• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Enemy Controller: PRiDE has returned to us, now super hot!

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
if there are EVER two tournies happening in our ONE region....the TOs ALWAYS talk to each other and make an agreement tohave their tournies on seperate days...thats why we're one region

We do that too actually. At least whenever we plan a Viridian or Saffron or whatever we make sure it doesn't conflict with anything in the area as well as in general (but sometimes that can't be helped).

Also for the record, Viridian is labeled as NJ/NY/PA Monthlies :)

I also think separate PR is a choice as well, individual PR's based off of size of state is also good motivation to the players...but doesn't necessarily mean anyone is separating ourselves out of the tournament scene. I'm pretty sure when it comes to PR's NY tournies as well as NJ (NJ PR in general) neither states tournaments are excluded from the PR process.

And from what I see normally I see plenty of NJ attend NY and NY attend NJ tournies. I'm not seeing what the big deal is about this argument LOL XD

Edit: wow I'm tired...

xxCANDYxx

Smash Lord
The only "rules" here are rules you're making up.

It doesn't matter if YOU don't acknowledge us as one region. A lot of us consider ourselves one region regardless of what you think.

It just benefits you to not consider us one region.

-You'd be massacred in an NY/NJ vs MD/VA crew battle.
-Us being combined makes us the strongest region in the world, dwarfing yours easily.
-MD/VA has lots and lots of pride in themselves and how close the two states are, so for some reason you're feeling like "oh how dare NY/NJ think they are LIKE US AND AS CLOSE AS US ARGH WE'RE SPECIAL" which is just dumb.

So, yeah, you're making up rules that don't matter.

We have seperate PRs and more tournies...because we crush you (and everywhere else) in terms of population. It's needed.
meep beat adhd last time he played him
chu beats atomsk
i go even with ksizzle
it seems neo would go about even with anti (as of right now neo ***** mk and snake pretty hard)
boss beats dabuzz

thats your top 5 going even with 5 of our top players....wouldnt even be even...from that you can see us winning 3 of those and 2 going evens...which means we got some really good players with extra stocks going into the remiender weaker players
im not sure who'd you'd use for your other 5 but im pretty sure they wouldnt beat
azen(still plays and does enter tournies just as much as other ppl and is still crazy amazing) omni( who was just at a tourny acouple weeks ago and is still a very good mk) forte (someone who ***** hard in mk dittos) korn (underground amazing player) and PS ( someone who just really recently got EXTREMELY good)

so no...yall wouldnt massacare us...it would be close whoever wins....but i garentee you you guys would not come even close to massacuring us LOL

so no thats def. not the reason (even though you pretty much just said the same reason twice just rephrasing...with the 3rd reason being the stupidest thing ive heard in a while)

Wow at this argument.

Maybe not in the past, but definitely now, NJ/NY are as close if not almost as close as MD/VA. Just like with 2 NJ tournies on the same date, a NY tourney host will get angry with a NJ tourney host for hosting the same day cause they'll be stealing a good portion of each tourney's attendance.

Inui, Candy has clearly proven himself at Apex so he's @ Razor's level imo. It's like saying Spam sucks cause he hasn't entered tournies recently. Its obvious he still ***** us all and people currently think he can take on/beat ADHD. lol @ their strong confidence though.

Either way, NJ/NY sucks for not getting Spam to play in tourney and MD/VA wins if they truly get back Azen if we have no Spam :p

ny/nj does suck for not getting spam to play and md/va does win b/c azen still plays :-).....just doesnt come to tournies much...in fact last time he entered singles he won...beating meep chu boss and korn.....beating our 1st 2nd 6th and 7th ranked players

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master
why would md/va look foolish seperate??? NJ by itself has adhd atomsk and ksizzle...those are the 3 ppl that nj are known for that can compete nationally.....if VA was by itself it would have chu azen me and boss....plus other REALLY good players like korn and forte that just havent really gone out of state....md still has meep neo and ps...3 big noticable names just like nj....so no i dont think md and va would look foolish if they were seperate

im not sure which part of NY is which....but from what i see...the top PRs from NY (anti dabuz shadow snakee NL jash) are NOT at every tourny with any part of nj (adhd atomsk ksizzle inui)

if you do want to use size as a stipulation...thats fine...only if your consistant with it....if its too big that it NEEDS two seperate PRs....then it should also be too big to be considered one region...thats what inui is not realizing
No I didn't mean foolish in terms of player skill. I meant bc a top 15 would include the entire state. In NJ there are like 20 people who dont get on top 15. Since your size is much smaller, nearly everyone would be on it. I didnt mean skill.

Well, they are at inui's and alex's since they are main things. Shadow and snakee were at a very small event in NJ 3 weeks ago were we had about 20 people. There may have been more NY but I'm uncertain. GotMilk was a NJ hosted event that had plenty of NY. Gauntlet and Gametable(NY events) have NJ players at them all the time. I go myself(NJ).

I agree with your last part. Being too big is why I consider us seperate.

xxCANDYxx

Smash Lord
No I didn't mean foolish in terms of player skill. I meant bc a top 15 would include the entire state. In NJ there are like 20 people who dont get on top 15. Since your size is much smaller, nearly everyone would be on it. I didnt mean skill.

Well, they are at inui's and alex's since they are main things. Shadow and snakee were at a very small event in NJ 3 weeks ago were we had about 20 people. There may have been more NY but I'm uncertain. GotMilk was a NJ hosted event that had plenty of NY. Gauntlet and Gametable(NY events) have NJ players at them all the time. I go myself(NJ).

I agree with your last part. Being too big is why I consider us seperate.
oh ok i misinterpreted the first part....my fault

yea it makes sense that they would be at inui's and alex's....if md/va had tournies that big that close to us we would go to those too....having big tournies will always have close out of staters....but even our tiny local tournies have the top players of both region there...actually the last tourny we had did not have all the top players....only me meep ps and neo...but the reason for that was there was a melee tourny with OOS that alot of smashers in this area couldnt pass up

glad to hear that :-)

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master
oh ok i misinterpreted the first part....my fault

yea it makes sense that they would be at inui's and alex's....if md/va had tournies that big that close to us we would go to those too....having big tournies will always have close out of staters....but even our tiny local tournies have the top players of both region there...actually the last tourny we had did not have all the top players....only me meep ps and neo...but the reason for that was there was a melee tourny with OOS that alot of smashers in this area couldnt pass up

glad to hear that :-)
It's ok, np.

Yeah I'm sure you guys would. Like I said though, we have NY players at NJ's small stuff and vice versa. It may not only be top players like Anti but just bc anti isnt there doesnt mean other NY players shouldnt count.

We just disagree on what constitutes a serparation of regions. Size matters more to me.

Princz15

Smash Apprentice
We just disagree on what constitutes a serparation of regions. Size matters more to me.
*Is about to say something* ... Naaaa. Too easy.

Oh and about the NY/NJ thing If no one in NY has come into this thread and say to NJ "yo we are not one region" or vice versa, who is Candy or anyone else to tell us were not one region? Lol this argument is stupid. Where on paper does it say those things you mentioned are the exact requirements to being one region anyway? People have been saying the term NY/NJ like forever now lol

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
NJ/NY is one region.

Anti/Shadow/Snakeee/NinjaLink/Jash consistently attend Viridian City and Inui's tournaments, as well as many lesser NY players.

ADHD/Atomsk/ksizzle/Inui/Zucco consistently attend Gauntlet and GameTable tournaments, as well as many lesser NJ players.

You yourself stated that top players from one state entering the other state's tournaments is a criterion for them being considered one region.

Also, the four major locations for NJ/NY tournaments are Jersey City and Princeton (NJ) and Woodside and Mineola (NY). All of these locations are within a very close proximity of each other. I don't see how it's contestable that they're the same region.

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
NJ/NY
MD/VA

or

NJ
NY
MD/VA

Pick your poison, brah.

But really, who knows? I have a really strong feeling MD/VA will destroy at the next major where many regions top players are present.

ANTi_

Smash Hero
Well i just don't go to Inui's events because i can't take 2 hour long trains.

And Viridian's were originally advertised as a NYC Monthly event but the venue is in NJ ;(

RichBrown

Smash Master
WC still had DSF, Fiction, and SK92 available (I think mike as well), the pierce choke had little to do with what happened in crews. It was an admirable strat, throwing your best at us right away and hoping for a huge lead, but we still had way too much left in the tank.

And didn't I take 5 stocks off you guys even though I was probably the worst player repping WC LOL

I hope I can make it to pound 4, it's right next to the area I was born >_<

Razor is pretty good, I've never played candy so I can't comment on that.

So Cal is really good >.>

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
WC still had DSF, Fiction, and SK92 available (I think mike as well), the pierce choke had little to do with what happened in crews. It was an admirable strat, throwing your best at us right away and hoping for a huge lead, but we still had way too much left in the tank.

And didn't I take 5 stocks off you guys even though I was probably the worst player repping WC LOL

I hope I can make it to pound 4, it's right next to the area I was born >_<

Razor is pretty good, I've never played candy so I can't comment on that.

So Cal is really good >.>
Not really johning, but I would just like to say I have a HUGE weakness to Olimar, or atleast I did.

KageMurphy

Smash Master
So many name searchers~

I sparked a raging debate, now where is CO18 to claim he's better then Atomsk loooooool

NO-IDea

Smash Lord
This argument could end if you just meet Candy's one request:

If you're one region, why not just have one PR of 15? Combine your populations and have the PR be selective with your massive size. So what if people lose their ranking? Get what you deserve, and it will make your region appear stronger. Imagine Pierce/Inui being like 13 or something. Then it's like, wtf, who's above them?

I think that would make Candy happy and prove to suit your goals as portraying NY/NJ as strongest region. (Which MD/VA is going to take the title soon enough.)

PS: I hate ~PS~. He takes my money.

ANTi_

Smash Hero
Candy and NO-IDea are right.

When i said we should have a NY/NJ PR they Inui was all

"Just because your state is lazy doesn't mean NY should be combined with NJ"

slikvik

Smash Master
**** MD/VA. I have no region. no really...
-You'd be massacred in an NY/NJ vs MD/VA crew battle.
word? I feel like we're being underestimated. please don't let your doubles victories in our region allow you to have a big head. crews is 1v1...

Candy and NO-IDea are right.

When i said we should have a NY/NJ PR they Inui was all

"Just because your state is lazy doesn't mean NY should be combined with NJ"
o snap...

right after m2k left...everybodys suddenly calling themselves NJ/NY now. hmm

o yea. @pound4, MD/VA is winning crews. calling it early

EmuKiller

Smash Ace
EmuKiller?! More like... FREEmuKiller!!!!!!
word? I feel like we're being underestimated. please don't let your doubles victories in our region allow you to have a big head. crews is 1v1...

o snap...

right after m2k left...everybodys suddenly calling themselves NJ/NY now. hmm

o yea. @pound4, MD/VA is winning crews. calling it early
Come to ROWAN so I can get better at BRAWL!!!!!

Inui

Banned via Warnings
So many name searchers~

I sparked a raging debate, now where is CO18 to claim he's better then Atomsk loooooool
CO18 is probably the best Dedede right now. >_>;

This argument could end if you just meet Candy's one request:

If you're one region, why not just have one PR of 15? Combine your populations and have the PR be selective with your massive size. So what if people lose their ranking? Get what you deserve, and it will make your region appear stronger. Imagine Pierce/Inui being like 13 or something. Then it's like, wtf, who's above them?

I think that would make Candy happy and prove to suit your goals as portraying NY/NJ as strongest region. (Which MD/VA is going to take the title soon enough.)

PS: I hate ~PS~. He takes my money.
Population. It would deprive many players of the recognition they deserve. We have 50+ player tournaments normally, MD/VA has ~30ish players per event...if it's "big."

NY and NJ aren't combined due to needing to be because of low population. We're "combined" because we just attend each other's stuff so much, border each other, and see each other a lot.

xxCANDYxx

Smash Lord
CO18 is probably the best Dedede right now. >_>;

Population. It would deprive many players of the recognition they deserve. We have 50+ player tournaments normally, MD/VA has ~30ish players per event...if it's "big."

NY and NJ aren't combined due to needing to be because of low population. We're "combined" because we just attend each other's stuff so much, border each other, and see each other a lot.
as i said before
if your too big too have one PR...then your too big to be consiered one region
if u wanna use population as a stipulation...thats fine only if your consistant with it...even kai agreed with me on that...and it seems anti agree's with me too
people wouldnt get the recognition that they deserve??? YOUR 4TH!!! your not even good in singles (i dont think ur that great in doubles but thats a completely diff topic that wer not getting into).....i cant think of a single other region that you would ever be considered 4th in if u lived there....if anything b/c of 2 PRs people are getting WAYYYYYYY to much recognition

Inui

Banned via Warnings
as i said before
if your too big too have one PR...then your too big to be consiered one region
if u wanna use population as a stipulation...thats fine only if your consistant with it...even kai agreed with me on that...and it seems anti agree's with me too
people wouldnt get the recognition that they deserve??? YOUR 4TH!!! your not even good in singles (i dont think ur that great in doubles but thats a completely diff topic that wer not getting into).....i cant think of a single other region that you would ever be considered 4th in if u lived there....if anything b/c of 2 PRs people are getting WAYYYYYYY to much recognition
NYC alone has more people than your entire region. It probably has...double the amount of people.

IT'S TOO BIG TO BE ONE REGION, SPLIT NYC UP INTO TWO REGIONS!

You can't just make the rules about what's a region and what's not, pal.

You don't think I'm good in singles because I suck against your character, since results directly contradict your opinion.

You don't think I'm good in doubles...because of...hell, I don't even know. I have some of the best results out of anyone in the world with doubles, and not just with Atomsk, so I have no idea where that came from.

You're just biased.

xxCANDYxx

Smash Lord
NYC alone has more people than your entire region. It probably has...double the amount of people.

IT'S TOO BIG TO BE ONE REGION, SPLIT NYC UP INTO TWO REGIONS!

You can't just make the rules about what's a region and what's not, pal.

You don't think I'm good in singles because I suck against your character, since results directly contradict your opinion.

You don't think I'm good in doubles...because of...hell, I don't even know. I have some of the best results out of anyone in the world with doubles, and not just with Atomsk, so I have no idea where that came from.

You're just biased.
if its too big for one PR...then its to big to be one region
^^^ima keep repeating that since you dont seem to say anything about it...which is the point that multiple people have already agree'd upon...not just me

and no...your results do not contradict my opinion...b/c you dont place good...you've played like 5th recently like once and got 4th by only having to beat 2 olimars with mk....**** your clearly too good.....i mean what good people have you beatin in tourny like the whole summer that isnt a horrible matchup for them in tourny? so you being 4th does show that people are getting WAYYY too much recognition

and i told u im not getting into teams since you seem to be pretty hard headed in that issue

and im the least biased person LOL ask anyone...i just tell it like it is

NO-IDea

Smash Lord

What recognition? They don't deserve if they can't amount to being the best of your "large" population. If you want to make some little player feel better by giving him a rank, add him as an honorable mention instead. Hell, their reputation should be enough, why give them a ranking?

Split up your region. Your population argument totally delineates from your regional argument. You can't be the same region if both regions can't decide amongst themselves who is their "best" player, etc.

Compromise. Have individual PR rankings for NY/NJ and a single PR for both. If you're too lazy to do that, then no one could consider NY/NJ as one region as much as it is just two regions teaming up. If you manage to create a unifying PR, then maybe your argument as a unified region could stand.

Otherwise, the two states have "large" enough populations to be two separate regions. So let it be.

Btw, it's funny how NY/NJ teamed up now that M2K left. It used to be NJ was stand alone. (I'm sure someone has pointed this out already, but just saying.)

MD/VA on the other hand, doesn't. And even if it did (or eventually does), we're too intertwined to ever split up now. (Unless Chudat goes off spouting he can take on everyone in MD again. Then Civil War might break out between MD/VA.)

xxCANDYxx

Smash Lord
What recognition? They don't deserve if they can't amount to being the best of your "large" population. If you want to make some little player feel better by giving him a rank, add him as an honorable mention instead. Hell, their reputation should be enough, why give them a ranking?

Split up your region. Your population argument totally delineates from your regional argument. You can't be the same region if both regions can't decide amongst themselves who is their "best" player, etc.

Compromise. Have individual PR rankings and a single PR for the entire region. If you're too lazy to do that, then no one could consider NY/NJ as one region as much as it is just two regions teaming up. If you manage to create a unifying PR, then maybe your argument as a unified region could stand.

qft

get ***** inui LOL

ANTi_

Smash Hero
Anyways i think that NY/NJ should have one power ranking.

It'll make our region seem scarier and it's a good idea imo :)

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
Hypothetically speaking, you could take NJ's top 8, NY's top 8, mix them together, order them from best to worst and subtract the weakest player. So, yeah, Anti's right about that top 15 being scary as hell, lol. It would be in other regions best interests to split us up, because NJ/NY top 15 is just ridiculous. Every tournament in this region is as hard as a major, ESPECIALLY WITH ALLY SHOWING UP ALL THE TIME FOR NO REASON!!!

Inui

Banned via Warnings
if its too big for one PR...then its to big to be one region
^^^ima keep repeating that since you dont seem to say anything about it...which is the point that multiple people have already agree'd upon...not just me

and no...your results do not contradict my opinion...b/c you dont place good...you've played like 5th recently like once and got 4th by only having to beat 2 olimars with mk....**** your clearly too good.....i mean what good people have you beatin in tourny like the whole summer that isnt a horrible matchup for them in tourny? so you being 4th does show that people are getting WAYYY too much recognition

and i told u im not getting into teams since you seem to be pretty hard headed in that issue

and im the least biased person LOL ask anyone...i just tell it like it is
http://allisbrawl.com/medals.aspx?id=4424

lol, there's the results that contradict your vast, unmatched ignorance that you display for me to laugh at every time we interact on the boards

and I'm missing 4 medals atm because HOBO 19 and Daphne need to be processed

get your stupidity out of my crew thread

this discussion is over

xxCANDYxx

Smash Lord
http://allisbrawl.com/medals.aspx?id=4424

lol, there's the results that contradict your vast, unmatched ignorance that you display for me to laugh at every time we interact on the boards

and I'm missing 4 medals atm because HOBO 19 and Daphne need to be processed

get your stupidity out of my crew thread

this discussion is over
OMG LMAOROFLROFLAHAHAHAHAHROFLMAOLHAHAHAHALAOALOLOL

i counted
since january 2009...only 5 of them are for regualr singles LMAOHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHROFLROLFORLFORLF
thats beyond pathetic...if i were you i wouldnt show that thing to anyone...b/c those "medals" are completely PATHETIC compared to any pro's record
gosh i cant remember the last you even placed somewhat good at a nationals

discussion over?? LOL i dont blame ya...i would want a discussion over too if i couldnt win it
your pathetic...your not some "elitist" like you think you are...just a joke

^^^ i think i said everything that i needed too ere

o0o and

"if ur too big to have one PR...then ur too big to be one region"

^^^ still keep dodging....everyones waiting LOL

anit/kai: the only problem with that is that since not all of ny/nj are at every single tourny...its gonna be near impossible to make a list....how are you gonna smoosh them together? theres really no way unless you got consistant results coming in with the players...just a thought

Top Bottom