• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Eor's Hellhouse Mafia - Night 2 (totally cancelled)

Wikipedia

Smash Lord
Oh, ignore the above post.

I'd say people are hurrying toward a no-lynch, which is dumb because we can simply keep talking until we've got enough evidence to lynch someone.
Please tell me how we are just going to talk our way to evidence of someone's alliance to the mafia?

Another day one would be, we have no real confirmation after the night that gives us new information. The mafia kills a lurker, so we don't gain any evidence since there's nothing to look at in a new light. So we'd be at the same place we are now, minus a townie. Another day one.
First of all, this is a WIFOM argument, who are you to say what the mafia will do? It would actually be a blessing if all the mafia kills are lurkers, to some extent. Secondly, what would the alternative be? We lynch a lurker? We would have the same product except that the mafia would then, according to your plan, kill another lurker. Or do we lynch an intelligent player? The product for that is obvious, we have less meaningful conversation during the day, again I refer to my voice lesson teacher; we can work with players that talk, but not those that don't.

I will tell you how it will go. I personally have no problem with how long a day is, as long as there is conversation, but if we drag this out too much longer we will get people who are less patient will just come in and vote no lynch anyways or push for a hasty lynch.

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
But I don't think this is the case. I personally think that you are either more keen on voting egruntz than you let on, or would rather vote someone who posted more.
I'm not keen to lynch egruntz. I'm keen to have egruntz dead.

I'm not so sure about lynching him, because of the possible risks that entails. However, if I were to choose a player to off right now, with no risks, it would absolutely be egruntz.

Ultimately, I'm for voting on an inactive or one of the worthless actives. Opinions?
I have to say, I'd much prefer voting for a worthless active player than an inactive. There are a few players out there who I feel have actually hurt the town. It's probably unintentional, but there's no guarantee that it won't happen again in the future if they stay alive.

I'm definitely not going to push for a no-lynch right now. I don't think it's the smartest option, and I'm willing, although not entirely happy, to wait longer in order to increase our chances of getting a lynch. A no lynch is looking more and more appealing, only because continuing day one is getting less and less appealing.

Florida

イーグランツ
Wtf is that suppose to mean? Are you gonna turn me into a frog or something, Mr. Magician?:laugh:

But seriously, I am not afraid of you and you will find out why if I am your hammer vote. I will susprise you.

Oh and I am still waiting for your answers.;)
It's doesn't mean much of anything, really. I just thought having an unnecessary answer would be fit for an unnecessary question (which I have, mind you, answered previously in this thread).

smashman90

Smash Lord
It's doesn't mean much of anything, really.
Funny, because that post looked like a threat to me. And why would a supposed townie threaten a fellow townie like that?

I just thought having an unnecessary answer would be fit for an unnecessary question (which I have, mind you, answered previously in this thread).
You didn't answer them, you only gave us possible choices. I want the real answer. And these are necessary questions.

Wikipedia

Smash Lord
Wtf is that suppose to mean? Are you gonna turn me into a frog or something, Mr. Magician?:laugh:

But seriously, I am not afraid of you and you will find out why if I am your hammer vote. I will susprise you.

Oh and I am still waiting for your answers.;)
"I will surprise you?" What is that suppose to mean?

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
I'm still extremely curious of how <3 mentioned someone making a blatant contradiction, i've read it over once.. and might have missed it again but i doubt it.

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
I'm still extremely curious of how <3 mentioned someone making a blatant contradiction, i've read it over once.. and might have missed it again but i doubt it.
I'm willing to bet it's me who's made this blatant contradiction, although I'll be ****ed if I can tell you what it was.

Florida

イーグランツ
Funny, because that post looked like a threat to me. And why would a supposed townie threaten a fellow townie like that?
Hey bud, now you're just looking for a reason to lynch me. There's nothing scummy about making a friendly joke, is there?

You didn't answer them, you only gave us possible choices. I want the real answer. And these are necessary questions.
Actually I have. If you read through all of my posts, you'll be sure to find it. At the moment, I don't feel like fetching up my quote for your sake.

Matunas

I'm a monster!
BRoomer
NNID
Matunas
Eor - I pm'd ya but I have no idea where that places me in the replacement list. So I guess I'll throw my name in the thread as a replacement.

Yeroc

Theory Coder
BRoomer
Posting for activity's sake. I realize I don't contribute much yet, but I am still trying to search out tips on classic Mafia tells and arguments and proceedings; also I'm a person who likes to let his conclusions stew for a little while before presenting them. I hope to be providing more material very soon.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Eor - I pm'd ya but I have no idea where that places me in the replacement list. So I guess I'll throw my name in the thread as a replacement.
You're already on the list (first post), but you where the last one to say anything about it

ligolski

Smash Rookie
ok guys so i am back in action and ready! i have replaced Axemangx...i will try to get time over vacation to read over this but for now can somebody just recap what has happened and i will go from there...fyi: won't be active tomorrow and the day after

smashman90

Smash Lord
Hey bud, now you're just looking for a reason to lynch me. There's nothing scummy about making a friendly joke, is there?
That sir was no joke since jokes are supposed to be funny. That looked like a threat to me.

Actually I have. If you read through all of my posts, you'll be sure to find it. At the moment, I don't feel like fetching up my quote for your sake.
Actually you didn't. You listed possinble choices like this:

You have two options:

1) It has to do something with my role.
2) I just love saying it.
3) I'm trying to trick you guys.

(mindgame'd, cause that was actually three options)
Oh, and you mentioned your 3 choices again in a later post when a lot of people were on your ***.

And then there's this:

A mindgame is a mindgame. I could just mindgame up by putting, or not putting, "this is sparta" in my next post / vote change. And just for the fun of it: This is sparta!

Secondly, I believe I caught you lying because this is your first mafia game right? Then what does this mean?

In games like these I tend to make a puzzle out of myself, just for pleasure. I intentionally draw attention toward my direction. Even though that goes against what I just said in the paragraph above. spartaspartasparta.
And I definitely found it suspicious when you said this, egruntz:

Let me make it known that I'm trying to draw attention to myself; however, you townies shouldn't worry about me. What I'm doing will help out the town, and I can assure you that. My role, I see as, isn't meant to be effective while I'm still around. My role is something that the Mafia should fear, definitely.

You townies shouldn't lynch me. You Mafia members should kill me over night, though, so I can take one of you down with me.
You kept calling us "you townies" or "you mafia members", which definitely makes you look like an independent(which I believe flipstar mentioned). Also, why didn't you mention the independents? *jabs my finger into your ribs* Secondly, why in the hell would you go about blathering about your plan? You were exposing yourself and now nobody would target you for a nightkill unless they believed you were bluffing. I think you was just wanting to let the townies and mafia duke it out and when it's almost over, just try to get rid of anybody else.

Commonyoshi, that's what YOU'D like me to do. Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't you want to stay in the game as long as possible? I mean, it'd kind of suck to join up a game to just be killed ASAP .
Not with a role like that, you would want to try to get the mafia to nightkill you that way the mafia will lose a member. Sometimes you have to sacrifice yourself to help your teammates.

I'm meant to be a bad-***, hard to kill pro-townie. And if I go down, I'm taking others with me.
I could think of a pretty insulting thing here right now, but out of the niceness in my heart I won't say it.

I'm trying to save you townies from spending your time on me, but you refuse and keep on theorizing on how I'm lying or not. As I said, forget it. Really, is that so hard?
Again, you called us "you townies". Which makes me again suspicious that you are not a townie. I will not forget since you kept drawing attention to yourself and kept digging yourself a bigger hole.

Trying, yes. I was trying to make the mafia seem like I was an important townie. By saying "This is Sparta!" I was making it obvious that I was King Leonidas, and tried to make it seem that I was required to say this due to my role.
And now you finally answered my question about why you kept saying "this is sparta" and you might've helped reveal us an interesting clue. If the real King Leonidas was here either he hasn't spoke up because he doesn't want to be known or Leonidas isn't in this game.

Wow, my first big post. It must be the end of the world.

Ronike

Smash Ace
Good to see you here Liggy. I however regret to inform you that it is extremely likely I wont be able to get on today seeing as how I have to wrap all my presents yet and I have a family party as well, I won't be able to get on tomorrow as Im visiting my G'pa all day, and then Im off to London until the third. So yeah, this is prolly the last you'll hear of me for a week and a half, but Eor, please dont have me replaced.

GameFreaking

BRoomer
BRoomer
geez. your just bickering, the lot of you, and no one has done or said anything remarkable in pages.

I must agree, since I did say it a while back, I have no problem with lynching the useless players. That could be many different peoples, but a lot of these characters have been asking for a lynching with their questionable antics and remarks. Don't lynch the inactive ones, they might be waiting, and like Yeroc, they might have something insightful to show us.

But im still on the no lynch side. Just for today though. I have many MANY suspicions, but none of them are based on really much of anything except my gut, which doesn't mean much because I'm a paraniod person by nature. Ive been sniffing around a few pages back for some clues, but nothing so far. Any mafia members out there have been doing well to not slip up too bad.

So yeah, I think we either need to agree on a lynch or just don't do it because this is going no where fast. Im all for the better good for the town, and if my fellow townies really think a lynch is in order to help us, then ill vote for whoever, as long as there's good reasoning behind it.

Florida

イーグランツ
That sir was no joke since jokes are supposed to be funny. That looked like a threat to me.
Then you have no sense of humor.

Actually you didn't. You listed possinble choices like this:
And now you finally answered my question about why you kept saying "this is sparta" and you might've helped reveal us an interesting clue. If the real King Leonidas was here either he hasn't spoke up because he doesn't want to be known or Leonidas isn't in this game.
As you just proved yourself wrong, I did. From the beginning I was aiming to be night-killed by the mafia, by screaming "This is Sparta!" in my posts. I even warned you townies not to worry about me, but you did.

Oh, and for the record:

"Us townies definitely shouldn't vote for me!"

Secondly, I believe I caught you lying because this is your first mafia game right? Then what does this mean?
Again, you're jumping to conclusions. There's PLENTY of games like these! Murderer in the Dark, Investigator, etcetera. What I said doesn't mean that I've played previous mafia games. This is truthfully my first.

Not with a role like that, you would want to try to get the mafia to nightkill you that way the mafia will lose a member. Sometimes you have to sacrifice yourself to help your teammates.
We've been over this (other members and I).

I could think of a pretty insulting thing here right now, but out of the niceness in my heart I won't say it.
No, please, do say.

Again, you called us "you townies". Which makes me again suspicious that you are not a townie. I will not forget since you kept drawing attention to yourself and kept digging yourself a bigger hole.
Again, you lack common sense.
Try reading through all of the posts in this thread before posting; a lot of these arguments we've already solved.

Mr.Lombardi34

Smash Ace
After reading smashman's post, I have to agree that egruntz seems suspicious and slightly dangerous. I think that perhaps HE wa the condtradictor that <3 mentioned.

"This is sparta! This is Sparta! I'm mindgaming you for no reason and trying to draw attention to myself"

*People get on his tail*

"Oh no, you townies don't need to worry about me. I just realized that if you lynch me, multiple townies could die. I advise you to just not pay attention to me. I hope the mafia kills me, cause one of them will die if they do. I'm pretty sure they will target me now"

The more I think it thru, the more suspicious and odd egruntz seems to be. If noone will nightkill him anymore, the only way he can die is getting lynched, which according to him is not a good idea. It's an easy way to stay alive.

He also said something like "Well, the point of this game is to have fun, it would suck to get killed ASAP". First of all, if he was on the town side, he would not have said that. Second, HE HAS A SUICIDAL ROLE (or so he claims) so why the hell would he want to "Stay alive as long as possible"? Lastly, that is exactly what an independent would want - To just stay alive AND for "You townies to just forget about me".

I am just about ready to vote for egruntz. It depends on how he responds. Then I'll decide.

Wikipedia

Smash Lord
Smashman, settle down, egruntz is for sure a townie. I hadn't gotten to that part in my reading of this thread until this morning. There is no way that a mafia member would attract that much attention. There is a small chance that he is independent but he seems to be pretty open about his role and egruntz hasn't said anything about being able to kill anyone unless he is killed first.

I wouldn't worry about it.

camo-man

Smash Cadet
KevinM said:
I'm still extremely suspicious of Camo-Man, he has done little to nothing to defend himself besides saying he posts nothing but fluff and for me thats not adequate enough.
care to elaborate? heck, if this is the only reasoning it takes to be able to accuse someone (saying that you're "extremely suspicious" of someone) then that defeats the purpose of the game. Give me something that I can actually defend against please.

spam-master said:
It's simple camo-man, I think your mafia. And if you say ,"but why?", it's day one so reasons are not required.
There's got to be a reason why you think i'm mafia... whether it's a certain sentence, idea i put out, whatever... same thing with KevinM... please, if you think i'm mafia, give me something to defend against.

For both of you, I can just say (for example, of course) "I think <3 is mafia. I'm very suspicious of him" and get away with it, am i right? because "it's day one so reasons are not required"?

tmw_redcell said:
In the first post of the thread, Eor asks for suggestions on the name of the game, then says he temporarily named it something that it is not currently named. Then I suggested Eor's Hellhouse, and he takes the suggestion. You did not read the first page of the thread. Though I guess that's okay, since the game hadn't started then.
Sorry... I tend to skim over the first post unless there are special rules about the game... :p

I really think we should prod vote the lurkers/inactives (we can't tell, mirite?) a bit too.

And I probably won't be active the 25th and 30th to the 2nd or so... just so you know.

Flipstar

Smash Journeyman
After reading smashman's post, I have to agree that egruntz seems suspicious and slightly dangerous. I think that perhaps HE wa the condtradictor that <3 mentioned.

"This is sparta! This is Sparta! I'm mindgaming you for no reason and trying to draw attention to myself"

*People get on his tail*

"Oh no, you townies don't need to worry about me. I just realized that if you lynch me, multiple townies could die. I advise you to just not pay attention to me. I hope the mafia kills me, cause one of them will die if they do. I'm pretty sure they will target me now"

The more I think it thru, the more suspicious and odd egruntz seems to be. If noone will nightkill him anymore, the only way he can die is getting lynched, which according to him is not a good idea. It's an easy way to stay alive.

He also said something like "Well, the point of this game is to have fun, it would suck to get killed ASAP". First of all, if he was on the town side, he would not have said that. Second, HE HAS A SUICIDAL ROLE (or so he claims) so why the hell would he want to "Stay alive as long as possible"? Lastly, that is exactly what an independent would want - To just stay alive AND for "You townies to just forget about me".

I am just about ready to vote for egruntz. It depends on how he responds. Then I'll decide.
Lombardi, i think you are absolutely right, why would he want to live as long as he could if his role is one of a suicidal. I think you have found the contradiction <3 has been talking about.
I'm going to wait to see egruntz defend himself, although i can't really see any counter arguments. So egruntz, i'm waiting for your defense.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
Egruntz...I'm starting to find you more and more suspicious.
I originally was annoyed because the whole town as talking about either you or lombardi when I was convinced that both of you were town, and I really wanted everyone else to see how badly we needed to kill smashbot.
However, reading all of your other posts you really remind me of myself in trigun mafia. (I made really bad decisions. Granted, I WAS town, but that in itself holds no bearing to the game at hand) you are not helping the town, but rather throwing us into even more confusion.
You're looking more and more suspicious to me. I may even not vote for smashbot. *gasp*

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
I dont really think "you townies" is reason enough to lynch Ergruntz. I think we did something like that with Dr_Twist in SPM, and that was a disaster. If we were given a deadline right now I'd definitely advocate the death of Smashbot. (is that his name?)

I dont think Ergruntz has a restriction of posting a line from 300. He was just giving out hints to who he was in the hope that the mafia would consider him a threat. :( But we started voting on him which made him panic. Now he has a new plan in which he is seemingly un-nightkillable. :/

DiamondFalcon

Smash Journeyman
First off, I agree that lynching someone who we most suspect to be mafia is the best option, since it will give us more info on affiliations, and give us something to look for in the morning post, while a No lynch wouldn't.
Also, I don't think egruntz is the smartest choice. If what he says is true, we will most likely lose a townie. He's probably not mafia by the way that he claimed without any reason to, and if he's Leonidas, he's most likely not independent either (I've read Gates of Fire, he is a suicidal power townie type character). Of course, we should keep an eye on him, especially since he's probably gonna live for a while granted the mafia believe his claim, but I don't think we will get much more out of him, aside from him firmly stating that he is Leonidas (another reason to keep an eye on him).

Also, I probably won't be on tomorrow, so have a Merry Christmas!

Florida

イーグランツ

*People get on his tail*

I've already been through all this, and I don't feel like repeating myself.
Lynch me if you feel you must, but I assure you the town will pay for it in the end.

@smashman
Nice comeback, mate.

Wikipedia

Smash Lord
Seriously I'm not going to be voting for egruntz I don't want to risk being "taken down with him". Either egruntz is a genius and is just setting up a scheme to make it so no one will kill him or he is a way over powered townie. Either way, we should just keep him alive. There is no way that he will win if he is independent because he can't kill anyone, as far as we know.

Mr.Lombardi34

Smash Ace
Although some people think you are innocent, I really have my doubts about you, egruntz.

Here is the thing. If the mafia are cautious enough (Which I think they are) not to kill you at night, and lynching you could hurt townies, how are you supposed to help us EVEN IF you are telling the truth (Which I don't think you are)?

Florida

イーグランツ
Although some people think you are innocent, I really have my doubts about you, egruntz.

Here is the thing. If the mafia are cautious enough (Which I think they are) not to kill you at night, and lynching you could hurt townies, how are you supposed to help us EVEN IF you are telling the truth (Which I don't think you are)?
Isn't warning you townies not to lynch me if it means possible death toward the town good enough help as it is? Really, I've shared my entire role with you guys. Sure you don't have to believe me, but you'll only be wasting your time if you continue to speculate what I am.

The mafia can still choose to believe that I am bluffing, thus fixing the mistake I've made. Though, seeing that isn't likely, I'll take what options I have left; which is staying alive as long as possible, and continuing to hunt down the mafia.

Flipstar

Smash Journeyman
^.^

The way I see it, the only way I can truly lose at this game, is if I'm lynched.
Lynch me if you must, but don't just base your theories off of my "stupiditiy". I could seriously help you people out here.
Looking through egruntz's posts, i found this
I think this post kind of makes egruntz story make sense, because if he is lynched, his role will not come to use, and it will be wasted, thus lynching him will truly be a loss for the town. So right now i totally believe egruntz's story, for now anyway. I'll still be watching him, but his story checks out.

Florida

イーグランツ
Looking through egruntz's posts, i found this
I think this post kind of makes egruntz story make sense, because if he is lynched, his role will not come to use, and it will be wasted, thus lynching him will truly be a loss for the town. So right now i totally believe egruntz's story, for now anyway. I'll still be watching him, but his story checks out.
Not meaning to offend you, but this is the second time you've said this.
Really, if you believe me story, stop trying so hard to crack me down.

smashman90

Smash Lord
You're kinda wrong there Lombardi, the Mafia would probably have tried to talk us into lynching egruntz(assuming he's town) or they would defend him(assuming he's mafia).

Did I just defend egruntz there?

Anywho, I think I will lay off of egruntz for now. I still have suspicions about him mind you, but I fear the possibility that he could be telling the truth and if he is telling the truth then I don't want him lynched because of the fact that we could lose valuble allies. I was ready to vote on him, but then I thought of the possbility that there could be more than one person that could get killed too. And I wouldn't want anybody else to take me lead and get him lynched and get possibly more people dead.

spam_master

Smash Rookie
I'm not gonna vote for egruntz today, but this whole argument is alomst a carbon copy of day two in SPMII with agentli, and he turned out to be the god father.

In related news, what's everybodies alignment? Oh, but post it in spoiler tags and eor will only let me see.

Top Bottom