• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ECCSL 2009-2010 Opening Event: Its a trap! June 20-21st

Gichan

Smash Champion
man GI if they moved this tourney up like 4 or 5 days i could have bus it with you, exams :(
Balls man, would be sick to have company. But either way, I may not even go, it all depends if I work like a champ for the next month and so.

And no GI joe, it's Gi (oh ****, GI JOE! LOLZ)

Bellioes

Smash Lord
Is brawl singles gonna be on the first or second day? Thats really the only thing holding me back from confirming. Ill come if its on the second day.

Mystic Viper

Smash Ace
if its anything like any tournament, its going to be on both days, with pools being on the first and then brackets on the second.

Jer

Smash Ace
You're aware the melee guys are most likely coming from Toronto right?

That pretty much means melee tourney, considering we ran one with what, 5 setups at FFYF2

Razing_Zozo

Smash Cadet
I will throw this out there again, Pownz is ready for a collaborative effort with the ECCSL. We can work together on this event and run it in Montreal and Hamiliton at the same time and days. We can add the participants for both together for points and play a Wiifi bracket with the top 4 from each city. Or just run two seperate point pools and have both contribute to the larger year end prize pool. We would only need a ECCSL Rep for rule calls and bracket setups.

While many can make the trip to Montreal, you may find more participants over all if you give them the option of going to the venue closest to them. If it works in june, we could keep doing it the same way over the next several month in order to ensure increased participation.

kr3wman

Smash Master
I'm pretty sure the point of having a regional tournament is to play people from other cities.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
I will throw this out there again, Pownz is ready for a collaborative effort with the ECCSL. We can work together on this event and run it in Montreal and Hamiliton at the same time and days. We can add the participants for both together for points and play a Wiifi bracket with the top 4 from each city. Or just run two seperate point pools and have both contribute to the larger year end prize pool. We would only need a ECCSL Rep for rule calls and bracket setups.

While many can make the trip to Montreal, you may find more participants over all if you give them the option of going to the venue closest to them. If it works in june, we could keep doing it the same way over the next several month in order to ensure increased participation.
Well for one, wifi sucks and is unreliable.

2. It's much more fun to play against everyone in person as it brings out more fire and more hype.

3. How are you going to give out prize money with that kind of setup, seems too complicated.

4. We are hosting Brawl and Melee, and melee cannot be played wifi. And also melee will bring this tournament more players as some of them like to compete in both games. Like me for instance =P

Niko_K

Smash Master
It just doesn't work like that Pownz :( If it did I wouldn't play xD Traveling is the best part.

Razing_Zozo

Smash Cadet
Well for one, wifi sucks and is unreliable.

2. It's much more fun to play against everyone in person as it brings out more fire and more hype.

3. How are you going to give out prize money with that kind of setup, seems too complicated.

4. We are hosting Brawl and Melee, and melee cannot be played wifi. And also melee will bring this tournament more players as some of them like to compete in both games. Like me for instance =P
I agree, in person is much more fun

The 1st suggestion can easily be scratched in favour of the second, which is to run an event on the same day in order to allow those that have no way of getting to Montreal an opportunity to still play, I am sure there are several top players from S.O. that will go to Montreal and make for a good game, but what of those that cannot make such a trip? If a method can be figured out to get as many participants involved as possible, a true communial Power Ranking can be establish. Montreal and the surrounding area have a large smash following as does southern Ontario. With more organization and by making travel as convenient as possible, we could make a huge league, using multiple venues. Supporting a Power Ranking where hundreds of smashers can battle for top rank. Is that not the true nature of power rankings?

I also offer you consistancy. There will always be a place to play, with lots of space and dedication to serving the needs of the gaming community.

swordgard

Smash Hero

I agree, in person is much more fun

The 1st suggestion can easily be scratched in favour of the second, which is to run an event on the same day in order to allow those that have no way of getting to Montreal an opportunity to still play, I am sure there are several top players from S.O. that will go to Montreal and make for a good game, but what of those that cannot make such a trip? If a method can be figured out to get as many participants involved as possible, a true communial Power Ranking can be establish. Montreal and the surrounding area have a large smash following as does southern Ontario. With more organization and by making travel as convenient as possible, we could make a huge league, using multiple venues. Supporting a Power Ranking where hundreds of smashers can battle for top rank. Is that not the true nature of power rankings?

I also offer you consistancy. There will always be a place to play, with lots of space and dedication to serving the needs of the gaming community.

I have answered this in the ECCSL information post.

Pho

Smash Journeyman
I have summer camp training on these days, so that's a no go for me...

kr3wman

Smash Master
I have my music concert the same date, so I don't know if I can be there.

I'll to see the schedule before confirming for anything.

swordgard

Smash Hero
Il be going to sign to get the place this saturday. If we could get alot of hype for this it would be appreciated.

Notice that we really really need alot of setups for this, I dont want this to be similar to BISB >.< .
I can try and make this has good as possible, but it is your responsability, each and everyone of you going, to make this event successfull by bringing as many setups as possible.

kr3wman

Smash Master
Alright so im playing my song at around 19:50 so I'll leave at around 5/6pm the first day.

The second I should be there all the way.

Top Bottom