• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

EC Presents: Crank That Kosha Boy! Featuring DugFinn and Xyro! November 14th, NJ.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Vex, I want to play you more. I think the MU could go either way, but I didn't play you enough to make a decision :/

:093:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Why do you all hate your characters so much...
idk who exactly "you all" is referring to but, i love Sonic. doesn't mean he's any good :p

i really got to love a character to use him even if he sucks.

Zucco

Smash Master
Sure Kai, just come up to me at one point in the day and ill do it.

ANTi_

Smash Hero
Inui, let me play Atomsk 1st round in singles.

i need revenge lol.

daisho

Smash Lord
I guess it's just me... but I like trying to argue that DKs matchups are as good as I believe they are (which is usually better than what most people think) because I like playing him so much... all the negative thought changes your mindset into believing your character is garbage and you will never try to advance his metagame.

It must be different if your a low tier because I guess you resign yourself to never being higher than mid so you want to argue as bad as possible to stay in low tier tourneys...

xxCANDYxx

Smash Lord
You're crazy. Snake might even be worse than what I said. Ike can't get in through grenades AT ALL and even his SPACED moves are extremely punishable with dash attack and f-tilt. Snake actually survives his strong moves and outboxes Ike.

Wario is bad because Ike can't get away from him once Wario hits him. Ike's aerials are all very slow, meaning his only option is to just airdodge, which is extremely predictable and punishable. Ike can't catch a camping Wario. Ike is easily gimped and combo'd by Wario. It's bad.

Ok, with no Snake or MK for either of us. :)
awesomeness....you mean just our mains or we both cant use that character?? i wouldnt mind my mk vs your snake...i love that matchup ^_^....you can also play my wario wolf or marth

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master
I guess it's just me... but I like trying to argue that DKs matchups are as good as I believe they are (which is usually better than what most people think) because I like playing him so much... all the negative thought changes your mindset into believing your character is garbage and you will never try to advance his metagame.

It must be different if your a low tier because I guess you resign yourself to never being higher than mid so you want to argue as bad as possible to stay in low tier tourneys...
A disservice is done to a player who exceeds with a bad character due to skill and not good moves. DK is a good character, Sonic is not. I give no credit to the character for my success.

A love Sonic as a character. I play all of his games, follow the stories, buy the merchandise, etc. From a competitive aspect, I do not blind myself into thinking he is good. Doesn't mean I don't try to get better with him. Instead, I recognize it's me, not the character

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master

I do that with most of Bowser's matchups.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
not negative thoughts, just reality. I can't expect to beat top players with top characters if I truley believe Sonic beats MK. I have to understand his strengths and weaknesses, and learn how to cover those weaknesses to the best of my ability in order to PREFORM to the best of my ability. make sense? i'm still looking for ways to make sonic and myself better, but i'm not gonna pick up the game one day and fine sonic can kill snake at 100% with a 2 frame fsmash.

if a character is legit mid tier, i would argue so. i believe sonic is low tier is all. I'm not ignorant though that he's one of the better low tiers. i wasn't too surprised he made it to mid but i don't think he belongs there. either way i use captain falcon where sonic is banned at low tier tournies, lol.

now i'd really like to stop this type of discussion. can we move onto more interesting things? lol

Inui

Banned via Warnings
I'll MM anyone who wants to fight my Ness.
Ok.

Why do you all hate your characters so much...
Ike is my favorite character. I played Brawl for about 5 hours today, and used Ike for over half of it.

It isn't hate. We just aren't blind to what they are bad against
qft

Inui, let me play Atomsk 1st round in singles.

i need revenge lol.
No.

awesomeness....you mean just our mains or we both cant use that character?? i wouldnt mind my mk vs your snake...i love that matchup ^_^....you can also play my wario wolf or marth
Neither of us can use MK or Snake.

I'll go Ike if you're not using a character that wins by 70/30 or more.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Round 2?

or 3?
Three is probably as early as I can make it without it being terrible seeding. ChuDat, P~S, Boss, Candy, Fatal, and other top players showing up shakes up the seeding a bit, making it possible for good players to fight earlyish.

You aren't crewmates and you barely play each other, so it could happen.

ANTi_

Smash Hero
Three is probably as early as I can make it without it being terrible seeding. ChuDat, P~S, Boss, Candy, Fatal, and other top players showing up shakes up the seeding a bit, making it possible for good players to fight earlyish.

You aren't crewmates and you barely play each other, so it could happen.
*Goes into hyperbolic time chamber*

This is almost good motivation to make me go to this.

Now the ride.. and teammate.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
A disservice is done to a player who exceeds with a bad character due to skill and not good moves. DK is a good character, Sonic is not. I give no credit to the character for my success.

A love Sonic as a character. I play all of his games, follow the stories, buy the merchandise, etc. From a competitive aspect, I do not blind myself into thinking he is good. Doesn't mean I don't try to get better with him. Instead, I recognize it's me, not the character
This, this, this, this, this, this, this, this, this, this, this, this, this, this, this, this, this, this, this, this, this, this, this, this, this, this, this, this, this, this, this, this, this, and more of this.

I'd sig it if I had room.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
I am gonna try to convince Vanz to come to this so he can show you his awesome puff XD.

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master
This, this, this, this, this, this, this, this, this, this, this, this, this, this, this, this, this, this, this, this, this, this, this, this, this, this, this, this, this, this, this, this, this, and more of this.

I'd sig it if I had room.
Why thank you :). Shame about my typo("a" instead of "I" in part 2) but it's all good :laugh:

BleachigoZX

Smash Master
OMG If MD/VA come and I come. I can play against top players from other regions!! YAY! This would be a big first.
Edit: I'm such a scrub!

Top Bottom