• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Eor's Hellhouse Mafia - Night 2 (totally cancelled)

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
You know, if egruntz was willing to cast the final vote on himself, we would have a solution to this problem so that if he was a townie, his lynch wouldn't hurt the town more than any other would. A real town player would be willing to cast the final vote for themself in this situation, because otherwise the town would probably just lose two players instead of one.

You'll notice that I'm still not voting for egruntz, and I'd like to discourage lynching him right now. We definitely need to discuss this a lot more before taking any kind of irreversible action. I'm just pointing out that even if he is telling the truth, there's no reason that two townies have to die when we lynch him.

egruntz, I'd ask you not to consent to this plan right now, because I feel that if you did it might precipitate your lynch, but I felt that everyone should be aware that this is a viable option.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
I'd also like to point out that egruntz constantly refers to the general public as "you townies" as the subjective and "us townies" in the objective. Which is it? You have pretty much told us your role, egruntz, but you are keeping pieces of it from us? Why are you doing that? You're mindgaming nobody and frustrating me. Hopefully others feel the same way.

You're the topic of a huge chunk of our conversations. You don't like it ("guys, seriously, forget about me!" seems not to work, huh? probably because you're posting it, which makes us think about you. and its a suspicious and ridiculous notion, anyways.), but its happening. Why don't you fill us all in, and roleclaim in the manner that Mr. Lombardi did instead of giving us a half-***** one that has us bickering over what-ifs?

The way he did it, it seemed like he just copy and pasted it from his initial knowledge, emboldened name and all. Why won't you do that?

Then we would know if you're town aligned or not, and Medi's new, and good, plan could be confirmed or adapted.

And please don't dodge the questions like I've seen you do too often. "I've answered that before!" isn't very flattering when you're in the spotlight.

Rupus

BRoomer
BRoomer
Egruntz said:
^.^

The way I see it, the only way I can truly lose at this game, is if I'm lynched.
Lynch me if you must, but don't just base your theories off of my "stupiditiy". I could seriously help you people out here.
Seeing this post again has made me think.

If he feels that the only way he could lose is to be lynched, surely he'd come up with a plan to stop that happening, right? And that's exactly what has happened.

For everyone else, they can also lose via being killed by the mafia, but Egruntz says that there's only one way for him. Is that because the mafia won't kill him?

And I agree with Tom, if you've revealed so much about your role, why not just say you're town? I'm pretty sure a cop would try and investigate you tonight, anyway.

@ Mediocre, I don't remember him saying that only the final voter suffered. If that WAS the case though, it's certainly an interesting possibility.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Let's just choose a random inactive person (other than me. :)) and lynch 'em. Tis the season, amirite?

I'm not a fan of the cycle going on here.

One person is deemed suspicious, everyone votes except for one person, everyone listens to that person, and then everyone unvotes that suspicious and moves on to the next one... Which is why I honestly think shooting in the dark is the best option we have.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Seriously I'm not going to be voting for egruntz I don't want to risk being "taken down with him". Either egruntz is a genius and is just setting up a scheme to make it so no one will kill him or he is a way over powered townie. Either way, we should just keep him alive. There is no way that he will win if he is independent because he can't kill anyone, as far as we know.
He really wouldn't be a way overpowered townie.. just my two cents on that statement.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Ok fellow town members

I'm placing my vote on Smashbot and its staying there. I've weighed all the options and this is the best play a town can make.

By doing this we only lose one town member either way as I see it.

Think about it do you see smashbot being able to be a powerful late game player?

He's childish, he hasn't contributed, he's lurked and he's done nothing. This isn't a tell tale scum sign, but its the sign of one of the weakest mafia players i've seen. He's not going to help us and he's only going to end up hurting the town. Mafia or not, i believe it's the best choice we have. I urge the town to realize that we have a serious problem with the player no matter his alignment mainly because of his blatantly bad play. Dark Ermac for those who remember seriously messed up the game for the townie by revealing and screwing up his role of double voting. With what i've seen from that, i refuse to let it happen.

Lurking from a weak player is also a scummy sign because it means they are afraid to make posts. If this is because they are afraid to look mafia, or give mafia tells away its not going to help us late game, and thats what i'm looking for. I'm looking at a way to win the game, not to have a bunch of weak players hanging at the end of day 4-5. If the town is to win this we need to keep smart players in, and at this point his lynch is a double-edged sword.

On that note, i feel we need to prod the inactives who have done nothing in this game, and tell them to get active: The people i have written down looking at it offhand include the likes of Mic, OWM, Yeroc, Xsyven (though he is starting to post more thats good), Gamefreak (also an extremely suspicious player more on that another time) and if i counted posts there are a few others but those are the ones i have written down.

They need to get active and start making some of their thoughts known of begin to fall under more suspicion. Gamefreak and OWM of the two i am most wary of as their posting style is both inconsistent and strange.

OWM has voted for various people.. and then unvoted to say he's gathering his thoughts but what strikes me as scummy, is its always on people being discussed, so it never sticks out.. but his posting on the vote and then lurking until the next bandwagon is extremely scummy behavior.

Gamefreak has been an extreme lurker, and the only thing he has done that i'm aware of is post for people to stop arguing, perhaps a weak player, or maybe afraid of people digging deeper?

Egruntz is also high on suspicion but because of his ******** play, i assume he's just either a weak independent, or a very unhelpful townie, we'll find out eventually either way so i'm not in any rush to lynch him on day 1... seeing what happens on night 1 will be interesting.

The fact of the matter is by eighing my options i've seen that the most safe lynch we have is smashbot, because their is not a loss in that lynch. Even if we lose him we haven't lost a true townie imho, he hasn't contributed and apparantly by his posting style has no wishes to contribute to the game. I don't care about his uncle's birthday or who hates him, i merely think he needs to be lynched. This day is stretching into the make a hasty lynch section, and i'm not looking for that. I'm looking for a solid lynch that will benefit the town, and looking back at this... Smashbot is the only one that for now will TRULY benefit the town, no matter the outcome.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
Why is there such a rush to end day one?

Lets take our time and hit a mafia; rather have useless town sitting around in the end than mafia.

Florida

イーグランツ
You know, if egruntz was willing to cast the final vote on himself, we would have a solution to this problem so that if he was a townie, his lynch wouldn't hurt the town more than any other would. A real town player would be willing to cast the final vote for themself in this situation, because otherwise the town would probably just lose two players instead of one.

You'll notice that I'm still not voting for egruntz, and I'd like to discourage lynching him right now. We definitely need to discuss this a lot more before taking any kind of irreversible action. I'm just pointing out that even if he is telling the truth, there's no reason that two townies have to die when we lynch him.

egruntz, I'd ask you not to consent to this plan right now, because I feel that if you did it might precipitate your lynch, but I felt that everyone should be aware that this is a viable option.
There's more options for who'll be killed if I'm lynched, and it's not just necessarily the last or first voters. However, that is indeed an option.

I'd also like to point out that egruntz constantly refers to the general public as "you townies" as the subjective and "us townies" in the objective. Which is it? You have pretty much told us your role, egruntz, but you are keeping pieces of it from us? Why are you doing that? You're mindgaming nobody and frustrating me. Hopefully others feel the same way.

You're the topic of a huge chunk of our conversations. You don't like it ("guys, seriously, forget about me!" seems not to work, huh? probably because you're posting it, which makes us think about you. and its a suspicious and ridiculous notion, anyways.), but its happening. Why don't you fill us all in, and roleclaim in the manner that Mr. Lombardi did instead of giving us a half-***** one that has us bickering over what-ifs?

The way he did it, it seemed like he just copy and pasted it from his initial knowledge, emboldened name and all. Why won't you do that?

Then we would know if you're town aligned or not, and Medi's new, and good, plan could be confirmed or adapted.

And please don't dodge the questions like I've seen you do too often. "I've answered that before!" isn't very flattering when you're in the spotlight.
I'm not hiding anything from you guys, really. It's pretty obvious who I am, you already know my role (except the lynching details-- which I'll be glad to explain), and there's really not much more to tell. The way I word "you townies" is just grammarically correct, right?

"Us townies shouldn't vote for me!"
"You townies shouldn't vote for me!"

Eh...

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer

Lets take our time and hit a mafia; rather have useless town sitting around in the end than mafia.
There is no rush to end day one

I'd rather not have a mafia and 3 weak town players in the end then

2 mafia and 3-4 strong players in the end.

Weigh your options and re-read what i wrote

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
Wasn't talking about you in particular just the community in general. <3 understands what you are saying but disagree. Much rather have bad town players in the end than any mafia, the more town we have the more likely we are to win. Intentionally getting rid of town now is a bad idea.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
Who says smash bot is mafia?

He is one of the other 6+ horrible players. It is improbable that they'd all, if any of them, would indeed be mafia. Being dumb isn't a strong scum tell IMO.

Merry Christmas Hellhouse Comunity.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
I wasn't saying that your grammar was incorrect, egruntz. I was saying that it constantly fluctuates between your inclusion and separation from all the townsfolk. Also, you keep saying you'll give us all other information about your role, but then you don't. I assume you want us to ask you for it? Well, I'm asking for it -- simply because you're causing confusion by providing key details but leaving out specifics.

I agree with KevinM that omegawhitemage's actions have been a bit bandwagonish.

<3, you kind of stopped talking as much. You were very active, and now you seem to have given up hope of a collaborative investigation. =/ I just hope you're still keeping tabs on everyone.

Florida

イーグランツ
Either the first and last people to vote for me are killed if I'm lynched, or I personally get to select the two that die. There you have it.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
<3, you kind of stopped talking as much. You were very active, and now you seem to have given up hope of a collaborative investigation. =/ I just hope you're still keeping tabs on everyone.
yeah... thats almost it exactly. Don't feel like anyone actually wants to play. No one looks for anything unless it is right in front of them. That and <3 has been very busy the last few days, you know, Xmas and all. If no one is reading what is the point in writing? If no one will answer questions why ask them? Lol.

<3 has been doing a lot of reading and rereading. A lot of things <3 had strong faith in were proven. One thing in particular, one <3 had a lot of confidence, in was disproved unless someone made a very big mistake.

It is just disappointing to see such big lack of interest in such a good game...

GameFreaking

BRoomer
BRoomer
Im trying to play. my role, along with others is useless at this point in the game, and there isnt much of anything to spice it up. no one is trying to do much of anything, and everyone is plying it so safe. we need something to discuss so we can lure the mafia out of hiding.

Wikipedia

Smash Lord
my role, along with others is useless at this point in the game

Are you ********? Are you claiming to have an important role? The only role that is "useless" right now is the cop and other night roles.

Way to just tell the mafia that you have an important role.

spam_master

Smash Rookie
Basiclly people are takingthis day too seriously. Ifyou are looking for concrete evidence day one your gonna be out of luck. Literally all information at this point is circumstantial, and frankly I feel like the longer this drags out from now the more players we are going to lose. Day one's occasionally end in finding a mafia but their real purpose is to make people take sides and then to lynch the person that the divide was casued by, and frankly the more I think about the most effective person to lynch right now in every respect is smashbot. Unfortunately I am on a hotel PC where I have to punch the keys as hard a typewriter to type so I will vote and explain my reasoning when I get home on Friday because its gona be long but i will be monitoring the thread just not posting unless I can find a better keyboard.

GameFreaking

BRoomer
BRoomer
Are you ********? Are you claiming to have an important role? The only role that is "useless" right now is the cop and other night roles.

Way to just tell the mafia that you have an important role.

i never said i had an important role, I just said I can't do anything right now. My role isnt really that special. But as of now there isnt much I can do right now.

No need to call names or freak out. It's not like im role claiming or anything. take a breather and try again later.

Wikipedia

Smash Lord
That is definitely not how it came across. You made it seem like you your role does not come into play during the day and that you are only useful at night yadda yadda yadda your girlfriend becomes pregnant.

I just wanted to clarify that you weren't giving up important information and, if you were, that we make it clear to the doctor that he is to protect you.

Ronike

Smash Ace
Well, I decided to come back once more and do a read thru of the last before I go to London, and its a **** good thing I did:

That is definitely not how it came across. You made it seem like you your role does not come into play during the day and that you are only useful at night yadda yadda yadda your girlfriend becomes pregnant.

I just wanted to clarify that you weren't giving up important information and, if you were, that we make it clear to the doctor that he is to protect you.
Nope, thats not how it came across. It came across as he has a bland role. End of discussion. If he had wanted to say that his role wasnt important during the day, thats what he would've said, but all he said was his role wasnt important now. Could mean he has a replacement role or what not.

Then the next part, make it clear that the doctor should protect him? I seem to recall nigh getting lynched in KH mafia for suggesting the same on a much more reasonable ground. You sir are just trying to control the doc and possibly steer it away from who the scum really want to kill.
Uber Fos: Wiki

Ok, now Im really not gonna be here for a week... Man how am I gonna survive without my smash updates...

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Lonejedi replaces Jiano per request. Welcome Lonejedi!

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
I saw nothing wrong with GameFreak's ability thing.
Ergrunz, you're saying that two people will die if you get lynched? Sorry, but I just dont believe you. I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt and say that you're just making stuff up so you dont die, but it would be best for you not to lie. (Eww, that rhy-med.)

I think my vote has been on smashbot since the beginning of the day. I dont see it changing soon.

Wikipedia

Smash Lord
It is a bad idea, in general, to let the mafia know that you have any ability. They are able to pick up on these hints to know who to kill and not to kill at night.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Zantetsu replaces Lonejedi per request. Welcome Zantesu!

ender

open your parachute
BRoomer
lol. lonejedi was in the game for 4 posts and quit?

camo-man

Smash Cadet
I'm pretty sure Eor gave everyone some sort of ability, whether it is an adverse one or not...

And XD at lonejedi... that was fast. >.o

btw, I think that while smashbot may be the best choice so far, we should still give him a reasonable amount of time to defend/claim as needed.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
Just came back, hope everyone had a nice holiday.

Anyway, I was reading through the thread and was relieved to see that someone agreed with me in going after the inactives.

Lurking from a weak player is also a scummy sign because it means they are afraid to make posts. If this is because they are afraid to look mafia, or give mafia tells away its not going to help us late game, and thats what i'm looking for. I'm looking at a way to win the game, not to have a bunch of weak players hanging at the end of day 4-5. If the town is to win this we need to keep smart players in, and at this point his lynch is a double-edged sword.

On that note, i feel we need to prod the inactives who have done nothing in this game, and tell them to get active: The people i have written down looking at it offhand include the likes of Mic, OWM, Yeroc, Xsyven (though he is starting to post more thats good), Gamefreak (also an extremely suspicious player more on that another time) and if i counted posts there are a few others but those are the ones i have written down.
I'd also like to tattletale on frozenflame, who is a very dangerous late-game player, more so than the ones you've named.

Then I read...

Then, I wanted to say something like, "smashbot has just a good of chance of being mafia as a townie, so let's just go through with it", but <3 would have surely responded with something like, "So do you", so I'm at a loss right now.

This is not a, "hey, I might put out something productive after this, so stay tuned" kind of post, because I'm not sure if I will have anything to post after this, so I gave out my first impressions just in case.

I don't think that's true, I mean Eor could've ran out of ideas for abilities and not give some characters any abilities at all.
Smashman, I think that was <3's way of telling Wikipedia to get off it, seeing as he's drawn much more attention to something that most people probably would've missed, or simply wouldn't have even cared about.

Also, smashman, is your location from the yugioh abridged series? I remember watching some of the series (what seems) a while ago.

yeah... thats almost it exactly. Don't feel like anyone actually wants to play. No one looks for anything unless it is right in front of them.
It's more like people like to be discreet about certain things.

If no one is reading what is the point in writing? If no one will answer questions why ask them? Lol.
Everyone is reading. As for your second question, it seems like you want everyone to answer every single question that you have, or you'll just complain about how we don't do so, despite there being other things we are discussing at the time. Plus, if everyone answered your questions, it's likely that people would stop focusing on the discussion at hand and try to eliminate anyone who would dare question their motives.

It is just disappointing to see such big lack of interest in such a good game...
There have been times in this game where I've looked around and wondered, 'did anyone else see that?' too, such as KevinM's quoted post and Wikipedia's heart attack over Gamefreak's "confession". So no, I wouldn't worry about being the only person who reads.

Anyway, I'm all for goading the inactives, but I doubt that a consensus will be reached, as <3's and Mediocre's doubts aren't such that can be disproved on day 1.

So either we do the above mentioned, lynch one of the "suspicious" players(though I doubt anyone will want to touch egruntz after his most recent claim, which I'm glad for because that topic was getting redundant), or continue to talk around in circles.

camo-man

Smash Cadet
Marshigio said:
Also, smashman, is your location from the yugioh abridged series? I remember watching some of the series (what seems) a while ago.
Oh man... I just noticed that... in America. XD

ligolski

Smash Rookie
I am sorry eor but I havt drop out as my current schedule does not allow me to play this with much activty...I wish you all luck

thanks,
ligolski

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
If we lynch intelligent players it goes without saying that the mafia will hit the smart ones... You don't have to be even remotely smart to figure that out.
Our doctor (if he is that) has given away his role thanks to the efforts of Medi and a few other members so we can forget about preserving smart players. Mafia isn't going to sit a twiddle their thumbs like people seem to think...

People don't read. Camo-man, Egruntz, Smashman, Dukepedia, Lombardi, etc. many people have proven and keep proving they don't read this thread. And like I said before one person, Mediocre, has answered one of my questions, ever. I'm not insisting that all of my questions be answered, I'd just like to use them to get answers. And as we have proven you can address multiple topics in one post, you'd have to be arguing against answering a question to get stuck on it as a topic.

smashman90

Smash Lord
Yes it is. It was started up at another forum (Tohokingdom). We would keep putting "In America" at the end of each post pretty much. . . In America.

Also, KevinM why the hell did you vote on smashbot? Just because he gives you suspicious vibes and he does a lot of stupid things doesn't mean that he is worth voting for. Besides, chances are that he isn't mafia since he is being stupid and most of the time, mafia members are smart people. So unless smashbot is acting stupid, I kinda doubt that he is mafia. You could've FOS him or something but I don't think that it was necessary to vote on him yet.

Btw, sorry if I haven't been active or have been skimming through here. I've been busy doing other stuff. . .In America!

Top Bottom