• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

East Midlands Social Thread

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
lol I know how you feel.

when I went to anarchy rules the petrol cost was about £50 overall.

The_Rake

Smash Lord
Flip me! that's just ridiculous.

Oh btw, I will definetly be coming to this now, sorted out shifts and all that so ill be ready to see how i fare up to you guys.

K.Mac

Smash Lord
Nice :D Look forward to maybe having a friendly against you - never played a Lucario main before; should be interesting. ;)

btw - this is random - but I have discovered that it is infact possible to have lagless online matches. o________O normally I have like 0.1/0.2s of lag... sometimes more, but today I went against a toon link... and the lag was so small as to be unnoticeable.
I was... shocked.
o_o

End of random post. I'm just happy that it's not my end that lags. xD

edit

I'll be remotely ontopic - I'm expecting my expenditures... travel-wise, to be something about £30. I think that the price for train tickets are based on a daily trip, whether return or not so... I'll be spending £22 on train fares. RIP OFF. =/

The_Rake

Smash Lord
Nice :D Look forward to maybe having a friendly against you - never played a Lucario main before; should be interesting. ;)
Ha sure man, you can count on it, although lucario has been taking a slight backseat recently, i will still use him a lot though. I kinda have 2 mains.

auroreon

Smash Ace
K.Mac, trust me... you don't wanna be fighting Lucario with Yoshi man, its queer.
Theres a chance I'll be coming here by car, so if I am I could probably bring a TV if you want/have space for another one.
And I'll bring Ixis with me, his bowser is sick, ull see.

Also, anyone complaining about train ticket prices, its totally rediculess... cost me 30 pounds to get to the london ranbats by train. You guys should look into going by coach, apparently its much cheaper but idk much about it...

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
Oh wow, I love you.

I checked through tons of possible destination starts/ends to see if there were funfare tickets but there were none, if I knew there was a specific page for it then I would have checked.

Yen, I'm right in thinking Lincoln is right next to Lincolnshire correct? Since that's the closest coach stop I can think of that has a funfare atm.

Keith, Aaron, how does £2 return sound to you? :D (Though this means we'd have to be at Lincoln at 7.40 am on Sunday. Also we'd have to travel from london:central and I haven't been there lol)

edit: wow gay I just checked literally 1 minute after and the only funfare left now is the return. £17.80 to go if you guys want to, or £10 for child.

edit 2: actually yen just let me know when the next fest is on, we'll be there for £2 return each lol.

Yeniths

East Midlands!
Oh wow TC thats pretty gay. If you could get to Grimsby or Lincoln, I could arrange a lift there and back for you guys most probably. I'm not sure on my next fest yet, but it will be a while as I'll be pretty busy with exams and uni stuff.

K.Mac

Smash Lord
Lol, who said I would use Yoshi against Lucario? ;)

I WANT THE YOSHI DITTO. But I don't know how good my Yoshi is compared to Aurorean's... =7

I bet Willz would beat me in a Yoshi ditto. lol.

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
I guess I could hold another one in June. Not sure yet though. And if you hold one in July George make it early as I'm going Florida to **** them smashers there. =P

And Kmac £1 Yoshi Ditto as well?

Anaky

Smash Champion
NNID
AnakyUK
I guess I could hold another one in June. Not sure yet though. And if you hold one in July George make it early as I'm going Florida to **** them smashers there. =P

And Kmac £1 Yoshi Ditto as well?
Please do hold one in june willzarth, i would be there obv.

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
You will come 5th again and joooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooohn.

Anaky

Smash Champion
NNID
AnakyUK
You will come 5th again and joooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooohn.
silence, this time at yenthis even if i do finish 5th, i can personally guarantee i will beat u at a mm, u w8 and see.

and i thought it was on the 2nd of may, nvm guess it gives u more time to train up willz.

auroreon

Smash Ace
How many Gay Links Toon Links are going to be there? Cos I despise him and if there gonna be lots of them I should really get some practise in that matchup.

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
I don't train. Lol.

And yeah there are a few tlinks even the self-proclaimed best tlink in the UK will be there, TRIO3 OMAHGAHDZ

oOJaseOo

Smash Ace
I can pick some people up if need be i dont care about drivein to lincoln or grimsby tho if ya can get to grimsby would be alot better and yea i should be comein to this tho i havent rlly touched my wii for a while.......

And dont worry about me auro i suck so i wont put up much of a fight

Anaky

Smash Champion
NNID
AnakyUK
Hopefully i can get there as early as possible on the friday, you can more or less confirm me right now George, i would like housing on the friday, then i'll probz go home on the day that Calzorz goes home.

Edit: If i get a train to Lincoln train station, would any1 be able to pick me up from there, and also take me back to the train station on the saturday, when i arrive there on the friday it can be any time after 4:00, and on the satuday anytime will be ok just need to know before i get the tickets.

Edit: Alternative is to Grimsby, is there a Coach/Bus from Grimsby to louth, i think cal said there was.

K.Mac

Smash Lord
There is. The bus station is ridiculously easy to find from the train station. (it's as simple as walk out - cross road, follow pedestrian-only area up, turn right, walk on - dead ahead.)

HAHA I KNEW AIKO WAS COMING. I'mma **** him with my leet CG skillz. xD </joke>

@ Willz - sure, but my Yoshi is gay on Brawl and even more gay on Melee, so you'll probably win. ^^ but it's all for fun.

@ Jase - would you be able to pick me and Cal up Friday evening? Or is that too early for you?

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
If you want.... Depends if theres an internet connection at the venue. If so I'll bring my Dazzle & Laptop. =P

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
mk suxxxx

I'm gonna try and use some middle/low tiers at this (Wolf, Falcon, Mario, Sheik and maybe Ganon). I'll save my Falco and Wario for teh finals.

Yeniths

East Midlands!
Just arrive at the post code shown on the front page. The venue is 30 seconds away from there. Its at ST. Mary's church hall, its pretty obvious to see from my house, the hall is like a brownish colour towards the side.

Top Bottom