• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

East Midlands Social Thread

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
Me, Brado, and Calzum are pretty much confirmed.

My friend from Scun thorpe called Calzorz is also probably coming. I've told him to join Smashboards to talk to you guys but he seems pretty hesitant at the moment.

Mac Matrix

Smash Cadet
Look forward to playing you again Mike. My Snake is still as gay as ever:).

Thanks, that will be a great help, anyone else able to bring PAL Brawl? that will mean 2 melee and 2 brawl setups.
Like I told you before, I got PAL hardware lying around my bedroom so anything that needs bringing I can bring.

@ The Chuck Norris a.k.a. Willz - Get that guy to contact me, because I live in Scunny too. It's likely I probably saw him on release day (there were a lot of people at the store that day ^^), and moreso out of curiosity of finding someone local other than my cousin to lay waste too.

Yoshi pwnz. :p

(Btw Yen, apologies but won't be on MSN until Thursday. Am at cousins house for a while and he doesn't have Internet. =/)

Yeniths

East Midlands!
Heya, yeah was good thanks. I got 17th. Dan didn't make it out of pools tho, but he did good for his first tournament, and plus he hard a hard pool.

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
Me, Brado and Calzum are like 99.999999999999999999% confirmed.
Looking forward to playing you guys on Brawl + Melee. I'm getting comfortable with Melee again now. You guys need to teach me some stuff. :)

oOJaseOo

Smash Ace
alrigth my offer aint gonna happen guys iv ran into money issues and iv just been lazy so only geos is open for staying over but nxt one it should be ok

oOJaseOo

Smash Ace
I think we have recording equipment at yens if not dam and i have some (more dam than me) so only bring stuff if you wanna take the recordings home but then im sure yen will be able to send them to you anyways but its rlly up to him.

Mac Matrix

Smash Cadet
By unlimited replay saves does that mean time limit is disabled?

God, I really need that. Mine and my cousin's epic fights always last too long. =/

Btw, when I come over Yen is it okay if someone there drags me down to a shop to get some drinks? I figure I'll need a wakeup call or something. Maybe a couple bottles of red bull or something?

Yeniths

East Midlands!
Yeah thats fine, there is a few shops within like a 5 min walk from mine so can get supplies from there.

Could I ask that you add calzorz on msn? He's planning to come from s****horpe to, so maybe you guys could come together?

Mac Matrix

Smash Cadet
Yeah, I came on yesterday about 9pm and had a message in my profile from him asking to add me.

Talked to him about it, I got no problems with him tagging with me on the way =)

knuttz45

Smash Ace
I really want to make this....I'm going to be getting to derby on Friday...the 20th....and are there any major trains from Derby to Louth?

Aiko

Smash Champion
hi knuttz =D hope you can make it! There are plenty of trains going to grimsby (closest station to Louth). What time do you arrive in derby?

Also, Yens and I are having the biggest money match in UK brawl - £20, best of 11.

Yeniths

East Midlands!
If you can get a train to Grimsby that would be fine, I or someone else will get you from there:). Add me on MSN should you want to chat.

If anyone needs to contact me if you run into trouble getting here, give me a ring: 07976935472

Look forward to seeing you Ant.

knuttz45

Smash Ace
I'll look for the trains. I get in on Friday, but am working. I'm trying to think if coming friday night OR saturday morning would be best. I should have a phone when i get there, so I'll write down your number yeniths.

Also...If there are doubles..i need a partner...lol

Yeniths

East Midlands!
On the friday night yeah? give me a ring when your close and I'll come down to get you.

Mac Matrix

Smash Cadet
@ Knuttz - if you can get a train to grimsby, the bus station is a five minute walk from the grimsby town train station (go straight out - cross road, walk up through pedestrian shopping zone thingy) ;)

it's what I'm doing. If a train from derby to grimsby takes a while I'd recommend going over friday evening and staying over.

@ Aiko: You're kidding. Best of 11? Are you two seriously that hellbent on proving which one's the best? (lol)

And. Yen, I'm planning on staying over at my cousin's from tomorrow onward so I won't have MSN. If you need me you have my number, you can call or text me. I'm making a note to bring the Wii stuff, so I shouldn't forget that ;)

(**** I need to practice with Falco. -.-)

knuttz45

Smash Ace
@ Knuttz - if you can get a train to grimsby, the bus station is a five minute walk from the grimsby town train station (go straight out - cross road, walk up through pedestrian shopping zone thingy) ;)

it's what I'm doing. If a train from derby to grimsby takes a while I'd recommend going over friday evening and staying over.

@ Aiko: You're kidding. Best of 11? Are you two seriously that hellbent on proving which one's the best? (lol)

And. Yen, I'm planning on staying over at my cousin's from tomorrow onward so I won't have MSN. If you need me you have my number, you can call or text me. I'm making a note to bring the Wii stuff, so I shouldn't forget that ;)

(**** I need to practice with Falco. -.-)
Alright. I'll have to look into the trains. I should be getting of work somethime around 7-7:30 that day...and will be JET LAGGED to all hell...

and...takes a while? I've driven 7 hours for a tournament...2 hours on a train not thinking is nothing....(I'm assuming 2 hours...cause London airport to derby is 3 hours) :)

I'll let everyone know what i'm doing, so i don't get lost. :)

knuttz45

Smash Ace
Thanks for the link...

So...i need to ask..what are some major differences from the PAL and NTSC versions of both melee and brawl?

Top Bottom