• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Eor's Hellhouse Mafia - Night 2 (totally cancelled)

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
2) What connection links Medi, Wiki, and Kitty? Besides that they rhyme. There has got to be a reason why these three were picked. If we're to assume the mafia is injuring them... someone (<3?) keeps calling Redcell the smartest player, but he wasn't picked.
First thing to come to mind is their high levels of activity. I'm not going to assume that it is all killing abilities. As Handorin pointed out, it could be a thief, among other things.

Maybe more similarities will surface as the Day continues.
<3 said Flipstar wasn't mafia.
Lynch him.
Like Tom said, that really isn't helping anyone out, but your most recent post is interesting.

I have no idea why Yeroc was bothered, other than a townie trying to get rid of the less active players, which would be weird, as there are plenty of people who are less active than he is. Maybe someone just trying to get use out of their role, but made the wrong decision or know things.

Also, someone has been listening to Abbey Road.

Matunas

I'm a monster!
BRoomer
NNID
Matunas
Going back and reading Flipstar's comments I only found a few things.
Vote record: Lombardi, <3, egruntz
Lombardi was during the point when everyone else was jumping all over him. <3 looked like it was more of an excuse to bandwagon. He stated, "OMG SPAM MASTER YOU ARE GOD. THANK YOU FOR LEADING THE WAY" and then voted. egruntz was after everyone had started to vote for him.

He was pro-lynch, but then again what Mafia wouldn't be.

As for why egruntz chose Flipstar. There was some animosity between them earlier in the game. After voting for Flipstar, egruntz said, "You seem to vote on anyone and everyone that others are suspicious of as well. Creating the bandwagon, just for the sake of getting the day through, isn't a wise choice. Even though we only have a few days left, I still think it'd be best to vote for no lynch at all, instead of randomly choosing one of our suspects."

Heres just a little on Flipstar, now back to reading.

smashman90

Smash Lord
Wow Spam master...

Nice scummy play there ey?
Note: I am not trying to defend Spam Master here, but this is starting to annoy the piss out of me and I just want to say my piece.

I see why you may think Spam is scummy when he voted on <3 on day 2 pretty early as he kinda rushed in there with his vote, but it seems like you guys are forgetting that spam was practically on <3's *** near the end of day 1 and trying to build up a case to lynch him. Ya think that might also have something to do with his reason to vote? Either that or he was joke voting, but I kinda doubt that.

Mr.Lombardi34

Smash Ace
Well if flipstar voted for egruntz (Town), me (Town [Don't argue about me now just let me get my point across) and <3. Now, since flip was a bandwagoner, I don't think he would have too much reason to vote for anyone who he was aligned with. Now, that doesn't mean it couldn't have been a little strategy OR the scary thing - A seperate mafia. But then, I also want to do a little recap of my disastrous argument in day one...

My previous theory was that <3 was aligned with KevinM in some way, just from playstyle. KevinM had never attacked or even brought up <3 in an argument, and yet he still tries to sneak in little defenses for <3 all the time.

Once when someone suspected that <3 was misa, KevinM jumped in with the "Can we stop with the death note stuff?" posts. There were a few other examples of his general defending of <3, and the most resent was just now, when spam master voted for <3, Kevin said "Wow Spam...Nice scummy play there" possibly as a way to denote any reason to vote for <3.

Handorin had also been acting in favor of <3, saying that he was intelligent and saying that doctors should protect him.

On the same note, I said earlier that I found it odd that <3, the loudest townie here (or one of them) had not been bruised or effected by any nightroles.

I'm not going to assume anything, I just noticed that my suspicuons of KevinM and <3 being aligned are growing bigger and bigger. Anyone else think this is possible?

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Mr. Lombardi i must point out i like your play style... looking for alliances is good. I can assure you though my reason for calling spam out is not for <3's defense but because of my own suspicions of spam being solidified.

Think about it, <3 makes a joke about bad logic.. and Spam goes.. yeah bad logic and votes for him.

He's just looking for a reason to vote at that point.

smashman90

Smash Lord
Mr. Lombardi i must point out i like your play style... looking for alliances is good. I can assure you though my reason for calling spam out is not for <3's defense but because of my own suspicions of spam being solidified.
Yeah, way to go Lombardi. *whistles, cheering for lombardi*

Think about it, <3 makes a joke about bad logic.. and Spam goes.. yeah bad logic and votes for him.
I was also thinking that maybe he was just taking this game a little too seriously.

Mr.Lombardi34

Smash Ace
I can assure you though my reason for calling spam out is not for <3's defense but because of my own suspicions of spam being solidified.

He's just looking for a reason to vote at that point.
Is that your only reason for voting him? Because spam was ready to wage all out war on <3 at the end of day one, so I don't think it was <3's joke that set him off.

On the other hand, by "My suspicions of him being solidified" what were your suspicions?

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
If you ask me i think kira is most likely leader of the mafia, not an independent. Reason being, is that in the anime and manga,, Kira doesn't do all the killing, he has allies like Ryuk, Misa, Mikami, and Takada(is that the name?). For some reason it just makes more sense that he's the "godfather" of the mafia and not just an independent.
Flipstar's "theory" on why Kira woudl be the leader of the mafia. After seeing this, I have more reason to believe that he was the leader of the mafia.

I'm actually afraid to say if i'm the "phrase", because i'm wary of <3's abilities. I'd of course be glad to say the phrase if nothing happens to the people who have said it at night, but right now i must simply refuse to not do it. I'm really suspicious of <3, i don't really understand the point of us saying the "phrase", but then again he may have an ability to tell truth from lies. I'm suspicious of <3's idea, and i'm not going to risk myself getting killed just to say the "phrase"
Flipstar's reasoning for why he wouldn't say, "I am town aligned."

OMG SPAM MASTER YOU ARE GOD. THANK YOU FOR LEADING THE WAY

vote: <3
What the hell. Why did nobody comment on this until after Flipstar died.

Buster Wolf
I love you forever. I go to smash tournaments wearing Terry's Fatal Fury hat, and I constantly shout Buster Wolf and Crack Shoot and **** like that.

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
I might as well start off by saying that, just like the rest of the people that have bruises, I have no idea what it means. I hope it's not some mark of death, because that would really suck. My guess is that it either signifies a failed attempt on our lives, or has to do with a specific role ability that was used on us three.

Does anyone have any idea of any character from fiction who bruises people as part of his modus operandi? I fished around in my head and couldn't think of any, and it's not exactly the type of thing that can easily be found on the internet, so I'm hoping somebody has better luck than me.

After seeing this, I have more reason to believe that he was the leader of the mafia.
I have trouble believing that Kira is involved in the mafia for one specific reason. In the anime and the manga, Kira's goal is to eliminate crime and corruption by killing off all those who commit crimes. The mafia, both in real life and in this game, is a decidedly criminal organization.

I also think Kira is unlikely to be town, because he is willing to sacrifice innocents to achieve his goal, and because he plans to become the "God of the new world", a goal the town side in a mafia game would most likely be opposed to.

So, while it's not impossible Kira is aligned with either side, I personally think it's far more likely that he is an independent.

tmw_redcell

ULTRA GORGEOUS
BRoomer
I would say that the three bruised guys are victims of one attacker, or whatever. In a game with such wildly different characters, I don't think there will be three separate roles that do the same thing.

I've tried searching for characters that bruise, but I only get results about football in reference to "bruisers." I have no idea what the bruises mean. Maybe it's really nothing, and Yeroc got drunk and hit you because he loves you.

With a miller dead, and a mafia who was probably the godfather dead, cop investigations should be pretty reliable now, right?

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
I'm sorry, I should have been more specific!

Mediocre, I did not mean to say that I have more reason to believe that Kira is the leader of the mafia. I meant to say that I have more reason to believe that Heimie (Flipstar) was the leader, because of his illogical reasoning as to why Kira would be the godfather. Its like a bad coverup.

Redcell, woah woah man hold on a second. I don't think we have any reason to believe that Yeroc's hangover and the bruises have anything to do with each other. I don't think we should immediately say that he got drunk and "hit" people, bruising them. There are a lot of people in this game; there are enough roles that could be active at night to say that someone (himself or a bartender) got Yeroc drunk, and someone else bruised people.

tmw_redcell

ULTRA GORGEOUS
BRoomer
Redcell, woah woah man hold on a second. I don't think we have any reason to believe that Yeroc's hangover and the bruises have anything to do with each other. I don't think we should immediately say that he got drunk and "hit" people, bruising them. There are a lot of people in this game; there are enough roles that could be active at night to say that someone (himself or a bartender) got Yeroc drunk, and someone else bruised people.
Obviously there are a ton of possibilities. It's just that it's my favourite.

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
I would say that the three bruised guys are victims of one attacker, or whatever. In a game with such wildly different characters, I don't think there will be three separate roles that do the same thing.
I agree with this, but I was not suggesting what you seem to think I was suggesting.

Personally, I find it improbable, but not inconceivable, that there are three people with killing roles in this game, and that these three people targeted Meowkitty007, Wikipedia and myself, but were somehow prevented from actually killing us. Perhaps in this particular mafia game, a failed attempt on someone's life leaves a bruise.

I will admit that this hypothesis does not have much evidence behind it, but I believe it is at least plausible. I don't think it should be given much thought or discussion, but I think that it's a possibility that should be kept in mind as more facts come to light.

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
I'm sorry, I should have been more specific!

Mediocre, I did not mean to say that I have more reason to believe that Kira is the leader of the mafia. I meant to say that I have more reason to believe that Heimie (Flipstar) was the leader, because of his illogical reasoning as to why Kira would be the godfather. Its like a bad coverup.
No, it was quite clear what your intent was. I simply wasn't reading closely enough, and I misunderstood you.

tmw_redcell

ULTRA GORGEOUS
BRoomer
That would be pretty weird. When Egruntz went out, we got plenty of specific details on the spearings and the corpses. But yeah, it's possible.

Matunas

I'm a monster!
BRoomer
NNID
Matunas
Just to let you know tmw I replaced Riciardos.

Assuming Flipstar was the godfather, is it possible that by losing him the mafia was punished and unable to make a night kill? This is my first game, but from reading things around the net some sights refer to the godfather having to turn in the kill. Now whether or not that is the case in this game I don't know.

I do wonder what the deal with the bruises are. I couldn't find any direct link to Mediocre, Meowkitty, or Wiki. However I do agree that it is most likely a single person who was responsible. For some reason though this reminded me of Dogma and the three demon skater kids beating up God. So just out of curiosity is it possible that there could be people out there who have the power to work with others, or that their abilities function together? I know that this could render them useless if one of them was killed, but with the nature of this game, and the infinite possibilities of roles, I was just curious if this had been in any games before.

What bothers me though is why Yeroc? I don't feel that he is linked to the other three, but who or what kind of role can target him in that manner? And even with the power to not make him vote, why him?

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
What bothers me though is why Yeroc? I don't feel that he is linked to the other three, but who or what kind of role can target him in that manner? And even with the power to not make him vote, why him?
None of it makes sense to me, honestly. I don't see any particular relationship or connection between me, Wikipedia and Meowkitty007, so I'm quite perplexed by the entire situation.

Yeroc's drunken, non-voting state is just as confusing, but it leaves fewer clues behind, because there was only one victim. That makes it much more difficult to draw connections.

Rupus

BRoomer
BRoomer
We all have three vowels in our names, but that's all I can think of.

Also, you can all call me Meow if it saves time.

I'm also curious about what Smashbot said. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought the point of a miller was that you didn't know you were a miller?

Handorin

Smash Hero
I received a PM about the nights activities, though it was decidedly vague. My guess, from what I was told, is that while the role in question maybe isn't so much a "bartender," but otherwise you may well be on the right track. Keep in mind that I wasn't expressly told there was definitely another person involved in this.
I know this was awhile ago, but I thought it might be good to bring it back up. Yeroc, is there anything else that it said, or would you mind trying to make it as word for word as possible? It might not reveal anything more, but it's worth a try.

Tom said:
I think it could be possible if there is indeed a bartender role and he could invite 4 people to it. Did the 3 who got attacked recieve any sort of PM? If not, then you are probably right, but the possibilities are endless.

Yeroc

Theory Coder
BRoomer
I can try, but I'm not sure how much nearer to the actual PM I can get because I already tried to give you all the gist of what was said.

Pretty much, it says the night was proceeding normally for me at first, then my memory gets hazy on the later details. It says I sort of remember I was speaking and drinking with somebody at a bar, but nothing about how I came to be in the situation.

At this point I can only guess at the cause, and currently I'm inclined to think similarly to you all that it may have been someone else's ability. I can only assume that if it were an effect of my own, I'd have been given advance warning of this consequence.

smashman90

Smash Lord
Sorry if I start up another "Death Note" fiasco or whatever you want to call it, but I kinda realized another possibility after watching last nights episode and I wanted to bring it out to see what everybody thinks of it. Here is the post that kinda started up my theory:

my role also has a huge draw back upon activation.
Earlier in the game, some of us has suspected <3 of being Misa/Kira. In the anime/manga, Misa was given the shinigami eyes at the cost of half of her lifespan. If <3 is Misa, then maybe <3 can gain the ability of the shinigami eyes at the cost like it takes half as many votes to take him down or something.

The only problem I noticed with this scenario is that if <3 is Misa and is also Kira and can get shinigami eyes, then that would make <3 overpowered and I doubt Eor would let such a thing happen. Unless the power of being overpowered in Trigun mafia went to his head and made him insane and mad with power. lol

But remember, this is just a theory and a sorta bad one at that, imo. This hasn't been proven yet. And if any of you guys blindly believe in what I am saying then I will lose all respect for you and punch you. But if I am right or partially right, then I will lmao and I will probably still punch you.lol

Handorin

Smash Hero
Pretty much, it says the night was proceeding normally for me at first, then my memory gets hazy on the later details. It says I sort of remember I was speaking and drinking with somebody at a bar, but nothing about how I came to be in the situation.
Hmm that helps a bit, but also opens up another whole set of questions. Who would speak to Yeroc (or anyone), and why would the want to speak to them? Well, a detective figure would definetly speak to others to find out about them and/or to find a specific person. If Kira is in the game, why wouldn't L? L is the best detective in the world and would be searching for Kira/Light. But why would a detective or L do that work at a bar? So this leads me to believe Kira and possibly L are independants, like previously stated.

Medi said:
I have trouble believing that Kira is involved in the mafia for one specific reason. In the anime and the manga, Kira's goal is to eliminate crime and corruption by killing off all those who commit crimes. The mafia, both in real life and in this game, is a decidedly criminal organization.

I also think Kira is unlikely to be town, because he is willing to sacrifice innocents to achieve his goal, and because he plans to become the "God of the new world", a goal the town side in a mafia game would most likely be opposed to.

So, while it's not impossible Kira is aligned with either side, I personally think it's far more likely that he is an independent.
Also in the manga, Light constantly searched for L and vice versa. In this game it is possible that Kira can't kill others until he finds L, and if he does that he becomes a vigilante type role and tries to kill the criminals (mafia). So that's why we might have more deaths than we do if we tie it in with my "general role theory." If someone's role is just "Bartender", that has no name and he technically shouldnt be able to die, while the Mafia in this game do have specific names. We saw that Flipstar was Heimie, so why wouldnt the rest have "bad guy" names?

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
Smashman, I really like your theory about Misa.

I might as well share my opinion on the bruises. My character uses his abilities by hitting people. Unfortunately, someone used a night ability on me last night, making me procrastinate and forget about my job (any character ideas on this ability?), so I have absolutely no idea if the person I target would get bruised like Wiki, Medi, and Meow did. Perhaps there are more people like me who hit people and leave signs of violence. Just a thought. I have no idea why all three of them failed though.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Wait... what? Can you be more clear?

Your ability works by hitting people. Someone visited you last night, and made you procrastinate and forget about your job. The person you targeted last night wasn't hit, so you don't know if its exactly like Meow, Medi, and Wiki's bruises.

Sounds like the person who messed with you last night was Scav. Think about it: procrastination? forgetting about your job? And he targeted you.

Handorin

Smash Hero
So do you think Scav could target multiple people since he was judge (that effects multiple people). So that is possbily why mafia did not kill.

Scav=Roleblocker I assume

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Okay sorry about the long delay I have just been really busy.

But, I have a question for Common, who did you target and why?

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
my working theory is not that Scav roleblocked the mafia, but that Scav is part of the mafia and roleblocked Commonyoshi. And then either 1) those with bruises will die in two more days, because that is how the mafia is killing, or 2) the mafia was unable to kill due to the death of Heimie, and those with bruises are being messed with by an independent. Death Note works its way into my working theory in that L and Kira are both independants who are after each other, while Kira can kill criminals I'm only clinging to a Misa theory because <3 speaks in third person and Misa does too.

Handorin

Smash Hero
Scav being scum is plausible. It fits my theory about scum having names and someone else's saying that the mafia is made up of Smashboarders.

camo-man

Smash Cadet
You know... <3 has slipped up several times now without known consequence... doesn't that make you wonder?

And common, don't reveal too much of your role and stuff, but you should know that, mirite?

Sorry guys, school makes me quite busy. But I do make an effort to get on whenever I can.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
Scav! Why didn't I think about that? And yes, Tom, the night went exactly like how you described it.
Right now we dont know if Scav is a good or bad guy though. It really can go either way.

Sinz, I wont reveal who I targeted or why I did it. ^_^ Not important.

smashman90

Smash Lord
But why would a detective or L do that work at a bar? So this leads me to believe Kira and possibly L are independants, like previously stated.
You make it sound as if only the detective did this. It hasn't been confirmed that L is in the game(although the chances of that happening seems likely) or if it was even the cop that Yeroc was speaking to. It could've been anybody, hell how don't we know that it could've been you who was talking to Yeroc? Also, we don't even know any of the questions or what all they were talking about. Yeroc, could you tell us any questions or comments this person has said to you?

You know... <3 has slipped up several times now without known consequence... doesn't that make you wonder?
I believe <3 said that he will/had been punished by Eor. So I assume that the warning came through pm or will happen later in the game. Either that or he is lying to us. But yes, I have also wondered what <3's punishment was. Elaborate you vile fiend! lol

It fits my theory about scum having names and someone else's saying that the mafia is made up of Smashboarders.
I doubt that the mafia is all smashboarders. I am betting that there are other villainous characters that are mafia. I mean, why make all the mafia smashboarders when you have people from Death Note, 300, the bible(I think) as well? It just wouldn't make much sense in my opinion.

my working theory is not that Scav roleblocked the mafia, but that Scav is part of the mafia and roleblocked Commonyoshi. And then either 1) those with bruises will die in two more days, because that is how the mafia is killing, or 2) the mafia was unable to kill due to the death of Heimie, and those with bruises are being messed with by an independent. Death Note works its way into my working theory in that L and Kira are both independants who are after each other, while Kira can kill criminals I'm only clinging to a Misa theory because <3 speaks in third person and Misa does too.
How do you know that those with bruises will die in two more days? I don't think that was even proven yet. Secondly, I don't think that both Kira and L are independents. L is a detective, pure and simple. He was never shown to be a corrupt detective, albeit he is a bit of a weirdo. I'd say that he is mostly the town cop. Kira(depending on which person) is probably independent considering that he/she has killed criminals, people who almost figured out his/her identity, innocent people, etc.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
I was the one who had the theory of the Backroomer characters like Heimie and Scav being the Mafia. So you don't have to say "some guy came up with" or "people were talking about". You can just address it to me...

Also, Smashman, the "two days left" statement was part of my working theory, as I stated. It doesn't have to have been proven to be on my mind, does it?

I also think that Yeroc stated that this person "talked with him and got him drunk", as in thats what his PM said. I don't think they had an actual conversation.

Also, if I am not mistaken, I thought <3 said he wouldn't be punished for speaking in the first person. I thought he said that he didn't have to do it, but he would do it for the sake of the town.

Mr.Lombardi34

Smash Ace
Also, if I am not mistaken, I thought <3 said he wouldn't be punished for speaking in the first person. I thought he said that he didn't have to do it, but he would do it for the sake of the town.
That makes no sense. Why would talking like that and distracting people (If you were town) help the town?

Now I'm just throwing out a little idea I came up with. Kira has so far done nothing visibly. Also, considering that Misa (<3, just go along) has not gone a day with perfect third person. Could it be that <3's setback is that he gets the eyes exept he then dies a few days after? And that he could only activate the eyes if he goes a full day with perfect third person.

Again, just throwing this out there.

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
You know, I actually think <3's occasional slips from third person are essentially a non-issue. If I were in charge of this game, there's no way I would punish someone for a few occasional and clearly accidental slips.

I doubt that the mafia is all smashboarders. I am betting that there are other villainous characters that are mafia. I mean, why make all the mafia smashboarders when you have people from Death Note, 300, the bible(I think) as well? It just wouldn't make much sense in my opinion.
Come to think of it, Satan might make an excellent mafia godfather. It is, of course, only a possibility, but I think it's quite likely that if Jesus is in the game, Satan is as well.

Top Bottom