• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

EC Presents: Crank That Kosha Boy! Featuring DugFinn and Xyro! November 14th, NJ.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
thanks for the support not-doom/kai :D

whether or not he accepts my offer is okay, i'll just have to prove myself in the low tier tourney ;] there's a lot of legitimate low tiers showing up to this, gotta love it ^_^

and yes, i slowly start to lose precious childhood memories while playing sonic dittos.

:093:

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
ur going low tiers singles and doubles again first right?

that made reg singles go up to like 3 a.m =[ =[ =[ =[ =[

Inui

Banned via Warnings
ur going low tiers singles and doubles again first right?

that made reg singles go up to like 3 a.m =[ =[ =[ =[ =[
oh

my

GOD

Read.

This will be in the WINDSOR ROOM, which is TRIPLE the size of the Garden Room. We will have more than a mere 7 set-ups (I'm hoping for at LEAST 15, step it up and BRING SET-UPS!). Xyro and DugFinn, two God Tier hosts up there with Alex Strife, me, the Mages, etc. will be helping me.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
You're all going to LOVE Xyro. Not only is he going to THOROUGHLY impress you with his BEST Samus, not only is he going GREATLY impress you as a host, but you're going to LOVE this guy as a person, too. ;)

DugFinn...well...duh. She is BY FAR the most fun and interesting person I've ever known, she's really nice, she's gorgeous, and you can actually have conversations with her about tons of video games and anime.

These two amazing Texans are going to make this the best event ever at the hotel. Better than Apex.

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master
I'm going to break from my character and agree with Xyro here, Samus vs. Sonic is balls.
I disagree. Other than Zairs pissing me off I don't mind it.

you can actually have conversations with her about anime.
I'm sure she's great but as for that particular part....

Ill accept the sonic MMs even though i hate sonic vs samus.
Eh I don't mind it but if you're cool with it, then we can have one.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Its just sonic is not a low tier. Hes MUCH better than the other low tiers IMO.

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
No, from the Samus side, it's pretty annoying. Neither of them can kill each other, but Samus can't touch Sonic if Sonic doesn't want to be touched. Sonic wrecks her camping and zoning with his speed very easily. It's not too bad up close, but Samus loses a lot of important tools because Sonic can just run through openings. It's not that bad of a matchup though.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
if you're up for it xyro, we can do it. if you really don't want to, that's fine as well. don't wanna force anything not enjoyable, lol

also sonic is low tier. one of the best low tiers, but not mid....but to each his own.

Xyro77

No, from the Samus side, it's pretty annoying. Neither of them can kill each other, but Samus can't touch Sonic if Sonic doesn't want to be touched. Sonic wrecks her camping and zoning with his speed very easily. It's not too bad up close, but Samus loses a lot of important tools because Sonic can just run through openings. It's not that bad of a matchup though.
This pretty much sums it up. Espy and 3000 are beasts

if you're up for it xyro, we can do it. if you really don't want to, that's fine as well. don't wanna force anything not enjoyable, lol
Ill do it but for a low amount. Ness and sonic are the only 2 ill MM for low amounts. I feel they should not be in low tier.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
I'm sure she's great but as for that particular part....
She is a talented and famous cosplayer and loves anime. :)

Sonic is horrendous. Good players can't get killed by Sonic.

PT, Sonic and Ike are all interchangeable between bottom of mid/top of low, imo.
Not Ike.

He is 80/20'd by too much of top/high tier, unlike Sonic and PT.

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master
He's one of the best low tiers but he certainly isn't mid. PT and Bowser are much better than him overall.

Too bad for sonic his up close game sucks and Samus has projectiles.....I'd hardly call her camping game wrecked. I'm not going to discuss theory battles with you though. I'd rather just rely on my own experience and play the match my way. Winning an arguement changes nothing since I'm the one involved in the match.

also sonic is low tier. one of the best low tiers, but not mid....but to each his own.

QTF

Xyro77

Inui, good players with GOOD characters, yes. But a **** load of low tiers have next to no answers to the stuff sonic has.

Kai, im not arguing. I speaking from my exp. I accept a MM just low amount like 1 or 2$. Remember, all the MMs i win will go to inui so i wont be spending alot on match-ups that are not in my favor or at least even.

Anything but ness and sonic ill go as high as 20$ for MMs.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Ill do it but for a low amount. Ness and sonic are the only 2 ill MM for low amounts. I feel they should not be in low tier.
alright, we'll figure out price or whatever at the tourney. it's not for awhile yet anyway.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
I strongly feel that Ike loses to:

Meta Knight 80/20
Dedede 80/20
Diddy Kong 70/30
Falco 70/30
Olimar 80/20
Marth 70/30
Snake 70/30
R.O.B. 65/35
Wario 65/35
Toon Link 70/30
Sheik 70/30
Pit 65/35

Anything not on this in S/A/B/C tier wins 55/45 or 60/40.

Then Ike loses to 55/45 to Sonic and Samus and goes even with a bunch of other low tiers like Ike and Mario.

Ike is terrible and not even the best character in low tier tournaments.

Inui, good players with GOOD characters, yes. But a **** load of low tiers have next to no answers to the stuff sonic has.
Bowser has the advantage against Sonic and characters like Ike and Lucas BARELY lose to him. It's just the lower part of low tier that is wrecked, like Ganondorf, Link, and Captain Falcon.

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
I know what you mean about Ike getting ***** by the better characters, Lucas, but his matchups inside low tier are pretty stellar. That alone should place him above the other garbage, or at least, just below PT/Sonic.

Edit: I don't agree with Snake/Ike being 70/30...I think it's 65/35 or MAYBE 6/4. Wario is definitely no worse than 6/4, even without the infinite.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
sonic goes about even with captain falcon, 55/45 advantage.

the only characters sonic truley beats...like 60/40 are ganon, ivysaur, and maybe link. maybe lucas too.
heck, i'm not even positive about ivysaur, lol. let's just say he beats ganon fully.

everyone else goes even with Sonic or beats him imo.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I edited my post already, lol. I was reconsidering after posting.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Edit: I don't agree with Snake/Ike being 70/30...I think it's 65/35 or MAYBE 6/4. Wario is definitely no worse than 6/4, even without the infinite.
You're crazy. Snake might even be worse than what I said. Ike can't get in through grenades AT ALL and even his SPACED moves are extremely punishable with dash attack and f-tilt. Snake actually survives his strong moves and outboxes Ike.

Wario is bad because Ike can't get away from him once Wario hits him. Ike's aerials are all very slow, meaning his only option is to just airdodge, which is extremely predictable and punishable. Ike can't catch a camping Wario. Ike is easily gimped and combo'd by Wario. It's bad.

well im 100% confirmed for this.....so who wants to MM me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ^_^
Ok, with no Snake or MK for either of us. :)

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
Please stop saying Bowser beats Sonic, I don't believe thats true, I think its even. And I still think Ike slightly beats Bowser but thats just me.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Please stop saying Bowser beats Sonic, I don't believe thats true, I think its even. And I still think Ike slightly beats Bowser but thats just me.
You can't be killed and you can up B out of shield every time he dashes at you. His normal spin dash into shield --> spring/something doesn't work anymore, so he can't get in.

Ike doesn't beat Bowser, lol. Come on, dude. You know it's even. You can definitely get in on me and do some nasty stuff.

Top Bottom