• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

EGL CHICAGO!!!, March 10th, 2007 - Let's get it on, midwest!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Electronic Gaming League Chicago!!

Venue:

March 10th, 2006
Donald E. Stevens Convention Center
9301 W. Bryn Mawr Ave.
Rosemont, IL 60018

Events/Entry Fees

Teams: 12:00 PM $30 per team/$15 per player.
Teams will be a seeded double elimination bracket.

Singles:30 minutes after teams ENDS. $20 entry
Singles will consist of pools seeded by location, moving into a 32 or 64 man bracket,
depending on attendence.

Since EGL is up and coming, they are capping the entrants at 132 to make sure they can support the smashers to their best ability. Guaranteed registration can be paid online via www.theegleague.com.

Registering this way will ensure that your entry is guaranteed. Otherwise, it's first come first serve up to 132.

Registration the day of the tournament will begin at 10 AM and will end at 12 AM for BOTH teams AND singles. This is so while teams is going, I can begin creating the pools for singles.

The Pot!

SSBM Doubles

1st: $450

2nd: $175

3rd: $50

SSBM Singles

1st: $450

2nd: $175

3rd: $50

The pots aren't giant right now, as they won't be with any new organization. Help work with EGL and expanding it's size as who knows where the future of smash stands with other gaming organizations!

General Rules:

•4 stock
•2/3 sets
•3/5 finals
•8 minute time limit
•Items off
•Ties broken by lives, then %
•First stage agreed upon or random
•Dave’s Stupid Rule (DSR): No stage may be used twice in a single set if the counter-picking player has already won on that stage.
•Double Blind character pick can be called at anytime.
•Stage Knock Out: Each person may choose one stage to be disabled for the entire set, it must be chosen at the beginning of the set, after initial characters are chosen.
•Advanced Slob Picks: Loser may choose the next stage or select to go random. The winner may then change their character, followed by the loser.
•Bring your own controller
•Controller Mods, Glitches (IC Freeze Glitch, Mewtwo Soul Stunner, etc), and tactics used to stall a match (wall-bombing, rising pound), are banned.
•Team Attack will be ON
•Life stealing allowed

The Mages DQ Rule is applicable when a player is late for a match and it goes as follows:
2 Minutes Late – Warning
4 Minutes Late – Loss of first match of set
6 Minutes Late – Loss of set
(i <3 the mages rule)

- Singles Stages on random – Final Destination, Dream Land 64, Fountain of Dreams, Battlefield, Yoshi’s Story And Pokemon Stadium.
- Singles Stages Banned - Hyrule Temple, Yoshi 64, Fourside, Icicle Mountain, Flatzone, Venom, Brinstar Depths, Big Blue, Great Bay, Jungle Japes, Princess Peach's Castle, Great bay, Yoshi's island (pipes), Mushroom Kingdom 1/2

All other levels open for counterpicks.

Setups:

Please help out and bring your own setups to make sure we can get sufficient amounts of pools so everything can run well. If you can't bring a Tv, at least bring your cube because EGL is already providing some TV's.

I will be there to make sure things run correctly. If ANYBODY has a laptop they want to bring that we can run Tio on, that would be nice. They have a computer of their own, but i'd like to be able to have something independent for smash.

Thanks everyone and i hope you give EGL a shot. Cya there

aho43

Smash Lord
Good luck at this plairnkk. I recommend you have a laptop for running Tio. I'd like to attend this but I have stuff this weekend.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
i think i'll be entering as well. anybody good want to take some teams $$ with me? im a teams beast.

Also, i may need a place to stay for friday night, i dont want to make them pay for a hotel room if i dont have to. Plus, i'd rather smash with some of you guys. :D

P.S, dope i want some matches!!! Also i'll MM ur marth/falcon if u want *runs from falco*

aho43

Smash Lord
Blues is amazing. Looks like EGL is the only game in town when it comes to professional SSBM gaming league tournaments.

The Blackstar

Smash Journeyman
I might be able to go to this, but I'll probably only do singles. I'll pad the pot with 15, but not 30.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Sounds good. Hoping all the locals can make it. EGL is all we have left in terms of a professional gaming league and hopefully it can be the next MLG but people have to come and SUPPORT!!

Tink

Smash Hero
chicago should actually have lots of support for this, seeing is how, we got like, sooo many smashers around the chicago area!

CaptainAwesome

Smash Ace
You know I'll be there, tearin **** up. Good ****, Plairnkk.

I'm not sure if Mendoza is going, so I might need a partner. Seriously, though, good players only...

The Blackstar

Smash Journeyman
You know I'll be there, tearin **** up. Good ****, Plairnkk.

I'm not sure if Mendoza is going, so I might need a partner. Seriously, though, good players only...
We're going to have to play again. I've got some new tricks for your Ganon, sucka.

Tink, aren't you from Indiana? You fail at living places.

The Blackstar

Smash Journeyman
KM are you coming to this with Plairnkk? Please say yes.

If not, would me wearing a hot pink "We <3 KM" shirt sweeten the deal any?

Needle of Juntah

Smash Champion
OK NOJ NEEDS A TEAMATE FOR THIS, IF IGGY DOESNT SHOW UP I HAVE ONE BUT IF IGGY SHOWS WHICH IS LIKLEY I NEED A TEAMATE TO BEAT DOPE AND EDDIE AND TINK AND IGGY (should that happen)

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Noj i'll team with you. i'm a good sheik from the EC with an impressive track in teams wins!!!

lemme know

NitH

Smash Cadet
ive joined up for singles......i might do dubbles, also need a team mate...i play peach and sheik

team work FTW......im a lot better at singles but hell ill try lol...see ya guys up there

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
EVerything is looking good. For all you hawkers who are just staring at the threa dknowing ur gonna come but not posting, can ya post so that we can have an approximated # of people? :p

also, im gonna need a place to stay friday night. if anyone could help me out i'd appreciate it. :)

Kel

Smash Master
Cincinnati (3 or 4 people) may come. I would need to get the days off from work. Justin would need to not have a ton of homework. Tayo tends to flake out. Ameer is like 12. So if everything goes well we would more than likely come, that is if we could HAVE A PLACE TO STAY.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Good stuff Jiano, try to make it! I ****in love playing against good captain falcons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom