• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

East Midlands Social Thread

Anaky

Smash Champion
NNID
AnakyUK
I'll try get something out of George now, so should be able to give an average date Later on tonight.

Nishin

Smash Apprentice
He's sure taking his sweet time.

If this is going to be held this weekend (which I doubt), you're cutting this real fine, George.

Anaky

Smash Champion
NNID
AnakyUK
Im assuming from what George has said, its definatly not gonna be these next 3-4 weekends, so think about going to Manchester one u guys.

I guess i could host 1 sometimes in sheffield as its easy to get to, but idk whether ppl would attend as im the only person from yorkshire.

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
it was either bb or rega. bb is still in america though, how long we dont know.

and George hasn't said anything POST ON THE ****IN BOARDS lol

The Filth

Smash Lord
Im assuming from what George has said, its definatly not gonna be these next 3-4 weekends, so think about going to Manchester one u guys.

I guess i could host 1 sometimes in sheffield as its easy to get to, but idk whether ppl would attend as im the only person from yorkshire.
Sheffield son, anytime after the 12th or so would be dandy :D

Brado

Smash Lord

So there's no September fest, is he going to have time to host before he goes Uni?

I'm considering doing a monthly in Leicester, in the village next to where Willz hosts. If people are willing to attend and travel there (same distance to Willz as it is to mine) then I can take over one of the monthlies.

The_Rake

Smash Lord
So there's no September fest, is he going to have time to host before he goes Uni?

I'm considering doing a monthly in Leicester, in the village next to where Willz hosts. If people are willing to attend and travel there (same distance to Willz as it is to mine) then I can take over one of the monthlies.
ha, i'm flippin down with that, be well easier to get there than yens lol =P
doitdoitdoitdoitdoitdoitdoitdoitdoitdoitdoitdoitdoitdoitdoitdoitdoitdoidoitdoitdoitdoit

Tamoo

Smash Master
go go brado

Ive moved to oxford now so ill be coming to these as long as it dont clash with londons, and melee is guraranteed ofc :)

Also, might dabble in brawl, considering I started out competitive smash with brawl

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
You wanna do that Brad? I'll help out for sure.

I can probably bring a few TVs hopefully (like 2 or 3) and I'll bring my Wii & Gamecube. LETS DO THIS!

The_Rake

Smash Lord
Freakin do it, not this weekend tho xD
if it's next weekend i should be able to come if it's all over by 7 (im guessin it wont be a 2 day thing and just a sat) as its a friends bday and everythins goin down bout 7.30/8ish

Brado

Smash Lord
Tommorow I'm going to call the venue about renting it for either the 12th, 19th or 26th of September, most likely for a one day event.

So if you could all post your most liked dates that would be helpful.

Brado

Smash Lord
EDIT:

The 19th is impossible, the village fair and everything.

So it's looking like the 12th of September, or the 3rd of October.

Pick your dates.

Brado

Smash Lord
It's just with soo ltitle time too plan, problems arise, so 3rd would be best, unless Yen is planning to host by then. It's hard to tell when he doesn't post much >_>

The_Rake

Smash Lord
i should be able to get cover for the 12th if necissary, the 3rd will be almost definete for me. i'll prepare for the 12th based on opinion for now

blipped moon

Smash Apprentice
we need more brawl.

I'll try and get a date out of the NW.
Come to it people. We will be able to house a few people as well.

Brado

Smash Lord
Right guys, there wont be a fest in September, due to it being too near for the 12th, venue problems on the 19th and London on the 26th.

I will be calling the venue tommorow, to check the prices and the availaility of the venue for October 3rd.
So check back tommorow too see wether its definite.

Anaky

Smash Champion
NNID
AnakyUK
U guys should come to a manchester ranbat b4 this though, hopefully should be soon, also i think there will be alot more ppl cuz the Melee players will be there too.

COEY

Smash Lord
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=247662

guys check this out, I'm interested in starting monthlies which combines the local melee and brawl communities. and seen as how alot of you guys are already considering traveling to manchester anyway i thought some of you might be interested. any constructive feedback will be very much appreciated. :)

also i dont intend to steal your 3rd of october spot dont worry. i intend to run the first of these on september 19th.

COEY

Smash Lord
in good news guys brawl is now confirmed at my ranbat in bolton. i have recording equipment and 5 tvs! not recording equipment for all 5 at once. tho i suppose you brawl players and your sd cards you have no use. helps for you melee enthusiasts tho :)

also theres a large chance that i will be moving to licolnshire in like 6 months or so, if and when i start my training at the air force officer acadamy in Cranwell (is that right?) in Licolnshire. So i'm quite looking forward to meeting alot of you guys in advance :) :)

Top Bottom