• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Eggstinction" (A Yoshi Combo Video) Featuring: V3ctorMan

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
Vman's the best Yoshi.

The thing Vman has over other Yoshi mains, is his location, and skill from being in Arizona.

I've noticed that several of the best low-tier mains have roots in Arizona. I feel as though living in Arizona and playing a character that sucks **** really makes the lower tier's abilities (or lack thereof) stand out moreso if you just started in some other state.

Taj: Arizona
Axe: Arizona
Vman: Arizona

*Edit*

Also I just realized Tim made a big post without a single ellipsis.
^Haha OMG if I had room in my signature this would sooooo go in it.. ^^ You really made me smile... n_n I hope you liked the video. ^^

I'd probably play fox lmao

This vid is sick though, vman already knows ;D
awwwww booo.. come on Mind Trick. you got this.. Yoshi really isn't that bad... I promise.. It just seems that way.. ><;
You have an amazing Yoshi and you know it ^^; thanks man..I'm glad you liked it ^^

looking at it in retrospect, I think vman does have an advantage over other yoshi's, like most people say location plays a major role. I hope Vman goes to Pound V so I can play his yoshi and get *****. :)

also so I can see **** matches like

Vman vs. Mango/HDL/Armada/PP/M2K/Amsah/Hbox
I'd love to go to Pound V but finances are pretty tight... but you can believe I'm gonna do everything I can to get there and future tournaments ^^;

As for the Vman vs Mango/HDL/Armada/PP/M2k/Amsah/Hbox/etc... I'm sure all of them would "destroy" me, :embarrass: but I'll do my best to give them a good match.. n_n; I'd be honored to play them.. ^^

I'm a little confused on what you're saying, but just to make things clear, I started with Pikachu, and picked up other characters later... lol. Pikachu has always been my best character.

I believe Taj started with Sheik? Then went to M2, then added Marth? I might be wrong. I don't really know lol. It's also hard to say who his best character is right now. I personally think that M2 is his best character, but I know many others will say Marth. Either way, they're both really really close I think.

Vman's best character right now is probably Falco, but I think it won't be long until his Yoshi is better. Vman has a ton of good characters (Samus, M2, YL, Fox, etc.) who aren't too far from his Falco. He can really main any character he wants to and make that character his best, even if it's a "negligible" character like Yoshi. I think Vman has a great gift that not many other smashers have.
Axe played Pikachu and then developed an amazing metagame with many of the characters. Peach, Fox, Falco, Most of the low tiers.. he's crazy. ><; Falco is most likely my best character still.. I've played Yoshi for 6-7 months.. I've played Falco for almost 4 years now.. I'd be a lil disappointed if my Yoshi was better...then again.. idk...

Axe - you're way too kind... that means alot.. I just try to be competetive.. n_n;

timmys fox is pretty bad lol. i'd be willing to say that its arguably one of his worst characters.

even if you did start with pika and move to other characters, the experience you gained with the higher tiers is what imo makes a big difference in making a low tier main better.
My Fox actually is one of my better characters, I'm not sure what you've witnessed of me or whatever..but Fox is indeed one of my better characters... Not sure if I was just playing you on a bad day or /controller johns.. or whatever it is.. When my Fox is on point it's pretty solid...

Don't all Falco mains have a solid Fox anyway, they have the EXACT same moveset, just with different properties... ><

This pretty much.

Enjoy being the winner of Best combo video '11 :p
Haha.. I hope so.. I hope you all will vote for me when that time comes... Maybe I can bring a 1st place... >,<. 2010 - I got 2nd with ShadowClaw IV 2009. I got 2nd with The "AXE" Effect.. so maybe this year I can...? hopefully? ^^; I just need all of your support n_n;

Thanks again for all the comments everyone.. it's enjoyable to read/learn and see what I can do to help entertain everyone.. I'll keep doing my best, and I won't let you guys down ^^;

Stay awesome everyone... ^^ Keep the comments coming if anyone has anything to say.. I'm always gonna listen. <3

sasquatch1

Smash Cadet
Sick yoshi dude. I always wish i had the dedication to stick with him; since he is such a hard character to master, but you have done incredibly well. It always pleases me to see someone put as much hard work into a lower tier character as you have, and be able to come up with one of the most amazing combo video's I've seen.

P.S. I think the music was absolutely perfect for not only your yoshi's color but also your play style

Renth

Smash Hero
VMaYnE, AxE.

I think, Sometime in the near future some arrangements should be made. It's high time I get to know you guys on a personal level.

OneWing_Angel

Smash Apprentice
Wow, some of the techniques in this vid showcase Yoshi for better tier placement. o_O

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
It's a good video, but i have to agree with a comment i read on the youtube page (it was dr pp i think) that for the length of the video you might've been wise to wait a bit longer ( lol I'M the one agreeing with this >_<; )

Perhaps a slightly shorter video would've been better? I'm not flaming you mind you, just sayin'.

my only other critque is the synching in the first song, can't say i appreciated it. *shrugs*

Also Yoshi's gonna move up fast once people realize what he's capable of, this is the tip of the iceberg imo. i mean, if the parry thingamajig works on Ganon's FAIR... ........................................................................ :crazy:

Piman34

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3454-0406-0497
great vid tim it kept me entertained which is the point of why i watch videos lol

once black and white come out we should have another pokemon battle :) although i have forgotten everything relevant so i'll have to do some interactive research if you know what i mean

Metà

Smash Master
you know... I TOTALLY forgot I posted this.....

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=271569

good ole memories... I'm really glad, I didn't give up.. ^^

Thanks again everybody.... on comments/views it's awesome... keep em rolling.. =3

I will try to have a download link up by today for those of you who may want it.
You know what's funny? I remember you making that post. I was actually really excited to see you start playing Yoshi. I figured within months you would probably be the best Yoshi, and I wasn't far off, haha

ItalianStallion

Smash Journeyman
It's a good video, but i have to agree with a comment i read on the youtube page (it was dr pp i think) that for the length of the video you might've been wise to wait a bit longer ( lol I'M the one agreeing with this >_<; )

Perhaps a slightly shorter video would've been better? I'm not flaming you mind you, just sayin'.
I politely disagree. Seeing the fact that there have been little to no examples of high level Yoshi play for people to see, it was a good idea to make a long combo video to show different moves/combos that work. Consider me, a newcomer. Since I only have a few people I play with, most of my training comes from watching Mewtwo vids on Youtube. Luckily for me, there are a few Mewtwo players who post vids. Vectorman being one of them of course. Yoshi was really underused, at least in what was shared through the internet.

So I think a long combo video was a wise choice to help represent Yoshi's stuff.

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
Well I was saying that based off of some slightly repetitve edgeguards\combos. overall there was nothing wrong with the combos at all just some repeating. i have some experience editing videos (My stuff was bad and overlong) so i was saying something from personal experience.

it was just my $0.02

ItalianStallion

Smash Journeyman
Well I was saying that based off of some slightly repetitve edgeguards\combos. overall there was nothing wrong with the combos at all just some repeating. i have some experience editing videos (My stuff was bad and overlong) so i was saying something from personal experience.

it was just my $0.02
I liked Galaxy Blast...

Tacoom

Smash Lord
that combo vid made me want to dust off the keyboard and log in to give you props
lets see you do a dair to nair by ledge cancel. my favorite hat trick ^_^
if given the chance, $10 yoshi MM

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
that combo vid made me want to dust off the keyboard and log in to give you props
lets see you do a dair to nair by ledge cancel. my favorite hat trick ^_^
if given the chance, $10 yoshi MM
this is a rather old thread tacoom, but I appreciate the post/shoutout... and believe it or not, i'm actually considering dropping Yoshi... mentally, I'm not having fun with him like I used, to and me playing this character has only caused me drama/turmoil with other Yoshi players..

I'm becoming a Roy, and furthering Roy potential, and who knows maybe i'll go though the tier list.

as for your MM, if we meet, perhaps I can give you that MM, i'll try not to let you down. :)

Tacoom

Smash Lord
it maybe old but i just saw it lol yoshi drama
drop him if you must, shouldnt be an issue to pick em back up since youve learned the ropes
um roy is our boy, more power to you

Top Bottom