• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

East Midlands tournament and social thread

Brado

Smash Lord
haha maybe, I need to stop believing everything >.>

Anyone else interested in going Pound V, I'm allowed if I pay for myself, I'm liek deciding whether or not to go liek next month..

Yeniths

East Midlands!
Brad what time do you get your results? I can come to LC 2mo...for real this time!! trains are back running in Lincoln!

Tamoo

Smash Master
i've been doing my research and you'd need to set aside close to £600 if im being generous i reckon.

It looks soooooooo god **** good tho, epic hotel and amatuer buy in tournament

i may hold off until a big summer tournament instead though :/ more time to start saving up and plan etc

Brado

Smash Lord
yeah I was thinking about 600, but I can easily get a £100 a month from work, and put aside christmas shiz, I think I could get it. it just looks so amazing, and I'm sure it's the last "Pound" isn't it?
hmmmmmmm, i wanna gooo, but idk >.<

Tamoo

Smash Master
yup last ever pound, i'm def gonna see whats going on in the summer before looking properly into this i reckon. Summer seems a bit more convenient for me and i may be going to america in the summer anyway

Brado

Smash Lord
"Imagine 400-500 smashers just walking around the hotel, going door to door, and smashing with everyone all night."

Sounds a tad gay...

but seriously, I think I'd rather go there than Pound, mainly cause it's in California and that'd be the place i most wanna visit in america

Tamoo

Smash Master
yeah exactly the same, cali seems pretty cool

I think pound so far as a tournament sounds better, but genesis is soooo far in advance, it has the potential to outdo pound and is in a pretty awesome place :/

Kone

Smash Master
i've been doing my research and you'd need to set aside close to £600 if im being generous i reckon.

It looks soooooooo god **** good tho, epic hotel and amatuer buy in tournament

i may hold off until a big summer tournament instead though :/ more time to start saving up and plan etc
"Imagine 400-500 smashers just walking around the hotel, going door to door, and smashing with everyone all night."

Sounds a tad gay...

but seriously, I think I'd rather go there than Pound, mainly cause it's in California and that'd be the place i most wanna visit in america

I would say £800 for east coast and a grand for west coast tournaments to be honest :x. £600 is very generous.

How did your gcses go guys? Hope all was well

also I'm def taking one more year out now, decision made! Will treck it up to you guys fairly often though :)
Yeah I hope all your results went well :).

ps tam did you visit aston? and what the thing with loughborough? a year out is alot of time :s. Course or place really tickle you?

Just looked at pound and genesis threads to make sure they don't clash with sny2. Can't believe that pound runs on such a low number of tvs (and looked like they struggled last year). SNY2 is seriously going to have an insane number of tvs for the ration of players:tvs. We had about 40 running at SNY1 and around 6 that should have been running but weren't setup properly. Me and Charles are sorting out taken 15 tvs off neoempire as they no longer need them (they are moving to monitors for next svb). On top of this Im going to make it my duty to pick up two tvs at the end of each month until SNY2 (ebay local pickup is excellent for this).

On top of this I'll have a PA system sorted aswell.

Tamoo

Smash Master
I kinda fell in love with leicestter when I went up there fir the first time, also def fell in love with loughborough. Also, it's a well established mech eng uni so I'll come out of it pretty well.
And I just felt like I needed a year out, was starting to feel a little jaded and this wiil give me the opportunity to do a bit of travelling etc

also yeah, it's looking like genesis is costing a lot more to travel to. 400ish to pound compared to 700ish to genesis. On the other hand, the hotel at pound costs a fortune compared to genesis, comes to about 20 a night if will fill out a four person

aah so hard :(

Kone

Smash Master
Whichever you opt for make sure you plan it around a main holiday in the US imo. That way you get alot more for your money.

Also, understand what you mean by falling for a place. Places just stick like that. Wish I lived in Barcelona lol. Still planning to in the future ^_^

Brado

Smash Lord
Thanks guys, I got A's in, RE(lol), math, science and business.
Next year i'll probs be taking, math, further math, economics, business/psychology. Though i'll probably end up changing from that

Kone

Smash Master
I want to organise a decent sized smashfest this week before terms starts next week. I would prefer before Thursday but am quite flexible.

Can do anyday, all day and night. People welcome to stay.

Looking at LC, Yens, Koop and Jam. Anyone else welcome (ddiz you can if i get a group of people involved).

Yeniths

East Midlands!
I will see Ed, but crazy busy but move back to uni on the 4th, then properly move in on the 25th.

Also Tamao are you still in Dicot now then? I know how close it is, so I will be wanting to make the trip often if thats cool? :)

Kone

Smash Master
I will see Ed, but crazy busy but move back to uni on the 4th, then properly move in on the 25th.

Also Tamao are you still in Dicot now then? I know how close it is, so I will be wanting to make the trip often if thats cool? :)
I understand George just let me know if you are free at any point. Im going to be write off for September to be honest mate. I may make the monthly (hoping so) but I know Im busy 2nd/4th weekends in Sept and first weekend of Sept ill be overly busy planning I imagine :S. Hopefully, things'll settle quickly at my new school and ill be able to catch up regularly Oct onwards. Fri nights are always going to be my best bet for games if you are ever up for it :) (and can't make this week ;)).

Ramzeh

Smash Ace
george are you going the london monthly? willz (certainly not me) and marni are probs going, go with them boy and get some of dat LC training the night before ;)

Top Bottom