• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Eldiran's PSAs 'n' Stuff: Newest - Zero 1.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeruel21

Smash Journeyman
My thoughts on 1.2

-The new smashes are well implemented and add a degree of depth that was lacking in the ground game. However, Ryuenjin has little to no killing power, making it ineffective to the point that I just jump to intercept an aerial opponent.
-The buffs to attacks are entirely non-intrusive, and have given him an edge that he had been lacking previously.
-Throws still need improvement.
-The restoration of dash in midair was crucial, it's much more balanced when compared to other characters' recovery.
-Shield Boomerang is improved, but still hard to get out. I've mostly found myself getting it out at a distance, and then mixing it in as the opponent approaches. The fixes on protection are nice.
-The reversal of the tether on Up-b is helpful, but I find it triggering unintentionally. Overall, it isn't very useful.

Possible improvements:
-Give Ryuenjin more knockback or an interesting knockback vector for combos
-Improve knockback or vectors on all throws except back
-Remove tether effect from Up-b
-Add to Shield Boomerang. Variable throw strength or reflecting while thrown (which you mentioned you couldn't do) are my thoughts.

Overall, he's much better. You already had an awesome character, and this fine-tuning is going perfectly. Just a little further and he'll be perfect.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Stealth update! I replaced the v1.2 download links so that now a) I'm not accidentally packaging Link's Zora outfit, and b) Up+B as a tether only fires if it would be aiming for the edge. Hopefully that should alleviate the problems at least a tad.

-Down B in the air is WORTHLESS. If you have the shield you should throw it and if you dont why would you want to equip it to start falling + prevent the ability to side Dash.
-Z-Air (Including the UP B version) is also pretty worthless and causes issues when you try to tether. Many times even at point blank range of a ledge this comes out instead, causing Zero to fall to his doom, when he should not have.
-Dashing on ground is still really bad compared to the air version for both Side B and Up B.
-Double Tapping B when you up-B Cancels it into the Zair. This is a really bad thing, you should make it so you cant use it until the Up-B completes.
-Still cannot dash Dance in Brawl+ and it is really annoying.

[...]

-Make the Shield worth having. Example

-Allow Zero to dash while using it, however using it means Zero cannot Grapple/tether, use the Special Ground Dash attacks (that I suggested above) or Attack from a dash in the air (because he is holding a shield so makes sense).
-Give the shielded version of the Dash some Invincibility frames and a little extra FX to show the Shield cutting the air/protecting Zero from the front. I know someone has the perfect effect for this, but the characters name/move eludes me atm. This could also have a slightly shorter range in the air (due to the extra weight of the shield) but also ram things it collides with (making this an attack instead of the ability to dash in the air).

And last but not least.

DISABLE Equip of the Shield in the AIR!.

Keep up the good work. He is fun to play and far from overpowered. Lvl 9 CPU still kick my *** when I use him :chuckle:
Thanks very much for the in-depth feedback! I actually find the shield very useful. Being able to draw it out in the air is also useful if you are over the stage. Though Up B is almost totally useless while on the ground, I agree. That isn't unprecedented, however; consider Lucario.

As for adding attacks specific to the dashes, I find that they are already incredibly potent. I also think Zero has enough attacks already <.<

I will look into the creation of a dash dance for Zero.

I'm not sure if you fixed this in 1.2 yet, because I haven't gotten to play with it, but, if you fire his neutral B while holding an item, he drops the item. I assume it has to do with generating an invisible gun for him to fire.
Yep, you're spot on. Unfortunately this is unavoidable. It's like Snake pulling out a grenade.

It only happened once, but the Game froze while I was testing Zero. I was playing around with his nair, and upon landing it happened.
That's very odd. I've used nair like crazy without any glitches... Did he have his final smash? Did you press down during the nair? Let me know if similar things occur again... unfortunately I have no clue just yet.

@Scorchio: I love that song! 'Twill be added to the OP at some point, definitely.

My thoughts on 1.2

-The new smashes are well implemented and add a degree of depth that was lacking in the ground game. However, Ryuenjin has little to no killing power, making it ineffective to the point that I just jump to intercept an aerial opponent.
-The buffs to attacks are entirely non-intrusive, and have given him an edge that he had been lacking previously.
-Throws still need improvement.
-The restoration of dash in midair was crucial, it's much more balanced when compared to other characters' recovery.
-Shield Boomerang is improved, but still hard to get out. I've mostly found myself getting it out at a distance, and then mixing it in as the opponent approaches. The fixes on protection are nice.
-The reversal of the tether on Up-b is helpful, but I find it triggering unintentionally. Overall, it isn't very useful.

Possible improvements:
-Give Ryuenjin more knockback or an interesting knockback vector for combos
-Improve knockback or vectors on all throws except back
-Remove tether effect from Up-b
-Add to Shield Boomerang. Variable throw strength or reflecting while thrown (which you mentioned you couldn't do) are my thoughts.

Overall, he's much better. You already had an awesome character, and this fine-tuning is going perfectly. Just a little further and he'll be perfect.
Thanks! To address his throws, I am not sure they really need the help; he is already an incredible force to be reckoned with, especially against foes with low priority or disjoint. They do kill when at absurd percents, and function well as damage builders or for repositioning your enemy. (Also you can steal items!)

That's exactly what I want to hear for Shield Boomerang -- I hoped it would be a situational tool that would give him a small edge when he has the chance. It's definitely useful, but not useful enough to make Zero want to be a projectile fighter.

Ryuenjin is admittedly less useful than Raijingeki. I think I'm okay with that -- Ryuenjin doesn't lack kill power (it's approximately equal to his regular upsmash), it's just hard to hit with as a fully charged smash. You're really only going to land it if an enemy is dawdling on a platform above you.

As stated at the top of this post, the tether Up+B has been slightly modified to be less risky.

ChronicleX

Smash Cadet
Thanks very much for the in-depth feedback! I actually find the shield very useful. Being able to draw it out in the air is also useful if you are over the stage. Though Up B is almost totally useless while on the ground, I agree. That isn't unprecedented, however; consider Lucario.

As for adding attacks specific to the dashes, I find that they are already incredibly potent. I also think Zero has enough attacks already <.<

I will look into the creation of a dash dance for Zero.
Dashing is critical, if you are not abusing it you are dead and that is why the shield is bad. Adding dash attacks would allow his ground game to be mixed up instead of having to Dash -short-hop Nair all the time to get near. You are not giving him new moves, you are allowing him to make use of more of them. Also you cannot compare his UP-B to Lucario. His can be controlled in the air, his can be used to quickly ledgegaurd and aimed more than straight up.

Shield being poo, Lack of dash dancing and ground game being vastly worthless compared to his airgame are his main problems atm. There is no reason to not Dash-SH-Nair over a normal Dash-Dashattack to be offensive. NONE AT ALL.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
So, there isn't a dark zero skin in this new package?
Alas, no. But I did put the texture's download link in the Misc. Downloads section just now, along with Scorchio's song.

Dashing is critical, if you are not abusing it you are dead and that is why the shield is bad. Adding dash attacks would allow his ground game to be mixed up instead of having to Dash -short-hop Nair all the time to get near. You are not giving him new moves, you are allowing him to make use of more of them. Also you cannot compare his UP-B to Lucario. His can be controlled in the air, his can be used to quickly ledgegaurd and aimed more than straight up.

Shield being poo, Lack of dash dancing and ground game being vastly worthless compared to his airgame are his main problems atm. There is no reason to not Dash-SH-Nair over a normal Dash-Dashattack to be offensive. NONE AT ALL.
It's true, Dashing is Zero's game, basically. However, the shield still has use, if you are inclined to play defensively, or more likely, if your opponent is far away or off the edge.

A dash -> dash attack can be quite useful actually, and is in many cases better to use than aerial dash -> nair. It just is much worse as an approach.

The similarity between Zero's and Lucario's Up+B is only that they are both near useless on the ground. The only use of Zero's on the ground is that it sends him further up than a regular jump would.

@Rykoshet: I'm glad to hear the Up+B change was worthwhile.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Doesnt Zero has UB0R GIGANTIC finisher Problems?
Only version 1.0 truly suffered from this; the other two I'd say Zero just had very sub-par killing power. Which makes up for his excellent damage racking ability.

I'd say Zero's Bair could use a sweet spot to give him the kill power he still doesn't have enough of.
It actually has a sweet spot - the tip of the foot does 11%, and subsequently deals the most knockback. It makes a crunch noise when you hit with it, unlike the other hitboxes.

Megaman X

Smash Journeyman
Did you change the hitbox on the upair? It feels different in a good way.

ChronicleX

Smash Cadet
It's true, Dashing is Zero's game, basically. However, the shield still has use, if you are inclined to play defensively, or more likely, if your opponent is far away or off the edge.

A dash -> dash attack can be quite useful actually, and is in many cases better to use than aerial dash -> nair. It just is much worse as an approach.
Thing is with Dash you can be offensive AND defensive at the same time. Using the shield leaves you as a sitting duck. Shop hop dashing allows you to use any air attack over the 1 ground dash attack and you end up flying faster than staying on the ground (Brawl+ version ofc).

The shield and dashing without short hopping is worthless, they currently have no purpose. Might be different in vBrawl where anyone barely has to move at all but in Brawl+ at least ground dashing and the shield are utterly utterly worthless.

toddtj

Smash Apprentice
I don't know if it has it been mentioned yet, but over-dash while zero is still moving away from being smashed, causes him to move upwards, rather than sideways. This gimps it considerably.

Ver 1.2 is much more balanced. I still find my opponents reaching almost insulting percentages before dying, but they get there much quicker now. I was somewhat nervous to upgrade because I liked the previous version so much, but I am definitely glad I did. Everything feels more or less the same- except, better.
I like the tether on up-b. I think it is perfect, now that it fires conditionally.

I don't find Zero to be over powered.

Eldiran, I'd still like to hear your thoughts on my two ideas:
-Ryuenjin as up-B in shield state.
-Up-dash creates a small jet-boot flame that is a weak spike.

bboynotbgirl

Smash Journeyman
i dont know if this has been mentioned, but the entry animation where he unsheathes his "sword" takes too much time. lvl 9 cpus get to me even before i can do anything. so i was just hoping that you can speed it up so the player wont be super open at the start of the match

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Did you change the hitbox on the upair? It feels different in a good way.
Not any hitbox size changes, no. Though it has more KBG now (it kills sooner). Also Up air has less landing lag.

Thing is with Dash you can be offensive AND defensive at the same time. Using the shield leaves you as a sitting duck. Shop hop dashing allows you to use any air attack over the 1 ground dash attack and you end up flying faster than staying on the ground (Brawl+ version ofc).

The shield and dashing without short hopping is worthless, they currently have no purpose. Might be different in vBrawl where anyone barely has to move at all but in Brawl+ at least ground dashing and the shield are utterly utterly worthless.
I still have to disagree. I don't even play B+ but I know dashing on the ground is not worthless. If anything it is simply a good method of travel. Inferior to air dashing, yes, but definitely not worthless. Also, remember that you can grab out of ground dashes, which is an option air dashing does not allow.

I don't know if it has it been mentioned yet, but over-dash while zero is still moving away from being smashed, causes him to move upwards, rather than sideways. This gimps it considerably.

Ver 1.2 is much more balanced. I still find my opponents reaching almost insulting percentages before dying, but they get there much quicker now. I was somewhat nervous to upgrade because I liked the previous version so much, but I am definitely glad I did. Everything feels more or less the same- except, better.
I like the tether on up-b. I think it is perfect, now that it fires conditionally.

I don't find Zero to be over powered.

Eldiran, I'd still like to hear your thoughts on my two ideas:
-Ryuenjin as up-B in shield state.
-Up-dash creates a small jet-boot flame that is a weak spike.
Unfortunately the over-dash sending you upwwards is not changeable; it's a thing inherent in how momentum works. I don't find it's all that detrimental though, considering you still retain the forward momentum of the dash afterward.

I'm glad you enjoy 1.2. I think Zero will always be taking opponents to very high percents, unless I were to make his attacks themselves deal insultingly low percents apiece (like the nair dealing 5%, or fair dealing 7%).

Regarding Ryenjin with the shield ... there are a number of small reasons that make me hesitant about that. For one, we've admitted it's thematically weird. Second, unless it put Zero into freefall, I think it would be too powerful to have a recovery move that can KO as well as an upsmash. If I did have it cause freefall, it would likely gimp Zero's recovery more than it would help it. Also, I'd prefer to keep the shield's uses as strictly defensive.

About Up+B having small jets of semi-spike flame... I think I like that idea. I may implement it.

i dont know if this has been mentioned, but the entry animation where he unsheathes his "sword" takes too much time. lvl 9 cpus get to me even before i can do anything. so i was just hoping that you can speed it up so the player wont be super open at the start of the match
It should be the same length as Link's... except I just noticed I have it slowed down for some reason. I'll probably speed it up.

toddtj

Smash Apprentice
Unfortunately the over-dash sending you upwwards is not changeable; it's a thing inherent in how momentum works. I don't find it's all that detrimental though, considering you still retain the forward momentum of the dash afterward.
Perhaps I am remembering incorrectly, but when it happened to me, it only evened my horizontal speed and boosted my vertical speed. When it ended, I was falling, more or less, strait downwards. It's not a big deal- one can learn to deal with it.
I'm glad you enjoy 1.2. I think Zero will always be taking opponents to very high percents, unless I were to make his attacks themselves deal insultingly low percents apiece (like the nair dealing 5%, or fair dealing 7%).
I like that he takes them at a high percentile- it makes him interesting.
Regarding Ryenjin with the shield ... there are a number of small reasons that make me hesitant about that. For one, we've admitted it's thematically weird.
I agree that it is illogical for zero to need a shield to perform Ryenjin, but it could simply be that the shield weighs him down to much for the jet boots, so he uses Ryenjin instead. As for it being a two handed attack in cannon: his blade wasn't mounted on his wrist in cannon.
Second, unless it put Zero into freefall, I think it would be too powerful to have a recovery move that can KO as well as an upsmash. If I did have it cause freefall, it would likely gimp Zero's recovery more than it would help it. Also, I'd prefer to keep the shield's uses as strictly defensive.
I always thought it should put Zero in freefall. It would gimp his recovery- that is the point. The idea is for him to have to choose between a quite powerful and versatile attack, and his amazing recovery. AKA: Power mode or Agility mode. In power mode, not only would he have better defense, he would have better offense. That makes sense to me.

Actually, ignore all that- honestly, with the new buffs to his damage racking, he has enough kill moves now, so I don't really want Ryenjin on up-B anymore. I still think it could be interesting, but I can understand your hesitation. Now that he is buffed, I prefer his unique up-b, anyway.

I'd still love that spike added, however.

Zephil

Smash Ace
I think ryuenjin would be a great choice for UpB because is such a waste of a good move that just appear when the Usmash is full charged, but the Upb right now is also really good... to be honest I really think that he needs another move to kill... he has fast moves that do damage quick but still is missing that finishing move because the ones he have are fairly slow so ryuenjin could be a great choice and... I am gimping more with Zero than killing...

well this is all I think right, I will continue checking this version

LordshadowRagnarok

Smash Journeyman
A couple suggestions I have (Mainly because I'm a spike *****) I'd like to see some way for Zero to spike. Nothing like Samus's spike, just like, maybe the tip of his sword when he uses his Bair, or, as was suggested earlier, his up B.

mofo_

Smash Ace
zero is really cool. i find it weird that using side taunt while in the air or while running will make you do sideb, but thats not a problem. his moves are great! he can do reverse hyrule jump :D

ChronicleX

Smash Cadet
I still have to disagree. I don't even play B+ but I know dashing on the ground is not worthless. If anything it is simply a good method of travel. Inferior to air dashing, yes, but definitely not worthless. Also, remember that you can grab out of ground dashes, which is an option air dashing does not allow.
Short hop dashing is akin to dashing on the ground because you barely leave it, yet allows you todo so much more. Dashing on the ground into a grab as Zero in B+ is impossible since you cannot dash dance and Short Hop Dash - Nair DI Down - Grab is Vastly superior.

Ground dashing is 1/2 the speed of the short hop dash, gives you less attack options, less approach options, less range, less everything while being no-where near as safe.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
The second hit of the jab is a weak spike.. It's kinda cool.

Also, in B+ version - The momentum he keeps out of SideB is INSANE.

Zero's a lot of fun though. And that side taunt is seriously amazing.

D.B.K.

Smash Ace
NNID
tinyfuses
Eldiran, are you ever going to update Wisp?

Zero is much better in this build.

goaliedude3919

Smash Rookie
First of all, I'd like to say great job on Zero and Wisp! They're absolutely amazing. That being said, I think that they both have room for improvement:

Zero: For a character like Zero, being able to chase people is key, especially off the edge. I'd like to see his aerials have a bit more knockback to them. I also think that Nair should go back to having 10% instead of 6-8%. And I agree with one of the above posters that the down slash thing out of Nair should spike. The last aerial change i have is to his Zair. I think you should either make the hitstun more on that move or make the landing lag less, because whenever I use it, it seems to be more of an advantage to the other player than to me. I Zair, they come closer, they start using an attack while I'm landing, I receive more damage than them from that altercation. Also, I think his down smash should have an extended hitbox to the sides. As of now, his D Smash seems to hit more above him than to the sides. You might want to make D Smash have a little less start up lag as well because It seems a bit sluggish to me. The last thing I have to say about Zero is about his grabs. If it's possible, you might want to make his grabs have less ending lag. With the ending lag that the grabs have now, it still seems more like a grapple grab than a normal grab. And one minor glitch that I've come across is that I occasionally lose my jumps when I >B off the edge or I only get one jump when I jump and either Nair or >B over the edge.

Wisp: My biggest complaint is that Wisp doesn't go into a bubble when it's off the screen. This can be annoying at times because I no longer know where I am until I come back on the screen. It also makes DI a little harder. Now, for it's moves, I think you should either make Up Smash have a larger spark/hitbox at the top, or maybe even switch it with up tilt, but reverse the damage percentages. For his aerials, I think his Uair should extend up a little more, kinda like Ivysaur's. Also, I think it would be cool if you make Dair spike if connect with the very bottom of the move. For his specials, I think Down B has a little too much charge time, especially since the other people are usually out of the ground by the time you get over to them, unless you're on a small stage. I also have found no use for his ^B. Maybe if you made it so that you could kill some one through the roof with it or something, but as of now, I haven't really found a purpose for it.

I hope you'll at least consider some of my suggestions. I'd like to say again that you've done an amazing job so far and I can't wait to see what else you come up with!

junrob

Smash Rookie
I Like your Zero a lot.
But there are some issues with the Brawl+ version

1. I think change the brawl+ version so that he doesn't fall as fast, even with the improved UpB
I notice he repeatedly ends up plummeting to his death.:urg:

2. Maybe its just me, but his moves don't really flow into each other effectively. Its hard to combo with him, I felt like i was doing the same move over and over.

Thank You...

Eldiran

Smash Lord
@Shadic: Thanks! I'm actually wondering if I should make the B+ momentum work the same as in vBrawl...

Perhaps I am remembering incorrectly, but when it happened to me, it only evened my horizontal speed and boosted my vertical speed. When it ended, I was falling, more or less, strait downwards. It's not a big deal- one can learn to deal with it.

[...]

I'd still love that spike added, however.
I'm realizing that you're right -- momentum does not transfer if you Side+B out of getting hit. That's a Brawl+ specific thing -- it does transfer in vBrawl, because of the nature of how I designed it/of how B+ works.

I concur with everything you said about the Up+B, but I'm still thinkin' he doesn't need more KO power. So, I'm just going to go ahead and give his Up+B a weak spike.

I think ryuenjin would be a great choice for UpB because is such a waste of a good move that just appear when the Usmash is full charged, but the Upb right now is also really good... to be honest I really think that he needs another move to kill... he has fast moves that do damage quick but still is missing that finishing move because the ones he have are fairly slow so ryuenjin could be a great choice and... I am gimping more with Zero than killing...

well this is all I think right, I will continue checking this version
Thanks! I find Zero often will be gimping more than killing... which is okay. I'm very hesitant to shore up his only weakness, which is that he has difficulty killing, so I'm going to stick with the regular Up+B for now.

Short hop dashing is akin to dashing on the ground because you barely leave it, yet allows you todo so much more. Dashing on the ground into a grab as Zero in B+ is impossible since you cannot dash dance and Short Hop Dash - Nair DI Down - Grab is Vastly superior.

Ground dashing is 1/2 the speed of the short hop dash, gives you less attack options, less approach options, less range, less everything while being no-where near as safe.
I agree with most of what you're saying, but I still know the ground dash not useless, because ground dashing takes less time and button input than short hop dashing. If your opponent is only a dash or less away and vulnerable, you'd be better dashing forward and grabbing/slashing. Not only is it simpler to pull off, it's faster and deals more damage in most cases.

I don't actually remember why we were arguing about if it was useful or not, though...

Eldiran, are you ever going to update Wisp?

Zero is much better in this build.
I plan to update Wisp, but I'm running into some difficulties. Originally I was going to use a Jigglypuff costume Vile modified for me to have Jigglypuff's model gone, but there are huge graphical glitches on a few stages. I need to find some way to make Jigglypuff... not there... without using the Invisibility command. Then I'll be able to release a very improved version. If anyone knows how to do this, please help me out.

First of all, I'd like to say great job on Zero and Wisp! They're absolutely amazing. That being said, I think that they both have room for improvement:

Zero: For a character like Zero, being able to chase people is key, especially off the edge. I'd like to see his aerials have a bit more knockback to them. I also think that Nair should go back to having 10% instead of 6-8%. And I agree with one of the above posters that the down slash thing out of Nair should spike. The last aerial change i have is to his Zair. I think you should either make the hitstun more on that move or make the landing lag less, because whenever I use it, it seems to be more of an advantage to the other player than to me. I Zair, they come closer, they start using an attack while I'm landing, I receive more damage than them from that altercation. Also, I think his down smash should have an extended hitbox to the sides. As of now, his D Smash seems to hit more above him than to the sides. You might want to make D Smash have a little less start up lag as well because It seems a bit sluggish to me. The last thing I have to say about Zero is about his grabs. If it's possible, you might want to make his grabs have less ending lag. With the ending lag that the grabs have now, it still seems more like a grapple grab than a normal grab. And one minor glitch that I've come across is that I occasionally lose my jumps when I >B off the edge or I only get one jump when I jump and either Nair or >B over the edge.

Wisp: My biggest complaint is that Wisp doesn't go into a bubble when it's off the screen. This can be annoying at times because I no longer know where I am until I come back on the screen. It also makes DI a little harder. Now, for it's moves, I think you should either make Up Smash have a larger spark/hitbox at the top, or maybe even switch it with up tilt, but reverse the damage percentages. For his aerials, I think his Uair should extend up a little more, kinda like Ivysaur's. Also, I think it would be cool if you make Dair spike if connect with the very bottom of the move. For his specials, I think Down B has a little too much charge time, especially since the other people are usually out of the ground by the time you get over to them, unless you're on a small stage. I also have found no use for his ^B. Maybe if you made it so that you could kill some one through the roof with it or something, but as of now, I haven't really found a purpose for it.

I hope you'll at least consider some of my suggestions. I'd like to say again that you've done an amazing job so far and I can't wait to see what else you come up with!
Thanks! As I mentioned to DBK, I'm planning on updated Wisp. He'll be much easier on the eyes, as well as being quite a bit more potent. The bubble issue will be fixed as well. For example, DownB will be able to be shielded out of. More importantly, thanks to IndigoFenix' Shadowbeast Ganon, I've figured out how to charge his SideB based on hitting opponents. (Apparently the If Hit with Hitbox only works in the GFX section?? Who knew?)

Anyway, that'll all happen if I can figure out this model-deletion thing.

As for Zero, I think the current (though small) increases to kill power on his aerials should be enough. Dsmash is also already incredibly potent, in my opinion. His Zair usually does work as you say, though. He can't stun the opponent with it until they get into high percents, at which point you can pull of at least Zair -> Jab combo. Losing jumps is a glitch I haven't heard of yet... the only way I know you can lose your jump with Zero is by wall jumping 5 times or more.

Thanks for the feedback!

@junrob: Yeah, I guess his other weakness besides low kill power is that he is prone to suicides. B+ doesn't have a universal fall speed modifier or anything, does it? #2 is also probably true.

I'm not sure if it's my BBRawl codeset that's effecting it (I doubt it) but whenever I try to run (tap the control stick forward twice), he stops moving, then starts walking.

-_-

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
wouldn't just taking out the model in brawlbox work? or, I guess thatd mean providing a texture right? or am I on the wrong track?

Joshua368

Smash Apprentice
Zero is loads of fun! But his speed (nearly as fast as sonic!) seems to make him a little overpowered when someone who knows what he's doing gets a hold of him. I definitely wouldn't recommend buffing him any further! My friend (tournament-winning level of skill) was able to massacre almost everyone else predominantly by using Forward B --> Nair back and forth, very hard to attack zero when he's zipping around nonstop like that and it can do around 30 damage per attack with that thing! (multiple hits from spinning) Doesn't seem like most other people here are having issues with his balance though... seems odd as he is extremely powerful as is!

Definitely no trouble chaining aerial combos though, dash spamming with zipping all over the place is very fun and unique!

Eldiran

Smash Lord
wouldn't just taking out the model in brawlbox work? or, I guess thatd mean providing a texture right? or am I on the wrong track?
Well, if I flat-out delete the model, I won't have any bones or hurtboxes.

Zero is loads of fun! But his speed (nearly as fast as sonic!) seems to make him a little overpowered when someone who knows what he's doing gets a hold of him. I definitely wouldn't recommend buffing him any further! My friend (tournament-winning level of skill) was able to massacre almost everyone else predominantly by using Forward B --> Nair back and forth, very hard to attack zero when he's zipping around nonstop like that and it can do around 30 damage per attack with that thing! (multiple hits from spinning) Doesn't seem like most other people here are having issues with his balance though... seems odd as he is extremely powerful as is!

Definitely no trouble chaining aerial combos though, dash spamming with zipping all over the place is very fun and unique!
Finally, someone agrees with me that he is powerful! ...but he shouldn't do 30 damage -- the Nair only hits once, for 8%! It's only a multi-hit during final smash. Good to hear you're enjoying it though!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom