• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Elements and Attributes Mafia - Game Over!

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Wait... that's how Gheb/Foxy's power worked? ..... why would you sacrifice 2 lives in exchange for confirmed townwolf? Could you not have picked... anyone else?

Anyway, ya'll didn't make AM claim his night actions like... even once? All he ever did was claim what powers he got, but I don't think he ever told you guys what he did with them. That's cuz he was killing ya.

Was pretty salty that AM bussed me so ****ing hard on D1 for no reason, but you guys actually did just hand him the rest of the game on a silver platter afterwards. So I guess well done? Bussing is OP, apparently.
Bussing is OP.

Also, if they had asked, then, without fail, I would've claimed to have protected Badwolf because our ability could alert us if Ruy visited us last night.

Super Fabulous

Joey|Ranmaru
Wait... that's how Gheb/Foxy's power worked? ..... why would you sacrifice 2 lives in exchange for confirmed townwolf? Could you not have picked... anyone else?

Anyway, ya'll didn't make AM claim his night actions like... even once? All he ever did was claim what powers he got, but I don't think he ever told you guys what he did with them. That's cuz he was killing ya.

Was pretty salty that AM bussed me so ****ing hard on D1 for no reason, but you guys actually did just hand him the rest of the game on a silver platter afterwards. So I guess well done? Bussing is OP, apparently.

It was between Nabe/Badwolf.

Gheb thought targetting AM would make people listen to him more (in the town light).

We sacrificed ourselves because we would look scummy afterwards cuz of previous events.

Here is the qt:

http://www.quicktopic.com/50/H/ws2ukBudbRs5j

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
You literally had to wait until the end of the game to get ahead. You were behind the whole game, because you were alone for the maximum amount of time possible. Who'd have guessed that the entire town would follow your lead without question, even in lylo? Like, they didn't even give 2 ****s that they were in lylo. They freaking quicklynched. That's hella ****ed up.

Super Fabulous

Joey|Ranmaru
It worked though. No one really doubted AM. Plus doing that does help the team, because it seems natural. Now if it were a bit more obvious, like shooting his partner when there was still a lynch, maybe people might have looked twice.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Me. I guessed that, actually. People tend to follow people who do things that scum wouldn't possibly do. Especially when they have a pretty solid alibi for being alive that long and there's a hyper indy scare due to lack of kills.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
It was between Nabe/Badwolf.

Gheb thought targetting AM would make people listen to him more (in the town light).

We sacrificed ourselves because we would look scummy afterwards cuz of previous events.

Here is the qt:

http://www.quicktopic.com/50/H/ws2ukBudbRs5j
You guys literally couldn't have made people listen to AM any more than they did. They didn't do anything without his say so. Targetting him was, in every way, the optimal move. Even if he had been town, you'd have had him actually confirmed, instead of... what ended up happening.

Super Fabulous

Joey|Ranmaru
True that. This is just me submitting to others. I need to step up a bit more when I am really convinced of a re-evaluation.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
It worked though. No one really doubted AM. Plus doing that does help the team, because it seems natural. Now if it were a bit more obvious, like shooting his partner when there was still a lynch, maybe people might have looked twice.
You should always doubt someone who is single-handedly leading the town. If everyone is deferring to one guy, that means scum are deferring to him too. Even if that dude is town, you need to stop listening to him.

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.

Honestly don't remember why, but I assumed AM wasn't doing anything with Night actions. Not that I cared.

The bolded is pretty untrue. It was a wise move for AM to bus you Day 1. You were dying Day 1. Had he not bussed you, he may not have lasted as long, and you probably would still have ended up dead.

You're also not considering the fact that AM saved me as scum and then allowed BW to be cleared as well. He then no killed liked every Night in the game while he was being protected (seriously a good move) to make it seem fairly obvious that there was just no way he could have been mafia.

You're ALSO not considering the fact that, outside of clearing/saving townies, his play on Day 1 through Day 3 was just plain townie as ****.

In retrospect it's my fault for not even considering the fact that AM could have been mafia no killing, and there were cracks in his play towards the end, mainly his lackadaisical approach towards lynches Day 5 onwards. However, I was just too fooled by all of the "THERE'S NO WAY SCUM WOULD DO THAT" moves to even consider it. I think though that, even if I did though, I still would have lynched in the order I did. Maybe I might not have lynched Orbo Day 6. Who knows.

#HBC | Dancer

It ****ing WAS, and your WIFOMie reads would not have changed mine or anyone elses opinion on that Xonar.

On that topic, why did you have to leave me bro? Also, earlier on Skype you said that you wished you could play because you had a lot to say. What was it that you wanted to talk about?

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
Ryker accidentally revealed his alignment to Xonar and I took the fall for it.

Super Fabulous

Joey|Ranmaru
Haha yeah. Although I should just step up whenever I get a doubt in reads in thread and try to deal with it that way then just relying on a cop.

#HBC | Dancer

Gova how did the questions reflect on the role we got?

Also I propose everyone post their answers to the questions now.

#HBC | Dancer

Would you rather?

Create or destroy?
Be faster or slower?
Hurt or heal?
Have heart or soul?
Be positive or negative?
Buff or debuff?
Paralyze or mobilize?
Surprise or be surprised?
Make clear or obscure?
Have nothing or do nothing?
Be a follower or a leader?
Inform or conceal?

My answers:

create
faster
heal
soul
positive
buff
mobilize
be surprised
make clear
have nothing
leader
inform

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
You literally had to wait until the end of the game to get ahead. You were behind the whole game, because you were alone for the maximum amount of time possible. Who'd have guessed that the entire town would follow your lead without question, even in lylo? Like, they didn't even give 2 ****s that they were in lylo. They freaking quicklynched. That's hella ****ed up.
Yeh but go through the thread and count all the times swordy said we wouldn't do what we did as scum. It's at least double digits. Our bus on you set up all of that

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Laundry, tell me what I could have done better this game?
Not replace into an inactive slot 5 days in after our control on thee game was pretty much asserted. You were a victim of no one looking incrdibly scummy, therefore eeveryone looking incredibly scummy, and we wanted you dead. Your lynch wasn't really your fault and you would've been. Hard-pressed to get us lynched. Had you been there from the start, you would've been harder to lynch. I already thought you would be somewhat hard, given the way you were playing but we got to play the poe game with you.

Super Fabulous

Joey|Ranmaru
Eh, just more like a wrong action kinda thing. We had to both compromise on a target, since it took both our lives to clear.

It's partly my fault because I didn't push you guys much myself in thread anyways.

I would like some tips on my play here

Orboknown

Smash Hero
Not replace into an inactive slot 5 days in after our control on thee game was pretty much asserted. You were a victim of no one looking incrdibly scummy, therefore eeveryone looking incredibly scummy, and we wanted you dead. Your lynch wasn't really your fault and you would've been. Hard-pressed to get us lynched. Had you been there from the start, you would've been harder to lynch. I already thought you would be somewhat hard, given the way you were playing but we got to play the poe game with you.
Swords >°>

SO in other words, don't replace in and I'd have been fine. Alright.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Eh, just more like a wrong action kinda thing. We had to both compromise on a target, since it took both our lives to clear.

It's partly my fault because I didn't push you guys much myself in thread anyways.

I would like some tips on my play here
Don't listen to gheb, don't use a one-shot, life-taking mod-confirmed clear on a slot like badwolf. Even if it wasn't on us, putting that on someone else that would do more with untouchable status would've helped town tremendously later in the game. Had you used that on nabe, we probably would've lost. We certainly would've had to have kept him around longer than we wanted cause we couldn't lynch him.

Outside of that, I dunno. I don't remember the details of what happened early in this game. While he was your neighbor, you should've 100% suspected a guy trying to push a lynch on a guy with a doc claim that has been confirmed by another role. Put that in tandem with pjb's lynch and you'd have to wonder why scum had so much protection on it, wouldn't you? Outside of that, you were fine. Just be more skeptical of a neighbor.

Handorin

Smash Hero
First off, these were my answers:
Destroy
Fast
Hurt
Soul
Positive
Debuff
Paralyze
Surprise
Obscure
Do nothing
Follower
Conceal

Secondly:
This post was not a crumb, despite what players said several times throughout the game. And I forgot who said it, but I know that gravitation and magnetism are different. It wasn't referencing my role. However, many of the posts I made after that made some sort of electricity.

SC- why do you assume I'm one of the few to actually say something about you assuming leadership? Have you gotten vibe from other games, or is it merely because I'm old school with "experience"?
Also, why Gheb?

And of course I have issues with it. Those to be followed must prove themselves through out the game, and players may gradually gravitate toward them. However, you should know that I get what I want done in a game, and in especially this one, you might find many players actions will be somehow influenced by me.
Thirdly:

So,
Joker is playing badly at best, can't confirm that he's scum, but I'm thinking likely.
Kantrip is his scum mate and busses him from the get go.
Foxy is also (potential) scum mate and backing Kantrip's stance and explaining his actions for him.

Discuss.
Called 3/4 of scum here, even if one ended up being indy. I wasn't expecting a fourth until after the first Indy was lynched, just like everyone else. It became even more obvious as the game progressed that these guys were scum. Don't expect me to find stuff though. I only have access to my phone. My wife broke her laptop charger yesterday, my iPad broke 2 days ago and my computer has no Internet, not that it matters because my wife password protected it and forgot it. So now I can't use it until I somehow get around that.

Definitely well played by AM. In retrospect, it should've been a flag that he was the sole leader and he never claimed what he was actually doing, but I'm sure things wouldn't have changed much.

#HBC | BadWolf

Crusader of Ponies
"Think of it like: as town, he jus goes, but as scum his posts have this calculated an layed out feel like he's pandering his posts to ya"

This made me laugh.

Cause it's true.

Also, PJB stop the ****ing salt. Your faction won, don't be so damn angry about it.

:applejack:

Top Bottom