiming? What? WHAT?!
If you don't want to play... don't bother, leave! People are lined up and waiting to get in.
You don't exactly wow me either, you may read and type alot but its quality and not quantity that counts. Give me a convincing argument that gets results instead of complaining about people and spraying around with your suspicion hose, and then you can say how "terrible" everyone is.

smashman90

Smash Lord
I know this is my first game and all, but wouldn't no lynch just give the mafia a free nightkill? Then we'd end up with near no new information on day two and we'd be right back to baseless speculation like we are now.
Now this may seem scummy IMO, but I am just trying to look at this with a logical stance and a little bit of chance.

Although we do give the mafia the chance for a free nightkill by no lynching, it can benefit us. Sure we might not get much info, but sometimes they might get somebody that can help us target possible mafia suspects and although it might be little info, it might just be all we need to figure out who is who. Plus there's the possibility that the mafia might kill an independent, which can benefit both sides depending on your point of view. So in a strange way, the mafia are kinda helping us out by nightkilling. Now that they know this, it might discourage them from nightkilling.

I got a feeling that I might've repeated myself in that post but oh well. . .:ohwell:

I think that everybody(especially the new people) just need to kinda relax and not get over stressed about what's going on as this is only helping the mafia.

Now this statement is towards the newbies. Whatever you do, read every single post and not just skim them, I mean actually read them. This can help save a life of a fellow teammate and end the life of the mafia. Don't be discouraged by how big these posts are, the main reason they look big is becuz most the space in that post is occupied by other people's quotes. If there weren't quotes in a big post, then they would most likely be small posts.

In other words, big posts usually aren't as big as they seem to be.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
We shouldn't vote "no-lynch", Omegawhitemage is correct in stating that it would give the mafia a free night kill. Saying that it isn't a lose-lose situation, because the mafia might kill an independent, is not a good idea. If they kill an independent, or if they kill a townie, the ratio of bad : good still increases.

<3, if you've said who that person is before, why not clue me in on who you're talking about...? I feel dense, but I don't follow.

Florida

イーグランツ
Well if we have no idea who is mafia and who is town, then voting for no lynch might be the better idea. If we were to vote for someone who ended up being a townie, and then move onto the night phase, that's two kills against us. If we skip the day phase, and then move onto the night, that's only one against us.

Assuming that we never figure out who's who, that is.

Wikipedia

Smash Lord
We shouldn't vote "no-lynch", Omegawhitemage is correct in stating that it would give the mafia a free night kill. Saying that it isn't a lose-lose situation, because the mafia might kill an independent, is not a good idea. If they kill an independent, or if they kill a townie, the ratio of bad : good still increases.

<3, if you've said who that person is before, why not clue me in on who you're talking about...? I feel dense, but I don't follow.
I have always been an advocate of no-lynch for the first day. It doesn't give the mafia a "free kill" they already get a kill no matter what. I don't even understand the phrase, "free kill," and it is the common argument against no lynches. The way I see it, if we try to blindly lynch someone on day one it will almost always be a townie and then we are going to be down by two instead of just one and we still get to find out the role of who dies at night. Plus there is always a chance that we kill an important townie role.

Just wanted to post to say that I am currently reading through the thread.

Florida

イーグランツ
Hoping that the mafia kills an indy at night isn't bad per se (most or all indies still have to die for town victory right?) it's just unrealistic.
Well, it's never good to just hope that Mafia don't target townies, but I still stand by what I say that it'd be best to not lynch at all the first day. I don't think we'll gain much more info on players than what we have now.

So, I guess I'll be the first to start it off?
Vote: No lynch.

Mr.Lombardi34

Smash Ace
Well, the thing where people say that you won't have any info for the next day really isn't true considering all the stuff that has happened on this first day, but just think about 16 people voting for the same person. You would no doubt have twice the info you have now if the events leading to a lynch were to happen. I still say that we should try to lynch.

Wikipedia

Smash Lord
Oh, no, it's fine. In fact, it helps me analyze your posts better now that I know that you might not be familiar with the game.

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
I'm sorry ive asked this many times but when does day 1 end? How exactly do we get a lynching to take place?
Did you go through the flash tutorial posted on the first page? That should have answered your question, and you really should have read that, at least. Those three sites that are linked to in the first post helped me quite a bit in Trigun mafia, which was the first one I played.

Anyhow, the day ends when a majority of players vote for one player, or for a no-lynch.

Personally, I'm really beginning to lean towards a no-lynch at this point. I just don't see any players who I feel are likely to be mafia, and without what I think is at least a fifty percent chance I don't want to vote for anybody. I have suspicions, but nothing I consider probable.

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
alot more smarter
This phrase is horrible.

because the Mafia will have a 50-50 chance whether to kill. And if they kill someone smart, they could be a bluffer on their own side.

I'm ALL for the no-lynch Day 1.
I don't understand your reasoning at all.

How will the mafia have a fifty-fifty chance? It'll probably be more like 80%. And what do you mean by "if they kill someone smart, they could be a bluffer on their own side." That sentence is just totally incomprehensible to me.

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
I'm not trying to be mean, mind you.

I just want to understand what you're trying to say here, because I'm inclined to agree with your position, but I'd really like to know what your reasoning is.

GameFreaking

BRoomer
BRoomer
I like that no lynch idea:

unvote: smashbot
vote: no lynch

i would rather do that than lynch one of our own on the 1st night.

and I never did the flash tutorial but I did read parts of the other two. the rules seemed simple enough.

axemangx

Smash Champion
Tazmily Village, Currently Maining: Lucas and Didd
Okay. What I'm trying to say is.

Mafia would go for the people who act smart. They have a 50-50 chance of getting a townie or their own. For instance. They could lynch someone on their own side as to they have no idea who to kill. However, they must do research to decide who to lynch. But it still leaves them with a 50-50 chance as their may be one of their own blending in to make people think their a townie.

Ronike

Smash Ace
The term free kill is used as a day one lynch gets us a revealed role and we can analyze the people who voted to lynch for said person. A no lynch puts us back to the same position as we started day 1 in, just minus one townie and almost definetely a smart one at that. If we lynch someone, even its a shot in the dark, we probably have a 1/6-1/4 chance of hitting scum (non-town member) and at the very least we get rid of an idiotic poster (*coughaxemancoughcough*). So once again, n00bs, no lynches = bad so long as there is activity.

On a second note, axeman is pissing me off becuase he is so advocate of a no lynch when they are bad, but he is new, so this is excusable to a point as you didnt know. But medi, NO. You are smarter than that, you've played before, and I finally managed to get around to reading <3 massive post of doom a few pages back and see good reasoning in his suspiscions and then this. SO....
Will hammer medi

Which brings me to a few clarification points:
A) Ive always used scummy and suspiscious interchangably, but Ill try to start using scummy as a higher form of suspiscion. Prolly'll take a while to get used to tho, so bear with me...
B) I need to do hammer votes for my role. Just realized I never clarified that.

Ronike

Smash Ace
Do the tutorial and pay attention during it. If you had, you'd know the mafia know who each other are. They get to talk to each other whenever they want and decide at night who they want to kill. That person is killed and the next day starts. Its not 50/50 they get a townie, its between 25/26 and 23/24 cause theres always taht one independent they could get. Still tho, those odds suck.

Ronike

Smash Ace
If you think Im being a jerk, then I am minorly sorry. New people get on my nerves, and I kinda fused you and gamefreak together for a minute there, and thought you not only didnt understand that mafiasos can talk to each other, but that you didnt understand lynching. So sorry. But no, I wasnt like this in my first mafia game. But dont take my word for it, go take a read: link here

PUNCHLINE DONT EDIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOW MANY TIMES DOES IT HAVE TO BE SAID?!?!?!

Ronike

Smash Ace
They communicate in however they want. Thru AIM, PMs, however they want. I think Liggy even had his brother as a fellow mafia member in one game...

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
Ronike, I'm hesitant to just take a shot in the dark, although I agree there are some players I wouldn't miss much, even if they are town. However, they are unlikely to be mafia. If they were, their partners probably would have reined them in by now.

Outside of them, I'm not terribly suspicious of anyone. <3 has some ideas that seem really weird to me, but they don't seem like the would particularly benefit the mafia, and they definitely attract attention (something a mafia player would probably want to avoid). Therefore, although I'm watching <3 quite carefully, I feel like at this point he's one of the people who's least likely to be mafia, at least in my eyes. I'm definitely not enjoying the attention he seems to be throwing my way, though.

Lombardi I'm ignoring right now because of his roleclaim. Despite what <3 says, it seems like a very strong claim to me.

If I were to vote for someone right now, it would have to be egruntz. This is partly because of his suspicious semi-claim. He's hinted at being Leonidus, but avoided actually saying it. This could be a strategy to avoid having a counter claim used against him. Then there's what he's said about his abilities, which seem to have been intended to make sure no one targets him, ever, either mafia or town. To me, this really seems like something an independent might do.

Still, I really don't feel confident enough to put a vote on anybody without more evidence. That's why I'm leaning towards a no-vote, although I still want to wait it out a bit longer before giving up. If that still seems suspicious to you, so be it.

Do the tutorial and pay attention during it. If you had, you'd know the mafia know who each other are. They get to talk to each other whenever they want and decide at night who they want to kill. That person is killed and the next day starts. Its not 50/50 they get a townie, its between 25/26 and 23/24 cause theres always taht one independent they could get. Still tho, those odds suck.
There are also doctors, who can protect people, plus there might be people who have night immunity. That's why I put my estimate at 80%, although that might be a bit low.

Wikipedia

Smash Lord
The term free kill is used as a day one lynch gets us a revealed role and we can analyze the people who voted to lynch for said person.
So I'm assuming you are volunteering yourself? Hmm? No one wants to be that person but seeing how you are in advocacy of this idea you would be willing to offer youself.

Stop referring to those that believe in a no-lynch first day, under certain conditions, as noobs. It's an off-topic argument and it's degrading. Debate the topic, not the person.

Ronike

Smash Ace
Of course Im not volunteering myself. Its a democracy. If people want me gone, feel free.

Im not refering to people who believe in no lynches as n00bs, Im telling the n00bs that its bad except for in that circumstances cuase we have so many new people in this game. Its not degrading if its true. Oh and the whole debate the argument not the person is bs in this type of game cause both are intricately linked. You argue a person by arguing a ton of subtopics that person does scummily. So no, Ill do both.

Wikipedia

Smash Lord
Of course Im not volunteering myself. Its a democracy. If people want me gone, feel free
If you offer yourself I'm sure we can democratically help you with that.

Im not refering to people who believe in no lynches as n00bs, Im telling the n00bs that its bad except for in that circumstances cuase we have so many new people in this game.
This is flawed. I think it is fine to do a no lynch and I'm fairly certain you wouldn't consider me a noob, same for Mediocre.

Its not degrading if its true.
I don't understand this at all. What's not degrading if it is true?

Oh and the whole debate the argument not the person is bs in this type of game cause both are intricately linked. You argue a person by arguing a ton of subtopics that person does scummily. So no, Ill do both.
You obviously don't understand the phrase, Debate the topic not the person.
Often, in a debate, when someone's argument holds little weight, they will degrade the opponent itself in an act to discredit the opposition's stance by claiming that they are too stupid, poor or young to be right.

Instead of inculcating the "n00bs" with your own beliefs, how about you let them decide for themselves. It's more preference then anything. I believe that the town would benefit more from taking the game slowly and not lynching a townie. Personally, the same is accomplished by going through the voting and conspiracy process but not actually lynching someone and letting the role reveal from the mafia give us information rather than adding to the townie death toll.

Wikipedia

Smash Lord
*letting the role reveal from the mafia kill give us information rather than adding to the townie death toll.

Typo.

smashbot226

Smash Master
Smashbot: Doesn't seem scummy to me, but it could be some kind of n00bish strategy to post unhelpfully random junk so that you would seem innocent .

Yeah... I may be stupid, but I'm not THAT stupid.

As to who's guilty...

I don't really have any ABSOLUTE suspicions as of yet. I half trust everyone here...

I must admit, however, I agree with keeping an eye on <3.

And KevinM. Well, maybe not him. Just cuz he hates me...

Top Bottom