• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Eor's Hellhouse Mafia - Night 2 (totally cancelled)

Wikipedia

Smash Lord
It is quite a big thread, I'm still on page 12 and I need to get to page 18.

But in the mean time, can you explain how the doctor gave away his role and who it is? Link me to the post please.

Wikipedia

Smash Lord
So I can be involved in the conversation now. Are you saying that no one should link back to a post they are referring to?

Wikipedia

Smash Lord
Our doctor (if he is that) has given away his role thanks to the efforts of Medi and a few other members so we can forget about preserving smart players. Mafia isn't going to sit a twiddle their thumbs like people seem to think...
Odd, that contradicts what TMW says that the mafia will be targeting the lurkers so it doesn't give us information.

So which is it?

Oh wait, is it possible that no one knows what the mafia is going to do unless you are the mafia?

GameFreaking

BRoomer
BRoomer
Well in a normal situation most people would have been caught up on their reading so no, it's ok to post links.

but you see what you just did right?

<3: Hey yall need to read more.

Wikipedia: Im still reading, but until I get to that part, save me the trouble of finding it and give me the link.

I dunno, he may or may not give you the link. But you see what I'm saying right?

Wikipedia

Smash Lord
How am I going to find it if I don't know what I'm looking for. Trust me, I hate depending on people for this kind of stuff but I just have no clue what I'm looking for.

I have one person saying a doctor never role claimed and I have <3 saying he did. He should back up his claim.

I'm confident that I am not a stupid person and I am confident most people don't think of me as such. I have no problem admitting that I'm still reading this thread that I came 19 pages and 12 posts late in, not to mention I joined just 5 days ago with major holidays in the way.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
If you were mafia would you take a shot in the dark or hit a strong known enemy? Of course the answer differs from person to person, since Lombardi has already proven mafia or not that he is willing to do anything to stay in the game, it may be better for them to just keep him around and tell him what to think and do.

Lombardi claimed to be Jesus who can protect users from night abilities. Keep reading you'll get to it.

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
Jesus, as described, is not a real doctor role.

He could only protect people twice, at most, before dying for good and being out of the game entirely. That's not really a doctor role. I'm willing to bet that there's another, real doctor role in the game, simply because the game is large enough to warrant it.

I find it unlikely that Eor would make only one doctor role that could only save two people. That's much too advantageous for the mafia.

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
By the way, I am not saying that Jesus is a worthless role, or that being able to save two people is a worthless ability, but it is by no means a true doctor role.

Wikipedia

Smash Lord
I don't know if you guys can clear this up or if Lambordi should answer; does he just get two opportunities to save people or does he get two successful saves?

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
And like I said before one person, Mediocre, has answered one of my questions, ever. I'm not insisting that all of my questions be answered, I'd just like to use them to get answers.
Post these questions again. I'll answer them if I see no harm in it.
Besides, chances are that he isn't mafia since he is being stupid and most of the time, mafia members are smart people.
No, the mafia was probably chosen via a randomizer. There's no intelligence involved.

tmw_redcell

ULTRA GORGEOUS
BRoomer
I don't know if you guys can clear this up or if Lambordi should answer; does he just get two opportunities to save people or does he get two successful saves?
He's like a bodyguard, I think. He dies when he saves someone, but after his first save he is resurrected.

DiamondFalcon

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, that's how I see it, a resurrecting bodyguard. There ought to be another doctor out there, but it won't help much discussing it, as it may put him in danger.

ender

open your parachute
BRoomer
well also from what i remember jesus can only come back once and only if its from dying for someone else. if he gets killed or already saves someone he wont come back

camo-man

Smash Cadet
Darn it... common beat me to saying that mafia are chosen at random. >:O

And <3, just because some of us post like we haven't read doesn't mean we haven't read the stuff...

>_>
<_<

*runs away after lame excuse*
...in America

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Yes it is. It was started up at another forum (Tohokingdom). We would keep putting "In America" at the end of each post pretty much. . . In America.

Also, KevinM why the hell did you vote on smashbot? Just because he gives you suspicious vibes and he does a lot of stupid things doesn't mean that he is worth voting for. Besides, chances are that he isn't mafia since he is being stupid and most of the time, mafia members are smart people. So unless smashbot is acting stupid, I kinda doubt that he is mafia. You could've FOS him or something but I don't think that it was necessary to vote on him yet.

Btw, sorry if I haven't been active or have been skimming through here. I've been busy doing other stuff. . .In America!
Read my post before, i don't really need to say exactly what i said. You haven't read much lately have you lol <3

You did say you skimmed though so literally look at my last post :]

ender

open your parachute
BRoomer
Dang it, how did I miss Lombardi's claim?
what?
how did you miss that part? that was a very important part of the game and like 1/3rd of the important things that have happened so far.

I think the holidays are keeping people away/making people forget this game exists. I know I forgot all about it for like three days.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
vote smashbot

I just read like 6+ pages and I noticed we have a lot of players dropping out.(lonejedi XD) I really think we need to move forward to keep this game alive. I'm adding my vote to Kevins and placing it on smashbot.

spam_master

Smash Rookie
People don't read. Camo-man, Egruntz, Smashman, Dukepedia, Lombardi, etc. many people have proven and keep proving they don't read this thread. And like I said before one person, Mediocre, has answered one of my questions, ever. I'm not insisting that all of my questions be answered, I'd just like to use them to get answers. And as we have proven you can address multiple topics in one post, you'd have to be arguing against answering a question to get stuck on it as a topic.
LAL

Unvote: Ligolski
Vote: <3

No matter what he say's he was "trying out" all he was doing was confusing the town. He has caused strict division of opinion and has misdirected the town by presenting us with false evidence. I don't know how long he has been talking in the first person but I just realized the switch. This is a textbook example of the perfect day one lynch, and a textbook example of a Lynch All Liers scenario.

smashman90

Smash Lord
<3 has questions. Since everyone else refuses to ask them <3 will.
Who are the top 7 people you suspect? Why?
After reading <3’s post would you like to try TMW’s plan? Why or why not?
If you were mafia who would you kill tonight? Why?
If you were mafia who is the one none mafia member(not on your suspect) list you’d be sure to keep alive? Why?
How do you like the game so far?
<3, are these some of the questions you were wanting everybody to answer? If so, do I get a cookie for rereading? :chuckle:Anyways, I will answer some of these questions now. I will try to answer the rest later.

If you were mafia who would you kill tonight? Why?
If I was mafia, I would probably nightkill frozenflame(assuming he isn't mafia) just to keep the tradition going. lol. Although I would probably have <3 as another choice for a nightkill since he's one of the most competent(sp) people here.

Who are the top 7 people you suspect? Why?
1. The lurkers/inactives like Mic, Riciardos, and frozenflame. They wouldn't be on my list if they started posting more and trying to get into conversations. Heck, I wouldn't mind if they even started posting like smashbot just as long as they start posting more. It kinda worries me that they hardly post, they could just sweep in at any moment and hammer somebody.
2. Pythag, he hasn't posted much and when he does, he always wants people to lynch smashbot. It makes me wonder about him.
3. Lombardi, that JC role claim kinda made me suspicious of him. It just doesn't sit right with me and I bet that I am not the only one who thinks that too.
4. Egruntz, it still makes me laugh when he posted that after he reread his role, he found out that anybody that lynches/nighkills him gets killed as well. It makes me very suspicious of him.

I think that is everybody on my suspect list for now. Sorry for putting the lurkers/inactives in my suspect list but I just wanted to put them in all as a group instead of putting them in individually.

If you were mafia who is the one none mafia member(not on your suspect) list you’d be sure to keep alive? Why?
Did you mean "non" instead of "none"?

If so, then I would say would one of the less competent players so that I could manipulate them easily.

How do you like the game so far?
I like mafia games in general, but I kinda dislike this specific one. There is so many possibilities for roles and characters that it kinda makes it hard to find out who's telling the truth or lying. Although I like the idea that we have roles based on people on smashboards, this can be a problem. We don't know how many smashboard characters there are, but chances are they are well known characters like Scav, McFox, commonyoshi, Tera, etc. I am kinda surprised that nobody has tried focusing on the smashboards characters yet.

Also, I can't help but laugh at this:

Eor doesn't know the difference between 29 and 30

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
So Spam makes a brilliant breakthrough...and proves that <3 is in effect a "liar".
About his role yes, but does this really mean he isn't town?
man, I can't believe I'm about to do this, but I would maintain that <3 may still in fact be town.
I understand that it's custom for the mafia to act as town, but what has been the point of <3's ruse?
To root out those that aren't serious about playing. Those who aren't going to pay attention.
Wouldn't the mafia truly wish to keep these people playing? How on earth would it be beneficial for the mafia to try to prove that some people aren't playing the game?

And smashman, I find it interesting that you find me more suspicious than smashbot.
I have posted more than him, and stayed consistent in my argument.

He has posted maybe 5 times and not provided any useful information regarding himself or what he's even thinking.
I'm clearly the more suspicious one.

DiamondFalcon

Smash Journeyman
Whoa, I didn't even notice that <3 slipped up. I guess we should wait to hear from him before lynching him though, because it's possible that he honestly slipped up and will be punished by Eor for breaking his role restriction.

tmw_redcell

ULTRA GORGEOUS
BRoomer
Whoa, I didn't even notice that <3 slipped up. I guess we should wait to hear from him before lynching him though, because it's possible that he honestly slipped up and will be punished by Eor for breaking his role restriction.
He has slipped up before, but he noticed it sooner.

camo-man

Smash Cadet
Wasn't <3 already suspicious for being Tera or something because he kept referring to himself in third person? If that was going to come, why would he do it in the first place?

Right now, I'm just thinking it's a slip-up, but yea. Moar FoS on <3.

As for his questions, I'll answer some of them.
If you were mafia who would you kill tonight? Why? An inactive so the town has no lead.
If you were mafia who is the one none mafia member(not on your suspect) list you'd be sure to keep alive?Why? The smart people so the rest of the people will be like "what the hell, why aren't you dead yet?" Or the followers.
How do you like the game so far? Too serious. Some people need to lighten up. >_> I've got a list of three names, but I'll keep that to myself lolk.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
I've decided to ask to become as a replacement.

I kept my promise..
You cannot be a replacement unless the current holder of your old role drops out, and even then you'll be at the bottom of the list. I can't have somebody in the game with knowledge of two roles when they should only have knowledge of one.

smashman90

Smash Lord
So Spam makes a brilliant breakthrough...and proves that <3 is in effect a "liar".
About his role yes, but does this really mean he isn't town?
man, I can't believe I'm about to do this, but I would maintain that <3 may still in fact be town.
I understand that it's custom for the mafia to act as town, but what has been the point of <3's ruse?
To root out those that aren't serious about playing. Those who aren't going to pay attention.
Wouldn't the mafia truly wish to keep these people playing? How on earth would it be beneficial for the mafia to try to prove that some people aren't playing the game?
I think that <3's plan(if mafia), was asking those questions to us to try and figure out their next moves. So it might be a wise idea to not answer his questions for now, until we can prove he is a townie. <3 was probably just trying to make himself look townie(if he is mafia of course).

But yeah, we have only proven that he hasn't always spoken in the 3rd. person. Which means, that either:

a). He lied about his role
b). Did it on accident

But then again, he could still be a townie(as pythag mentioned earlier) regardless of role.

And smashman, I find it interesting that you find me more suspicious than smashbot.
I have posted more than him, and stayed consistent in my argument.

He has posted maybe 5 times and not provided any useful information regarding himself or what he's even thinking.
I'm clearly the more suspicious one.

You just seemed to go after smashbot in a kinda aggresive way imo, which kinda bugged me so that's why I had you on my list. But if you didn't notice, I said that was my suspect list for now meaning that it can change later on. So you shouldn't worry about smashbot not being on my list yet. Heck, you probably shouldn't worry about yourself being on my list just as long you don't seem aggresive towards anybody. I just hope that you don't have me prove it that you have acted sorta aggresive towards smashbot.

And smashbot, please start posting more intelligently and please start being useful. You haven't useful provided any info to the town. If the reason that you are posting stupidly is because of your role than you better say it now or people might try to vote on you for pure stupidity(lame reason, well maybe but you brought it on yourself). Heck I have contemplated voting on you for constantly saying such stupid things and I normally don't vote on people for a reason like that.

Also, we need to do something about those lurkers/inactives to get them active again.

spam_master

Smash Rookie
Seriously? I understand you wanting to wait for him too respond, but whatever the real reason was he is either going to say that it was an accident, he was only required to post that way so many times, or claim a diffrent role and give some wild reason why he tried to hide it. I think that he decided early game that because of the ambiguity of the characters involved he could simply pick a character that would be characteristcly town and come up with a role restriction that was obvious to the town but only made sense when he finally claimed his role late game to remove suspicion on himself. I've actually done this in other games, for instance in trigun mafia I made sure to say the word meow every day so that late game I could claim as the cat, unfortunately someon had the character I wanted.

This is the best lynch were gonna get, the probability of him lying is very high seeing as how he didn't just mess up one subject, but all of them, instead of just slipping up on one single word. And, opinions of him have been fairly polar so that depending on whether he is town or not we will discern a significant amount of information.

He's obviously not going to say that we caught him and congratulate us on finding our first mafia, so I would suggest taking anything he says with an exceptionally large boulder of salt. In fact I think the more people that defend him right now the more likely that he is mafia (I'm not saying that if you defend him your mafia, just that more people would defend him in addition to the townies who trust him).

And as for the possibility of him still being a town role, I sight a well known early game strategy commonly known as "Lynch All Liers", as I'm sure you can tell it involves lynching anybody who is probably lying. Townies should never lie as all it does is confuse the other townies and it is in an inviroment of confusion that the mafia thrives. I'm gonna go ahead and say that there is a 60% chance that <3 was lying in which case we should lynch him no matter what he says, and a 40% chance he messed up. Those odds are the best odds I've ever had on day one, and probably the best for anyone here.

camo-man

Smash Cadet
I think that he decided early game that because of the ambiguity of the characters involved he could simply pick a character that would be characteristcly town and come up with a role restriction that was obvious to the town but only made sense when he finally claimed his role late game to remove suspicion on himself.
But the problem with this is that he picked a restriction that got him suspected of early on as Tera or someone from DeathNote that I don't remember, both of whom are anti-town and one character from somewhere that is town. The role restriction he picked therefore was not "obviously town"

And as for the possibility of him still being a town role, I sight a well known early game strategy commonly known as "Lynch All Liers", as I'm sure you can tell it involves lynching anybody who is probably lying. Townies should never lie as all it does is confuse the other townies and it is in an inviroment of confusion that the mafia thrives. I'm gonna go ahead and say that there is a 60% chance that <3 was lying in which case we should lynch him no matter what he says, and a 40% chance he messed up. Those odds are the best odds I've ever had on day one, and probably the best for anyone here.
I think this argument is pretty strong for Day 1, because we do not have any prior information.

I want to hear his defense before voting though, just in case it takes less number of votes to lynch or something.

Mr.Lombardi34

Smash Ace
I'm not too sure. It seems odd that someone like <3 would so blatently mess up on EVERYTHING in the paragraph if it restricts his role. He's all "Read thouroghly, take it serious". But if he WAS lying, why would he just stop talking like that?

If he has a defense, we judge from that. If the defense sucks, we lynch him, if it is convincing, we should just go ahead and go for smashbot, because we aren't going to do any better than we have on day 1.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
No matter how you look at it, wether <3 really did have a restriction or if he's been lying the whole time, there's no other explaination for him speaking in first person other than a slip of the mouth/fingers. If he has a restriction then he obviously messed up. If he doesn't and has been lying he has still obviously messed up because there's no reason he should give up on his fabricated role so easily. That'd make him look scummy.

So voting on <3 for this slip, and yes, it is a slip, would be dumb because nothing has changed. If you believed his restriction before, nothing has changed. Why vote for him. If you didn't, then this slip still changes nothing as it really is a slip no matter the circumstances. If you want to vote for him then fine. Using this as the reason, however, shouldn't cut it.

Unless someone gives clear reasons to lynch <3 without the whole first person thing I dont see myself voting for him. Smashbot all the way.
Code:
[b]Who are the top 7 people you suspect? Why?[/b]
KevinM, innactive, innactive, innactive, innactive, innactive, innactive.
I dont want to say why.

[b]After reading <3’s post would you like to try TMW’s plan? Why or why not?[/b]
I dont recall any plan so... no. :/

[b]If you were mafia who would you kill tonight? Why?[/b]
Someone who talks a lot. Take your pick.

[b]If you were mafia who is the one none mafia member(not on your suspect) list you’d 
be sure to keep alive? Why?[/b]
Jesus, because it would be blasphemous to attack him.

[b]How do you like the game so far?[/b]
My role alone is enough for me to like this game.

GameFreaking

BRoomer
BRoomer
I dont want to vote for <3 either. wether he is mafia or townie, he has made this game somewhat exciting, and for that I will keep him around until I see his true colors. for all I know he could prove to be a valuable ally, or a dirty mafia man, so until further evidence arises I still say NO LYNCH.

however, I would like to congragulate spam master on his find.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
So we're voting on people because they slipped up and didn't talk in third person.. because you know.. its **** near impossible to forget to talk in third person when you don't do it all the time.

Keep in mind i'm not defending him, but look at what Common said... there should be more a reason than that to defend him.

Aww Common i'm the only non-inactive on your list.. should i feel special? :)

Unvote:Smashbot
UBER UBER UBER UBER FOS: Spam

Top Bottom