• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Echo Character Ideas for Every Character

Miifighters4Smash5

Smash Journeyman
well, Alvis, Malos and maybe Zanza? and maybe some kind of X dude, I have literally no idea
I Agree, since MALOS also has a Monado-Like Sword, AND Uses Monado Arts; It only makes sense for them to use THAT Villian as a Shulk Echo Fighter

Last edited:

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
:ultroy:: Alm (Just mirror his animations to being left handed) Fire Emblem Echoes
:ultrob:: NAV-COM from Star Tropics
:ultzss:: Jody Summers or Kate Allen from F-Zero

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
Many people say Alm, but he definetly shouldnt use a flame sword, so how should he be done?(I´m totally with this idea otherwise)
Well he does use the same sword as Roy (they're both the falchion). In Heroes he has watersweep so maybe water or air base attacks.

Last edited:

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
Sorry I haven't played the game Roy was in. Just looking at his style and his weapon in Smash looks very similar to Alm.

In other news I have the perfect Echo character for Wario,

Pigma from Starfox

nickabrick1216

Smash Rookie
I would be ecstatic if they added Beck as an Echo of Mega Man. The only problem could be his Xel Dash, but maybe it could be a roll.

LinkInRealLife17

Smash Rookie
I thought I'd compile a list of potential Echo fighters for Smash Ultimate. There are three confirmed Echo fighters. Lucina for Marth, Dark Pit for Pit, and Daisy for Peach so I won't be including them in this list. This list also doesn't include direct clones like Roy since a clone of clone would be redundant.

Mario:4mario: - Paper Mario, Shadow Mario
Luigi :4luigi:- Mr. L, Waluigi, Doctor Luigi
Bowser:4bowser: - Dry Bowser, Midbus
Yoshi:4yoshi: - Yarn Yoshi, Birdo, Boshi
Rosalina:rosalina:- Lubba (SMG2)
Bowser Jr.:4bowserjr: -Baby Bowser, Boom Boom (this one's weird since he's already a bunch of characters put together)
Wario:4wario2:-
Donkey Kong:4dk: - Funky Kong
Diddy Kong:4diddy:- Dixie Kong, DK Jr.
Link:4link: - Twilight Princess Link
Toon Link:4tlink: - Tetra, Ravio
Zelda:4zelda:- Hilda, Twilight Princess Zelda, Gardevoir
Sheik:4sheik:- Impa
Ganondorf:4ganondorf: - Ganon, Toon Ganondorf, Demise, Nabooru
Samus:4samus:- Dark Samus
ZSS:4zss:- Tsareena
Kirby:4kirby:-Prince Fluff, Gooey
King Dedede:4dedede:- Bonkers, Darunia
Meta Knight:4metaknight: - Galactic Knight, Bandana Dee, Morpho Knight
Pikachu:4pikachu: - Raichu, Detective Pikachu
Pokemon Trainer:pt: - another trainer with echo pokemon of other characters (a ton of options with this)
Mewtwo:4mewtwo: - Shadow Mewtwo, Giygas
Greninja:4greninja: - Frogadier, Croagunk
Lucario:4lucario: - Riolu, Alolan Marowak
Jigglypuff:4jigglypuff:- Igglybuff, Wigglytuff
Fox:4fox:- Slippy, Krystal (doubt we'll get another Fox clone)
Ness:4ness: - Ninten
Lucas:4lucas:-Kumatora
Mr. Game and Watch:4gaw: - Paper Mario
Captain Falcon:4falcon: - Blood Falcon, Black Shadow, Blaziken
Olimar:4olimar: - make Alph into an echo, Louie, Brittany
Rob:4rob:- Chibi Robo
Ice Climbers:popo: - Bubble Bobble (Weird I Know)
Robin:4robinm:- Celica, Three Houses character
Ike:4myfriends:- Chrom, Three Houses character, Alfonse
Corrin:4corrin: - Tiki, Three Houses character
Little Mac:4littlemac:- Bald Bull, Glass Joe, Mike Tyson (lol), Hitmonchan, Narcis Prince
Palutena:4palutena:- Medusa
Wii Fit Trainer:4wiifit: - Just Dance (Silhouette)
Shulk:4shulk: - Rex
Villager:4villager: - Tom Nook, Isabelle
Duck Hunt:4duckhunt:- Amaterasu (bit of a stretch)
Sonic:4sonic: - Shadow, Classic Sonic, Metal Sonic
Megaman:4megaman: - Megaman X, Zero, Protoman, Bass, Roll
Pac-man:4pacman: - Ms Pac-man
Cloud:4cloud: - Zack Fair, Impa (Hyrule Warriors)
Ryu:4ryu: - Ken, Akuma, Dark Ryu, Sakura
Bayonetta:4bayonetta: - Jeanne
Snake:snake: - Big Boss, Liquid Snake, Raiden
Inkling - Octoling
Ridley - Omega Ridley

There's a few I couldn't think of anyone for so I'd appreciate help finishing it off. I'll also add more suggestions from the comments.

Fell God

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4200-0492-3739
Don't know why no one mentioned this, but Black Knight would make a perfect echo for Ike, heavier, stronger, maybe faster on the ground (faster than Ike in his own games) but with worse recovery and frame data. Or maybe just heavier and slower.

Last edited:

Zero Kirby

Smash Cadet
NNID
Zero_Kirby
3DS FC
3909-7524-8639
Switch FC
SW 7923-7756-9289
I think Shulk could have a good Echo in Reyn. Think about it, the way the Monado works in Smash is much more similar to the way Aura Arts work in Xenoblade, and Reyn's got a buttload of them. Anchor Chain could be Shield? Engage could be Buster? His gunlance is long enough, and they could swap Back Slash with Sword Drive, Air Slash with Lariat, Vision with Aura Burst. Plus his Final Smash could feature Sharla and Melia and we'd have the whole OG Xenoblade team!

It also means we'd finally have Reyn Time. And you can't have a rainbow without Reyn, baby.

Hydra of Chaos

Smash Apprentice
I think Shulk could have a good Echo in Reyn. Think about it, the way the Monado works in Smash is much more similar to the way Aura Arts work in Xenoblade, and Reyn's got a buttload of them. Anchor Chain could be Shield? Engage could be Buster? His gunlance is long enough, and they could swap Back Slash with Sword Drive, Air Slash with Lariat, Vision with Aura Burst. Plus his Final Smash could feature Sharla and Melia and we'd have the whole OG Xenoblade team!

It also means we'd finally have Reyn Time. And you can't have a rainbow without Reyn, baby.
there is no chance we are getting this, but f*ck, I want it

ErenJager

Smash Champion
:ultmewtwo::ultlucas::ultness: - Giegue
:ultsheik: - Impa
:ultvillager: - Isabelle
:ultryu: - Ken, Evil Ryu, Dark Ken
:ultness: - Ninten
:ultfalcon::ultganondorf: - Black Shadow, Blood Falcon
:ultinkling: - Octoling
:ultyounglink::ultlink: - Dark Link
:ultsonic: - Shadow, Metal Sonic, Tails

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
After :ultchrom::ultdarksamus::ultrichter:, I'm actually up for more echoes! Some of mine aren't the most popular, but I'd really love to see them.

:ultvillager:: Isabelle
:ultdiddy:: Dixie, with a new up-B and final Smash. Also, it would be cool if she just got Diddy's tail moves, but move the bones to her ponytail.
:ultsonic:: Tails. I know Shadow looks so likely, but Tails is my favorite Sonic character, and I'd hate to see him stuck on Green Hill when Knuckles and Shadow get promotions. I know Tails best from Sonic 2, so he'd fit perfectly with Sonic's moveset, just give him a float like Peach, and change his up throw to a tail spin
:ultzelda:: Midna...at least the Twili version. Just make all of her effects darkness and done. Her specials could get twilight-inspired recolors, and her down special could summon Twilight creatures.

Incendion

Smash Rookie
:ultwario:-Mona: A very weird one indeed, use her scooter instead of the Wario Bike, use a perfume bomb thingy instead of the fart (and while you're at it, give it the flower effect from the rose-petal waft custom move from ssb4), and replace the Wario Chomp with her purse (it's where the perfume comes from). With some new animations and a little bit of Sakurai magic, this one could work.
:ultike:-Samurai Goroh: Chrom is Roy with Ike's Up-B, so Goroh can be Ike with Roy's Up-B.

:ultzss: or :ultfalcon:-Jody Summers: An F-Zero rep idea that somehow manages to be even less likely than Samurai Goroh, basically an amalgamation of Zero Suit Samus and Captain Falcon. Use ZSS's Up-B, ZSS's Down-B, Captain Falcon's Neutral B (but it is a kick instead), and Captain Falcon's Lightning Kick Down-B as a Side- (I'm starting to think that this was a stretch...)

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Don't know why no one mentioned this, but Black Knight would make a perfect echo for Ike, heavier, stronger, maybe faster on the ground (faster than Ike in his own games) but with worse recovery and frame data. Or maybe just heavier and slower.
Black Knight as a Ike Echo makes sense. They both had the same tutor; Ike's father. But the Black Knight DEFINITELY isn't faster than Ike, and wouldn't make sense either with his huge armor. A slower, heavier Ike who falls faster and has no Aether is a good concept.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
Gooey wouldn't work well as a Kirby echo, he's too different and has some Dark Matter and Whip moves; Prince Fluff wouldn't work as well, he's completely different, and would also be based around Whip Kirby (other than the transformations from his source game). On the other hand, Shadow Kirby from Amazing Mirror (and Kirby Fighters) exists, and it's basically Kirby from the Mirror World, so it would work perfectly as an echo; he was just a grey Kirby in the original game, though they gave him a different visual effect in Kirby Fighters, so it would be easy to distinguish him from the regular Kirby. To be honest, it has never been confirmed that Shadow Kirby from Fighters is the same as the one from Amazing Mirror, though they have the same name so it's safe to assume it.

Other 2 echoes would be Peppy and Slippy from Starfox (they could be Fox and Falco echoes, somehow); That or James Mc Cloud, but it would be either too obscure or too similar to Fox in design (it's just Fox with sunglasses); Krystal would totally have an unique moveset (as you can see from what they have done with her as assist trophy).

There are a lot more, but other people already covered most of them.

Fell God

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4200-0492-3739
Black Knight as a Ike Echo makes sense. They both had the same tutor; Ike's father. But the Black Knight DEFINITELY isn't faster than Ike, and wouldn't make sense either with his huge armor. A slower, heavier Ike who falls faster and has no Aether is a good concept.
I was sure he was faster in the real games, guess I could be wrong

evildevil97

Smash Apprentice
NNID
evildevil97
Ooh, this might be fun. Let's see here....

:ultdk: - Funky Kong
:ultyoshi: - Boshi
:ultkirby: - Prince Fluff
:ultluigi: - Dr. Luigi
:ultness: - Ninten
:ultfalcon: - Black Shadow
:ultbowser: - Dry Bowser
:ultsheik: - Impa
:ultfalco: - Slippy
:ultmetaknight:- Dark Meta Knight
:ultsnake: - Raiden
:ultdiddy:- Dixie Kong
:ultlucas:- Duster
:ultsonic:- Shadow
:ultolimar:- Louie, Charlie, Brittany
:ultvillager:- Isabelle
:ultmegaman:- Proto Man, Bass
:ultlittlemac:- Bald Bull
:ultpacman:- Ms. Pac-Man
:ultbowserjr:- Tatanga
:ultryu:- Ken
:ultbayonetta:- Jeanne
:ultinkling:- Octoling

DemonRhys

Smash Rookie
Echoes that I would like to see/could see happening for most Characters:

-Mario: Metal Mario, Shadow Mario & IL Pianissimo?
-Luigi: Mr. L, Dr. Luigi, Waluigi & Professor E. Gadd.
-Peach: (If Characters can get more than one echo, which I'm doubting) Pauline, Paper Peach & Queen Merelda (Wario Land).
-Bowser: Dry Bowser, Midbus, Meowser & Dark Bowser.
-Bowser Jr: Fawful, Tatanga & Doctor Eggman?
-Rosalina & Luma: Cosmic Spirit & Lubba.
-Donkey Kong: Funky Kong, Chunky Kong, Dread Kong, Ghastly King & Donkey Kong Jr.
-Diddy Kong: Dixie Kong.
-King K Rool: King Wart & The Shake King.
-Yoshi: Yarn Yoshi, Birdo & Boshi.
-Wario: Booster & Boogerman?
-Link: Revali & Dark Link.
-Zelda: Hilda & Toon Zelda.
-Shiek: Impa.
-Ganondorf: Demise, Phantom Ganon, Toon Ganondorf & Yuga?
-Young Link: Ravio.
-Toon Link: Tetra?
-Kirby: Keeby & Gooey.
-Meta Knight: Galacta Knight, Morpho Knight, Dark Meta Knight & Sir Kibble?
-King Dedede: Bonkers.
-Samus Aran: Sylux.
-Zero Suit Samus: Trace & Nina Williams?
-Captain Falcon: Deathborn, Black Shadow, Blood Falcon, Joey Summers, Pico & Captain Rainbow?
-Ness: Ninten & Paula.
-Lucas: Kumatora & Claus/Masked Man.
-Fox McCloud: Slippy Toad, James McCloud, Peppy Hare & Miyu.
-Falco Lombardi: Leon Powalski & Fey.
-Wolf O'Donnell: Panther Caroso.
-Ike: Hector & Alfonse.
-Robin: Tharja & Celica.
-Corrin: Tiki.
-Palutena: Viridi & Medusa.
-Shulk: Dunban.
-Little Mac: Mr. Sandman, Glass Joe, Mike Tyson, Piston Hondo, King Hippo & Balrog?
-Duck Hunt Duo: Poochy & Stork, Polterpup & Greenie, Rick & Coo (With Kine Maybe?)
-Ice Climbers: Captain Toad & Toadette, Baby Mario & Baby Luigi.
-Villager: Tom Nook.
-Isabelle: Digby.
-Sonic: Shadow, Classic Sonic, Metal Sonic, Silver & Mighty.
-Solid Snake: Liquid Ocelot & Big Boss.
-Mega Man: X, Proto Man, Roll, Bass & Mega Man .EXE.
-Pac-Man: Ms. Pac-Man.
-Ryu: Ken, Akuma, Dark Ryu, Sakura & Gouken.
-Bayonetta: Jeanne
-Cloud Strife: Zack Fair & Sephiroth?
-Inkling: Octoling.
-Wii Fit Trainer: Balance Board & Just Dance.
-Olimar & Pikmin: Alph, Louie & Brittany.
-Pikachu: Raichu, Jolteon, Togedemaru & Emolga.
-Pichu: Plusle, Minun & Pachirisu.
-Jigglypuff: Wigglytuff, Igglybuff, Clefairy & Chansey.
-Lucario: Rioulu, Zeraora & Mienshao.
-Mewtwo: Shadow Mewtwo & Mew?
-Red (Pkmn Trainer): Blue, Gold, Ash & Dawn
-Greninja: Frigadier, Toxicroak & Ash-Greninja.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
I'd say Corsola for Jigglypuff, but... nah. It'd be a semi-clone.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Here's the list of Echoes for my pretend Smash Eternity (Lincoln at the bottom is a 4th party rep introduced for the first time in my Super Smash Bros. Eternity, the 6th game after Ultimate)
:ultyoshi:-Boshi
:ultkirby:-Shadow Kirby
:ultfox:-James Mccloud
:ultpikachu:-Raichu
:ultfalcon:-Black Shadow
:ultbowser:-Midbus
:ultzelda:-Hilda
:ultmetaknight:-Galacta Knight
:ultolimar:-Louie
:ultsonic:-Mighty the Armadillo (Shadow is overrated)
:ultsnake:-Big Boss
:ultpalutena:-Medusa
:ultlittlemac:-King Hippo
:ultmegaman:-Bass
:ultpacman:-Ms. Pacman
:ultbayonetta:-Jeanne
:ultinkling:-Octolings
Tails-Ray the Flying Squirrel
Lincoln Loud-Leni Loud

Last edited:

UserKev

Smash Champion
:ultlittlemac:: Doc Louis. Not only is this my most wanted echo, Doc Louis has an amazing personality for Smash and would be one of the most definitive echoes. He definitely looks to be a fun addition from realization.

ZenythSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2552-4344-0495
Many people say Alm, but he definetly shouldnt use a flame sword, so how should he be done?(I´m totally with this idea otherwise)
i think Alm is better with Ike instead
Leif echoing Roy however could work, the things you can do is replace the flames/explosions for holy light/electrical bursts.
i also guess hitstun and not setting off bombs could be the minor differences too.

GreatKnightEcho

Smash Rookie
A few ideas I've had for echos:
:ultluigi:Gooigi: Faster run speed due to slimy sliding, lower jump height, tether grab isn't a projectile.
:ultyounglink:Skull Kid: More aggressive playstyle, using dark, shorter range, but faster versions of Y!Link's moves, with teleport up-B and maybe the moon as a Final Smash?
:ultrobin:Lissa: Replaces the Bronze/Levin Sword with a Bronze Axe and Bolt Axe respectively. Attacks are more powerful, but consume more uses/are just slower. Could also use Frederick instead of Chrom for the Final Smash.

Last edited:

StrangeKitten

Smash Lord
Some ideas I have for Pokemon echoes, though they kinda stretch the definition of an echo in many regards. Still, I thought they might be interesting to think about:

:ultcharizard: / :ultincineroar: : Blaziken. I think he'd technically be considered an Incineroar echo due to body type, but being a slight hybrid of these two could make for something kinda interesting. From Charizard, he could borrow Flamethrower and Flare Blitz, as well as stats such as walk speed, run speed, air acceleration, etc. He'd probably need a different down special too, so that he's not just fast Incineroar (as Revenge is balanced out by Incin being slow) and since this is an echo we'd want to take an easy route with it. So I think our two choices would be either Rock Smash (which, conveniently, plays a pretty big role in the Hoenn region) or a regular counter which would probably be called, well, Counter (which is a Pokemon move, for anyone who may not be aware). Think Ken to Incineroar's Ryu.

:ultlucario: : Zoroark. I like to imagine he'd be a more evened-out Lucario, being less floaty (and thus more susceptible to combos) and lacking aura, in exchange for better range than Lucario has most of the time, and consistent kill power. You'd never kill at 40 with very high aura, so you'd trade the potential explosiveness of Lucario for consistency. The attacks would have a dark effect on them rather than Lucario's blue. The special moves would need re-naming, so we could use:
Dark Pulse instead of Aura Sphere.
Night Daze instead of Force Palm (bit of a stretch but Pokemon moves are super weird in Smash anyway).
Pursuit instead of Extremespeed (makes sense enough, I'd imagine Pursuit users move pretty fast to catch their opponent).
Double Team is learnable by Zoroark and as such, can stay.
The end result would kinda be like Marth-to-Chrom

:ultmewtwo: : Mew. This one really stretches the definition of an echo, because instead of having pretty much the same body shape, you'd be looking at basically a Pikachu-sized Mewtwo. Even still, I thought Mewtwo without the huge hurtbox was an interesting thought, and we have an ideal candidate here. Mew could have slightly less base knockback and less knockback growth, giving it a better low% combo game, but a harder time killing. I'm not sure how much the developers would care that Mew can't learn Disable, but if they do, we could give it Psychic or Psyshock and have those moves work similarly, maybe with a slightly larger projectile. Alternatively, we could give Mew a unique down special. It could be given a move that is new to Smash entirely, or steal Thunder, Double Team, or Substitute from the other Pokemon fighters (or Rollout for that matter, but ohgodpleaseno.gif). Most of Mewtwo's dark purple effects could be replaced by light pink ones, with the exception of Shadow Ball, which would remain the same. The way I see these two is that Mewtwo would retain its high damage-per-hit and kill power, while Mew would be weaker in those regards but benefit from a better combo game and being smaller. A bit like Pichu and Pikachu, just with different things making Mewtwo the more glass cannon-y one.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
The only echo upon which I am hellbent is DK jr for Donkey Kong.
Let's celebrate the original series that kickstarted Nintendo, with a character recognizable outside of the gaming community alone.

Obviously Impa for Sheik, Octoling for Inkling, Ms Pacman for Pacman, Shadow (or Tails) for Sonic, Dixie for Diddy, Zero/Protoman/Bass for Megaman, Jin for Kazuya...

The less common (or never otherwise seen by me) ideas though...

Tetra for Toon Link.
Boo for Jigglypuff.
Gardevoir for Zelda.
Piplup for Squirtle.
or Koopa Troopa for Squirtle (with some Pichu components).
Mew for Mewtwo.
Blaziken for Captain Falcon.
Sceptile for Greninja (with some Ivysaur components).
Andross off of Masterhand.
Baby Mario and Baby Luigi for Ice Climbers.
Sukapon for Little Mac.

Last edited:

toonito

Smash Ace
:ultbayonetta:Jeanne
:ultfalcon:Black Shadow
:ultcloud:Zack Fair
:ultinkling:Octoling
:ultkazuya:Jin Kazama (although it's less true as the series went on)
:ultlucas:Claus
:ultmegaman:Roll or Protoman
:ultmetaknight: Galacta or Dark Meta Knight
:ultness: Ninten
:ultolimar::ultalph:
:ultpacman:Ms. Pac Man
:ultpalutena:Medusa
:ultsheik:Impa
:ultsnake:Big Boss
:ultsonic:Shadow
:ult_terry:Rock Howard (more of a hybrid of Terry and Geese)
:ultzelda: Hilda

Top Bottom