• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

EGL CHICAGO!!!, March 10th, 2007 - Let's get it on, midwest!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fonz

Smash Ace
Aho, are you and all the d.c. area people gonna come? that'd be hot cuz wuwu is gonna be there and he misses you all :D

~Zec

Just plairnkk is going from the DC area I think :/

I saw wuwu did pretty well at a tournament semi recently. I hope he's still using support fire, ****s too good.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Egl is being shady recently. I think i'm going to skip out on this, as well as anything else they wanted to do.

To everyone else, just beware. I wouldn't really suggest going anymore, they're not answering IM's and stuff like that from multiple people.

Shady business.

Kel

Smash Master
Could someone please elaborate on the shadyness of this place. I was looking forward to going but if it's really something that the community is looking down upon at then I won't go. How are they being shady?

Also, if I do end up going I'll need some housing please.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
They aren't answering my IM's as of recently.

Other people have been complaining they didn't get prize money, and that EGL is ignoring their requests.

My friend left a cube at EGL DC, and when he asks for it back they won't respond.

Bascially, they just do a lot of ignoring IM's and stuff like that. I don't want to be associated with an organization if i'm not 100% sure the winners aren't going to get paid.

NitH

Smash Cadet
that is kinda shady but i sure i wont win first prize or ne thing like that. im still going this will be my first turny and i hope to learn a lot, it will be a good brake from work and college and i hope to see u guys there give it a chance.... if u find a prob. find me and we :laugh: will tear the club up lol

later all

-----------------------------------
smash quote of the day: .......dude fine dont play, ill put your char on lvl 1.....same **** !!

Kel

Smash Master
1) When it says "seeded by location" what does that mean exactly?

2) The website says that you have to be there at like 9 AM and that singles will start at 5 PM, etc. Are the times listed on here what we should abide by?

Joel, if I end up without a partner (if Juke ends up going) and you still need one you can fall back on me. I'm one of the Cincinnati guys. If you're still going that is.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
the times on my page are what should be obeyed, but i dont know for sure what theyre doing. like i said, they wont answer contacts

Tink

Smash Hero
i dont wanna go to this if its a scam <_<, but i just cant let eddie win it :pPPP.

KishPrime

King of the Ship of Fools
BRoomer
In the discussions that I had through another member with the guy, it sounds like they don't pay prizes themselves but wait for sponsors to do it.

I have a feeling they don't exactly give you the sponsor's name either.

Zurad

Smash Cadet
ok, I think me and two other friends will be going to this

I don't think I personally have to be worried about getting ripped off, as I'm still at that stage of smash where I get experience out of tourneys, so I don't have to worry about not getting paid any prize money.

I heard that despite a few organizational issues, this went well in DC (or wherever the first EGL was). But I've also been hearing alot of shady things about them (like in this topic right now...)

Scythe

Smash Master
i think you live like 20 mins from my house side we should get some friendlies going one day.

BlackPanther

Smash Ace
If there's anyone comin from the south to head to that tourney wanna give me a ride I would be sooo grateful. I would provide gas money of course. If you're up for it you can reply back or call mah cellphone (309)643-3810.

Dopey

Smash Lord
eddie we still teaming for this right? DOUBLE GANON!

btw us MI guys need somewhere to stay this friday/saturday, im bringin 3-4 ppl with me too. anyone wanna help out? <3

Kel

Smash Master
double ganon is too good. so much destruction.

Cincinnati (Sliq and I) need housing too pleasseeee. We have a back up but it's 45 minutes away and he doesn't exactly want us there that much.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I need a ride from columbus, any takers?

Drephen? Mathos? Soap? Watty? PLEASE ITS BEEN TO LONG SINCE MY LAST TOURNAMENT!!!

Will pay for gas.

Kel

Smash Master
AZ if you can SOMEHOW get to Cincinnati, I'm sure Justin and I wouldn't mind taking you provided that you could get back to C-bus on your own too. A greyhound perhaps?

Zjiin

Smash Master
I should be making this but probably only for singles. I hate trying to find on-the-spot partners. Hopefully this won't be some giant scam.

buster14169

Smash Rookie
hey can anyone guess approx what time singles would end on sat? cause me and my friend want to do teams and singles but hes got work at 630 and he jus started this job too so yea...?

Tink

Smash Hero
joellll, jesse said that he will team with you :D.

rofl, going to be funny when eddie busts out fox on wuwu and just ***** him heh. zec should really watch that match if it happens, because eddie will show you how to really play falco with fox :p.

Zjiin

Smash Master
joellll, jesse said that he will team with you :D.

rofl, going to be funny when eddie busts out fox on wuwu and just ***** him heh. zec should really watch that match if it happens, because eddie will show you how to really play falco with fox :p.
ohhhh snap.

Zurad

Smash Cadet
Buster, it would depend on where your friend works, and how fast he could get there

my guess though is that you can do doubles, but probably not singles, though you might be able to if doubles ends early and you don't expect to get very far up the singles bracket :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom