• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

East Midlands tournament and social thread

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
Nothings organised atm, but when we usually do them it's at my place and it's for both games and we get around 20 entrants. Need to get a venue lool

It costs about £25 for an adult return I think although I'm not too sure

Kone

Smash Master
Tam I was thinking friday evening to be honest. Ill check with Kate, lol, and see what day she doesn't mind me having people over (lol).

Joe - £8 return on megabus, pushing it abit though. Also, its £6 return for you to get down for SNY atm, maybe book? (Got your text). Then we can sort you out with everything else we discussed.

Jely - Come to Birmingham for smash this weekend lol. £8 return.

Kone

Smash Master
Its tuesday 9am till thursday 7pm. Reg starts 5pm tues then crews after. Your welcome to stay monday or thursday nights if needed. Will make sure you get a good spot in the house lol. Also, could then drive you to and from venue.

L-J

Smash Ace
Friday evening would work well for me Ed - as it's only an hour and a half trip what I'd probs do, even if most people are staying over, is just play until people are starting to go to bed and then bomb it back down to Bristol in an hour (can be done at that time of night). I don't mind driving in the early hours it's kinda fun :D

Kone

Smash Master
No problem LJ. I actually live in Stourbridge which is 35 minutes south west of Birmingham. You would be more than welcome to stay over though. I have plenty of space :). No need to tell me in advance either, so if you stay late and can't be bothered to drive back that is cool.

Kone

Smash Master
Yeehaaa tell WIll he has to register on the website and get himself sorted. If he takes floor space he can have the blow up bed if he wants.

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
No 2 games with different engines (one Tekken, the other Street Fighter) but they're both of the same game being Namco vs Capcom.

j3ly

Smash Champion
Kone i will take u up on that. Who else is comming and can i bring unreal? He is my other smash half

Kone i suggest a mini tournamrnt at urs? We have them all the time but cant draw brackets, a mini 2 bracket tourney wud be so kl :D

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
At my place I do 2 pools and then the top 2 of each pool go into a 4 man bracket or the winner of each pool plays each other for the pot.

I'll sort this out tomorrow as i feel well enough to come now. =]

Kone

Smash Master
Kone i will take u up on that. Who else is comming and can i bring unreal? He is my other smash half

Kone i suggest a mini tournamrnt at urs? We have them all the time but cant draw brackets, a mini 2 bracket tourney wud be so kl :D
Except you saying you and unreal are coming i aint got a clue what the second bits about.

j3ly

Smash Champion
i mean why dont we have a small for fun tournament at urs? double elimination bracket with like a £1/50p entry fee lmao

midlands, make sure to tell me when ur next monthly is. provided the winnings are larger than the cost ill probably come down with tesco

L-J

Smash Ace
Why not do it just for fun j3ly, no need to involve money especially such a small amount. I'm like 90% coming tomorrow, will confirm one way or the other hopefully later today.

Kone

Smash Master
L-J - you better and I mean BETTER COME lol. We've never played each other :(. Also, its anytime friday, so itll be more worthwhile driving up :)

Tamoo

Smash Master
Cards with you guys was pretty **** yesterday,
scores were me 2-0 and 2-0 against brad (no johns :p)
and me 2-1 gainst calzum

BRING IT ON GEORGE!!!

I'll have my improved deck with me at SNY if anyone wants some games then.

Also uim pretty much 100% confirmed for some beeston fun weekend after SNY unless I have an unexpected financial crisis, can't miss this. Would anyone be able to house me the night before, after or even both?

Calzum!

LC | Team Heir
Just so people are clear on what cards you can use, here's a list of what packs you should buy

DIAMOND AND PEARL MAJESTIC DAWN

DIAMOND AND PEARL LEGENDS AWAKENED

DIAMOND AND PEARL STORM FRONT

PLATINUM

PLATINUM RISING RIVALS

PLATINUM SUPREME VICTORS

PLATINUM ARCEUS

HEARTGOLD SOULSILVER

HS UNLEASHED

Kone

Smash Master
why specifically them? and do you suggest what i should start with cal?

edit - george (anyone) want to come over anyday this week and play some smash and go to the venue. I need to pay the venue and want to do some recon. Second opinion would be helpful.

Tamoo

Smash Master
I believe they are the only sets of cards that will be legal come september i believe

It may be better to start with a starter deck than booster packs, to set the foundations. That's essentially what i did, got the starter and then decided how to build around it

Tamoo

Smash Master
Nah, starter decks basically set foundations for your decks. Theyre not great, but they provide you with the basic cards necessary to build your decks around. You will expect to get a certain number of energies, trainers, and pokemon in each one. In your case, since you're looking for a grass themed deck, something like this starter deck would be applicable:

http://www.thecardcellar.co.uk/pokemon-theme-deck-heart-gold-soul-silver-growth-chase-p-6820.html

ie. a deck built around meganium. There are others available, like a shaymin themed deck aswell if you look around. Then, you can start buying booster packs that are titled as cal listed above. These booster packs will give you a random assortment of cards that may be helpful to help improve your deck. Alternatively, you can do what I did and start buying individual pokemon cards from websites to suit your needs. Depends if your more interested in the collecting of battling aspect really.

Yeniths

East Midlands!
I beasted at Beeston today, didn't loose a game :p. Sounds like this was great. I'm working on a Kingdra deck atm. My Ursaring one is doing wonders tho lol

Kone

Smash Master
georgy come to mine this week. play smash, teacher my pokemon card game and go to the venue with me to pay it of and do some video footage and recon? andy day except wed!

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
George I went through Louth today I was like BAH GAWD.

Reminded me of how you've been saying you'll host another tourney for like over a year now LOL

EVERYONE COME CALZUM TOMORROW-TUESDAY!!!

DOOAN/FILTH/DARRAN IS HERE THIS MEANS EVERYONE SHOULD COME!!!!

Tamoo

Smash Master
To anyone with poke knowledge:

My **** croconaw is on its way out in september so im thinking of replacing with rare candies. Should i go with a 4-2-4 with two rare candies or four rare candies? Or should i just ditch croc all together?

Top Bottom