• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Elements and Attributes Mafia - Game Over!

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
There was no reasoning there, because note:

7‎:‎12‎ ‎AM
Dont worry though
Ill send you my thoughts as soon as Im done

See, I don't get why you have to make this public and posts logs and ****. Are you that salty that I got a read right that you got wrong?

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
Not really, your point about PJB trying to gain credit and AM getting a push that would be easy for scum seemed to have footing. The question I asked was legit, not sarcastic, even if it appeared that way.

I didn't think you;ll mind me making the log public, but I'll take it down if you want.

EDIT: Actually just took down the log. Apologizes to Xonar.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Haven't read how endgame played out besides you guys messing up but it's okay, they played really well. Their ability was just far too OP for town but I wasn't about to try to discredit it and prove it. My lynch sucked, cuz if I had survived that phase alone I would have been probably cleared or something no matter what NA plan we set up because of my untargetable passive. Sad day but really fun game

Kantrip

Kantplay
Salty at Gheb's reads being what they were.

Salty that Joker is upset about his lynch, it would have happened with or without the bussing. Obvscum was obv

Really well played by AM.

Wondering what people think I should have claimed instead of what I did? I was so townie and was given last claim and even then I didn't know what to do, and my claim ruined my entire game when it was going so well. Any tips would be much appreciated.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Obvscum was obv
Not to literally all the power players

The only person with thread control to push my lynch through, that actually wanted me dead, was my scummate. I would have lived for days, which would have, ya know, actually allowed me to play the game. I don't roll scum very often, and I wanted to play this game. I didn't get to.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Not to literally all the power players

The only person with thread control to push my lynch through, that actually wanted me dead, was my scummate. I would have lived for days, which would have, ya know, actually allowed me to play the game. I don't roll scum very often, and I wanted to play this game. I didn't get to.
I can't remember cuz it was so long ago, but didn't I make a compelling case? Wasn't S&C also on board?

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
No, S&C (specifically, adumb. I don't think Swiss had much of an opinion on me either way, and he was trusting adumb's read) was literally more convinced than anyone, except possibly Gheb, that I was going to flip town.

I don't think you really made an actual case. You might have, but I don't remember it. It probably didn't do anything, cuz everyone pretty much had their own opinion on me that never really changed. The only one who wavered was Swords, which is why he got so much flak the following day,

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Not really, your point about PJB trying to gain credit and AM getting a push that would be easy for scum seemed to have footing. The question I asked was legit, not sarcastic, even if it appeared that way.

I didn't think you;ll mind me making the log public, but I'll take it down if you want.

EDIT: Actually just took down the log. Apologizes to Xonar.
Nah, my bad. Thought it was sarcastic thus extremely passive aggressive. Shouldn't have assumed the worst.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
@kanty: don't claim janky **** and don't claim vig without shots on inactives in a game like this where your action can't be proved. Your claim stuck out like a sore thumb

Kantrip

Kantplay
What was your role?
I was the Element of surprise.

I had a passive ability called Un-surprisable which made me unable to be targeted with any abilities.
I had an active ability called Surprise! which would do a random effect out of four options:
1. Roleblock
2. Redirect to random target
3. Redirect to myself (this would bypass my passive and actually go off on me)
4. Kill

So in truth I was a 25% serial killer, 25% roleblocker, 50% random redirector who couldn't be targeted by night actions. Which made my game plan naturally to look as townie as possible and never worry about getting killed. The problem of course arose when I had to claim around all the roles in the game that could clear other roles. I just couldn't see a good way to do it. My safeclaim was Faith Healer-esque role with 50% to Kill target and 50% chance to protect them. I took out the protect part when I claimed because we already had too many protective claims, but obviously I should have just opted not to use my safe claim.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
i mean in that situation you were going to be in a hellish scenario to find a claim that actually matched it. the cool part is about 75% of your role didn't really have to be claimed because it wasn't noticeably visible to town outside of kills or the public messages being redirected (one of those was FF by the way), so you literally could've at least bull****ted something invisible.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
No, S&C (specifically, adumb. I don't think Swiss had much of an opinion on me either way, and he was trusting adumb's read) was literally more convinced than anyone, except possibly Gheb, that I was going to flip town.

I don't think you really made an actual case. You might have, but I don't remember it. It probably didn't do anything, cuz everyone pretty much had their own opinion on me that never really changed. The only one who wavered was Swords, which is why he got so much flak the following day,
i mean you have every right to be mad that you didn't get to play the game but at least don't be pissed at us for throwing the game because the only point we came close was if gheb/foxy decided to reveal us instead of badwolf and your lynch literally set up the rest of the game for us to win it.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Yeah I knew I didn't really have to claim any of my role because I couldn't be tracked or anything. I probably could have thought of something safer, because my claim really did stick out.

#HBC | Dancer

Ohhhhhh, I see how it is.

Well perhaps next time if you see me making a mistake you can step right in and stop me instead of baselessly telling players from the sidelines that "they should consider other options instead of lynching down a list." Wow real helpful. Continue to be just an incredibly useful asset to your alignment.

not your fault, you were obvtown
The problem:
25% Hando
35% me
39% Swords
1% AM
The blame game. Joke or not, I see you have yourself below me. It's pretty easy to take moral high ground above someone when they actually do something (but our mistaken about it) when you yourself do nothing but play the critic. Perhaps contribute before you criticize.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer

Well perhaps next time if you see me making a mistake you can step right in and stop me instead of baselessly telling players from the sidelines that "they should consider other options instead of lynching down a list." Wow real helpful. Continue to be just an incredibly useful asset to your alignment.

The blame game. Joke or not, I see you have yourself below me. It's pretty easy to take moral high ground above someone when they actually do something (but our mistaken about it) when you yourself do nothing but play the critic. Perhaps contribute before you criticize.

Those percentages, as far as the fault for town, are pretty accurate. I would add one to yours and subtract 5 from all of them to give Gheb. Then you have it.

#HBC | Dancer

Anyone in my position would have done the same. Even if I had played bad I don't want Nabe to think that he did better because he did nothing.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Nabe actually was higher on our lynch list than Orbo or Ruy exactly because of what he was doing. He KEPT our name out there when no one else would even if he didn't accomplish much with it. The sigh of relief when he posted his reads was long and loud.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
i mean you have every right to be mad that you didn't get to play the game but at least don't be pissed at us for throwing the game because the only point we came close was if gheb/foxy decided to reveal us instead of badwolf and your lynch literally set up the rest of the game for us to win it.
When did I say you threw the game? I said I didn't like the way you were handling my lynch D1, and that I thought it was the wrong way to go. I never said it was gonna throw the game.

I understand that a D1 bus like that can be useful for town cred, but I honestly didn't think it was going to actually carry you for as long as it did. With how long this game lasted, I figured there was no way they wouldn't eventually start questioning you.

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste

I said that in the situation where players were ready to lynch me, and with acknowledgment that I hadn't read the game and couldn't offer any evidence to support my gut suspicions. I knew Orbo was town. DH/BW scum was the only available vocal option to pursue, given the night actions, and upon the assumption that I could not possibly push a lynch on AM with my thread-clout. One of those lynches would've helped me escape my own lynch in order to go on a hunt on a fresh Day. AM was the "other option" that I hinted at when it was clear I would be lynched, one I didn't want to state too forcibly and thereby sour it by having shown that big ol' scummy Nabe wanted it, so I pointed in the direction of "other options" and promptly shut my mouth.

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
Someone told me that Sworddancer and Nabe were sharing a very heated moment together with lots of friction.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I gotta take blame for this.

I honestly made some bad NA decisions, not the rolecop part who I picked to see went where, and in thread my reads were bleh.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Nabe actually was higher on our lynch list than Orbo or Ruy exactly because of what he was doing. He KEPT our name out there when no one else would even if he didn't accomplish much with it. The sigh of relief when he posted his reads was long and loud.
Gonna vouch for this, Drew kept having the fear of Nabe as long as Nabe was alive. Given his penchant for reading me as scum and his general skill as a player, we kept a close eye on his actions and picked the best possible time to remove him. He and Swissdumb were probably the two slots that would cost us the game during the day phase.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
When did I say you threw the game? I said I didn't like the way you were handling my lynch D1, and that I thought it was the wrong way to go. I never said it was gonna throw the game.

I understand that a D1 bus like that can be useful for town cred, but I honestly didn't think it was going to actually carry you for as long as it did. With how long this game lasted, I figured there was no way they wouldn't eventually start questioning you.
You'd be surprised, young one. I did something very similar in Ryker Mafia and it carried me until PoE got me. Our claim here was a lot more null, and therefore a lot less likely to be suspected based on how we were playing.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Oriwa Rake. Kaizo ko ni oriwa naru
Didn't read after whatever happened to my slot.

Was right about Ryker and Knatrip, so I ain't even mad.

I'm not going to question how ryker lived so long.

GG ? Yeah GG

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Are you really bumping a thread that was dead a month to say that you were right about something you couldn't effect? Jesus man. Every time I start to think that maybe you aren't dumb, you do something stupid.

Top Bottom