• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Elements and Attributes Mafia - Game Over!

Xonar thinks you're generating content for content's sake
More accurate way to say it is that I think he's using the opportunity to come across as town.

None of his questions were loaded though. This reads incredibly antagonistic, especially given the questions at the time.
Thank you :v
I don't get this either. Elaborate, Gheb?

Who's their third scum mate?
Uhm, why are you asking that in this stage of the game? I'll be proud to find one scum before the first day is over, let alone THREE. Do YOU have three scum picks?

Same for this:
You need to fix this.
Wtf are you expecting of people?

I really don't like the fact that Gheb needed to add the bolded. It seems randomly tacked on and just looks like that wishy-washy bull**** I do as scum occasionally. It's like, why go out of your way to say "I wouldn't mind if he was lynched for this!" even though you think he's doing nothing wrong and there's no harm in it?
Concur. Just wondering, which head has been doing the posting so far and have you guys discussed stuff yet?

I actually like Ruy this game. Even if he may be a bit scatterbrained, his aim at you and subsequently Foxy was on point.
posting this so I can click the arrow and go back to the post to read it in context

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Wtf are you expecting of people?
That's bull and you know it.

He needs to at some point get some form of a read so we can read him on his action, he can't sit and twiddle his thumbs calling everyone null all day.

Yes, I expect better, because I have seen him do better.

If he has problems getting reads this game I can compromise, but **** that if you think he can sit on that.

1. Handorin
2. BadWolf28738
3. Aggressive Mediation (Ryker/WashedLaundry)
4. Dark Horse
5. Gheb_01
6. JTB
7. frozenflame751

8. Potassium
9. Legolas
10. Red Ruy
12. Foxy the Silver Fox (Anomandaris_Rake/Ranmaru)
13. Scylla & Charybdis (adumbrodeus/Swiss)

alright right now we need more people to chime in and talk. All the greenies have been way quiet.

Kantrip, can you tell me what you think should happen right now? Is Joker still the way to go? Can you outline why?

That's bull and you know it.

He needs to at some point get some form of a read so we can read him on his action, he can't sit and twiddle his thumbs calling everyone null all day.

Yes, I expect better, because I have seen him do better.

If he has problems getting reads this game I can compromise, but **** that if you think he can sit on that.
You're expecting someone to have 3 scumpicks before day 1 ends.

Are you...

Are you serious?

Yeah, he needs some form of reads, but not THREE SCUMPICKS omgwtfbbq? Is it bad enough to go out of your way to comment on it?

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
You're expecting someone to have 3 scumpicks before day 1 ends.

Are you...

Are you serious?

Yeah, he needs some form of reads, but not THREE SCUMPICKS omgwtfbbq? Is it bad enough to go out of your way to comment on it?
I want him to give me some kind of estimate, not him sitting on everyone being null at worst.

Kantrip

Kantplay
There are 5 lynches better than Ryu's? Who are they and why? The only one you said was me, and you mentioned Ryu. Why'd you even mention Ryu, but not the other 4 people that are better lynches than him?
You misunderstand. They are better because they are policy, as Ruy's would be.

I am not going to attempt to develop reads until later in the game.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Sooo you were expecting to policy lynch until then?
No. I was expecting to sheep Swiss, as evidenced by my first post. :p

Joker is the best lynch because EVERYONE has commented on him. There is soooo much information to gain AND he won't be helpful lategame! You can't ask for a better lynch than guaranteed scum, and who's to say he isn't?

@Ruy: I gave a random number when citing how many lynches would be better than yours, but hey let me humour you can pull up the readslist. Just a sec

Kantrip

Kantplay
1. Handorin - about the same level of lynch as ruy
2. BadWolf28738 - better lynch than ruy
3. Aggressive Mediation (Ryker/WashedLaundry) - worse lynch than ruy
4. Dark Horse - better lynch than ruy
5. Gheb_01 - worse lynch than ruy
6. JTB - better lynch than ruy
7. frozenflame751 - worse lynch than ruy
8. Potassium - worse lynch than ruy
9. Sworddancer. - worse lynch than ruy
10. Red Ruy - ruy
11. PrivateJoker-Brown - best lynch
12. Foxy the Silver Fox (Anomandaris_Rake/Ranmaru) - better lynch than ruy
13. Scylla & Charybdis (adumbrodeus/Swiss) - worse lynch than ruy

Badwolf, Dark Horse, JTB, Joker, Foxy better lynch than ruy
Hando the same as ruy
Everyone else worse lynch than ruy

There you go, but that really wasn't my point. The big point here is that I'm not basing my D1 lynch choice on my own reads because I don't trust them yet. Would rather go for info+policy+someone who is playing badly, aka Joker

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
1. Handorin ()
2. BadWolf28738 ()
3. Aggressive Mediation ()
4. Dark Horse ()
5. Gheb_01 (Legolas)
6. JTB ()
7. frozenflame751 ()
8. Potassium (Foxy)
9. Legolas()
10. Red Ruy ()
11. PrivateJoker-Brown (K, S&C, JTB, Gheb, Handorin)
12. Foxy the Silver Fox ()
13. Scylla & Charybdis (RR)

Not voting: BW, DH, FF, AM, PBJ

With 13 playing it takes 7 lynch!

Deadline is Monday, May 27th at 11:59 CST (GMT-6).

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
I apologize for my extended absence. Came down with a really bad head cold over the weekend and forgot to declare V/LA. All caught up now.

FF, what do you think of PJB?
My opinion of PJB is best reflected by this:

Oh it has teeth now, because you reacted poorly to it. I just need to decide whether it's pure weakness or your part or you're scum.
I think it's pretty clear that the case against PJB initially gained a lot more "teeth" as S&C put it after seeing the way he reacted to it. Regardless of where you stand on the whole debate of what a true townie ought to do wrt to balancing self preservation and scum hunting, I think it's pretty tough to actually argue that PJB comes of as townie based on his reactions.

But therein lies the problem. He struggled under pressure but it's tough to tell if that's because he's scum or just doesn't react to pressure well.

@BadWolf, DH, FF: What do you make of PJB's 125 (I want more than just "bleck" from you DH)?
It seems incredibly canned. Kind of like how a lawyer responds when defending his client if you know what I mean. What he says assumes his personal perspective and holds that perspective to be an objective standard, which it obviously isn't. The thing with that type of response though is it really only tells me that his objective is to show everyone how "confident" he is that he's a good guy, without any actual substantive support. I know I'm probably doing an awful job articulating what I mean here (yay head cold ruining by stream of consciousness) but here, take a look at this:

Oh you got facts huh? Let's see those facts, Gheb. I'm sure I'll be very impressed by how irrefutable they are.
This is what I'm talking about wrt to that whole "prove I'm innocent via confidence I'm innocent". Another thing I find kind of strange is how he jumps from being distanced and self protected (i.e. the "I'm sad that I'm wrongfully accused" defense) in 125, and then in this quote he jumps to being combative (i.e. the "I'm mad that I'm wrongfully accused" defense). Again though, this could be a result of either being bad at faking the whole "wrongfully accused" act, or just him actually feeling a range of different emotions because he doesn't know how to handle being wrongfully accused logically.

I'm going to have to give this a re-read to get some more clarity here, but yeah, at the end of the day I don't like PJB's defense at all.

Closing up at work now so I'll try to expand on this later tonight.

Kantrip

Kantplay
@S&C: I don't have anyone I feel that way about at this time. When I do develop reads I promise I will lay them out for you in as much detail as can possibly be expected of me. Let it be known that I am taking notes and compiling opinions.

Scylla & Charybdis

Smash Journeyman
>_>

unvote

PJB is town, required a bit of research and I was lazy about it but his reaction fits into his town mentality really well.
Cool with gheb
Cool with AM
Cool with Kantrip
Cool with RR
Disliking Xonar/swordsdancer a lot

vote: legowhatever

Handorin

Smash Hero
Uhm, why are you asking that in this stage of the game? I'll be proud to find one scum before the first day is over, let alone THREE. Do YOU have three scum picks?
I posted very clearly page 5 post 169 whom I picked for my scummers. I'm not super confident with Joker, it's more of me thinking he's just a viable lynch at this point in time. The other two I think are highly more likely.

Handorin

Smash Hero
No. I was expecting to sheep Swiss, as evidenced by my first post. :p

Joker is the best lynch because EVERYONE has commented on him. There is soooo much information to gain AND he won't be helpful lategame! You can't ask for a better lynch than guaranteed scum, and who's to say he isn't?

@Ruy: I gave a random number when citing how many lynches would be better than yours, but hey let me humour you can pull up the readslist. Just a sec
This is a good reason at this point buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut

1. Handorin - about the same level of lynch as ruy
2. BadWolf28738 - better lynch than ruy
3. Aggressive Mediation (Ryker/WashedLaundry) - worse lynch than ruy
4. Dark Horse - better lynch than ruy
5. Gheb_01 - worse lynch than ruy
6. JTB - better lynch than ruy
7. frozenflame751 - worse lynch than ruy
8. Potassium - worse lynch than ruy
9. Sworddancer. - worse lynch than ruy
10. Red Ruy - ruy
11. PrivateJoker-Brown - best lynch
12. Foxy the Silver Fox (Anomandaris_Rake/Ranmaru) - better lynch than ruy
13. Scylla & Charybdis (adumbrodeus/Swiss) - worse lynch than ruy

Badwolf, Dark Horse, JTB, Joker, Foxy better lynch than ruy
Hando the same as ruy
Everyone else worse lynch than ruy

There you go, but that really wasn't my point. The big point here is that I'm not basing my D1 lynch choice on my own reads because I don't trust them yet. Would rather go for info+policy+someone who is playing badly, aka Joker
What in the world is this supposed to mean? Are we... null/don't really need to be lynched pool?

3. Aggressive Mediation - Let us not derail the day phases because one of us is scum. My thread D1. Do make sure Laundry posts - he is, I think, the only player who gets progressively worse each game he plays/

This vector is so cute. Will you be the sine to my cosine or will you lead me down some tangent?

Here you show a fundamental lack of willingness to work alongside me.

Clearly your 'wagon' on Kantrip will be far more successful than a concerted push onto PJB who becomes agitated easily.

Please - show me your results since you seem so intent on halting mine.
You try your best but you're not a convincing Swiss. What exactly did you think of post #35?

Kantrip

Kantplay
That was literally an order of best to worst policy lynches because people wanted a list of all the people I thought were a better lynch than ruy

Should be no problem as long as he actually posts. Reading through inactivity and sparse posting isn't really my main forte but if he makes regular input I should have no issues handling it.

OK with it actually, especially after your play in Golden Sun. I mean, it's not like it's up to me to decide whether you'll achieve "leadership of town". That's up to the sheeps and the tools and you already correctly implied that I'm not part of them so even if you actually assume leadership at one point I'd have to deal with it. I think as long as I don't read you as scum [yes, I can actually do that] the pros of letting you do your thing will outweigh the cons anyway.

U can't see the benefit of an early wagon? Against the most defensive kind of player that could possibly exist? When he's already spreading FUD by discrediting power players? Like any other player in this game, S&S is innocent until proven guilty and therefore: Vote PrivateJoker-Brown
I like you...

Laundy should be payed attention to early, imo. He has the habit of starting off with an acceptable activity level and dropping various scumtells during Day 1 [check Ryu's Toonami and Golden Sun for reference]. Later in the game he has the tendency to become inactive and I have reason to believe that Ryker won't be that much more active. The earlier we can read the slot the sooner we can be sure whether we should lynch it or ignore it.

:059:
...but you're still an asshat.

Top Bottom