• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Elements and Attributes Mafia - Game Over!

Xonar, can you please replace out or let Sworddancer do the posting? I just remembered how this went last time and it wasn't pretty.
Actually, there's been a recent death in my family (my grandmother), and come Tuesday I'll be going up to Jacksonville for a couple of days to meet up with family. I won't be completely inactive, but Xonar will most likely be doing most of the work for awhile.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Lego, what bugs me about your argument is that you claim that I don't differentiate anti-town play and scummy play re: PJB. While I don't think that's true I'm not going to hold that line of thinking / arguing against you [for now]. However, your last batch of responses to my points kind of imply that you - probably not consciously - aren't that sure whether *my* way of playing is scummy or anti-town either and yet you vote me. I don't believe that you've thought your points and arguments through entirely and would appreciate if you two would start to coordinate your aguments and points against me, whether you're sure you if you think I'm scummy or just don't play to your expectations and other things, if you haven't done so yet.

When I feel better I can go into detail on where / why I think that you're using a double standard unless you can spot it yourselves.

:059:

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Responding to some of Legolas' questions

The deal with my #175? I'm just being a smartass to Gheb. Not much more than that.

wrt why I thought AM's vote was worse than yours or JTB's. Your vote read like an early RVS troll type post. Like, you were only wagoning me because you knew it wouldn't necessarily go anywhere, and maybe you wanted to see how people reacted to it. For JTB, I think someone else already said it but he's such a shameless coaster that I also didn't think much of it. Should I?

Now AM was different. AM tried to provide reasoning, but it was bad. They claimed that my wagon was good because of reasons Swiss and Gheb had provided. Go back and look, because Swiss hadn't really provided any sort of reasoning at that point, and Gheb hadn't exactly provided a ton either. Gheb had, indeed tried to make some points, and so did Ryu, but when I asked AM to cite some examples, they couldn't actually point to one. They literally pointed to quotes of Swiss and Gheb, and they were chastising Silver Fox. The quotes were barely even about me.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
In response to Gheb, I'm not sure what exactly it is you think I'm doing that's so deliberately unproductive. You insist that the Town has had to drag information out of me by putting me at L-2, but that's a ****ing ******** thing to say, because I was put at L-2 less than 12 hours into the game. Like, the wagon on me formed so fast, and you're surprised that I wasn't able to respond to it with all the game's answers? I'm sorry, I can't do that. I don't think there's many people who could.

I dunno why, I thought playing BL2 and League all day yesterday would make me come back to a ten page thread. My surprise when I have a page and a half. Awesome.

The more I look at the wagon, the more pissed off I get at the very idea that people's justification for initially wagoning me was, "He's really reactive and defensive all the time, let's wagon him and see what he does!" And now they're all appalled because I reacted exactly the way they expected me to.
You really have no understanding of subtlety, do you?

As I already stated, I think AM's reaction to the wagon was opportunistic. When I asked him why the reasoning for the wagon was so good, he gave me some quotes about Gheb and Scylla responding to Silver Fox about why an early wagon was a good idea, because I'm reactive. He didn't mention anything about me actually being scummy.
You asked me for quotes. I gave quotes that inspired my faith in the wagon. You kept saying it was an RVS wagon before that point when it clearly wasn't. You're running around in circles on this without doing anything with it.

Stop asking loaded questions and actually put forth your own stance. If you think I'm reading PJB wrong then just tell me how and why instead of making this a silly question and answer game between you and me.
None of his questions were loaded though. This reads incredibly antagonistic, especially given the questions at the time.

Your faith in my wagon was inspired by Swiss and Gheb stating that early wagons on reactive players are inherently a good idea?
Having been the target of similarly-based wagons before, yes. I understand their merit: reactive players are really easy to read by the nature of their reactions. Since they're easy to provoke, just provoke them and see what they do. It's easy and efficient and is usually fairly accurate. Having these types of wagons works two-fold, as you can also see who willingly hops on and why they are. They're good secondary options providing your initial target is actually town.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Yes but you saying my wagon "has teeth", to me, implies that the wagon was justified outside of just trying to read me. It sounded, to me, like you thought I was scum.

What's your current read on me, in that case? If I'm not scum, do you think anyone on my wagon is?
I still think you're scummy for that vote on me but it's fairly clear now you had no understanding of why it even happened. Legodumbasses have an interesting sight on Gheb too, and from what I remember, Gheb is likely to bus his mates, especially if he doesn't think they're good.

Possibly. I need to look more into Gheb. I admit to reading his initial posts to see his direction but then skimming his later ones because they read like typical "I'm Gheb, I'm salty, I follow no one and everyone is a sheep/tool" posts. What Legodumbasses brought up intrigued me enough to go back and take a second look.

yesyesyes PJB+Gheb has been swirling around in my head for a while too. Sword was kind of indifferent though "Mhm. Maybe."

Just checking by to say Ill do some more stuff tomorrow, weekends are usually busy for me (and my monday was part of my weekend so yeah). pce

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
I actually like Ruy this game. Even if he may be a bit scatterbrained, his aim at you and subsequently Foxy was on point.
What bothers me is that he aimed at me, while simultaneously aiming at Scylla. Scylla basically started the wagon on me, which was a wagon Ryu agreed with, yet he still found reason to challenge Scylla. Why? If he liked the direction the game was going, why attempt to establish new leadership by casting doubt on Scylla's slot like that?

What bothers me is that he aimed at me, while simultaneously aiming at Scylla. Scylla basically started the wagon on me, which was a wagon Ryu agreed with, yet he still found reason to challenge Scylla. Why? If he liked the direction the game was going, why attempt to establish new leadership by casting doubt on Scylla's slot like that?
That was 100% facetious.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Gheb is a bad D1 lynch.
AM is a bad D1 lynch.
Ruy is an okay D1 lynch.
Joker is a good D1 lynch.

I feel like Joker is deflecting to Ruy right now because he's twisting Ruy's actions. I am fine with getting a Joker claim.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Luckily for us, people don't claim just because kantrip asks them to.

Also, how am I "deflecting to Ryu"? If I was sitting here not questioning people or trying to gain, you all would be ******** at me for not scumhunting. How do I know that? Because I've already been ******* at for it. But now I'm trying to do stuff, and I'm being accused of "trying to distract people from my own lynch".

What am I supposed to be doing, kantrip? What's the version of this story where you're even slightly willing to believe I'm Town? Because I'm not seeing it. I'm scummy no matter what I do, as far as you're concerned, apparently. That's really top notch scumhunting you're doing, where you pick a target, label them as scum, and then refuse to believe that any other conclusion could ever possibly be true.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Your reasoning for disliking Ruy is shoddy at best. That's why I don't like it. He was doing some RVS **** early in the Day, and you're trying to push it for an inconsistency where he pushes you and S&C, when that isn't the case.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
That was 100% facetious.
What he said.

Btw I'm still leader of this town, follow me my faction town will win.

Totally didn't steal that line from Swiss or anything.

But yeah I am the leader this game, the vengeance, the darkness, the cop, the Sherlock hound, I am Ruy *insert thunder* /bored at work.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Luckily for us, people don't claim just because kantrip asks them to.

Also, how am I "deflecting to Ryu"? If I was sitting here not questioning people or trying to gain, you all would be *****ing at me for not scumhunting. How do I know that? Because I've already been *****ed at for it. But now I'm trying to do stuff, and I'm being accused of "trying to distract people from my own lynch".

What am I supposed to be doing, kantrip? What's the version of this story where you're even slightly willing to believe I'm Town? Because I'm not seeing it. I'm scummy no matter what I do, as far as you're concerned, apparently. That's really top notch scumhunting you're doing, where you pick a target, label them as scum, and then refuse to believe that any other conclusion could ever possibly be true.
I kinda agree with the no matter what he does people are calling it scummy part.

Ok PJB, can you give me a full readjust with so e reasons?

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Your reasoning for disliking Ruy is shoddy at best. That's why I don't like it. He was doing some RVS **** early in the Day, and you're trying to push it for an inconsistency where he pushes you and S&C, when that isn't the case.

Since you have me as a good lynch.

Kantrip

Kantplay
I said you are an okay lynch. Was just going through who I saw getting pushed from the top of my head. I don't have any reason to lynch you from your play.

Handorin

Smash Hero
yesyesyes PJB+Gheb has been swirling around in my head for a while too. Sword was kind of indifferent though "Mhm. Maybe."

Just checking by to say Ill do some more stuff tomorrow, weekends are usually busy for me (and my monday was part of my weekend so yeah). pce
Who's their third scum mate?

Handorin

Smash Hero
Gheb is a bad D1 lynch.
AM is a bad D1 lynch.
Ruy is an okay D1 lynch.
Joker is a good D1 lynch.

I feel like Joker is deflecting to Ruy right now because he's twisting Ruy's actions. I am fine with getting a Joker claim.
Same for you. Who would be the third of the scum trio?

Kantrip

Kantplay
That's a bad question.

I'm not even into the Gheb+PJB theory yet, but a third could be ANYONE. An inactive, some random person, hell if I know

Handorin

Smash Hero
I didn't mean that one for you. You listed ruy and joker as good lynches. I want to know who you think could go along side them.

Top Bottom