• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

East Midlands Social Thread

Rega12345

Smash Rookie
Welldone Willz for getting to number 1!:)

Sorry I didn't talk much guys as there was too much action on screen to be watching.. I agree with Trio that camping characters destroyed the pace of the matches :dizzy: It made my G&W look Sh*t XD Fun friendlies with you guys and a good experience, doubles perhaps was my fav part bucketing calzum's lasers.
I hope to come next time...but most probably do money matches + friendlies than ranbats -.-

Yeniths

East Midlands!
Nice seeing a lot of new faces today:) keep coming guys!:).

I will finish updating the rankings when i have time, I still have not slept yet so I havn't got energy to do the calculations lol

Siyico

Smash Cadet
Really fun fest, i played most people, but i still need to play you Yen. I wish i placed hgiher in Brawl though, should of went all fox, didnt lose with him once in the friendlies/MM's.

Btw Willz i played Olimar/TL/Falcon

Ive gotta say the best part had to be the insane matches we had.

4 way bowser
4 way meta knight
4 way jigz.

Was awesome xD.

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
Alright I'm gonna do some shout-outs because I can't get too sleep and I'm bored ftw.

Calzorz - Good games today bro. Had some close games in the final like my Falcon and your MK =P. But seriously I'm going to place 1st at one of these sometime I'm not staying in 2nd place forever!

Willz - Good ****.

Yeniths - Your Sheik is good but my Falco is better. And congrats on winning Melee and for all the advice you gave me on hosting. Next time I host it will be twice as epic. =]

Kais - You had a really nice Falco in Melee. Can't really say the same about Brawl though :psycho:. But great games we had!

Trio3 - Andy your Link & TLink are 2 gd. And your Ikes broken. You placed really well for your first rankings and I'm sure next time you'll come in top 4 like you wanted too. Just train hard ma boy.

Halo - **** I had close games with your Toon Link. I seriously thought I was going to lose. Managed to bring it back though!

Phear - Don't think I played you in 1v1s Phear but the Doubles final was crazy. Thanks for the money :lick:

Almas - Thanks for bringing Brawl+ with you. I heard a lot of people liked it a lot so thanks for bringing it. Unfortunately I didn't play it as I was too busy trying to keep the tourney running smoothly. And I hate your Peach in Melee so much... >_>

Rega - Thanks for coming Rega! Unfortunate that you missed the Melee rankings but I'm sure you weren't too bothered. And we had some great friendlies and the doubles match against you and Calzum was pretty lulzy. :)

Calzum - u 3stocked sum1 wtf

Brado - Xbox ftw. But yeah good friendlies from today. Obviously I have my johns from losing some of the friendlies but yeah woooooop. Lol

Siyico - Melee ftw. Seriously though... 3 stocked by Calzum? WUT. Lol Brawl. Need to **** play you some more on Melee next time. ;)

Zunari - I don't think I played today but I know you were pretty disappointed from your rankings. But don't worry man this is your first fest and I'm sure you will get better as every fest goes by! And judging from the Brawl Friendlies we had online (online sux but yayuhz) you seem to be good at Brawl. I think you'll get higher next time!

Anyway thanks again for coming guys. Hope you enjoyed my top tier hosting and set ups and my parents broken tier food n drinks lol. Hope to see you guys again at Yens next fest!

Kais3000

Smash Cadet
yeah i really hated that game, i was getting bored and needed a smash so i just attempted it, anyway the doubles i had with u were fun so that made up for it, i dont really like playing campy, spammy chars it destroys my playstyle.
I don't really like great in your face combo chars, it destroys my playstyle. I just did what I had to do to win, I'm a bit of a *** like that.

Alright I'm gonna do some shout-outs because I can't get too sleep and I'm bored ftw.

Kais - You had a really nice Falco in Melee. Can't really say the same about Brawl though :psycho:. But great games we had!
LOL, put your G&W away and lets keep the fighting in 3D, how its supposed to be played.

Advice to myself for next fest: Learn the G&W matchup

Calzorz

Smash Lord
Look for me and Calzorz tomorrow, we are arriving at the same time(ish). I take the award for being the smallest smasher, small, long black hair, I'll have a black quicksilver bag on me I'll be with a giant in comparison to me.
i am the giant :p! lol gratz on winning meele again george

K.Mac

Smash Lord
Wait, Calzorz actually three-stocked someone?

wtf indeed. I don't think he's ever 3-stocked me... or not that I remember..... he probably has....

-shuts up with the johns.-

Which of you guys are planning on coming to Yen's May fest? (curious)

Calzorz

Smash Lord
Wait, Calzorz actually three-stocked someone?

wtf indeed. I don't think he's ever 3-stocked me... or not that I remember..... he probably has....

-shuts up with the johns.-

Which of you guys are planning on coming to Yen's May fest? (curious)
not calzorz "calzum" 3 stocked some1 zomg get a new name calzum u wana be :p and yea i have 3 stocked u a few times kmac lol

Anaky

Smash Champion
NNID
AnakyUK
yeah thanks for that willz, i can say the same for ur falco and falcon, very intense matches we have tlink vs falco and link vs falcon, also ike is way better offline than online, people only say hes good online cause of lag, thats only in extreame lag though, ive lost count of how many people i jablocked them with ike. also was nice to meet u all and gg's. and calzum i need more mcdonalds tickets! ive ran out. :(

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
Yeniths told me he's getting the venue today for May 2nd. So pretty much then. Hope you can come Bowler.

And at the past two fests (Mine a few days ago and Yens in February) Smash 64 was not played. I don't know if it was played at the one in December. I'm sure if there was enough demand for it we could do it. =D

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
Yeniths told me he's getting the venue today for May 2nd. So pretty much then. Hope you can come Bowler.

And at the past two fests (Mine a few days ago and Yens in February) Smash 64 was not played. I don't know if it was played at the one in December. I'm sure if there was enough demand for it we could do it. =D
smash 64 was played at the one before the last, just not for long lol.

BloodBowler

Smash Ace
Question going out to any smasher from Leciester: How are you turning up at Yen's? I know bugger all about travel or costs in the region and am frequently broke, so cheap travel is a must.

Yeniths

East Midlands!
All the Toons I faced we're really good, my opinion of him has really gone up now lol.

Anaky

Smash Champion
NNID
AnakyUK
i never actually played Halo, only in 2v2s, you need to do more bair, if u look at santi's combo video its just alot of bair, also arrow cancel, i use every tech tlink has, and im still trainng tlink as i mained link before.

Yeniths

East Midlands!
How annoying... I could not book the venue for the 2nd, but i can for the 9th. How is this for people?

Anaky

Smash Champion
NNID
AnakyUK
i guess u can more or less confirm me for any date, all i really need is housing for a night, mabye not that yet, but yeah, i can make it for the 2nd and 9th.

K.Mac

Smash Lord
Both dates are good for me, Yen. :p

Just remember I plan on coming over the Friday before for some extra practice / johns. ;)

oOJaseOo

Smash Ace
I'll try get the day offa work i'll be able to come over fri around 7ish but i'll keep u posted geo

@Trio3: U seen santi's new vid toon titan? his game has changed alot since toon nasty

The_Rake

Smash Lord
Ill try to get the day off work myself. If I can't do that It would probably be pointless for me to come as the earliest I could get there would be about 4-4.30

Anaky

Smash Champion
NNID
AnakyUK
I'll try get the day offa work i'll be able to come over fri around 7ish but i'll keep u posted geo

@Trio3: U seen santi's new vid toon titan? his game has changed alot since toon nasty
i never said it didnt did i? anyway it doesent really matter how any tlink player plays, i never really watched santi's video's tbh, only the toon titan video, and a few matches against dogo, my playstyle is alot like peptio's, anyway i will look forward to playing u at yens, btw have you played Halo?

i wanna play u online halo or jase if u would, obviously i dont expect u to do good as i have had more experiance online than u 2 most likely, my fc is 3222-8684-3128 if u want to, and msn is trio3@live.co.uk.

Anaky

Smash Champion
NNID
AnakyUK
i never said it didnt did i? anyway it doesent really matter how any tlink player plays, i never really watched santi's video's tbh, only the toon titan video, and a few matches against dogo, my playstyle is alot like peptio's, anyway i will look forward to playing u at yens, btw have you played Halo?

i wanna play u online halo or jase if u would, obviously i dont expect u to do good as i have had more experiance online than u 2 most likely, my fc is 3222-8684-3128 if u want to, and msn is trio3@live.co.uk.
My Grammer = Epic Phailure

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
hey George. Me, Prof and Kira are all thinking of coming to the next event, if you could house us.

Top Bottom