• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Enemy Controller: PRiDE has returned to us, now super hot!

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
Wow, USA network says "House! 8 o'clock on weekdays!", then I miss an episode because they randomly aired it at 7 o'clock.

MasterDaveNo1

Banned via Warnings
i hate not having a computer to check these funny comments until two days later when its considered off topic. so many responses id like to make, but its already done with. =(

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
I'm actually starting to like 4-man FFA, 5 minute time limit/no stocks, no items. A lot of the stuff that people complain about becomes impractical and it's pretty **** fun. It reminds me of super old SSB64 days with friends, and Halo 2 MLG FFA, which was amazing. I'm thinking Brawl is a better 4 player game, than it is a 2 player game.

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
I'm actually starting to like 4-man FFA, 5 minute time limit/no stocks, no items. A lot of the stuff that people complain about becomes impractical and it's pretty **** fun. It reminds me of super old SSB64 days with friends, and Halo 2 MLG FFA, which was amazing. I'm thinking Brawl is a better 4 player game, than it is a 2 player game.
Suppose M2K and Azen are in the same FFA before finals. They can just decide "hey lets just act like we're on the same team and not hit each other" which completely ruins FFAs just as badly as people hitting you when you do "something" is unfair. It also makes characters with laggy strong kill moves like Rest or Luigi's up B SUCK because they are going to get gang *****.

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
Suppose M2K and Azen are in the same FFA before finals. They can just decide "hey lets just act like we're on the same team and not hit each other" which completely ruins FFAs just as badly as people hitting you when you do "something" is unfair. It also makes characters with laggy strong kill moves like Rest or Luigi's up B SUCK because they are going to get gang *****.
Top players could technically team up in Halo FFA, but it was never a big issue. Getting teamed up on with the time format is not as bad as it is with stock because you can't be eliminated from the game. Then again, i'm pretty sure FFA in Halo was used to seed the 1v1 bracket, similar to how we use pool-play, where Azen and M2K wouldn't end up in the same pool. It was faster than doing a bunch of 1v1s and everyone really enjoyed the FFA. Regardless, i'm not suggesting it should be a competitive format, I just think it's enjoyable.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
Top players could technically team up in Halo FFA, but it was never a big issue. Getting teamed up on in with the time format is not as bad as it is with stock because you can't be eliminated from the game. Then again, i'm pretty sure FFA in Halo was used to seed the 1v1 bracket, like how we use pool-play, where Azen and M2K wouldn't end up in the same pool. It was faster than doing a bunch of 1v1s and everyone really enjoyed the FFA. Regardless, i'm not suggesting it should be a competitive format, I just think it's enjoyable.

ya FFA is fun to f around.

Also Halo used FFA for seeding only the 1v1 portion was removed because its extremely campy and defeats the purpose of having hours of ffa and the best "ffa" player losing. Notice the difference in who won FFA before ( ghandi ) and who won the ALL FFA tournaments in mlg ( who i forget lol ). Anyways why not just play a game casually. To be honest when I took halo seriously I would really go overboard with strats and stuff and making sure everyone does the right set up...now that I **** around with it i have wayyyyyy more fun. Then again thats just me.

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
I think Karma was the FFA beast. I could be wrong though. FFA on Midship was too good. On Xboxlive sometimes you would get a pro in the room, everyone would get hyped and try mad hard.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
I think Karma was the FFA beast. I could be wrong though. FFA on Midship was too good. On Xboxlive sometimes you would get a pro in the room, everyone would get hyped and try mad hard.
Your right its karma my bad i forget both of them to me is the same lol

well ppl would go into a room with a pro and its lolz to me...i know those people they are the same as you and me cept they make all this money making a game...though in the end it will bite a lot of them in the *** cause most of them didnt finish college or high school...so when this all goes down...what will they do next? Thats why I gave it up and thats why many usually do. Real life sucks but thats only if you make it suck. I love my real life...gf who games...running smash tournies and going oos for them...anime cons...selling art with my gf...and just hanging with friends...if i devoted my life to gaming i would lose a lot and only have "halo" or "smash" friends who would not do **** for me and just be so concerned with winning its sad...thats why one of my good friends is DJ nintendo...he is my friend IN and OUT of gaming so is Silverson from Halo I can hang with them no matter what and bull**** about random ****.

Just my little rant lolz

NF Alex

Smash Journeyman
You people keep forgetting about Falcon dittos. :dizzy:

Everyone except Falcon should be banned, that would make the game a lot more competitive and fun (and balanced) :lick:

Top Bottom