• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Enemy Controller: PRiDE has returned to us, now super hot!

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Atomsk!!!!

I've been searching for you all my life for revenge on what you did to my brother Chris Tucker!! We had to replace him with some older/fater looking clone of him to make the sadly unfunny Rush Hour 3

YOU WON'T GET AWAY WITH THIS!!!!!!!!

Shadow 111

Smash Lord
Brooklyn......what a cool place to spend a Saturday.... -_-.

Ehh I may or may not go. Is it definitely going to happen because it seems like its not guaranteed to happen judging by the wording on the first page.
he said it was 95%.. unless something COMPLETELY unexpected happens. he won't mess this up because if it happens again he knows no 1 will plan to attend another one. a lot of ppl plan to attend it so please consider it sir :D.

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master
he said it was 95%.. unless something COMPLETELY unexpected happens. he won't mess this up because if it happens again he knows no 1 will plan to attend another one. a lot of ppl plan to attend it so please consider it sir :D.
I dunno, I can't think of a worse place to spend a Saturday than Brooklyn, possibly Newark NJ. I may go, it's closer than the tourny in PA on the same day. Are you going Nick? I'd like to get a good idea of people that I know that are going.

fkacyan

Smash Hero

Probably because it's extremely easy, has a weak storyline, you can only use female characters BUT NOT LULU. Everything else about the game is good but the game is ruined by those things.

Every FF game made after 9 has been mediocre, including FFTA and FFTA-2.

bajisci

Smash Ace
ffx-2 was underrated but the retardedly easy difficulty and weak story telling really holds it back, as spam said, overall i enjoyed it :p

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
The combat in X2 is fun and fast-paced. I also enjoy the ability and equipment systems. I don't mind playing as girls either. The game really is too easy though. Two Dark Knights and an Alchemist allow you to **** most of the game for free, but you have a lot of freedom when deciding on a party setup, which is always nice.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
The sphere grid wasn't the greatest but w/e. It was still a good game
I thought the story was archetypal, the characters relatively shallow... Meh. I haven't liked any of the games since 9 story-wise, and the gameplay has only made up for the Tactics games.

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
Ignoring the joke level of difficulty and the bland story/characters, X-2 was fun, and I agree with Ether. Definitely underrated. Is it a great game? By no means. I think 2 is FAR worse, and should be complained about more. :D

fkacyan

Smash Hero
ff xii was a step in the right direction for ff imo

the storyline is super star wars ripoff though :(
I set up awesome gambits and, no lie, steered my characters through dungeons while doing schoolwork.

I think 2 is FAR worse, and should be complained about more. :D
2, 8, 10, 12, all had ****ty ability systems. Basically, the earlier you can cheese and/or homogenize, the worse off the system is.

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
The game doesn't force you to homogenize. You have options. Customize to your liking, and create a unique party. You have no such or limited options in this regard, in games like 4 and 9, which kill their replay value substantially. 5, 6 and 7 allow you to "cheese" and "homogenize" too, but you left them off that list?

ff xii was a step in the right direction for ff imo
I agree.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
The game doesn't force you to homogenize. You have options. Customize to your liking, and create a unique party. You have no such or limited options in this regard, in games like 4 and 9, which kill their replay value substantially. 5, 6 and 7 allow you to "cheese" and "homogenize" too, but you left them off that list?
Of course it doesn't force you. But I'm a story-driven guy, and if there's an easy way through, I'll use it. 5, 6, and 7 could be broken, but not NEARLY to the degree of 2 and 8, and 10 and 12 are yet another step behind that.

The License Grid, in theory, is a good system. They need to make every character have a completely different grid that restricts them, but still allows for significant customization IMO. Oh, and screw the Gambit system. There's nothing like not actually playing a game.

I have good hopes for 13, it seems like a better version of the combat system in Valkyrie Profile.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
FFX is a great game despite it's many shortcomings. FFX2 was very easy except for Trema, who was one of the most impossible mother ****ers to beat on the planet. I never did beat him, gave up after about a thousand trys.

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
The game doesn't force you to homogenize. You have options. Customize to your liking, and create a unique party.
Why would you choose to customize over brutally ****** everything?

You have no such or limited options in this regard, in games like 4 and 9, which kill their replay value substantially.
FFIV does on the DS with Augment abilities. It's not exactly a large degree of customization but it's there. While in IX you can't customize your characters, you have characters that have all the basic jobs. You can also try and get Excalibur II :laugh:.

5, 6 and 7 allow you to "cheese" and "homogenize" too, but you left them off that list?
In the defense of those three games, you need to either cheat or get lucky to get the godliest characters on a first playthrough and you need to put some time and effort into making it easy. FFX-2 tells you exactly how to **** it and doesn't require you to spend any time(except to switch to the smallest Garment Grid) to **** it.

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
Brutally ****** everything can be boring, but it's kinda hard NOT to **** in X-2. To **** VI, all you have to do is abuse what the game tells you to use. Magic is a major plot point and is absurdly overpowered in that game. It's also easy to be overpowered in VII, if you just use common sense. White Wind, Big Guard, attack command, limit breaks, and command materia make the game easy mode. I excluded FFIVDS, for the sake of comparing the original games only, because the international versions of X, X-2, and XII also received significant changes, mostly for the better. Final Fantasies are just easy in general, for the most part. I think the series needs to be revamped, which is why I enjoyed XII and it's Gambit system.

bajisci

Smash Ace
i preordered the imported version of final fantasy 7 advent children complete and it has almost 2 hour long demo of final fantasy XIII on it, very excited to try it. It has a unique battle system that isnt just a bad version of other final fantasys *cough* XII *cough*

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
Brutally ****** everything can be boring, but it's kinda hard NOT to **** in X-2.
I think you have to try to not brutally **** everything.

To **** VI, all you have to do is abuse what the game tells you to use. Magic is a major plot point and is absurdly overpowered in that game.
It's absurdly overpowered in late game, not so much in early game. The earliest you can learn Osmose is from Shiva in the Magitek Facility and you don't have a high magic stat at this point anyways. Gau with the Stray Cat Rage is a lot better than magic up until Floating Continent at least. Even in general, Cat Scratch is always useful.

You need to use strategies in some battles in VI. Without Stop, beating Intangir takes quite some time. Beating Gigantuar without extreme grinding requires some strategy. Leviathan requires either being super high on levels or gathering the proper equipment. Throwing always deals high amounts of damage but the strongest shuriken(pinwheel) isn't available in stores. You have to go out of your way to harvest them.

It's also easy to be overpowered in VII, if you just use common sense. White Wind, Big Guard, attack command, limit breaks, and command materia make the game easy mode.
I thought you need manipulate and you have to backtrack to near Fort Condor to get White Wind? That isn't common sense unless you know about it. Granted, if you do it makes the game a lot easier. However, FFX-2 is easy to begin with and it tells you how to make it impossible to lose.

I excluded FFIVDS, for the sake of comparing the original games only, because the international versions of X, X-2, and XII also received significant changes, mostly for the better.
This is true, however, the international versions aren't actually international whereas FFIV DS is :bee:.

Thirtyfour

Smash Journeyman
Strawberry Brawl 4.1 (4-7-09)
All Melee CGs apply (Tested with and W/o DI on Fox and Snake)
Mario's Uthrow - Peach's uthrow - Yoshi's Dthrow - DK's Uthrow Uair regrab applies only with DI away - Fox's Uthrow - Shiek's Dthrow - Marth's Uthrow (lol 0 to Death)
GW's Dthrow CG ofcourse isnt in brawl but he can CG with both Side throws with with Side DI.

Tested ma self O:
Warmin up for Apex's melee playing Brawl+ with a GC Controller atm
not going to buy a copy of melee so ill warm up if i can to decide if i can enter Apex's melee tourney (wants to make it past pools)

Anyone with a hacked wii can HELP discuss what DOESNT NEED TO BE BUFFED / nerfed *seriously talking about giving sonic decent dash window for dash dancing lol)

http://www.gamesurge.net/chat/BrawlPlus

Need some vbrawl or melee folk in there I'm not known or anything they wont bother with things i say.
Hylian recently complained about G&W's onstage KO game, they seriously think its bad lol for GW?!
Seriously

Top Bottom