• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

East Coast Canada Brawl Stage Discussion

infamousGK

Smash Apprentice
You could not destroy Hyrule... In LM, if they get to a high % and you want to kill them you can run and destroy the place... I did it and it's not hard... Once the place is gone you can't camp that well... It's like melee FD at that point. Hanenbow in singles SHOULD be banned because of camping... Hanenbow is like Hyrule in the respect that you can run away forever... Just like people CHOOSE to camp, people can CHOOSE to destroy LM everytime it gets rebuilt...

If you ban LM, Hanenbow, and Pirate Ship, what the **** is left to counter on. More neutrals... Norfair (BANNED), Mario Curcuit (SHOULD BE BANNED because of chaingrabs-death)... Would you like me to go on. I think the banning of these stages is BS if Mario is on and so is norfair. I don't even care if Norfair or MC is on, I can always just ban the stage. Let's try to keep as much levels as we can on please and thank you. It will get boring fast if we only have 5-8 levels to play. Remember you can always call a staff member over because standing behind the walls of LM is a form of stalling and so is running around Hanenbow...

P.S. If distant planet is legal (which it should be) then shouldn't the other yoshi level be legal because is has a slope... It was banned in Melee because of waveshining which isn't in Brawl...

D

Deleted member

There's still plenty of CPs.

Also, motion to ban Green Hill Zone? I know this seems ridiculous how I keep bringing up things for ban, but seriously, you can hide behind those things all day. It's like stage wobuffets. (sp?)

I'm fine with keeping Hanenbow CP

I'm fine with seeing Mario Kart banned

Norfair I dunno, someone said they need levels for tether recoveries... this is it

You should not have to break the stage to beat your opponent.

Also, Skyworld on CP? Now that I've played on it a little more, it didn't seem THAT bad..bad, but not THAT...bad...

infamousGK

Smash Apprentice
Thank you for seeing the light Jake! Skyworld can get pretty gay if your playing lets say Capt. Falcon or ZSS. Green Hill Zone should be banned for the same reason as MC (chaingrabs-death). Enough people love LM and see ways around the walls. I also vote to keep LM and PS alive. Brawl is different from Melee. You can't think the same way with the stage bans. That's just my opinion but I think the loads of levels to choose from is bomb digity. Now that I actually play Norfair more I can see why it is not banned.

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
If you think people are gonna play gay on it, then just ban it in your sets.

The point of my post was that people played gay on it vs me and it DIDN'T work... so how gay is it really?

D

Deleted member

Nate, you don't have an argument lol

By that same logic, I can tell you to just ban Hanenbow in your set instead of making it a full ban

Im trying to be objective

Hell, i've yet to play thsi gam ein a tournament setting, I have no bias

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
And thats exactly why you're uninformed, you have haven't seen how these things play out in tournament for yourself.
So how can I not have an arguement if I've actually experienced it?
I've experienced for myself how matches go down on these levels in the farther levels of tournaments. Wisdom > Knowledge.

D

Deleted member

Why does it have to be a tournament match that I play the stage on? I've played on them tons of times and I know how they work. It's not like there's a switch that turns on when you're playing under money.

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
Believe us or not, either way this isn't much of a debate seeing as you're the only one saying to ban it, and all the people who went to the tournament think its fine. As far as I'm concerned thats case closed.

Chaotic Yoshi

Smash Lord
There is sometimes a "switch" but it is completely unrelated to this stage argument. Just something that makes you go into uber mode.

In regards to Pirate Ship,
- The stage hazards are all accompanied by visual cues before hand. And when do they actually happen it isn't a major hazard.
- Tether characters need some love too.
- If its related to getting used to the stage, there have been crazier stages like PokeFloats in melee where you just have to get used to it. PokeFloats actually has random gimps like the Seal glitch and stuff.
- The "air time" is very minor and can hardly be abused if there is a way to abuse such physics.

Europhoria

Smash Lord
I'm actually going to post and say I agree with Jake; Green Greens has a stronger case for being legal the Luigi's Mansion. I think Luigi's Mansion is more like Yoshi's Story 64 then Hyrule though. *whistles and walks away*

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
Yo cos! You guys neeed to make it out to the niagra tourney on the 31st. If you guys come through we're planning to make a PR afterwards.

infamousGK

Smash Apprentice
I speak for the church when I say:

We want to but can't, Steve invited a bunch of us up to his cottage for that weekend... It will be a great weekend of drinking and shenanigans with a dash of smash mixed in for good messure. I don't think any of us really want to pass up a weekend away from the city to go play smash. Cottage > Tourney. Sorry, we can't make this one. Next time!

P.S. Cos will be holding a tourney soon... I will post it on the boards when I find out all the details!

infamousGK

Smash Apprentice
Did you find that picture orrr actually get your cat to do that?

If you got your cat to do that, hahaha; if you found the picture, lol...

Niko_K

Smash Master
If it's any more of an incentive our afterparties are ****ing wild :p Theres always drinking goin on :p

Really sucks you guys can't make it. Reconsider greatly, big tournament is big.

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
Hahaha well man, I understand. Either way, we're going to go ahead with the PR idea as planned. So we'll need a CoS reprasentative as a panelist. I'd nominate yourself seeing as you're the star player so far. Things are going to get kinda complicated though....

For instance its pretty definite who the top 3 spots are going to be but the order of those 3 is kinda complicated, and factoring the results of the Niagra (I'll spell it however I want lol) tournament plus your guys absenses their and etc....

Kjdjy

Smash Journeyman
Like GK said, sunny cottage weekend > one day tourny, im sorry that we'll miss it though, it wasnt really my intention the 31st weekend just happened to be the best available date. GK is trying to arrange something for mid-June, dunno what his progress is on it. Additionally I'll try to ensure that some of us make it out to the next Brawl event following Niko's, tournament/biweekly or whatever it may be

As for CoS representitive for your PR I'd suggest either GK or Ken, Ken primarily because I feel he'd possibly be more objective than GK, but GK obviously placed better and he'd probably be more outspoken about changes. Objectivity/bias seemed to be an issue in the Melee PR that led to alot of tension for some so while I sincerely hope the Brawl one goes well, take caution because the Brawl community in general is still unstable

Niko_K

Smash Master
Also what is CoS doing this weekend? I'm thinking about going to my dads in Oshawa, He'll drive me to some of your guys' place in durham no doubt.

infamousGK

Smash Apprentice
Niko K, we are arranging that atm. We will be hosting at some point this weekend... Just have to find out where and when still...

D

Deleted member

I beat Nate in a Oh Henry match

therefore I'm > him cause that **** was on THE LINE

... the line VVV

-----------------------------OH HENRAY-------------------------

ooo burn

Chaotic Yoshi

Smash Lord
Oh Hungry...

Also I'd prefer not to be a panelist, I rather Steve represent CoS. I've had a lot of discussions with him about various things, and know how well he presents his arguments from as unbiased a position as possible. And he knows the score, he's not some scrub.

Jake how did you ninja edit that without it saying "Last edited by" O:

infamousGK

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, I vote Steve as well, even though we disagree a lot I still think he brings up good points (sometimes).

Plus, I don't really give two hoots about the power rankings...

ThatGuy

Smash Master
In Montreal we usually have Castle Siege on Random select. I have no qualms with that level other than the time where I got stuck under the second transformation and died off the bottom somehow (yeah, the part with the statues). Ask chet. You can do some really funky stuff with those statues (although I personally hate them).

That's all I got really.

D

Deleted member

Castle Siege isn't a neutral because DDD is clearly **** on that stage. The statues interrupt play as well.

Top Bottom