• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

East Midlands Social Thread

Almas

Smash Lord
There are some very minor differences between Brawl versions - mainly spelling changes. I also hear that Bowsercide functions slightly differently across versions (as to who counts as the winner).

knuttz45

Smash Ace
I can't do my sig. in melee... :(

and fox is gimped hardcore...awesome 4 me...(I play a light character)

Yeniths

East Midlands!
Right Kmac is bringing another copy of Brawl, but I still someone to bring a copy of Melee, can someone do this please, would be a great help.

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
you've counted mine right?

afaik I'm bringing a Wii power supply+melee.

knuttz45

Smash Ace
You can confirm me. :)

I get in to grimbsy at 22:44.....IF, the trains are on time...with an anytime return...(i think thats a return within the next month..as long as its off-peak or something? ) Eh, it was an extra pound...no matter...the exchange rate is $1.2 to the pound...

I'm going to need help from there. Unless someone can pick me up.

Yeniths

East Midlands!

I get in to grimbsy at 22:44.....IF, the trains are on time...with an anytime return...(i think thats a return within the next month..as long as its off-peak or something? ) Eh, it was an extra pound...no matter...the exchange rate is $1.2 to the pound...

Once you gt out of the train station, if you head straight on you will get to a bus station, frm there head to the L stop and get the 51 bus to Louth. However i believe my dad will be going to Grimsby that night so he and I may be able to get you, will confirm this later once im home.

OldGeezer666

Smash Journeyman
Me,Willz n Brado shoud be leaving at about 9:30 so if my itouch is correct we would be there at about 11:30
can't wait to get owned by all u guys =D

Yeniths

East Midlands!
Alright, Look forward to seeing you then, if you run into any trouble just give me a ring and I'll send someone to get you.:)

Yeniths

East Midlands!

Alright, if you can give me ring once your around 35 mins from Grimsby, I can sort a lift out for you:). Look forward to meeting you.

Yeniths

East Midlands!
Ok cya later:)

Alright this is more of a note to myself so i don't forget.

Friday:
TC - 6:50pm
DAM and Jase - 9:15pm
Aiko- 8pm (GRIMSBY)
Blinky - 8pm (GRIMSBY)
Knuttz - 10:45pm (GRIMSBY)

Saturday:

Calzum, Brado, Willz? - 11:30am
Calzor, Kmac - 11:30am
Almas? - ?
ROOOY! - 10-11:30am

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
That was an awesome fest guys. Was awesome playing all of you. I'm surprised I came 2nd in the Brawl tournament. Those matches were really close with you Aiko. I've seriously got to train against Meta Knight more. And next time, I want a money match Wario ditto. =]

I need to train in Melee more, I got absolutely ***** by Yen & Aiko >_>. Can't wait till the next fest!

Calzorz

Smash Lord
good fest shame about the fox vs meta when i fell through stage then sded against Aiko >.< lol no johns ggs and look forward to the next

Yeniths

East Midlands!
Alright guys, thanks for coming, hope you all had a good time, I've updated the rankings. I'm so tired so I'm going back to sleep lol:). Will post some shout outs when I'm more awake.

knuttz45

Smash Ace
Ill post shout out laters...thanks first yenthis for housing...akio and blinky for help with trains!! it was a blast.

remember...no johns...(i found that john means condom...so now i find this overly halirous right know...)

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
I realised that I got a text from you George. I had dropped my phone down the stairs so for some reason it wasn't giving me the names of people who I'd just got texts from, only numbers.

I couldn't come because I had to take my puppy to the vets.

Sorry. Sounds like it was a good fest though.

Blinky

Smash Journeyman
Thanks again Yen for hosting and letting me sleep on your floor for 2 nights lol, that corner is too comfortable.
Was good to see alot of new faces, and new potential too, will have to go to one at a later date to see how people have progressed. Was also great to meet you knutz, I really wanted to see how you'd do against Aiko as he was the best UK smasher at the event. I think i learnt quite a bit from you in Melee, and you did really well for somebody who doesn't play loads of Brawl back home, and even well as/against Metaknight dispite him being banned in your state.
Aiko, Yen, TC, always great to see you guys, I still haven't played Aiko in a Brawl tournement match yet, its a shame cause I really want that match. Oh and that MM between Yen and Aiko was great stuff, and so close too, it could easily have gone either way, just from 1 error. Maybe I'll do a big one next time :)

Yeniths

East Midlands!
Alright just a few shout outs, hope I included everyone!

Brado - Shame you had to go early man. Don't think I managed to get any games with you:(. Hopefully next time tho.

Aiko - Ah always good to see you babe. I really learned a lot about brawl and melee just from this one weekend and I had a great time to. Thanks for making the effort to make this. Our MM was seriously close, really made me enjoy Brawl a lot more. Gratz on winning it!

Willz - Hey good job getting 2nd in the Brawl rankings and beating me on your way there! was impressed, looks like my sheik needs a little more work, haven't used her in a while. I will have my revenge next time:).

Blinky - Was really good to play you on melee, had some really fun matches, I will be maining Falcon and Fox next time is see you. Hope you had a good time over the weekend and thanks for making the journey to come!

Dam - Good job on beating Blinkys meta! Wasn't expecting it. Maybe Lucas is just that good? (lol). I think you should have placed higher, especially in Melee, but its a shame you didn't, but there is always next time:).

Calzor - I was really impressed by you on Brawl, especially your fox. Keep it up! Will be interesting come the next fest to see how much you've improved as I think you could become one of the top players.

Knuttz45 - Great to meet you man, taught me a lot about melee. You did good in brawl to considering the little practice you have at home with it. Was great to meet someone from overseas and hopefully you enjoyed your little taste of the UK smash scene.

Almas - Nice to meet you as well:), your a very nice guy. I really enjoyed our brawl set, was scary close, shame I didn't get a chance to play you on melee however. Thanks from bringing Brawl+ along also, I really had a good time with it and am considering buying a English copy of Brawl just to play it:).

Calzum - Good to meet you, hopefully you can start attending fests more regularly as its always good to see new people! Keep up the practice I can see you becoming good in the future. Don't be put off by melee, its such a great game once you learn everything:) Shame I didn't get to play you more, or in Brawl i don't think? Hopefully next time.

Tails Chao (Top Cat) - Good to see you again, I enjoyed our melee matches a lot. Again, thanks for making the effort to attend this, hope you had a good time. I will have to make it up to London soon to see how the scene over there is getting along ( I'm just making an excuse to come and see you again really bbe).

Jase - Thanks for coming Jase, your T. Link is coming along very nicely, your improving quiet a lot. Play more melee man! :) its such a great game once you learn stuff, you'l see how great it is:p. Anyway hopefully I'll see you at the next fest and you can raise your rankings a bit as I think it should be easy for you to do so:).

Kmac - Have more confidence in yourself man, your no way near as bad as you as you are! Just keep up the practice and you'll see your rankings move up, you have a lot of potential.

Aiko

Smash Champion
Alright just a few shout outs. Copied from Yens list.

Yeniths - Thanks for holding a great ranbat. Was really enjoyable, and well run, even with the somewhat limited space and setups. That £20 mm was too scary. I can't believe how close it was. I was petrified cos I was lost the first 2 games, and was behind the whole way in the finals.

Brado - Sorry, didn't get to play you :( maybe next time.

Willz - You really impressed me this weekend. I knew you would do well, and hope we can play again. Wario dittos would be awesome. Sorry about the melee ****.

Blinky - You should have more faith in your MK. I know you're still awesome :) I think you should be winning tournaments.

Dam - Your lucas really impressed me. Shame we didn't play that matchup :(

Calzor - I was really impressed with your fox. It was insanely good. I've never really played a good fox before but I guess my stage choice worked in my favour. I heard you dont have much practice on non-neutrals.

Knuttz45 - Nice to meet you. Had some really good games with you and this weekend was just a blast with you around :) Hope you can make it to another event sometime.

Almas - Nice to see you again zach :) Thanks for showing brawl plus to everyone, I think there is definitely some interest :)

Calzum - sorry didn't get to play you i dont think. maybe next time.

Tails Chao - Love you babes. Good times all around.

Jase - Thanks for awesome times. Keep practicing.

Kmac - You definitely need a confidence boost man. You're not all that bad, but if you keep thinking you're gonna lose or do badly, you won't get better :( Lift yourself up and keep working on it!

OldGeezer666

Smash Journeyman
Calzum - Good to meet you, hopefully you can start attending fests more regularly as its always good to see new people! Keep up the practice I can see you becoming good in the future. Don't be put off by melee, its such a great game once you learn everything:) Shame I didn't get to play you more, or in Brawl i don't think? Hopefully next time.
im playing melee moar now so hopefully next time i wont get 4 stocked:laugh:

and if i wasnt paired with willz in brawl i might have gotten a bit higher place maybe i dunno
(lol no johns callum) ;)

edit: i couldnt beleve u guy have tap jump on for brawl i wuz liek wtf
because your used to melee i presume

Almas

Smash Lord
Haha, I had a great time guys. Thanks for hosting the thing. I'm going to keep attending these things until I've converted the country to Brawl+ ;p.

It was a really great set Yeniths. I'm sure I'll learn the matchups soon enough, and will be able to play y'all a little bit better. I really need to get working on my Melee skills though. It's a game I'm really interested in, but there's little opportunity for practise, since I'm already better than all my friends despite being quite a mediocre player.

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
Yeniths - Thanks for hosting and letting me sleep at yours for 2 nights (even though I only "slept" for one). I enjoyed it, our Melee bracket matches were too good. So was your mm with Aiko, I actually thought you had won it for a sec as well it was really close. Maybe we can sort something out with prof when you come to London. ;)

Willz - You did really well in Brawl, I'm impressed. Good job.

Blinky - Great seeing you again. Our marth vs metaknight matches were really epic and made me like that matchup, as well as learn a ton about it. Good thing you're gonna rely on your MK more later on as it's solid if you can get it consistent. Also, if you want I'll help you with marth vs falco in melee next time?

Dam - You were good, nice Falcon but shame I couldn't play your Lucas.

Calzor - Your fox was good, better than I thought.

Knuttz45 - Good to meet you. I was quite impressed with you beating Aiko in melee and how you did in general with Brawl as you don't play it much there, especially with all the MKs being used. Nice games on both brawl and melee, though I wish I got more. The weekend was a lot better with you around imo.

Almas - Nice to meet you. You were a cool guy and Brawl+ was certainly interesting (though it was apparent that some things like Sheik needed work on :o), so I think it's mission success on your idea to promote it.

Tails chao - You're the best. I love you and want your babies.

Aiko - Love you too babes. Thanks also for the MK/Snake practice, good job on doing well at both events, as well as basically making your travel fair back.

Jase - That Toon Link ditto was good lol. Good games and nice to meet you.

Kmac - you do really need a confidence boost. there's no way you can improve if you don't get that first, other then that nice games.

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
I'll do some shout-outs. =]

Brado - Unlucky you had to go Brad. We'll see next time if you can place high in Brawl. ;)

Aiko - I heard you were one of the best players in Britain, and you really showed me why. In Melee, you pretty much killed me as Falco. Go easy on me next time. And your Meta was too good, and those friendlies were fun as well. Good games throughout.

Yen - Great fest! Thanks for the rapage in Melee, taunting as Falcon didn't seem to beat you :). And very nice Sheik in Brawl. I've never watched and played such a great Sheik. Keep it up, and maybe you'll get your revenge next time. :laugh:

Blinky - Great MK you had there, and close games as well. :)

Dam - I wanted a Falcon ditto :mad:! Maybe next time. Your Lucas is really awesome. Probably the best I've seen!

Calzorz - I brought the **** to your Falcon in Melee :). Your still awesome in Brawl as well, your Fox is awesome offline as well as online. And your Snake is still great too. We need to have the money matches next time!

Knuttz45 - Never played an American offline before, so I didn't really know what to expect. I heard you were pretty **** in Melee from what Calzum told me. Shame I didn't see any of your matches. In Brawl though, you really should of beaten me. I just got lucky with a Diddy spike. Great MK though, coming from someone where MK is banned in their state!

Almas - I didn't get to speak to you but you seemed a cool guy. I saw your matches with Calzum on Brawl though, nice ROB. And thanks for bringing along Brawl+. Me and Calzum enjoyed the rapage we gave people with our Falcons!

Calzum - You better train well with my Melee game Cal. And to be honest, you were pretty unlucky ending up against me in the Brawl bracket, cuz I really think you would of advanced further in the bracket if you won against Almas. And don't play Falco against my Snake. :laugh:

Tails Chao - I can't remember if I faced you in Melee or Brawl. But you seemed to do pretty well in Melee. We should play at the next fest if you go.

Jase - I don't think I faced you either, but I think I saw your Toon Link, looked pretty cool. Keep it up!

Kmac - Sorry for beating you in Melee + Brawl :urg:. Stupid dinosaur lol.

Overall, great fest Yen! And I will try my best to make your next one!

Mac Matrix

Smash Cadet
lol I was epic.

</john>

NEXT TIME I WILL **** YOU ALL. muahahahahahahahah.
xD

I did have fun though. So I got beaten a lot, so what? I had fun. That was the whole point =P

And... who was it that brought Brawl+? Bring it again. I really want to play one-on-one against a few people on that, it's surprisingly good (except the aerial lag sucks ... not the hitstun, the lag after air attacks :/).

:p

I'm also tempted to actually come over on the friday next fest >_> to get some good practice in before the rankings. My cousin -sucks- at Brawl... I can three stock him in a Falco ditto... providing he doesn't scream and throw the controller and give up. xD

Need to practice to counter marth and metaknight. I was ***** by them. rofl.

Yeniths

East Midlands!
Yeah well thats just it, you get good by playing as many people as possible, thats the best way really, keep attending its all good fun after all right? Glad you had a good time, I will have a date of the next fest up soon and hopefully a venue!

ohh and Almas brought brawl+

Top Bottom