• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Easters/little things you've noticed.

danielgordon1sm64

Smash Apprentice
that's the way he Pronounces the names. he never actually has an H in samus, but he pronounces "samus" more like "Shamus" instead of just how you would say "samus". he saids in a strange way as well, but i don't know the best way to write it like. where do you think "hands off my bread" came from? he also saids battle royale as battle royal (in japanese)

this is where he saids "**** the targets":
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knvE8v704u4

the point is that his pronunciation of the various characters and stuff is always in different tones and stuff.
sometimes i think he says smamus :p
oooh heres one
thers english in the japanese brawl
seriously why?

majora_787

Smash Hero
I bet the JAPANESE japanese people can't understand some parts of the game because of it. And that must suck. :laugh:

ANYWAY, I realized that SEVERAL characters who talk actually DO move their mouths when they taunt. I dunno about Ike or Marth, but the others do.

I also JUST learned this. If Latios or Latias appear on top of your character, he will be planted into the ground.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
I don't know how to explain this well, but if you hit a whole bunch of sandbags with MK's tornado, all other sounds quiet down and that one stays the same.

meleemaster500

Smash Lord

not sure if it's a taunt...

all the animals (space animals as well) physically move their mouth when talking

the humans normally don't move their lips, but a black hole sometimes appears when they speak (see snake's victory taunts)

and some don't move their mouth at all, i think that's what happens when Ike saids "prepare yourself!"

25%Cotton

Smash Ace
NNID
Samu.S
3DS FC
4785-5442-4678
I bet the JAPANESE japanese people can't understand some parts of the game because of it. And that must suck. :laugh:
not really. they generally know bits and pieces of english... shards of english are generally part of their language now :p.

hippochinfat!!

Smash Lord

not sure if it's a taunt...

all the animals (space animals as well) physically move their mouth when talking

the humans normally don't move their lips, but a black hole sometimes appears when they speak (see snake's victory taunts)

and some don't move their mouth at all, i think that's what happens when Ike saids "prepare yourself!"
Lol, that's my picture! I just uploaded it today!

Anyways, it's Toon Link's pose he does when gets an Assist Trophy. Everyone has one. Most people do fist pump but some people do more interesting ones.

Darkurai

Smash Master

ANYWAY, I realized that SEVERAL characters who talk actually DO move their mouths when they taunt. I dunno about Ike or Marth, but the others do.

I also JUST learned this. If Latios or Latias appear on top of your character, he will be planted into the ground.
Half their language is just english with extra vowels anyway.

WIFInder

Smash Rookie
Not sure if everyone knows this, but the map on in the background of the Mario Ciruit stage gives the exact position of the group of Shyguys, so you can see them comming b4 they com around the corner or the arrows notify you. Also, each shyguy has his own dot, so the stragglers can be seen as well XD

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Meta Knight's eyes are yellow, but when Kirby copies him, Kirby's eyes glow green. In the anime, Meta Knight's eyes glowed green at times when he was very deep in thought.

25%Cotton

Smash Ace
NNID
Samu.S
3DS FC
4785-5442-4678
jigglypuff's red flower is not a rose. that's a lotus, i'm pretty sure...

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
When your looking at your trophies and slide past the categories, Sonic the Hedgehog is in all caps for some reason.

(I just found this out today)

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
I saw that before, Maybe its due to the first game or so.
I thought that too, but is the Sonic game the only one who was all capitalized?

(Also does anyone know how to get the white pikmen trophy? >_>)

Myst007_teh_newb

Smash Journeyman
When Peach is in a still floating position, her shadow is practically a perfect square. Similarly, once you drop out of the float into a falling animation, her shadow is a near-perfect triangle.

Kirbykrew

Smash Journeyman
In the victory lines, some character's mouths are off due to language change.

Also, thank you for leting me learn many interesting things.

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
I doubt ALL of those moves they claimed were influenced directly from "sonic and the fighters" and alot of the moves seemed influenced by the attacks in "sonic battle". but the wall jump seems a lot more frequent in the new sonic games. things like the throw down, really doesn't resemble the double spin from sonic and the fighters, it would be alot easier to assume they were influenced by sonic battle attacks, or just from his spin dash moves. and some of the unaccounted for moves are seen in sonic battle as well (up-smash). however i firmly believe that not all of sonic's moves are grabbed directly from games, but just influenced by many of sonic's moves. after all, he only spins around the whole place.

Snake_User

Smash Rookie
In the F-Zero stage there is a giant R.O.B. in the background at one of the bits you get dropped off.

TheDuplexDuo

Smash Journeyman
Did you know that the characters such as Wolf who didn't make it in the Subspace Emssionary McThingy Zinger still have their own rendered cutscenes? Yup, only found out today!

majora_787

Smash Hero
Did you know that the characters such as Wolf who didn't make it in the Subspace Emssionary McThingy Zinger still have their own rendered cutscenes? Yup, only found out today!
I don't entirely understand that sentence. I think it needs a comma and some clarification. Do you mean the cutscenes where they APPEAR, or cutscenes besides that?

EDIT: Captain Falcon, Ganondorf and Samus can all do the Meta Knight glitch by using their recoveries on a meta knight who is already in the floor. Pit can also do this glitch, but it involves his final smash
B.A.C.O.N. :D
, not his specials.

25%Cotton

Smash Ace
NNID
Samu.S
3DS FC
4785-5442-4678
after using jigglypuff's rest in the air, when you hit the ground, jiggs's eyes open for a moment. it's creepy.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Don't know if this has been said yet (not reading all 21 pages) but some of the Ice Climbers alts. are a little more than just color swaps - they permit the player to play as Nana rather than Popo. Pay attention to the color clothing on the character select screen and the hair-do when you start playing. For instance, the Red/White color swap features Nana in red and Popo in white, but who do you play as? The red-clothed climber; Nana.

25%Cotton

Smash Ace
NNID
Samu.S
3DS FC
4785-5442-4678
Don't know if this has been said yet (not reading all 21 pages) but some of the Ice Climbers alts. are a little more than just color swaps - they permit the player to play as Nana rather than Popo. Pay attention to the color clothing on the character select screen and the hair-do when you start playing. For instance, the Red/White color swap features Nana in red and Popo in white, but who do you play as? The red-clothed climber; Nana.
yeah i already explained this. purple/blue/green = popo. black/white/red = nana.

also i have another one:

the song labeled 'skyworld' is NOT skyworld from kid icarus. the song they called 'skyworld' is ACTUALLY supposed to be called 'overworld'. i believe if you listen through the original melody you can hear the original 'skyworld' song right after the original version of 'overworld'.

hippochinfat!!

Smash Lord
after using jigglypuff's rest in the air, when you hit the ground, jiggs's eyes open for a moment. it's creepy.
Weird, very random.

Anyways, there's a moon located EXTREMELY high above Tabuu's stage. You can only see it by hacking and zooming out extremely far.

DivineBeast

Smash Cadet
Mr. Game and Watch is not 2 dimensional. He is a 3-dimensional figure flattened, then cel-shaded to create a pseudo-2d image. You can see this when he gets a metal box, fires a gun, or is thrown.
Wow never noticed that, In the luigis mansion stage theres a teddy bear from when you fight the baby in "Luigi's Mansion"

majora_787

Smash Hero
Wow never noticed that, In the luigis mansion stage theres a teddy bear from when you fight the baby in "Luigi's Mansion"
That baby was freaky. Really freaky.

Anyway, several characters are apparently left handed. Including Bowser. However, no character uses JUST one hand. Yes I got that from the left hand thread, but I'm out of ideas.

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
That baby was freaky. Really freaky.

Anyway, several characters are apparently left handed. Including Bowser. However, no character uses JUST one hand. Yes I got that from the left hand thread, but I'm out of ideas.
of course all characters use both hands for combo's and all, but some characters like metaknight and kirby are physically unable to touch their hands together, at least easily, that's why they both swing the homerun bat with one hand. they are pretty one handed, only when they grab do they use the opposite hands.

Top Bottom