• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Enemy Controller: PRiDE has returned to us, now super hot!

Atomsk_92

Smash Hero
keitaro then why not host something this weekend so we can have a tourny in nj 2 saturdays in a row for once in a while XD

Inui

Banned via Warnings
increase teams entrancee Inui fee or I'm never splitting top 2, EVER. Make it at LEAST double what it is now, and increase singles to 15 dollars to enter. You will get more OOSers to come, unless of course you're scared of them :3
For the next large tournament, probably.

My smaller Princeton Smashfest series will always remain cheap.

@Keitaro: I told you I'd make NJ super active again. :)

Eazy23

Smash Lord
M2k u r gay. Tournies are not created to keep your pockets fat. Most of us are college students paying for tons of things, so if you NEED money that bad go get a job. You not splittiing doesn't negatively effect NEARLY as many people that the tourny prices now positively effect.

You make tons of money off of video games, dont try 2 get the prices increased to compensate for you losing your money/things all the times. Thats MAD homo.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
M2k u r gay. Tournies are not created to keep your pockets fat. Most of us are college students paying for tons of things, so if you NEED money that bad go get a job. You not splittiing doesn't negatively effect NEARLY as many people that the tourny prices now positively effect.

You make tons of money off of video games, dont try 2 get the prices increased to compensate for you losing your money/things all the times. Thats MAD homo.
QFT

It's not like M2K will split anymore, anyways. >_>;

Jason, I'm very hesitant to raise the entry fees because I pride myself on having affordable tournies that college students and younger people can attend. NJ has too many tournies that completely rob you, like the ones in North Jersey.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Dude, that's Melee and you should be running your Rutgers stuff on Fridays. If you run your events on Saturdays, you will always conflict with something else.

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
Dude, that's Melee and you should be running your Rutgers stuff on Fridays. If you run your events on Saturdays, you will always conflict with something else.
Actually....no. Since ROT8 is doing weeklies and they're probably going to be on Friday's, I'm not running events on Fridays since we're using the same area. Also, if I have Friday tournaments I know at LEAST tec0 and Eggm can't make it. On the other hand, if I run biweeklies and start them on the 20th, every Saturday in NJ will be a Melee tournament. Sounds like GOD TIER to me.

Plus Eggm said he'd bring me the godly pizza since it's on his way if I have it on Saturday :)

dmbrandon

Smash Master
inui you already said that you were going to raise the entrancee fee for teams like a month or so ago like around terrabite (at terrabite?) time or a little sooner IIRC, and now you're backing out on that.
Instead of trying to make money at smaller events by annoying Inui, you could spend that time trying to get more money from the people who already owe it to you.

Fast, CH4, etc.

Orion*

Smash Researcher
Jason, I'm very hesitant to raise the entry fees because I pride myself on having affordable tournies that college students and younger people can attend.
Word. Its only like 1% of you guys that actually make money

just because im not making anything from this doesnt mean im stupid. :(

i barely can afford this game as it is, however i love the community and make due. the more money it costs, the less people will come, especially since allot of people are already quitting this game. the prices are fine where they are, and youll be fine without robbing all the highschool//college kids of 5 more extra bucks.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
inui you already said that you were going to raise the entrancee fee for teams like a month or so ago like around terrabite (at terrabite?) time or a little sooner IIRC, and now you're backing out on that.
Nobody else wants the entry fees raised and people won't enter teams if it's raised, so we get less teams in, so it's going to be the same amount anyways.

-Blue-

Smash Journeyman
that's kinda right. if you have tourneys too much with a high fee then more likely those who lost that much money b4 are likely not to show at the next. keeping the tourney at a steady rate of $10 would ensure that a good amount will continue to come and spend money without thinking they lost most of their money. it's like oh i had 10 dollars i was gonna spend it on junk food i'll spend it on a tourney instead, as apposed to, i had 20 dollars thats gas money or lunch for a week i lost 20 last week im not wasting it this week. it's like a budget. 10 dollars is like leisurely money that is spent on w/e as like 20 spent on something that could feel a bit different if lost. lets keep it at $10 ^_^

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
I think anyone with the ball$ to use falcon in tourney should get twice their entry fee back.

Just sayin....

Eazy23

Smash Lord
Instead of trying to make money at smaller events by annoying Inui, you could spend that time trying to get more money from the people who already owe it to you.

Fast, CH4, etc.
You are amazing

dmbrandon

Smash Master
Can someone find the last post xzax has made that has some kind of intelligent back end, or usefulness to the community?

I'm the new troll in town. yayuhz.

Xzax Kasrani

Smash Master
dmbrandon you being in the smash community is just awful.
i have actually made friends you had montage and you were a ******** to everyone else

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
dm is the cutest, most adorable troll in the history of forums. i'd give him a cookie if i could.

dmbrandon

Smash Master
dmbrandon you being in the smash community is just awful.
i have actually made friends you had montage and you were a ******** to everyone else
First off: , <-- this is a comma. You're what? 13? You should understand it's uses in written commonplace conversation.

Second. I only make friends with people who are interesting, or awesome.

gross.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Brandon, you need to confirm the attendance of people at tournaments you've hosted in the past, like the Peak and stuff.

AiB stuffz.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
Grammar corrections on the internet. lawl. I think the dragon master needs a hug, guys.

*hugs dm* xD

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Someone give me a name for White Lighting Attack's next big tournament.

I'm aiming for the 20th.

No, I don't enough care about the Melee event at Rutgers because Brawl draws tons more players. The 27th is already taken and I'm not waiting until October to host something.

Top Bottom