• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Echo Character Ideas for Every Character

Jellyfish4102

Smash Journeyman
NNID
jellyfish
I thought I'd compile a list of potential Echo fighters for Smash Ultimate. There are three confirmed Echo fighters. Lucina for Marth, Dark Pit for Pit, and Daisy for Peach so I won't be including them in this list. This list also doesn't include direct clones like Roy since a clone of clone would be redundant.

Mario:4mario: - Paper Mario, Shadow Mario
Luigi :4luigi:- Mr. L, Waluigi, Doctor Luigi
Bowser:4bowser: - Dry Bowser, Midbus
Yoshi:4yoshi: - Yarn Yoshi, Birdo, Boshi
Rosalina:rosalina:-
Bowser Jr.:4bowserjr: -Baby Bowser, Boom Boom (this one's weird since he's already a bunch of characters put together)
Wario:4wario2:-
Donkey Kong:4dk: - Funky Kong
Diddy Kong:4diddy:- Dixie Kong, DK Jr.
Link:4link: - Twilight Princess Link
Toon Link:4tlink: - Tetra, Ravio
Zelda:4zelda:- Hilda, Twilight Princess Zelda, Gardevoir
Sheik:4sheik:- Impa
Ganondorf:4ganondorf: - Ganon, Toon Ganondorf, Demise, Nabooru
Samus:4samus:- Dark Samus
ZSS:4zss:- Tsareena
Kirby:4kirby:-Prince Fluff, Gooey
King Dedede:4dedede:- Bonkers, Darunia
Meta Knight:4metaknight: - Galactic Knight, Bandana Dee, Morpho Knight
Pikachu:4pikachu: - Raichu, Detective Pikachu
Pokemon Trainer:pt: - another trainer with echo pokemon of other characters (a ton of options with this)
Mewtwo:4mewtwo: - Shadow Mewtwo
Greninja:4greninja: - Frogadier, Croagunk
Lucario:4lucario: - Riolu, Alolan Marowak
Jigglypuff:4jigglypuff:- Igglybuff
Fox:4fox:- Slippy, Krystal (doubt we'll get another Fox clone)
Ness:4ness: - Ninten
Lucas:4lucas:-Kumatora
Mr. Game and Watch:4gaw: - Paper Mario
Captain Falcon:4falcon: - Blood Falcon, Black Shadow, Blaziken
Olimar:4olimar: - make Alph into an echo, Louie, Brittany
Rob:4rob:-
Ice Climbers:popo: - Baby Mario and Baby Luigi, Callie and Marie
Robin:4robinm:- Celica, Three Houses character
Ike:4myfriends:- Chrom, Three Houses character, Alfonse
Corrin:4corrin: - Tiki, Three Houses character
Little Mac:4littlemac:- Bald Bull, Glass Joe, Mike Tyson (lol), Hitmonchan, Narcis Prince
Palutena:4palutena:- Medusa
Wii Fit Trainer:4wiifit: - Just Dance (Silhouette)
Shulk:4shulk: - Rex
Villager:4villager: - Tom Nook, Isabelle
Duck Hunt:4duckhunt:- Poochy and Stork
Sonic:4sonic: - Shadow, Classic Sonic, Metal Sonic
Megaman:4megaman: - Megaman X, Zero, Protoman, Bass, Roll
Pac-man:4pacman: - Ms Pac-man
Cloud:4cloud: - Zack Fair, Impa (Hyrule Warriors)
Ryu:4ryu: - Ken, Akuma, Dark Ryu, Sakura
Bayonetta:4bayonetta: - Jeanne
Snake:snake: - Big Boss, Liquid Snake, Raiden
Inkling - Octoling
Ridley - Omega Ridley

There's a few I couldn't think of anyone for so I'd appreciate help finishing it off. I'll also add more suggestions from the comments.

Last edited:

Keenwah

Smash Rookie
Here are some ideas not the best but they're the ones I can think of off the top of my head

Bowser:4bowser:- Midbus,
Mario:4mario:- Dr. Mario (Not sure why he's not already an Echo Fighter but oh well)
Meta Knight:4metaknight:- Morpho Knight, Dark Meta Knight
Mega Man:4megaman:- Proto Man, Roll?, Bass
King Dedede:4dedede:- Darunia

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
If we're going cross series echos

Peach: Lilligant
Zelda: Gardevoir
Zamus: Tsareena
Little Mac: Hitmonchan
Captain Falcon: Blaziken

Jellyfish4102

Smash Journeyman
NNID
jellyfish
If we're going cross series echos

Peach: Lilligant
Zelda: Gardevoir
Zamus: Tsareena
Little Mac: Hitmonchan
Captain Falcon: Blaziken
I don't see why not. There's already a precedent of cross series clones with Ganondorf.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
And in terms of increasing Smash Kawaii,

Roll for Mega Man
Sakura for Ryu

kool2419

Smash Apprentice
:4mario:- Paper Mario
:4luigi:- Dr.Luigi
:4peach:- Pauline (This is just a random guess)
:4bowser:- Midbus
:4diddy:- Dixie Kong
:4zelda:- Toon Zelda
:4palutena:- Medusa
:4robinm:- Celica (Probably)
:4kirby:- Gooey
:4megaman:- Roll
:4metaknight:- Galacta Knight
:4ryu:- Ken or Sakura
:4cloud:- Zack Fair
:4ganondorf:- Toon Ganondorf
32px-InklingHeadSSBU.png
- Octoling

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
I hate to be cynic but a lot of these won't work if echo fighters are as close to their original fighters as we're initially led to believe.

Detective Pikachu can't use electric attacks, that's part of his character apparently.

Darunia wouldn't make much sense multi jumping in the air or eating opponents.

Birdo doesn't lay eggs, s/he fires them from the mouth, although I guess making the tongue invisible would allow for her/him to suck the opponent up.

The Baby Bros as Ice Climbers echoes could work as ice flowers are a thing I guess but it's a stretch.

Gooey not using his trademark tongue seems odd to me. Can he learn copy abilities either?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I hate to be cynic but a lot of these won't work if echo fighters are as close to their original fighters as we're initially led to believe.

Detective Pikachu can't use electric attacks, that's part of his character apparently.

Birdo doesn't lay eggs, s/he fires them from the mouth, although I guess making the tongue invisible would allow for her/him to suck the opponent up.

The Baby Bros as Ice Climbers echoes could work as ice flowers are a thing I guess but it's a stretch.

Gooey not using his trademark tongue seems odd to me. Can he learn copy abilities either?
Gooey copies abilities in Dream Land 3, though him wearing hats would be new. And technically his tounge could be a reskined inhale, even if it looked a bit odd.

splat

Smash Lord
Many of the characters mentioned won't really fit due to varying frames and/or lack of particular abilities.
Here's a bunch of options that weren't mentioned before but could work.

:ultganondorf: Demise
:ultsamus: Federation Force Marine
:ultlucario: Blaziken
:ultfalcon: Pico, Dr. Stewart
:ultike: Alfonse
:ultlittlemac: Mr. Sandman
:ultbowser: Wart

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I like Demise for Ganondorf, but him having lightning effects on his moves. It would make a lot of sense, especially if Impa also gets in as a Echo of Sheik. That'd make for a great Skyward Sword theme.

Blaziken as a Lucario Echo? I don't see that, but.. It'd be possible to have Blaziken as a C.Falcon Echo. That would give Captain Falcon two "clones" across two total different frachises, which would be kinda funny.

And people need to STOP saying Dixie would be a Echo for Diddy, cause that'd be terrible and out of character. Learn a thing before you post such utter bull****.

Yarn Yoshi seems very likely, and I want this to happen to because of the stage and the fact Yoshi's Island won't ever receive more.

Thatkidwiththeafro

The Pink Panther's Bro!
NNID
Mr.F-ZeroBias
:ultryu: ~ Sakura (Cause waifu bias)
:ultness: ~ Ninten (Obvious!)
:ultsnake: ~ Liquid Snake (Liquid bias)
:ultfalcon: ~ Rick Wheeler, Kent Akechi, Phoenix, Blood Falcon
:ultpalutena: ~ Medusa (Cause Cree Summer Bias)
:ultlittlemac: ~ Narcis Prince (The ONLY Punch Out!! fighter that's the same size as Little Mac)
:ultroy: ~ Eliwood (Like father, like son)
:ultjigglypuff: ~ Igglybuff (Obvious!)
:ultcorrin: ~ Corrin's Child (Both genders)
:ultrobin ~ Robin's Child (Both genders)

Jellyfish4102

Smash Journeyman
NNID
jellyfish

Dark Pit has a unique animation from Pit and Daisy has different colored particle effects. So as long as the changes are small I think an echo can afford to have one or two unique animations.

Miifighters4Smash5

Smash Journeyman
I'd Say THESE:
:4ryu:: Evil Ryu(His Evil Form)
:4metaknight:: Galacta Knight(It'd be REALLY Easy to do; and it makes too much sense)
:4samus:: Dark Samus(Maybe instead of having an Alternate Coloration based off of her like they did in SSB4, How about having Dark Samus HERSELF be an Echo Fighter in SSBU)
:4ness:: Ninten(with the same Outfit seen in the Live-action Mother Commercial from Japan; with the Red white and Blue Striped Shirt, and The Scarf, and have Pac-man Shaped eyes like he has in his Clay Model)
Inkling: Octoling(either The male or Female from the Octo Expansion)
:4dk:: Funky Kong(With the Popularity of Tropical Freeze; and since All they'd need to do is make him more Agile than DK)

Last edited:

Gran-Rojo

Smash Cadet
:ultlucas: : Masked Man. Could use his arm cannon instead of pk fire and sword instead of the stick. Not using his jetpack instead of pk thunder and the rope snake may be the only issues.

:ultsnake: : mgs2 Raiden. Raiden from mgs 2 has the same abilities and equipment as snake from mgs 2 (which is what smash bros snake is based on) with the exception of his dash attack and jab combo.

QrowinSP

Smash Journeyman
Roy is different enough from Marth that an echo of Roy would not be an echo of Marth.

Ones I'd like to add are

Zelda: Twili Midna
Roy: Alm

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
This new system has a lot of potential to really bring some fan-favorites who otherwise had no chance into the game, as well as throw in some extra flavor characters who are probably too similar to others. I only have a few wants/expectations on this front, and don't know how many more Sakurai *actually* wants to add.

:4zelda:- Hilda (Dark magic effects on all her attacks, a less peppy and more subdued, somewhat haughty personality)
:4samus:- Dark Samus (Phazon versions of all her gadgets, some awesome effects)
:4dk: - Funky (Surfboard intro, Surfboard taunts, Surfing/Funky's Flight's FS. Otherwise he works fine as a DK echo!)
:4sheik: - Impa (Rep SS and bring all of Zelda together. Bonus points if we get both her and Hilda, who would be an *actual* LBW rep. If any series deserves two Echoes after all these years, it's definitely this one.)
:4ryu:- Ken. C'mon, it's such an obvious choice. Before SFV it was basically Ken's role.
:4palutena: - Medusa. Aside from a few extra detail animations (snake hair), you can make Medusa use Palutena's skeleton just fine. Another relatively simple villain addition.

There's also a huge XC2 spoiler that would work amazingly as a :4shulk: echo. No chance of seeing them before we get confirmation on Rex+Pyra though.

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Funky Kong would work immensively well as a DK Echo. And in a way, he'd offer as much as Lucina would. With Funky Kong being a far more "safe" version of Donkey Kong, much like in Tropical Freeze. He'd compensate a little strenght of the original Kong for a wayyyy better recovery (explains the 5 hearts in Tropical Freeze). And the Spinning Kong could basically be all the same except reach MUCH farther, and can propeller upwards, all by using the surfboard in a similar fashion to the Spinning Kong animation maybe with added water effects cause why the hell not?

The other change I'd give is making the Giant Punch of Funky a little slower to charge (as DK charges it up way faster than before anyway) and maybe give him a way different Final Smash, because Dark Pit also had a different one since Smash 4.

Hydra of Chaos

Smash Apprentice
Malos could also work as an Echo for Shulk, he uses the Monado as well after all(thats basically what Banjodorf already meant)

Last edited:

slambros

Smash Ace
I'm gonna focus on the ideas I would prefer.

:4dk: - Funky Kong. It'd be a great idea!

:4yoshi: - Yarn Yoshi. It'd be like a Dr. Mario / Dark Pit type of really cool addition. I'm in support of it.

:4bowser: - So yeah, there's no point of it anymore with the addition of Squirtle, but Blastoise could have made an excellent Echo for Bowser.

:4diddy: - It wouldn't be preferable, but I'd gladly accept Dixie as Diddy's Echo if it were the only way we could get her in the game.

:4ness: - Ninten would be a good one.

:4falcon: - I'm pretty sure Captain Falcon's moveset could be retextured and fit for 90% of the F-Zero cast.

:4feroy: - I saw someone suggest Alm and I think that'd be a very fitting idea.

:4olimar: - Louie. Definitely Louie.

:4sheik: - I would definitely go for an Impa Echo.

:4sonic: - Either Shadow or Metal Sonic.

:4ryu: - And, yeah, this feature was practically made for Ken. Hopefully they'd refrain from the Street Fighter V design...

Last edited:

nuclearneo577

Smash Journeyman
I just want Ken and Akuma for Ryu. I was actually sort of let down when I found out that Ken wasn't an alternate costume for Ryu in 4, but since Ryu was a DLC character that was totally acceptable (also, seeing Ken pull off a Shin Shoryuken would just be weird), but since Ken is the original fighting game clone, they have no excuse to not add him this time. Weaken his Hadoken, give his input Shoryuken fire and make his final smash a Shinryuken. He was made for this, and since every other clone in smash owes their existence to him it's only fitting that he should be able to fight Lucina and Dark Pit.

As for Akuma, that would be going a bit far because he's basically a better version of Ryu who is often good enough to be banned in competitive play, but he is in Tekken 7 so it would be nice to see him in yet another crossover, and let's be real, who wouldn't want to see a Raging Demon as a final smash?

Miifighters4Smash5

Smash Journeyman
This new system has a lot of potential to really bring some fan-favorites who otherwise had no chance into the game, as well as throw in some extra flavor characters who are probably too similar to others. I only have a few wants/expectations on this front, and don't know how many more Sakurai *actually* wants to add.

:4zelda:- Hilda (Dark magic effects on all her attacks, a less peppy and more subdued, somewhat haughty personality)
:4samus:- Dark Samus (Phazon versions of all her gadgets, some awesome effects)
:4dk: - Funky (Surfboard intro, Surfboard taunts, Surfing/Funky's Flight's FS. Otherwise he works fine as a DK echo!)
:4sheik: - Impa (Rep SS and bring all of Zelda together. Bonus points if we get both her and Hilda, who would be an *actual* LBW rep. If any series deserves two Echoes after all these years, it's definitely this one.)
:4ryu:- Ken. C'mon, it's such an obvious choice. Before SFV it was basically Ken's role.
:4palutena: - Medusa. Aside from a few extra detail animations (snake hair), you can make Medusa use Palutena's skeleton just fine. Another relatively simple villain addition.

There's also a huge XC2 spoiler that would work amazingly as a :4shulk: echo. No chance of seeing them before we get confirmation on Rex+Pyra though.
I Agree with you as far as Hilda, Dark Samus, and Funky; however I'd say that either Akuma OR Evil Ryu( basically If Ryu gave into his Inner Darkness) would be more likely to be Ryu's Echo Fighter; though I Do agree with your XC2 Echo Fighter; Since like Shulk; *SPOILER ALERT* Has access to Monado Arts;

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
:ultbayonetta:: Jeanne
:ultbowser:: Dry Bowser
:ultbowserjr:: Boom Boom
:ultfalcon:: Black Shadow
:ultcloud:: Impa (HW)
:ultcorrin:: Tiki
:ultdiddy::Dixie
:ultdk:: Funky
:ultdoc:: Dr Luigi
:ultduckhunt:: Poochy and Stork
:ultfox:: Krystal
:ultganondorf:: Nabooru
:ultgreninja:: Croagunk
:ulticeclimbers:: Baby Bros
:ultike:: Chrom
:ultinkling:: Octolings
:ultjigglypuff:: :035:
:ultkingdedede:: Bonkers
:ultkirby:: Gooey?
:ultlink:: Ravio
:ultlittlemac:: Glass Joe
:ultlucario:: Alolan Marowak
:ultlucas:Kumatora
:ultluigi:Mr. L
:ultmario:: Shadow Mario
:ultmarth:: Seliph
:ultmegaman:: Beck from Mighty Number 9
:ultmetaknight::'Dark Meta Knight
:ultmewtwo:: Gigyas
:ultgnw::
:ultness:Ninten
:ultolimar:Louie
:ultpacman:: Ms Pac-Man
:ultpalutena:: Medusa/Phosphora
:ultpeach:: Daisy
:ultpikachu:: Azurill
:ultsheik:: Impa
:ultpokemontrainer:: Trainer with Turtwig, Litten and Ferigratarl
:ultridley:: Meta Ridley/Omega Ridley/Other M Ridley
:ultrob::
:ultrobin: Celica
:ultrosalina:: Cosmic Super Guide Thing from SMG2
:ultroy:: Leif
:ultryu:: Ken
:ultsamus:: Dark Samus
:ultshulk:: Spoiler Man, Spoiler Man, Spoiling Everything A Spoiler Can
:ultsnake:: Sami (Advance Wars)
:ultsonic:: Shadow
:ulttoonlink:: Tetra
:ultvillager:: Isabelle
:ultwario:: Nabbit
:ultwiifittrainer:: Just Dance Silhouette
:ultyoshi:: Birdo
:ultzelda:: Hilda
:ultzss:: Waluigi

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
:ultsnake:: Sami (Advance Wars)
Would that even work?

Granted Sami would need her Neutral B to be her Machine Gun as opposed to Snake's grenades.

Echo's; IIRC don't deviate from a character's moveset.

Lord-Zero

Smash Lord
:ultroy: - Eliwood (Durandal FS. Rapier for everything else)

or..

:ultcloud: - Eliwood (if they stick with Durandal. Essentially Fire Cloud) They have some things in common.

:ultryu:- Akuma

:ultike: - Chrom

:ultfalcon: - Black Shadow

Also...

:ultbayonetta:- Waluigi

Last edited:

Zema

Smash Journeyman
I second Booster for Wario. It's extremely unlikely, but it's the only candidate that I would say makes any sense as an Echo Fighter for Wario.

Top Bottom