• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ECRC event #2 - XII.E.S.T.I.C.L.E. Results Thread

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
i like how dire tries to back up factual trash talk with hypothetical trash talk. it just doesnt work that way lol

OverLade

Smash Hero
I disagree. Snake's game is actually really unexplored and I hope to show people that at the next big tournament I go to.
I really disagree with this. Snakes game IS shallow. There's no spacing involved at all really. Other than Dthrow techchases, and rigging the field against your opponent, there isn't much left put spamming Ftilt, Utilt, and Dtilt until your opponent is dead. Good snakes do more than that, don't get me wrong, but there's nothing snake can really do to suprise anyone anymore. I personally think snake is going to move down on the tier list behind Falco and Diddy.

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
Snake doesn't have as many options as other characters persay, but his options are all better for the most part. A smart snake is pretty much better than any other smart character besides Metaknight, and IMO even then a smart Snake can do just as well as an MK.

And a large portion of Snake's game really is unexplored.

And no Snake players have really shown everything that Snake has to offer. The closest is DSF and he splits his time between Snake and Metaknight now. I have a ton of ideas and am still working on them but it will probably take me a while before I get really really good and can show people a different side of Snake's potential. Cort and PC don't really play anymore and I don't think they were ever dedicated enough or liked the game enough to want to try really really hard and show what Snake could do. Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

omegawhitemage

BRoomer
BRoomer
I knew the big bad m2k was going to topple eventually but this soon?

I really must battle this Lucario...

Not bad Ninja Link not bad at all..

3rd place amongst md/va heavy hitters...that's a feat many wish they can claim to!

But guess what still can't beat me LMAO :chuckle:
So I've heard you're terrible at this game, fact or fiction?

Scissors Sir

Smash Ace
Ooooh G-reg....

That MLF avatar just took me down memory lane

I want an I.C. Nothing avatar now...

And as for dire...

We're from the same region so I'll save my comment(s) for sometime in person.

But I will say this. Go to CH4.

DireVulcan

Smash Lord
Cluck up MKP#5755, I mean Plank :dizzy:

You can lose to pretty much any character if you SD at an early 40%, believe me.\

Oh and following your logic, M2k must be inherently pathetic at this game, since he lost an entire money match to one, a RANDOM one at that, not by a player who would probably 3 stock 80% of you.

Jeez that's a low blow to M2k man...

InfernoOmni...Bum uses mostly DK.

OBM, sarcasm?

Ron, I will definitely try to go to CH4.

IcantWin

Smash Journeyman
Who are you?

Bum would **** you with Falcon

ROFL, yea I was pleasantly surprised w. how well I did w. Falcon for a tourney at least >.<;;

But it was fun none the less, LETS BRING BACK FALCON TO TOP TIER PPLZ......... yea okay.. it was fun -,-

Nintendude

Smash Hero
Dazwa had a really hard bracket though, having to face Meep round 1 then Sol shortly afterwards in losers. Then again, everyone had a really hard bracket which is why results were all over the place in general. The overall skill level at this tournament was insane. EC is too good!

Eazy23

Smash Lord
Snake is much worse than everyone thinks.
Mk is gay, snake just hits really really hard.

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
Which is why he'll always be a character that has a shot at winning tournaments. He hits so hard that even if he doesn't have a crapton of options like Metaknight, his options deal so much damage and have so much range. That fact will never change as the metagame moves on.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
yea dire ur cool U DONT PLAY TOP TIERS LOLZZZZ

such an idiot sometimes i swear -_-

and yes, i beat m2k pretty badly with wario, we all know how well he historically does vs low tiers. m2k is an exception to the standard of sense making.

OverLade

Smash Hero
Snake doesn't have as many options as other characters persay, but his options are all better for the most part. A smart snake is pretty much better than any other smart character besides Metaknight, and IMO even then a smart Snake can do just as well as an MK.

And a large portion of Snake's game really is unexplored.

And no Snake players have really shown everything that Snake has to offer. The closest is DSF and he splits his time between Snake and Metaknight now. I have a ton of ideas and am still working on them but it will probably take me a while before I get really really good and can show people a different side of Snake's potential. Cort and PC don't really play anymore and I don't think they were ever dedicated enough or liked the game enough to want to try really really hard and show what Snake could do. Guess we'll just have to wait and see.
That's a lot of talk and not a lot of reality. What could you possibly do to "ADD" to snakes game? What's unexplored? Enligten me.

A smart snake player can't do as much as a smart Falco, Diddy, or mabye even ROB btw. Snake is so broken that everyones hellbent on learning to fight him, so I think he'll move down because his game is so limited. And if it's not limited, tell me what the "secrets" are that you're hiding from the rest of the snake world.

I've seen DSF play, and my brother play. And DSF doesn't know anything my bro doesn't he just does it much better.

Top Bottom