• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Easters/little things you've noticed.

Darkurai

Smash Master
Charizard/Bowser/Ganondorf/DK were toned down or else they would be too big for brawl.
Charizard's official height: 5 ft 7 in (1.7m)
You're quite wrong.

While we're speaking of size...

In his most current major game (even if it sucked), Sonic is approximately 6 ft tall. So he was scaled down.

Ivysaur's official height is 3 ft 3 in (1.0m).

Squirtle's official height is 1 ft 8 in (0.5m), about half of Ivysaur's height.

Lucario's official height is 3 ft 11 in (1.2m), not too far off from Ivysaur.

Jigglypuff's official height is 1 ft 8 in (0.5m), Squirtle's height.

Pikachu's official height is 1 ft 4 in (0.4m), even less than Squirtle!

Manaphy's official height is even smaller; 1 ft flat (0.3m), so it's scaled up quite a bit.

Snorlax's official height is 6 ft 11 in (2.1m), so it appears to be a little scaled down (before it comes back down on the screen larger).

I think Mario is officially about 5 ft tall, though I'm not 100% sure on this one.

25%Cotton

Smash Ace
NNID
Samu.S
3DS FC
4785-5442-4678
You're quite wrong.

In his most current major game (even if it sucked), Sonic is approximately 6 ft tall. So he was scaled down.

Manaphy's official height is even smaller; 1 ft flat (0.3m), so it's scaled up quite a bit.

Snorlax's official height is 6 ft 11 in (2.1m), so it appears to be a little scaled down (before it comes back down on the screen larger).

I think Mario is officially about 5 ft tall, though I'm not 100% sure on this one.
yeah, lucario is supposed to be pretty small, not human-sized. jigglypuff and squirtle are pretty small, and pikachu is supposed to be like a rabbit standing on its hind legs (even though it's technically a mouse). manaphy is supposed to be a little bit smaller than a small human baby.

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
-Nowhere in a Metroid game can Samus create small bursts of flame from her arm canon.
-Zelda uses Dins Fire, Nayru's Love, and Farore's wind even though those didnt appear in TP, and she never even used them at all in any game as a matter of fact
The first one your wrong bcuz in metroid prime, if you got the powerup the plasma beam bcame a flamethrower

To even further your point in actuality link used those three moves

znintendotaku

Smash Journeyman
The first one your wrong bcuz in metroid prime, if you got the powerup the plasma beam bcame a flamethrower

also metroid prime 3 and it wasnt a flamethrower it was a welding tool (after getting the plasma beam)

h3gi

Smash Rookie

Yep, the optional missile combo for the plasma beam was a Flamethrower in Metroid Prime. However, the flame moves in Brawl were taken from SSB and Melee, both of which came out before MP.

Also, LINK used those moves, not Zelda, which was his point. He didn't say the moves didn't exist, it's just Zelda didn't use them.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
In Final Destination there's a crystal sort of thing in the middle with a red light inside that moves depending what side you and your opponents are.

iEatPikmin

Smash Journeyman
Yep, the optional missile combo for the plasma beam was a Flamethrower in Metroid Prime. However, the flame moves in Brawl were taken from SSB and Melee, both of which came out before MP.
Could Nintendo have made the Flamethrower based on her Fair and Usmash from SSB(M)?

Veggi

Smash Champion
You're quite wrong.

Mario is 5 ft 1 in, but close to the same thing.

Red Alloy

Smash Apprentice
In Ocarina of Time, Sheik is referred to as "he", however, this is before it is revealed that Sheik=Zelda, therefore the persona of Sheik is male, but physically, Sheik is female so Sheik is a girl.

On topic, Sheik has a random empty sheath on her back.

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
In Ocarina of Time, Sheik is referred to as "he", however, this is before it is revealed that Sheik=Zelda, therefore the persona of Sheik is male, but physically, Sheik is female so Sheik is a girl.

On topic, Sheik has a random empty sheath on her back.
that was from her soul calibur iv days, nintendo took them out because they banned daggers and knives from brawl. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJiTeKSy41w

/sacrasm

darkserenade

Smash Ace
This doesn't count, but the music on new super mario bros. with the crabs and koopas has a song that, for the first five seconds, sounds like the beginning of a beatles song called "Revolution." I believe it is japanese and starts with a d. Anybody agree?

majora_787

Smash Hero
Fox's design appears to be closest to his Starfox Command design, even though they aren't too similar.

Wolf went from the fastest SF character to the slowest between Starfox Assault and Brawl.

Several places in Lylat Cruise are based off of SFA *assault, not adventures*

Every character has a mostly made up moveset, but every one of them has at least one attack that they had used in a game before...except Ganondorf.

Heavyweights, midweights, and lightweights are easier to pick out than ever in brawl. In melee and smash 64, it was more challenging.

Tenki

Smash Hero
Fox's design appears to be closest to his Starfox Command design, even though they aren't too similar.

Wolf went from the fastest SF character to the slowest between Starfox Assault and Brawl.

Every character has a mostly made up moveset, but every one of them has at least one attack that they had used in a game before...except Ganondorf.

Heavyweights, midweights, and lightweights are easier to pick out than ever in brawl. In melee and smash 64, it was more challenging.
Ganondorf's side-B was used to kill one of the elders in a flashback in twilight princess.

However, it didn't grab. He just facepalmed the guy (lol) and killed him.

meleemaster500

Smash Lord

Only Fox's (and other space critter's), and Captain Falcon's movesets are ENTIRELY made up. only the reflector might have been based on the hexagon powerup that recovers your shield from SF64. And captain falcon named his car the "Blue Falcon" so they made his moves named after him (falcon Punch/Kick).

ALL of mario's moves have been taken from previous game (including mario64, mario world, mario rpg, mario bros,...). Ganondorf's moves are based off of his purple attack from ocarina, and now his side-b is based off of that attack from TP. but they made him a clone of captain falcon, so that's where most of the influence came from.

as you can see, most character's movesets are actually based alot on their previous game, with few exemptions. for the history of the movesets that made up melee, use this guy's youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?p=r&user=CrappyCaptureDevice&page=6 (look at the other pages)

Cloud Cleaver

Smash Journeyman
Ganondorf's f-tilt is based on the kick he used in Twilight Princess, so that's real as well.

And Sheik's scabbard isn't empty. It's got a wakizashi or a tanto in it; I can't tell for sure, the size could be either one.

hectichobo

Smash Ace
Theres a giant R.O.B. on captain falcons stage. twords the beginnign and end of the stage in the back round

majora_787

Smash Hero
Only Fox's (and other space critter's), and Captain Falcon's movesets are ENTIRELY made up. only the reflector might have been based on the hexagon powerup that recovers your shield from SF64. And captain falcon named his car the "Blue Falcon" so they made his moves named after him (falcon Punch/Kick).

ALL of mario's moves have been taken from previous game (including mario64, mario world, mario rpg, mario bros,...). Ganondorf's moves are based off of his purple attack from ocarina, and now his side-b is based off of that attack from TP. but they made him a clone of captain falcon, so that's where most of the influence came from.

as you can see, most character's movesets are actually based alot on their previous game, with few exemptions. for the history of the movesets that made up melee, use this guy's youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?p=r&user=CrappyCaptureDevice&page=6 (look at the other pages)
The blasters and reflectors are their only attacks that weren't made up. I didn't notice the ganondorf thing. Also forgot the blue falcon. So forget what I said about there being people with no moves from other games/places.

Wolf's wolf flash MAY be a reference to his special dodge in Starfox assault, but that's just a guess.

ALSO, to clarify what I meant. I meant that any move used in any super smash bros game that has been used by the same person in a DIFFERENT GAME counts. I didn't notice ganondorf's forward B thing. Captain Falcon has used the Falcon Punch outside SSB, but it was TV. Not F-Zero gaming. The blue falcon saves him though.

MetaRidleyX

Smash Apprentice

I'm talking about the smasll flame bursts like in her D tilt. Trust me, I know my Metroid games. The flame thrower was a constant stream of fire, not small bursts. Samus even had the bursts back in smash64, before Prime existed.

Yea, Link used them, however in smash bros, zelda uses them, which she never did I'm the games.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Aw, you beat me to the R.O.B. thing. I just remembered that, so I came back here.
Quite a few people beat you to that, actually.

@MetaRidley: I have no excuse for the smash 64 versions. Maybe those attacks were BASED off of SSB64? Possibly. However the flamethrower and plasma beam ARE similar. A charged/uncharged plasma shot at the feet, and a quick overhead sweep with the flamethrower seem relatively close to both attacks.

If anything, those MP1 attacks and the melee + brawl attacks are based off of Super Smash Bros. However, they were original at the time, as well as most attacks in the game.

MetaRidleyX

Smash Apprentice
@MetaRidley: I have no excuse for the smash 64 versions. Maybe those attacks were BASED off of SSB64? Possibly. However the flamethrower and plasma beam ARE similar. A charged/uncharged plasma shot at the feet, and a quick overhead sweep with the flamethrower seem relatively close to both attacks.

If anything, those MP1 attacks and the melee + brawl attacks are based off of Super Smash Bros. However, they were original at the time, as well as most attacks in the game.
Hmmm, yea I suppose its possible that it's just a shot of the plasma beam on the ground and a quick sweep of the flamethrower, but to me it doesnt really look like it. IMO, they could have made it look better ex: U smash is just a series of bursts, they should have kept it the same, except with a flame stream rather than bursts.

But anyways, those attacks were carried over from smash64, so where they got those ideas from, I dont know.

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
The blasters and reflectors are their only attacks that weren't made up. I didn't notice the ganondorf thing. Also forgot the blue falcon. So forget what I said about there being people with no moves from other games/places.

Wolf's wolf flash MAY be a reference to his special dodge in Starfox assault, but that's just a guess.

ALSO, to clarify what I meant. I meant that any move used in any super smash bros game that has been used by the same person in a DIFFERENT GAME counts. I didn't notice ganondorf's forward B thing. Captain Falcon has used the Falcon Punch outside SSB, but it was TV. Not F-Zero gaming. The blue falcon saves him though.
the falcon punch anime clip was made after ssb

same thing with the guns that the star fox characters had. and they have never had reflectors.

R.O.B. is pretty much made up, since he was only an accessory which spun tops to push buttons on a controller, and stacked theses block things. mind you, he did it VERY SLOWLY.

sheik's moveset is pretty made up to...

Soft3x

Smash Apprentice
I GOT ONE HERE!!!

You know when Snake is doing his taunt and someone is taking his box off, this pose is the same as the statue in the Warioware stage in the minigame "Don't move"!

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
if you're magnified off the stage, no one's FS zooms.
the sides and bottom as well. and some FS push the characters back, like mario's. meaning you can suicide be unleashing it too close to the side. and if you die before your character finishes their character animation, the whole final smash is cancelled. (all the flames from mario's FS disappear)

majora_787

Smash Hero
the falcon punch anime clip was made after ssb

same thing with the guns that the star fox characters had. and they have never had reflectors.

R.O.B. is pretty much made up, since he was only an accessory which spun tops to push buttons on a controller, and stacked theses block things. mind you, he did it VERY SLOWLY.

sheik's moveset is pretty made up to...
However, the falcon punch WAS used outside a super smash brothers came. Which was my point.

The reflectors are based off of the pickups that increase arwing shields in Starfox 64. The blasters were never really used until MAYBE adventures, deffinatly assault. But one can assume they had them.

R.O.B. has a taunt and one attack that are anything like anything he's ever done. Aside from that, they just made him robot-like.

Shiek only has one attack that he used before melee, in Ocarina of Time. It was his vanish attack.

-Some of Mr. GamenWatch's attacks are 3d.
-The alloy team, by deffinition, could be a fusion of the wireframes and the polygons.
-Duon's pink head is apparently the dominant head, because Sonic's homing attack attacks the pink head, and goes around the blue one.
-Wario, Dedede and Kirby can eat items, which is actually useful if you want to make sure nobody else gets it in a team battle.
-There is a glitch that causes Marth and Ike to counter explosions, which is supposed to be their weakness.
-When his picture is taken, Tabuu appears to have a very mechanical appearance, having what look like wires coursing through his body.

GreatClayMonkey

Smash Lord
Rigging the enemy base with explosives, which is l
However, the falcon punch WAS used outside a super smash brothers came. Which was my point.

The reflectors are based off of the pickups that increase arwing shields in Starfox 64. The blasters were never really used until MAYBE adventures, deffinatly assault. But one can assume they had them.

R.O.B. has a taunt and one attack that are anything like anything he's ever done. Aside from that, they just made him robot-like.

Shiek only has one attack that he used before melee, in Ocarina of Time. It was his vanish attack.

-Some of Mr. GamenWatch's attacks are 3d.
-The alloy team, by deffinition, could be a fusion of the wireframes and the polygons.
-Duon's pink head is apparently the dominant head, because Sonic's homing attack attacks the pink head, and goes around the blue one.
-Wario, Dedede and Kirby can eat items, which is actually useful if you want to make sure nobody else gets it in a team battle.
-There is a glitch that causes Marth and Ike to counter explosions, which is supposed to be their weakness.
-When his picture is taken, Tabuu appears to have a very mechanical appearance, having what look like wires coursing through his body.
You might want to check your line about R.O.B. I think there is a typo. Also Game and Watch's attacks are never 3D its just changing his outline to make it look like he turned.
Amd I don't think the Sonic thing means the pink is his main head or anything its probably a coding error.

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
G&W's D-tilt is 3d (G&W is a 3d model that's flattened if you recall)

the falcon punch was based off of the smash series, and the move carried on from each game. therefore the only influence on the falcon punch in brawl would be the fact that he always had it. and the designers of his moves are the only reason he has it.

R.O.B.'s spinning is just the fact that he has to spin his arms to move tops/disks, which he does in a very slow manner.

my point is that there is little influence on the moves particular characters had, and the character designers invented the particular things they had.

and everything can be countered.

Top Bottom