• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Enemies of the Crown: King Dedede Matchup Thread (SERIN IS IN CHARGE NOW NOT GATES)

A1lion835

Smash Champion
Lurking the Kirby Social thread with my rock buds.
King Dedede's bair beats our bair, which sucks for us. Some matches, it'll be too stale to KO with at 999% we'll be using it so much, so that's a huge deal. If we inhale you out of your up-b without spitting you out, you haven't technically touched the ground yet, and thus fall to your doom. People with extremely long range are usually a problem for us, but you've got a pretty slow hammer, so it doesn't matter as much (ftilt is still a ***** though). We can combo you better than we can to most others with our tilts...I'd say 55-45 us.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
Grab combos do a nice chunk of damage on his royal fatness, and we're generally faster. Once Kirby's right in DDD's face you've got a bit of an issue on your hands, so keep Kirby far way. That f tilt is a huge mother ****er, so obviously it's a good decision to molest Kirby when he's try to get close, when he's trying to retreat, when your bored, when you need half a sec to sneeze, etc.

Kirby can WoP DDD, be aware of it. Our air game is faster than yours so it's possible to bait aerial attacks and then go in for a bair or something.

I used to think of this as 60-40 but I'm leaning more towards 55-45.

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
This matchup is very similar to Meta Knight, which means King Dedede must play a defensive game because Kirby can do nothing but a rare UpB as a projectile. Spamming F-Tilt and only Waddle Dees when at a safe distance because it is the laggiest projectile in the game, so it might get punished. Find good timing for a forward smash which can kill Kirby as low as fifty percent I think. Overall on a neutral stage. . .Kirby has the better advantage.

DFat2

Smash Journeyman
Take us to Final D, or Smash Vile and we'll have the advantage. Now, take us to Battle Field or Lylat and we are utterly screwed.

The match up is, like most of Kirby's match ups, very stage dependent. On RC, Id' say D3 has the advantage. Fair messes with Kirby's mobility. We basically have to be running away from D3 while were rising in the up scrolling part if we want to be safe.

I'd struggled with the match up before, but now that I know how what to do, It seems tolerable. Kirby's Grabs F*** with D3 pretty effectively since he's Fat and Shizz. D-throw chases are easier than on, let's say, Marth or MK. But, it's not easier than G-dorf or Boozer.

Forget about D's B-air beating ours, really. If you're in a situation where you need to use your b-air to beat out D's B-air, you probably don't know the match up that well.

Approach with a Running spot dodge. Try to land behind him. Buffer U-tilt and Keep doing it until you land one.

Just try to juggle D3 with U-tilt, D-throw and U-air. If you get U-tilt or D-throw, follow up with U-air. I don't know which of D3's moves beat it out, but if you use it ahead of time, the most he could get out is a Clash.

Coney

Smash Master
I hate this matchup. I despise it. If you get sucked up (God forbid), DON'T FIGHT IT. It's an auto-footstool if you get out, which means he'll live. Just take the stock on the chin.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Funny, someone on the Kirby boards just discovered this as well (though we haven't been able to get his replay uploaded yet.).

As for the actual matchup... I don't have too much D3 experience, but here's what I've noticed whenever I've played one:

-D3's Dthrow can be followed up by Ftilt or maybe DA if we miss a tech.
-Inhale Break>Footstool>Dair>footstool (again) is too good! Also, our inhale outprioritizes yours.
-Our attacks have less lag overall, but your kill options tend to be safer, and Utilt really, REALLY hurts us.
-We can combo you really well.
-It's not all that hard for Kirby to gimp D3. Also, if we inhale you out of your UpB, I *believe* you lose all your jumps (though I'm pretty sure you can still UpB again) whether we starshot or inhale break.
-You guys might remember DJ_Iskascribble posting a video of my failure of a ZSS getting inhale stagespiked a while back. Well, you might be able to do that to Kirby's UpB as well, not necessarily to stagespike, but to move us away from the ledge and watch us kill ourselves. Yeah, not too big a deal, but thought I might mention it.
-You outrange us by a lot, and you have a better projectile than us (yeah, I know, it might be a bit of a stretch to call FC a projectile...).
-Our tilts mess with you pretty badly.

Yeah, not sure what else to add. As I said, I don't have enough experience with this matchup.

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
You should've made a new thread instead of posting it here. It really isn't relevant at all.

Also, counterpicking Norfair is a horrible idea, especially against Metaknight.
Dude, I already posted a thread and I put in on here so we DDD mains can see it. It was just a random aib ladder match and it happened to be Meta Knight lol. If you found this, you would advertise it in some way too...... -_-

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Dude, I already posted a thread and I put in on here so we DDD mains can see it. It was just a random aib ladder match and it happened to be Meta Knight lol. If you found this, you would advertise it in some way too...... -_-
Nobody looks in the general videos forum. I meant create a thread about it in the Dedede forums.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
I updated the OP with some more matchups, you guys should take a look at it.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
i kno rite? he's so terrible. esp east coast dededes. they make me wanna barf.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
I've gotten several infractions today...and I'm predicting a few more...

I need someone to vonlunteer to run this in case I get banned lol.

Coney

Smash Master
lol ddd is to big abnd is slow nad hes like ike, thats why he is not good

east coast sukcs in general, can you even name one pro to come from east coast??? THATS WHAT I THOUGHT!!!!!!

Gates

Banned via Warnings
lol ddd is to big abnd is slow nad hes like ike, thats why he is not good

east coast sukcs in general, can you even name one pro to come from east coast??? THATS WHAT I THOUGHT!!!!!!
i herd m2k was good but he lost to **** players liek atomsk and mango and ken a bunch of tiems so he obv sucks dats y he don't liek his vids bein recordd.

EDIT: omg, one more until 1000 get.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
i kno rite? who loses to west coast scrubs like dsf, srsly. west coast just as bad as east coast.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
i know rite!?! all dey do is camp an sheild and grab ledges lain is teh only good mw d3 an he can't even beat a n00b snake player liek ally consistently in tourney wtf.

What's really sad is that this is true rofl

Gates

Banned via Warnings
God **** I've spammed a lot today. I bet this is what choknater feels like.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
ok, that's enough of that. We had our fun, now let's go back to discussing Kirby.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Wow, thanks for continuing the discussion guys lol.

Kirby rediscussion can be closed now.
GAME & WATCH REDISCUSSION GO!

I'll start off with some stuff we talked about in the Dedede BR:
When you know the G&W is going to upB out of your dthrow, follow him with a uair.
Your bair and his will trade, with you taking 3% damage and him taking like 15%
Don't get nair juggled.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Yeah, April Fools kind of killed the discussion (what little of it there was.).

Fogo

Smash Shinigami
Wow, thanks for continuing the discussion guys lol.

Kirby rediscussion can be closed now.
GAME & WATCH REDISCUSSION GO!

I'll start off with some stuff we talked about in the Dedede BR:
When you know the G&W is going to upB out of your dthrow, follow him with a uair.
Your bair and his will trade, with you taking 3% damage and him taking like 15%
Don't get nair juggled.
You can just regrab if he di's up to try to upb, I usually look for that and bthrow the first time i catch him on it to get the most out of it.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Hey Gates why are you missing like ten matchups?
Because most of those matchups are really easy and/or rare. The ones I don't have are the characters we can infinite and characters who are very unlikely to be seen in tourney, and I'm planning on doing most of them during "Easy Win" Week. The only one I'm missing besides that is Link, which I'll do if someone suggests.

Top Bottom